Male HQ

Job Hunter

Guest Sissy

I have been Retrenched by my local company and asked to leave before christmas!!!!

Yesterday saw got teaching vacancy in RP but dare not apply. Will they want a sissy teacher? But I think they got long holiday like two months.

Anyone know what is the perk of being a teacher, and the pay scale for a diploma holder?

Anyone know of any gay boss who need employee?

My christmas is so sad this year and I have a puppy at home to feed.

I need help.

About your teaching aspirations why don't you try to get Otto Fong's contact and consult him.

About your seeking a gay boss, have you tried seeking positions in gay pubs and saunas?

About your puppy...oh you poor bitch...

I have been Retrenched by my local company and asked to leave before christmas!!!!

Yesterday saw got teaching vacancy in RP but dare not apply. Will they want a sissy teacher? But I think they got long holiday like two months.

Anyone know what is the perk of being a teacher, and the pay scale for a diploma holder?

I need help.

Hi there. Dont' say "dare not" apply -you never try you never know. Just Gar Gar apply first.....Holiday wise I think more relax but must go back to school, doesn't mean 2 full months of leave.

Can register at www.jobsdb.com, www.hudson.com, one of my friends got a job quite quickly through these job agencies. If you are not sure about teaching, just apply for part time or temporary teachers first. You can register as part time at MOE (but of course they are only likely to call you when school opens).

Alternatively try tuition? Now some of my friends asking me if there are good tutors around, parents are looking for good tutors for the new year.

Best wishes.

Edited by Dioscuri

I cannot sleep well tonight. While in bed, I told my puppy: "If I cannot find a job before CNY, I will sell him to a rich man." People say puppy normally bring luck to his owner, do you think by saying those words he will send blessing to me? :rolleyes: Anyway, I will spend my christmas with him and buy him a nice dog food from my one month retrenchment compensation.

Don't worry too much. Send as many CV as you can. Be as less choosy on jobs/ bosses as possible. Spend less and cook more at home - save on transport and food.

Economy not getting better in first half of 2009... but 2nd half should be better....

Guest -snowball-

Sissy, at first i felt sorry for you, after you second posts, words you said to your puppy, you are so irresponsible, so what a pet to you? I ever been " very tight " for a few months before, but i rather myself starving & i never let my dog w/o any food, you are weak in mind, you keep puppy just to bring you Luck? i really hope you not serious about it, life up & down, just be strong, Good Luck to you.

The recruitment exercise in RP is meant for degree holders who want a mid-career switch. Also, these days MOE is looking for degree holders to become teachers. Unless you are in your early or late 20s, chances of you being selected to teach is slim. Furthermore, if you are retrenched, you would have a lot to explain during the interview as to why you are no longer needed in a company.

Anyway, like most people said, teaching is about commitment. From what i see, you are merely interested in securing a job NOW and also attracted by the perks, chances are you are not going to enjoy teaching. Some said, "Gar Gar apply". My advice - don't anyhow cast your net. Things don't work this way these days.

On MC today. Yesterday night had fever and my puppy cuddled with me on bed to give me some warmth from the chill. In this time of the year, beast is more human than boss. :yuk:

The way u cried abt your dog, it seems like u need a sugar daddy more. or some donation or something?

Maybe u can try to tell us why u r retrenced at the first place?

Sissies teacher are not very recommended bcos can u imagine how rude the kids nowaday are. I just dont want u to hide in the toilet during recess and cry.

Some job suggestion that hiring sissies:

Saloon

Perfume counter sales promoter

emm, that all i can think off now. good luck.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Which is probably why even you understand it.

The way u cried abt your dog, it seems like u need a sugar daddy more. or some donation or something?

Maybe u can try to tell us why u r retrenced at the first place?

Sissies teacher are not very recommended bcos can u imagine how rude the kids nowaday are. I just dont want u to hide in the toilet during recess and cry.

Some job suggestion that hiring sissies:

Saloon

Perfume counter sales promoter

emm, that all i can think off now. good luck.

Have to agree with Sarcastic about teaching even there are tons of gay teacher currently :).

All the Best & Merry X'mas

I need help.

Please go and apply to be a teacher if you wish to. But during the interview, try not to be "sissy". Dress in shirt and pants and speaks with a passion for the teaching profession.

