Male HQ

Taiwan, one of the unresolved issues in East Asia...

singalion

Guest Suspcious

I am not in complete agreement with these two guys!

The next president who tries to promote an independent state could be assassinated by America. The obvious explanation is that America lacks faith in its capability to defeat China in a conflict. To prevent an immediate reunification through force, Americans wanted Taiwan to maintain its neutrality. Remember Chen Shui Bian, the former president of Taiwan who supported independence? He came dangerously close to being shot dead, but fortunately the bullet missed his vital organs.

The next president who tries to promote an independent state could be assassinated by America. The obvious explanation is that America lacks faith in its capability to defeat China in a conflict. To prevent an immediate reunification through force, Americans wanted Taiwan to maintain its neutrality. Remember Chen Shui Bian, the former president of Taiwan who supported independence? He came dangerously close to being shot dead, but fortunately the bullet missed his vital organs.

As if the US had any issues with Taiwan being independent... but doesn't support it actively.

The US intends unification of Taiwan through amicable means and an agreement by both parts and not uniliteral.

Better read more into the US Taiwan policy ...

here to get some background:

https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-taiwan/

U.S. Relations With Taiwan

The United States approach to Taiwan has remained consistent across decades and administrations.  The United States has a longstanding one China policy, which is guided by the Taiwan Relations Act, the three U.S.-China Joint Communiques, and the Six Assurances.  We oppose any unilateral changes to the status quo from either side; we do not support Taiwan independence; and we expect cross-Strait differences to be resolved by peaceful means. We continue to have an abiding interest in peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait.  Consistent with the Taiwan Relations Act, the United States makes available defense articles and services as necessary to enable Taiwan to maintain a sufficient self-defense capability -– and maintains our capacity to resist any resort to force or other forms of coercion that would jeopardize the security, or the social or economic system, of Taiwan.

Guest Suspicious:   your post makes one suspicious that you have ingested some alcoholic substance that has reached your brain and has influenced that what you typed.  

When old foes become best friends... (and not talking here about China... because it seems to be just the opposite now)

China concerns drive historic upgrade in US-Vietnam relations

In Hanoi, Joe Biden says ties have ‘entered a new stage’, as analysts note Vietnam is prepared to challenge China’s regional ambitions

Tue 12 Sep 2023

Over the weekend, US President Joe Biden arrived in Hanoi and finalised a diplomatic agreement with former foe Vietnam that was, until recently, almost unthinkable.

spacer.png

Shortly after touching down in the country, Biden met Nguyen Phu Trong, general secretary of the Communist party of Vietnam, to upgrade their ties to a comprehensive strategic partnership (CSP), the highest of Vietnam’s three diplomatic levels – save for a special category reserved for Cambodia and Laos.

This puts the US in the same category as China, Russia, India, and South Korea, a move American diplomats had been seeking for years. Further CSPs are under discussion with Australia, Indonesia and Singapore.

Biden and Trong released a wide-ranging joint leaders’ statement on Sunday that “reaffirmed the importance of economic, trade, and investment cooperation and innovation-driven inclusive economic growth as the core foundations and sources of momentum in the bilateral relationship”.

On Monday Biden said US relations with Vietnam had “entered a new stage”.

Nhan Dan, the official newspaper of the Communist party of Vietnam, hailed the agreement, with the headline “Vietnam, US establish comprehensive strategic partnership for peace, cooperation, and development.”

“On the surface, I expect China to exhibit restraint in its reactions, especially since Hanoi has consistently emphasised that the upgrade isn’t about ‘containing’ China,” he said. “However, beneath the surface, China might be inclined to ramp up its aggressive manoeuvres in the South China Sea or wield its economic influence as a warning sent to Hanoi.”

Dr Huong Le Thu, adjunct fellow at CSIS in Washington DC, said: “China has already been reacting by using language warning south-east Asian countries from external meddling, sending the water cannon, sending more delegations prior to Biden’s visit.

“None of this is new from China’s playbook, but the Vietnamese are well aware and playing along while going ahead with the partnership with the US.”

In addition to the diplomatic upgrade, the White House announced numerous bilateral initiatives and business deals illustrating the key economic role it envisions for Vietnam moving forward.

And then there are people here who think that China's relevance to the region has increased...

Countries are aware who are the real bullies around.... (and they wouldn't seek cooperation with the US if they considered the US being the bully...)

