Male HQ

Taiwan, one of the unresolved issues in East Asia...

singalion

12 minutes ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Please don't get me started on American young boys and girls feeding on DRUGS if they could get their hands on.  🤫🤫

Oh...  the last thing I would like to do is to get you started...  on anything!  Stay well in peace. :thumb:

16 minutes ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Young children must eat in order to grow, and as they get older, their obesity gradually fade. You won't have anything positive to say about it either if the Chinese kids go hungry and go as skinny as a twig.

Interestingly the world has both. Malnutrition, underweight n overweight, more so in the developing countries but US, China and India is again, right there, so.

8 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I keep finding videos about the problems in Russia with their military and economy,  problems in China with their economy, with their poor construction of crumbling houses and structures, etc. etc.   Perhaps the YouTube site I frequent is very biased towards America's interests, and I accept that there is a lack of balance there.

Oh yes, Google (Youtube) and Facebook are notorious for their algorithms that targets you for what you like, the more you like or spend time viewing something, the more they push it to you in your searches, other than enabling a hotbed of scam advertisements that precisely targets your interests.

I presume it's similar for the guest accounts and Sweetie Pie if they ever consume China propaganda on Youtube, Tik Tok, 小红书,Facebook Reels or maybe even links from relatives and friends to these sites.

16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

In any case, my only contempt of Russia is its attack of Ukraine,  and of China its threats to Taiwan and other neighbors. Otherwise, I wish these countries the best,  together with my own country the US.  

Likewise. I find Russia fascinating but I disagree with it on Ukraine. In a way I  love many things of China, i am afterall unshamedly ethnically Chinese, but I'll not subscribe to ugly covert overt  propaganda. America at its best can be a beacon, at its worst, well, the worst of any "developed" society. Of couse we didnt talk about the other places with crumbling social order.

After all, there is only one planet now, best if they all get better for the sake of all of us.

1 hour ago, PlayersGroup said:

Likewise. I find Russia fascinating but I disagree with it on Ukraine. In a way I  love many things of China, i am after all unashamedly ethnically Chinese, but I'll not subscribe to ugly covert overt  propaganda. America at its best can be a beacon, at its worst, well, the worst of any "developed" society. 

After all, there is only one planet now, best if they all get better for the sake of all of us.

There is only one planet now... and for many years to come.  Star Wars is still science fiction.

We are surely optimists, but we must also be realists. They won't "all get better for the sake of all of us".  Politicians don't care at all for the sake of all of us, and unfortunately, our modern societies are governed by politicians.  My optimism is the hope that long before we have another planet,  artificial intelligence will replace all the politicians and start making decisions that benefit humanity and all living creatures on this planet.

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

My optimism is the hope that long before we have another planet,  artificial intelligence will replace all the politicians and start making decisions that benefit humanity and all living creatures on this planet.

Assuming  they are not already using AI for espionage, counter espionage, war and destruction. I hope for the best but we never know.

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

My optimism is the hope that long before we have another planet,  artificial intelligence will replace all the politicians and start making decisions that benefit humanity and all living creatures on this planet.

Why are you so confident that AI has not already displaced politicians? The dissemination of misinformation about them through AI, such as the internet, is beyond the control of politicians from all over the world.   What about you distorting the history of relations between Taiwan and its mainland China on this forum (a form of AI). 

3 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Why are you so confident that AI has not already displaced politicians? The dissemination of misinformation about them through AI, such as the internet, is beyond the control of politicians from all over the world.   What about you distorting the history of relations between Taiwan and its mainland China on this forum (a form of AI). 

No, Sweetie, stop putting blame of "intents to misinform, blah, blah, blah.

Artificial Intelligence covers a wide range of things, and it has existed for decades.  Our computers have AI, our cars have AI,  our airplanes have AI.  

The reason I threw in the idea of Artificial Intelligence is for the INTELLIGENCE.  Dirty politicians like Trump have intelligence, which they use for their profit.  Maybe an intelligence that is not personal but artificially free of personal interests could become the TRUE INTELLIGENCE

Maybe for this to happen it will be necessary that  COMPUTERS WIN OVER HUMANS ???  I don't expect to be around by then,  but younger gays may be there for the experience.

Edited by Steve5380

3 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Said the most truth distorting person here... 

Good joke. 

None of your posts is backed by facts but just misrepresentations and then you talk about "distorting". 

Edited by singalion

As I wrote before,  I have a likeness for Chinese people like I have for most Asians.  I found a video which impressed me:

What a wonderful journey through this immense land that offers so many diverse views and experiences!  It reminded me a little of my native city Buenos Aires, with so many different shades of old and new.   So many Chinese souls, each of them with its own private world full of hope!  I wish them all the best of life and success. 

And seeing so many megacities with amazing infrastructures,  I had to reflect on the place of this all.  With China with such a richness of people and land...   what is the sense to aspire to something MORE?  Why is MORE better?  Shouldn't the nation concentrate in preserving and improving what it already has?   These questions lead me to the evil of the totalitarian PRC Communist regime.  Why should all this be in the hands of ...  one General Secretary of the Communist Party and Chairman of the Military Commission, Xi Jinping, a dictator now 11 years in power?   America is a conglomerate of 50 States, each with a good amount of independence.  The European Union is a conglomerate of 27 nations, each with plenty of independence.   Why cannot the Chinese government have an attitude of "live and let live"?  Why not tolerate the independence of Taiwan,  give some independence to Hong Kong, Tibet, etc. etc. ?   And comply with the UN Law of the sea Convention, instead of wanting to grab some dominions of the South China Sea it is not entitled to? When Britain decided to leave the EU,  did the remaining nations threatened it with invasion if it seceded? No, their respected their self-determination.  And if Britain decides to rejoin the EU,  they surely will be able to.   Isn't it clear that it is the PRC government of China the one who is looking for trouble?  

Guest Hold On!!
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

As I wrote before,  I have a likeness for Chinese people like I have for most Asians.  I found a video which impressed me:

Oh no!!!, you shouldn't put up such a video.  Remember, we both agreed wholeheartedly that China is a slum land, backward countries and..and...and a dull and boring place to live. Do you still remember what you told us?

29 minutes ago, Guest Hold On!! said:

Oh no!!!, you shouldn't put up such a video.  Remember, we both agreed wholeheartedly that China is a slum land, backward countries and..and...and a dull and boring place to live. Do you still remember what you told us?

YES!  It could be a boring place for me to live, since my Mandarin is so poor I would not be able to communicate much more than that I am hungry and need something to eat!  :lol:

Guest Crazy Old man
54 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

YES!  It could be a boring place for me to live, since my Mandarin is so poor I would not be able to communicate much more than that I am hungry and need something to eat!  :lol:

Most Americans who lived in China for a couple of years know the basic mandarin.  France is getting its scientist to learn mandarin and so are South Africa and Arab countries beginning to learn mandarin as their utmost priority. Are you insinuating that the Chinese in China don't speak English and besides, ain't you supposed to stop eating near your sleeping hour? 

8 hours ago, Guest Crazy Old man said:

Most Americans who lived in China for a couple of years know the basic mandarin.  France is getting its scientist to learn mandarin and so are South Africa and Arab countries beginning to learn mandarin as their utmost priority. Are you insinuating that the Chinese in China don't speak English and besides, ain't you supposed to stop eating near your sleeping hour? 

Crazy Old Man,  of course I would learn some Mandarin,  I wasn't serious.  And about my eating, the foods I see in the video look appetizing, yet I still prefer my lentils with vegetables and chocolate ice cream.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.