Please go and apply to be a teacher if you wish to. But during the interview, try not to be "sissy". Dress in shirt and pants and speaks with a passion for the teaching profession.

Agree! Gar Gar Zor (dare dare do)......don't scare of this scare of that, then everything also cannot do liao......你可以饿,小狗不可以。。。没办法也得硬着头皮上!

Erection Day - dont play play, some sissies very fit one hor.....last time in my army camp, 1 sissy ran faster than the PTI. The other top the platoon in terms of pull-ups......dont play play...........maybe they imagine themselves as Wonder Woman or Bionic Woman..........teach PE maybe a small case to them! I show you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbw-deKrizo...feature=related

:D:lol::P:D:lol::P

Edited by Dioscuri

Well that may be true but at the end of the day, you are hired not because you dress butch but because you have something there that the employer wants. I frankly don't care how people really dress for interviews as long as it is appropriate to the job. I don't expect candidates to show up in a suit if the job does not require them to dress in one. The goal to dressing appropriately is to let the interviewer have a sense of how well you can fit into the work environment. It always helps to dress in a way that blends you in.

The only thing that bothers me most of the time is bad spelling. I have read a few letters of application where I see SMS abbreviations. It is appalling.

When I hire someone I look at what they can bring to the table. :)

So good luck Sissy.

Love. 

I was once without a job for 3 months and I sweared I would never want to be in that situation EVER! Everyday is a day full of anxiety and fear! Whatever it is, you need to face reality. You have to cheer up and look positive. If you look sceptical, things will be sceptical, if you look down, things will be down.

May wish you good luck and cheer up!!!

Well, at least you have a puppy to comfort you when you're down, I was alone to combat those three months.

I was once without a job for 3 months and I sweared I would never want to be in that situation EVER! .....

Well, at least you have a puppy to comfort you when you're down, I was alone to combat those three months.

Happy for you Fear. I wish you the best in your current job and that you will never have to be fearful again, only to find each job better than the previous and be spoiled with choices. Everyone needs good luck.......Chinese New Year coming!

i have a different comment on this topic, from the thread starter, it would seem he is only interested to get a job as quickly as possible and attracted by the 2 months holiday.

reality check, unless you are poly or uni lecturers, most of the the school holidays you need to go back to school for CCA or other extra classes. (even poly and uni have holiday classes)

plus you have to start work around 7:20am, end around 1 plus but after all the marking plus additional duties, you might see your day ends at 3 to 4pm.

this is the info i gotten from my school mates that become teachers (esp my batch and my course of studies then, produce a lot of teachers)

lastly, teaching is about committment, ask yourself whether you are game for it...

Go do some homework, ask your friends who are teachers

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Ooooh!!! can't help to rant one more time. I have just packed my belongings and today is my last day in office.

Have been thinking of my puppy at home today and kept calling my home number to let him hear it.*ring, ring...* Puppy oh Puppy, I cried and wish to rush home to give you a nice tight squeeze and a warm hug. Hiis sad master need to see him, shake him and cuddle with him till tomorrow comes.

Mother of all graces, please help this sissy. He will never find another job and being sissy is a challenge too. Today and many days to come puppy will be my only friend. :(

Dear sissy,

Ohh, please just spare us your sobby attempts for attention and those crybaby stories about the goddamn dog whose goddamn owner keep using the sissy excuse and blame it on the society becos they will die of hunger. I have enough stress my own to be worrying abt u. If u got so many times cuddling and crying with your bf dog on the bed, may i suggest spend some time in the mirror trying to act less sissy maybe that will get u a job.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Dear sissy,

Ohh, please just spare us your sobby attempts for attention and those crybaby stories about the goddamn dog whose goddamn owner keep using the sissy excuse and blame it on the society becos they will die of hunger. I have enough stress my own to be worrying abt u. If u got so many times cuddling and crying with your bf dog on the bed, may i suggest spend some time in the mirror trying to act less sissy maybe that will get u a job.