The world learns, you can't trust China and can't trust Russia.

Edited by singalion

4 hours ago, singalion said:

China concerns drive historic upgrade in US-Vietnam relations

Joe Biden:  Viet, you needed my help because China is going to attack you.

Vietnam:  Really?  We are both communist countries with close ties

Joe Biden:  Let us upgrade our military ties in your country as precautionery measure

Joe Biden:  I will regard your country as friendly allies, and apologise for my previous word about you being

an undemocratic.

Vietnam:   Sounds good, but what have you got to offer?

Joe Biden:  Treat me as your friends the way you treated China and Russia

Vietnam:    and?

Joe Biden:   I will pour all investments to improve your country economic development.

Vietnam:   and?

Joe Biden:   I have already sold America soul to recognise your nation, was it not enough?

Vietnam:   But I will still not take side because China is also our major trade partner

Joe Biden:   You have nothing to lose to work closely with me to ensure your safety

Vietnam:    Will you sanction me someday if I put all eggs into your basket?

Joe Biden:   Enough!!!  I am feeling sleepy right now.  Americans called me Sleepy Joe for a reason. 

secret recording of private meeting...

Phạm Minh Chính: Joe you must help us, the Chinese are encroaching into our country at every corner. We need miltary ships and F16 fighters.

Joe B: Sure, you get what you want but it means I need to drink a round of Whiskies with McCarthy again.

Phạm Minh Chính: Your country men know our country has beautiful girls, can I be of any help. 

Joe B : (laughs) My friend Pham, I m not Trump, I won't make my son Hunter to a special envoy for Vietnam, like that bastard did with his daughter Ivanka, you better keep your girls for Xi's next state visit..."

Pham: But what can we do?

Joe B: Fly a dozen of balloons into China, if Xi protests, claim they are just weather balloons that got off from track. 

We will also finance some Windpark facilities in your waters or better in Chinese waters. If Xi protest again, simply tell him about Vietnam's 10 dash line...

Pham: Great idea. I will sail a ship through the zone and call it a freedom of navigation patrol. 

Joe B: I m starting to feel tired, coming back to your suggestion with beautiful girls... 

(microphones switched off). 

Edited by singalion

I keep coming back to this parallel between the situations in Taiwan and Ukraine. 

The totalitarian leader of Russia used the excuse of the common ethnicity of Ukrainians and Russians,  plus the fact that Ukraine was an important part of the Soviet Union,  to demand that Ukraine remained united with Russia.  When they refused,  he invaded the "rogue" country.

The totalitarian leader of China uses the excuse of the common ethnicity of Taiwanese and Chinese ,  plus the fact that long, long time ago Taiwan was united with mainland China,  to demand that Taiwan come under his authority.  As the island refuses,  he may decide to invade it.   If he does,  he might end regretting it like Russia's leader is surely regretting already his attack on Ukraine.

This about people disappearing in China:

Li Shangfu: speculation grows over fate of China’s missing defence minister

Li Shangfu, who has not been seen for two weeks

Fri 15 Sep 2023

China’s defence minister has not been seen in almost three weeks with speculation he is under investigation, the latest case of a senior Communist party official to disappear from public view.

Gen Li Shangfu was last seen on 29 August when he gave a speech to the China-Africa peace and security forum. His last overseas trip was to Moscow and Minsk in mid-August, where he met Russian officials on the sidelines of a security conference, and with the Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko.

Li’s disappearance follows the surprise removal from his post in July of the Chinese foreign minister, Qin Gang, also after a weeks-long disappearance. There has been no further information or sign of him since.

Xi also replaced two top generals of the Rocket Force in early August, in a major shake-up of the military wing’s leadership. Former commander Li Yuchao had not been seen in public for weeks prior, and there was no explanation of his removal.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/15/china-defence-minister-li-shangfu-missing

So, such disappearances happen in Western Democracies?

Edited by singalion

3 hours ago, singalion said:

This about people disappearing in China:

Li Shangfu: speculation grows over fate of China’s missing defence minister

Speculation by who, which country alone?  NO other countries have speculated anything concerning China's defence minister.  He is busy plotting and planning a bigger strategy against America's presence in South China Sea.  You miss him dearly?  Don't worry, he will appear when the time is right.

2 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Speculation by who, which country alone?  NO other countries have speculated anything concerning China's defence minister.  He is busy plotting and planning a bigger strategy against America's presence in South China Sea.  You miss him dearly?  Don't worry, he will appear when the time is right.

False the press is full of this. From Japan to Chile, all over the planet people are wondering.

Even Singapore's CNA is reporting:

China's defence minister under investigation for corrupt procurement, being removed from post: Reports

15 Sep 2023

Li Shangfu has not been seen in public for more than two weeks, fuelling speculation about his position as defence minister.

Source: Agencies/CNA/kg

Edited by singalion

On 9/15/2023 at 2:54 AM, singalion said:

So, such disappearances happen in Western Democracies?

I wish they would happen in America,  where this criminal Trump and his MAGA infestation could vanish without a trace.

But I admit that it will be more fun to see them facing The Law and being thrown in jail.  :D

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I wish they would happen in America,  where this criminal Trump and his MAGA infestation could vanish without a trace.

But I admit that it will be more fun to see them facing The Law and being thrown in jail.  :D

Nobody in the entire world cares whether Trump is imprisoned or a nursing home is waiting to accept Sleepy Joe once he stepped down as president.  The two extremely obstinate elderly guys at odds have irreparably damaged American politics and will see themselve imprisoned in their own world in jail or nursing cell.   

Back to the subject at hand....

Everyone wants Taiwan to reunite with China in their lifetime, and it seems extremely likely to happen now that the momentum is building. Only then will America cease to have fun in the Asia, for sure. 

2 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Nobody in the entire world cares whether Trump is imprisoned or a nursing home is waiting to accept Sleepy Joe

Everyone wants Taiwan to reunite with China in their lifetime, and it seems extremely likely to happen

Nobody, everyone, extremely.

There are 7.9 billion people in the entire world.

1.4 billion in China

331.9 million in US

23.6 million in Taiwan

5.4 million in Singapore 

How many of everyone do you know to be extremely sure nobody disagrees with you? 

Edited by PlayersGroup

4 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

Nobody, everyone, extremely.

There are 7.9 billion people in the entire world.

1.4 billion in China

331.9 million in US

23.6 million in Taiwan

5.4 million in Singapore 

How many of everyone do you know to be extremely sure nobody disagrees with you? 

With the exception of America, which perceives itself as having fewer allies, the number of individuals around the world who worried about American politics will not be significant to raise any concerns.

16 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Nobody in the entire world cares whether Trump is imprisoned or a nursing home is waiting to accept Sleepy Joe once he stepped down as president.  The two extremely obstinate elderly guys at odds have irreparably damaged American politics and will see themselve imprisoned in their own world in jail or nursing cell.   

Back to the subject at hand....

Everyone wants Taiwan to reunite with China in their lifetime, and it seems extremely likely to happen now that the momentum is building. Only then will America cease to have fun in the Asia, for sure. 

11 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

With the exception of America, which perceives itself as having fewer allies, the number of individuals around the world who worried about American politics will not be significant to raise any concerns.

Sweetie Pie...   your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent,  full of "nobody", "everybody", terms which should be used only in a very restrictive way, referring to small groups of people.  But NOT to 8 billion people, like @PlayersGroup smartly commented.  

Some rest may do you much good.  If it is not the Moderator with a 7 day vacation, you should start a 5 day FMD (Fasting Mimicking Diet) eating only one meal a day with just 800 to 1000 vegetarian calories.  :) 

4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Sweetie Pie...   your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent,  full of "nobody", "everybody", terms which should be used only in a very restrictive way, referring to small groups of people. 

When Japan releases radioactive water from Fukushima into the ocean, it first claims that THERE WAS NO TOXICITY IN THE WATER, because it said that the amount of toxicity was so little akin to NON-EXISTENCE.   If you believe I am becoming incoherent, then why does America support Japan's incoherence?

4 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

When Japan releases radioactive water from Fukushima into the ocean, it first claims that THERE WAS NO TOXICITY IN THE WATER, because it said that the amount of toxicity was so little akin to NON-EXISTENCE.   If you believe I am becoming incoherent, then why does America support Japan's incoherence?

What is the coherence with the China - Taiwan thread on Japan's release of waters?

Totally incoherent.

If you want this topic discussed please open a new thread.

There is no relevance to this thread.