I am borned sissy, how to become unssissfied. I tried but unsuccessful. :ph34r:

Guest -Asperger-
plus you have to start work around 7:20am, end around 1 plus but after all the marking plus additional duties, you might see your day ends at 3 to 4pm.

eh, oralb, that s not too correct. i m expected to be in school by about 7.00am (in case of emergency 'stand-up' meetings), lesson ending times vary (anywhere from 1+ - 5+ pm), extra lessons, CCAs, meetings, lesson preparations, admin duties take me until about 6 - 7pm, before i go home. that leaves no time to mark until at nights and so, on work nights i usually start marking at 9pm and sleep at 1+ am.

while holidays are long, they are not that long . . . effectively, 2 weeks in june and 3 weeks in december; after which, i m expected to show / produce work for next term / year.

redeeming features: i get one short day a week (lessons until 2.30 pm, where i try my utmost to leave school) and i usually can afford to not work weekends (fri night to sun noon).

please note that i am NOT complaining; i m saying these in the interest of providing a fuller picture. i believe almost all of us have to work our arses off in our jobs. teaching pays ok (altho i earn less than my peers 'outside') and the best part is the job satisfaction that comes from it.

Ooooh!!! can't help to rant one more time. I have just packed my belongings and today is my last day in office.

Have been thinking of my puppy at home today and kept calling my home number to let him hear it.*ring, ring...* Puppy oh Puppy, I cried and wish to rush home to give you a nice tight squeeze and a warm hug. Hiis sad master need to see him, shake him and cuddle with him till tomorrow comes.

Mother of all graces, please help this sissy. He will never find another job and being sissy is a challenge too. Today and many days to come puppy will be my only friend. :(

To think that people here really thought you had problems and even offered genuine concerns and suggestions. Stop wasting the forum space and people's time. If you have the time, concentrate on your job before you really get retrenched. If you are already retrenched, i think you should stop looking for a job and get yourself admitted into the Institute of Mental Health first.

You like animals so much, why don't you become a dog walker or something pet related vs. being a teacher? Besides it is a strictly cash business. This could be a temp job till you find something more permanent. At least you know the dogs won't judge you by how you behave. You get to learn to deal with different dogs- big, small etc.

I did this for a living for a while, and it pays pretty well. Usually you walk the dog 2x a day and you can have up to 5 dogs at one time. So do the math. The only icky thing about the job is picking up dog poo, but since you've already have a puppy, it should not be an issue.

Love. 

The only icky thing about the job is picking up dog poo, but since you've already have a puppy, it should not be an issue.

My puppy is small, the poo poo is small. Eeeee..don't expect me to pick up big muddy doggy poooo.

Very free today, nothing to do so brought my puppy to stroll in the park.

Suana pay well or not? Thinking of helping out in the suana but asking me to collect used condom and cleaning up the soiled toilet paper....eeek!!! I just want to be receptionist and answer phone call.

My puppy is small, the poo poo is small. Eeeee..don't expect me to pick up big muddy doggy poooo.

Suana pay well or not? Thinking of helping out in the suana but asking me to collect used condom and cleaning up the soiled toilet paper....eeek!!! I just want to be receptionist and answer phone call.

Good grief sissy. You are so spoilt. I guess the day your puppy grows up and starts pooing in a bigger pile you're going to stop picking him up? Wait till your little puppy gets diarrhea. Then you better be prepared to mop and clean big time which by the way they do get them like humans do. :twisted:

You know the unfortunate thing is after hearing your disdain for doing "dirty" work is if I am an employer, I would not consider you at all. It is not so much I will ask you to go clean the toilet or something, but it is the attitude you possess that tells me you will not be a team player. If there is sh!t to be be done, you will not be the person to do it which is fine. It is your cup of tea. Just keep in mind that such lack of initiative and self-motivation will come up during your performance review. If being a receptionist and answering phone calls is all you want to do, then so be it, but keep in mind that that position is already being replaced by machines with auto greetings.

You will need to show your potential employer that you are the person who is not afraid of getting your hands dirty. I will be much more impressed by a candidate who tells me that, than someone who just want to be pretty.

I guess at some point when your finances start to dry up what are you going to do? Owning a dog is a big financial commitment, much like having a child. You owe your puppy this much accountability.

Love. 

Wait till your little puppy gets diarrhea. Then you better be prepared to mop and clean big time which by the way they do get them like humans do. :twisted:

My puppy will not grow up. He is Chihuahua. :whistle:

If being a receptionist and answering phone calls is all you want to do, then so be it, but keep in mind that that position is already being replaced by machines with auto greetings.