And after you have been complaining on America's interference in world matters, now you are asking America to act as the world police?

This is also totally incoherent.

5 hours ago, Guest Frank said:

Am bore at home.  Also, BW nothing much to read, 来来去去 those same old uncreative topics that after a few days die off 

As such, let me share this real case. Give me your suggestions, opinions, nonsense, bitching and including off the tangent views 

May 2023, 3 friends and I went for holiday in Europe.  I drove from Milan to Swiss.  Along the way, we stopped for lunch at the Swiss Boarder.  

My car is loaded w friends' luggage's + shopping stuff.  I parked my car infront of the restaurant, to be sure things are not stolen. 

2 days ago, I got a parking tix from Italy, cost me Euro 86 for parking in a residential zone.  

Decision:

————

1.  Should I bear the parking fine, maybe it was my negligent 
2. Should we all share, there are 4 of us each Euro 20
3. Friend should pay because.  If it is not their shopping stuffs, I would have parked elsewhere 
4. Since small amt.  I bear all, let friend buy me a dinner and call it a day  

Any of your decisions can be fine.  But, more importantly,  you should recognize your inclination to park in wrong places. 

You parked your funny post in a wrong thread, completely off topic !!!

5 hours ago, singalion said:

What is the coherence with the China - Taiwan thread on Japan's release of waters?

Totally incoherent.

If you want this topic discussed please open a new thread.

There is no relevance to this thread.

And after you have been complaining on America's interference in world matters, now you are asking America to act as the world police?

This is also totally incoherent.

There is a relationship.  @Sweetie Pie let's his thoughts dilute incoherently in his brain  faster than Japan's radioactive waste got diluted in the infinite extent of the ocean.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/25/fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-power-plant-china-wastewater-release

"Scientists have pointed out that China’s own nuclear power plants release wastewater with higher levels of tritium than that found in Fukushima’s discharge..."

"On Thursday, China’s ministry of foreign affairs was asked why it was banning only seafood imports from Japan, given their stated scientific concerns about water contamination should also apply to the seas around Russia and South Korea. Wang did not answer, instead repeating accusations that Japan had “turned itself into a saboteur of the ecological system and polluter of the ocean”.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:53 AM, PlayersGroup said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/25/fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-power-plant-china-wastewater-release

"Scientists have pointed out that China’s own nuclear power plants release wastewater with higher levels of tritium than that found in Fukushima’s discharge..."

"On Thursday, China’s ministry of foreign affairs was asked why it was banning only seafood imports from Japan, given their stated scientific concerns about water contamination should also apply to the seas around Russia and South Korea. Wang did not answer, instead repeating accusations that Japan had “turned itself into a saboteur of the ecological system and polluter of the ocean”.

It is all a big misunderstanding.  China is a peace loving country that will do everything it can to please its neighboring countries.  There are only a few insignificant details here and there that seem to contradict this, like those mentioned in the following video:

This is such a pity!   Because of these insignificant details...  what other recourse China's bullied neighbors have than to seek the protection of the biggest superpower in the world,  America ?

But it seems that to the relief of America, other nations bullied by China have another recourse:  offer favorable environments for foreign manufacturing.  Then perhaps the stupid ambitions of the PRC totalitarian regime will have to come down together with their economy,  and they have to give priority to the plights of their population instead of their race for arms.  They can always sell their arms overseas or recycle them into goods welcomed by the population.

There was a traditional choice totalitarian regimes gave to their poor masses:  " bread or weapons ".  Traditionally the masses were forced to choose weapons,  and this forced choice was positive by delaying the state of overpopulation we experience today.  Maybe China will also choose weapons, and so their population of 1.4 billion will shrink by a billion who will perish of hunger,  but perhaps the PRC will be smarter and choose good food (better than bread), and the nation becomes really peace loving.  :thumb:

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

neighbors have than to seek the protection of the biggest superpower in the world,  America?

But it seems that to the relief of America, other nations bullied by China have another recourse:  offer favorable environments for foreign manufacturing.  Then perhaps the stupid ambitions of the PRC totalitarian regime will have to come down together with their economy...

...Maybe China will also choose weapons, and so their population of 1.4 billion will shrink by a billion who will perish of hunger,  but perhaps the PRC will be smarter and choose good food (better than bread), and the nation becomes really peace loving.  :thumb:

I shared the link only because it is crude and obvious the Chinese propaganda machine is using Fukushima as an excuse to whip up anti Japanese sentiment. 

But I refrain from falling into the US vs China narrative. Because both have much to offer to the world by working together, while both systems are not exactly models for the world.

Will Japan’s war apologies ever satisfy China?

5 November 2015

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s speech on 14 August 2015 to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II the following day was eagerly anticipated.

Abe mentioned Japan’s ‘aggression’, ‘repentance’, ‘deep remorse’ and ‘heartfelt apology for its actions during the war’.

But there is still good reason to believe that no matter what Tokyo does, Beijing will never be satisfied. Japan’s exasperation towards China.

China seems to hold Japan to almost impossibly high standards of apologising.

The Historical Role and Future Implications of the Murayama Statement

The Murayama Statement of 1995 was the pinnacle of Japan’s apology for its wrongdoing before and during World War II. The position it put forward has been inherited by all subsequent Japanese cabinets. The holistic and unconditional character of the Murayama Statement, in which Japan as a nation was held responsible for its past colonial rule and aggression.

The Murayama Statement (村山談話, Murayama Danwa) was a political statement released by former Prime Minister of Japan Tomiichi Murayama on August 15, 1995, officially titled "On the Occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the War's End"

Full statement can be read at:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murayama_Statement

Guest Justification
7 minutes ago, singalion said:

China seems to hold Japan to almost impossibly high standards of apologisies.

Why not. Japan war still left many unsettled remnants behind and one of which include several islands it has taken away from Taiwan and China upon its retreat and to-date still considered those islands to be the Japan territory.  There is also the monetary compensation elements to the war victims family whom Japan remain tongue tight and refused to talks about it.  One can forgive but cannot forget the atrocities of Japanese invasion. The release of Fukushima radioactive water into the world oceans show no repentance from japan about protecting humanity at all.

But you contradict yourself:

If you forgave, then why do you still request another apology. 

Japan has given many apologies in the past. 

One Japanese PM even laid a wreath at the war memorial in China while apologising. This amounts to the same as the fall to the knees at the war memorial of German PM Brandt in Warsaw, Poland in 1970. 

Japan's PM offers apology to China

Tue 9 Oct 2001

The Japanese prime minister, Junichiro Koizumi, paid a ritual visit to Beijing yesterday to smooth relations with China by apologising for his country's history of aggression.

He laid a wreath at the memorial hall of the war of resistance, near the Marco Polo bridge, where the Japanese army launched eight years of war in 1937.

Edited by singalion

3 hours ago, Guest Justification said:

1. Why not. Japan war still left many unsettled remnants behind...  

2. There is also the monetary compensation elements to the war victims family...

3. The release of Fukushima radioactive water into the world oceans show no repentance from japan about protecting humanity at all.

I've spoken to a few guys knowledgeable in chemistry, or you can google reliable factual sources too. Japan has done a lot to treat the water before releasing it back into the sea.

Honestly, stop trying to make Japan look bad because it makes whoever trying to make Japan looks bad, looks bad themselves. It scores China no points. Japan has built a gd reputation for itself and its people since the end of World War 2.

China's reputation has improved by leaps and bounds since the 80s. But its netizens, propagandists and sympathizers has undone a lot of the progress.

4 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

I've spoken to a few guys knowledgeable in chemistry, or you can google reliable factual sources too. Japan has done a lot to treat the water before releasing it back into the sea.

Reliable sources? Who, the Japanese government and Japanese nuclear corporation?Ownself-check one's own shelf?

Japan refused to allow any third party or its neighbours to collect a sample of the "treated water" for laboratory analysis.  South Korea was likewise forbidden from visiting the area to get a sample of the Fukushima water. As per the most recent information, Japan has paid the IAEA millions of dollars to accept Japan's own paper works regarding the treated water, and the IAEA didn't even deny this.   Other than Japan Govt said it has done a lot to the treated water, why no independent party involved in the entire process?  It leaves more questions than answer.   Does it not smell FISHY to you?

7 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Reliable sources? Who, the Japanese government and Japanese nuclear corporation?Ownself-check one's own shelf?