I have sweet and polite voices cannot be replaced by auto machines. I give personal touch to my service towards the customers. They wil visit the suana many times because I give them sincere hospitality. Where to find quality worker like me? you still want robot :whistle:

Guest Dream On.

I have sweet and polite voices cannot be replaced by auto machines. I give personal touch to my service towards the customers. They wil visit the suana many times because I give them sincere hospitality. Where to find quality worker like me? you still want robot :whistle:

Guest -snowball-

some people only live in their own dream w/o growing up as an adult, their mind & soul is weak yet they never look at the mirror & ask why how to improve & upgrade themself at all, when they encounter some thing they can't hander, they will start to run away & put the blame to others, life is theirs, just let it be, no body can help if they don't even realize actually they are trouble maker

some people only live in their own dream w/o growing up as an adult, their mind & soul is weak yet they never look at the mirror & ask why how to improve & upgrade themself at all, when they encounter some thing they can't hander, they will start to run away & put the blame to others, life is theirs, just let it be, no body can help if they don't even realize actually they are trouble maker

Fully agree with you.

Most youngsters these days are really "mm chai see", only know about shopping and enjoying life.

Only want easy job, good pay, long weekends........soon they will find the more hard working "foreign talent" taking over asking for lesser; and you can see now they are employed all over the shopping centres, factories and offices etc.

Can't find a job?......never mind can rest at home and watch DVD

No money?......never mind, mother sure will give one.

Have they ever wonder what will they be when they turn 30, 40?

No

Sigh, such are most of the young people now.

Sad

Remember how when we were kids our parents told us to finish up the food cause there are children in China and India who have no food?

Well these days, my ex-boss was telling me she tells her kids to finish their homework because there are children in China and India who will take their jobs if they don't. :thumb:

I am not in Singapore so I cannot say much about the general mentality but I do agree that there is a sense of entitlement the younger generation seems to have as demonstrated by Sissy here. I would say I am a pretty relaxed employer/boss. I don't care how my guys do their job as long as it gets done. They can up show up to work in full drag if it makes them more productive, I encourage it. They want to bring their puppy to work, I am ok with it as long as my employee takes full responsibility for it and everyone else is ok with it and it does not hinder productivity.

I create an environment that is conducive for work, that brings out the best in my team. And if someone comes with a mentality upfront that they do mind getting their hands dirty without a good reason I think it is time for them to go. hence I would be really apprehensive for Sissy to even becoming a teacher. He needs to have realistic expactations on the demands of the jobs. It is not so simple as waltzing into class and delivering the lesson. You need inspire kids to learn.

A simple way to start is for him to start training his Chihuahua puppy. It takes a lot of patience to teach a dog to heel. Understand commands like sit, stay, rollover, be silent and be full control of the dog vs. the dog controlling you.

A simple interview question that I've noticed stumped a lot of candidates for any position is: Why do you think you are suitable for the job?

Edited by chelseasian

Love. 

I can roughly tell what kind of a person "Sissy" is just by the way he writes and sees things. I have seen it before. He is probably the very sissy kind, who is more effiminate than most gals. The kind who picks up stuffs with 2 fingers, bent wrist and sways his bum when he walks. No offence, that is the mental picture I get, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some people are born that way...

However, the attitude towards life and work is another matter...effeminate or not, there is no reason to think that the world revolves around u, that the world owes u a living and that if u fail, it is nothing to do with yourself or your attitude, but always because of external factors and the fact that the world is not treating u right.

Yes, no one is born equal. I am not even saying the world is a fair place. But if u work hard and have the right attitude, u will make it somewhere. You might not be the most successful or famous person on earth, but u will be something...at least u will have a decent life.

Wanting the best cushy jobs that pays for u not doing much...these are going to machines (like someone aptly put it) or if they are not, will be going like hot cakes...cos you are not the only one who will apply for a job like that (if there is ever a cushy job that pays well).

As for Sissy's voice? Let's get real...how nice or sexy can your voice be? If you have a sissy voice, i think a gal's voice would be more authentic, rather than a low girly voice....for God's sake...ur english is so poor (from the way u write) u think u can speak well on the phone?