Japan refused to allow any third party or its neighbours to collect a sample of the "treated water" for laboratory analysis.  South Korea was likewise forbidden from visiting the area to get a sample of the Fukushima water. As per the most recent information, Japan has paid the IAEA millions of dollars to accept Japan's own paper works regarding the treated water, and the IAEA didn't even deny this.   Other than Japan Govt said it has done a lot to the treated water, why no independent party involved in the entire process?  It leaves more questions than answer.   Does it not smell FISHY to you?

Where are ur sources of information? Pls quote.

Edited by PlayersGroup

20 hours ago, Guest Justification said:

The release of Fukushima radioactive water into the world oceans show no repentance from japan about protecting humanity at all.

Your comment sounds super-overly-dramatic!  And where does "repentance" come in?   Japan did not voluntarily caused the Fukushima disaster.  And there is no evidence that humanity is at risk from the water release.  The international atomic energy agency has declared the release safe and...  why would the tritium atoms move around the ocean looking for fish to attach to?    And in any case, samples of the fish can be constantly monitored with radiation detectors to see if they have gained contamination  ( thee is surely a background radiation in everything,  even your body may cause some counts, ha ha )

10 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

Where are ur sources of information? Pls quote.

IAEA is a white elephant without any knowledge about science. It survived on sponsorship, donations and membership subscription fee. Give it some money and it will accept Japan actions. 

Guest Let u know
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Your comment sounds super-overly-dramatic!  And where does "repentance" come in?   Japan did not voluntarily caused the Fukushima disaster.  And there is no evidence that humanity is at risk from the water release.  The international atomic energy agency has declared the release safe and...  why would the tritium atoms move around the ocean looking for fish to attach to?    And in any case, samples of the fish can be constantly monitored with radiation detectors to see if they have gained contamination  ( thee is surely a background radiation in everything,  even your body may cause some counts, ha ha )

People made mistake without wanting to be told and tried to convince stupid people that it is perfectly fine. When shit hit Alaska sea  and Americans get the blow from the toxic elements, it became too late to reverse the situation for million years to come.  NATO is a good example of telling Ukrainians all will be well and dainty if Ukraine accept its membership. It is too late to reverse what is happening to them now. 

4 hours ago, Guest Period. said:

IAEA is a white elephant without any knowledge about science. It survived on sponsorship, donations and membership subscription fee. Give it some money and it will accept Japan actions. 

Words with no sources means no way of verifying real from fake. You could  easily say China has built a spaceship in another galaxy. 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:46 PM, Sweetie Pie said:

The thread is about Taiwan and not about Japan. 

Can we keep within the subject of the topics. 

If you have grudges on Japan please ooen a new thread. 

Can we get back to the innate topic of this thread. 

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Why he doesn't also hit on China that releases atomic waters on a daily basis?

Bias???

Is this... humane???  Even with a strong stomach...  can we watch this barbarity?   What will this do to the Metabolic Health, to the Insulin Sensitivity, to the Cell Mitochondria, to the Fat in the Liver, to the Neurons in the Brain,  to the Arteries, Veins, Heart Valves,  to the Future Fertility of these POOR, POOR CHINESE KIDS ???   Will this make them all rabid fanatic PRC Communist Party lovers in adoration of their Party Leader God Xi Jinping?  

OH MY GOD!!!  THE POOR KIDS !!!

I wonder what the Taiwanese Parents who feed good healthy food to their kids...  think of the GLORY of their reunification with the Mainland?   Could they be eager to join in a Xi Jinping ADORATION?

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Is this... humane???  Even with a strong stomach...  can we watch this barbarity?   What will this do to the Metabolic Health, to the Insulin Sensitivity, to the Cell Mitochondria, to the Fat in the Liver, to the Neurons in the Brain,  to the Arteries, Veins, Heart Valves,  to the Future Fertility of these POOR, POOR CHINESE KIDS ???   Will this make them all rabid fanatic PRC Communist Party lovers in adoration of their Party Leader God Xi Jinping?  

OH MY GOD!!!  THE POOR KIDS !!!

Using videos from your era of silent generations to mislead a view, another stirring storm in a teacup has occurred in your selective agenda again.  Millions of homeless people in America and many homeless people in New York are envious of the China of today.  AS A MATTER OF FACT,  even if the poor Chinese kids are poor, they grew up rich.  On the contrary of America rich kids growing up sleeping in New York Street when they grew up.   Can we agree on this that the Chinese kids are more resilience as compared to America kids?