I know I might be a little nasty here...but I just hope Sissy wakes up and faces to reality...the world is not built for him alone...

Guest disgusted

believe everyone will understand when i say some shows are so bad, you want to carry on watching... no logic. but this is the same feeling i get of this thread. it's wasting everyone's time! and i think i'll probably come back to see how much worst it can get... GET A LIFE!

Sissy is just a curious little gal, soon she will grow up to be an understanding woman. Anyone who has any job opportunity just do her a favour lah instead of bashing this barbie doll.

Most youngsters these days are really "mm chai see", only know about shopping and enjoying life.

Only want easy job, good pay, long weekends........soon they will find the more hard working "foreign talent" taking over asking for lesser; and you can see now they are employed all over the shopping centres, factories and offices etc.

Sigh, such are most of the young people now.

Sad

Is that your perception or is that a fact that youngsters only know how to enjoy life and not willing to put in effort to work?

If that's your perception, may i advise you to stop being biased and stop using your so-called old mindset and try to judge the next generations. For all you know, Ms Sissy is just one of those around your age.

Just because you been through tougher times doesn't make you a tougher cookie than the youngsters lah.

Guest reading the thread
Is that your perception or is that a fact that youngsters only know how to enjoy life and not willing to put in effort to work?

If that's your perception, may i advise you to stop being biased and stop using your so-called old mindset and try to judge the next generations. For all you know, Ms Sissy is just one of those around your age.

Just because you been through tougher times doesn't make you a tougher cookie than the youngsters lah.

i support "guest" and i agree he is justified in stating what he said abt enjoy life and not willing to put in effort to work if he was referring to sissy (and i am quite certain he was). just take a look at his (sissy's) chain of thought and his replies... OMG!

I look at it this way: there's always another candidate out there who is willing to work hard and looking to succeed. There is no point beating the sense into someone who is not ambitious nor motivated.

While it may be true that most of the younger generation only want to enjoy life as Guest had stated, there are also young people out there who driven and want to succeed.

In the working world, after a while the boss will be able to see and figure who deserves a promotion, or an extra bonus and who doesn't. I figured sometimes some young people just need someone to give them a good kick to remind them that life is not going to be like this forever. They need to step up and prove why any employer need to keep them on in the company. In tough times, usually the ones who are not performing up to par are the first to go. The smart ones will be the ones who volunteer to take on more responsibilities of the recently vacated positions.

As my ex-boss always tell me- "Create your own opportunities."

Love. 

Sissy,

I empatise with your lost of job but frankly I think your constant whining about ur stupid dog and some of your replies to those giving you suggestions, gives me the feeling that you are not worried if you ever get a job.

Compare with Larry who live a busy life between his drag life and his work life, you come across as a sorry, sad case.

I don't know if you are for real or you are just fooling around in here.

If you are serious in getting a job, go approach your nearest CDC for a job.

http://cms.pa.gov.sg/servlet/Satellite?c=P...8869#employment

Don't give us your crappy sob story about u being a fcuking sissy. There are other sissy out there who are not whinny and crappy about their condition unlike you. Please don't give them a bad name.

I too lost my job this year, yes the feeling wasnt good, esp when the constant sending of mails out without reply.

Luckily i had a friend who gave me advices and others who supported me emotionally, I bounced back quickly, got a good job and never looked back.

Sissy, I dont know whether are you for real, both the losing job and the constant whining. Remember, life don't own you a living, you have to fight for it. If you think a nice job that pays well and yet do not need to get your hands dirty is landing on your laps just like that, you can continue to dream on.

... and please, being sissy has nothing to do with you losing your job or hindering you finding one. the bosses just wanted someone to get the job done well, even if you are wearing a pink jeans.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Yipppppppiiiiiiii!!! after talking to my parents, they decided to sponsor me for further study liao. No more dirty job for me for the time being. After I graduate, economy will be good and I got more choices to choose. :clap: You guys do not need to worry for me and stop calling my puppy stupid. :angry:

Isn't it obvious that this ah gua is just a drama queen who has nothing better to do but start to post stuff to mock at sissies?

吃饱饭,没精打,就来捉弄人。。。 无聊。

• Guest locked this topic