1 hour ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Using videos from your era of silent generations to mislead a view, another stirring storm in a teacup has occurred in your selective agenda again.  Millions of homeless people in America and many homeless people in New York are envious of the China of today.  AS A MATTER OF FACT,  even if the poor Chinese kids are poor, they grew up rich.  On the contrary of America rich kids growing up sleeping in New York Street when they grew up.   Can we agree on this that the Chinese kids are more resilience as compared to America kids?

THOUSANDS of homeless people in New York and other big cities in the US are the refugees who were desperate to come to America even if they have to be homeless here now.   Where are the THOUSANDS of refugees desperate to come to China???   I don't know about the resilience of Chinese kids,  but it seems that NO kid's body is resilient to the crap they are fed in the Chinese schools.

10 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

I understand why a Taiwan thread becomes a default US versus China thread. But I seldom see squabbles about whose homeless ppl have it better. Nothing to be proud about.

Especially here where those involved in these squabbles are NOT homeless by far!   

But don't worry.  Nothing that is written here will damage the real homeless.  It will not help them either,  except that it brings awareness of the plight of the homeless.

11 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

I understand why a Taiwan thread becomes a default US versus China thread. But I seldom see squabbles about whose homeless ppl have it better. Nothing to be proud about.

That old man started by saying Chinese kids eat junk and Taiwanese eat good food.

Of course I have nothing against Chinese people.  On the contrary, I find them attractive the same as most Asians.

But I find it so sad what is happening with the Chinese, especially the young, which are eating so badly that they become obese.   I first noticed this eight years ago at the BKK Babylon Sauna, where the majority of Chinese gays were cute but... overweight.  What a pity!   The nation should do an educative campaign teaching the young how easy it can be to avoid obesity by eating healthy !!!

6 hours ago, Guest U siao said:

That old man started by saying Chinese kids eat junk and Taiwanese eat good food.

What old man?  There are no old men posting here.  Only older handsome gentlemen.  :) 

To avoid any mistakes,  I also searched for "Taiwanese children poisoned with fake food" and I could not find any case of this.  So I may have correctly estimated that the Taiwanese children eat good food.  Could this mark a difference in the genes between the Mainland Chinese and the Taiwanese?  Something that could debunk the false argument that they should be one and the same?  

All I found about poisoning in Taiwan was about an Australian student, who was given rat poisoning by "mistake"? 

We cannot be safe anywhere in this world.  But it seems that Taiwan is still safer than China when it comes to food.  One more reason they should not mix together.   And I am so happy with the food in Houston,  my lentils with vegetables, good unadulterated protein, and safe chocolate ice cream.  

Oh @Steve5380, there is such a thing as confirmation bias. A random search online without proper comparison with reliable data is bound to show u only what you want to see.

While childhood obesity in China tops globally at 29.4%, America is not that far back with 19.7% (world no. 3). It is a global problem on the rise, Taiwan included. Squabbling over it by countries obscures the fact.

One piece of research attributed it to increased screen time as well as factors like "sleep hours, outdoor play time, sugar intake, snack eating before dinner, sleep disturbance, and obesity, as well as caregiver's sex, age, education, screen time, exercise time and parent obesity".

Tell me this doesn't ring true in any sufficiently developed country.

Google by all means, but let's all Google with some thought. Google allows us to filter our search in many ways so we filter out less reliable stuff n fluff. Google that!

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-10-2017-tenfold-increase-in-childhood-and-adolescent-obesity-in-four-decades-new-study-by-imperial-college-london-and-who

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36817560

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2020/12/21/2003749102

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

But I find it so sad what is happening with the Chinese, especially the young, which are eating so badly that they become obese.   

Young children must eat in order to grow, and as they get older, their obesity gradually fade. You won't have anything positive to say about it either if the Chinese kids go hungry and go as skinny as a twig.

I can't say the same for America, which ranks first in the world for overall obesity, diabetes and heart attack among others and even your police officers would struggle to catch a more skinny and slow criminal. 

Please don't get me started on American young boys and girls feeding on DRUGS if they could get their hands on.  🤫🤫

23 minutes ago, PlayersGroup said:

Oh @Steve5380, there is such a thing as confirmation bias. A random search online without proper comparison with reliable data is bound to show u only what you want to see.

While childhood obesity in China tops globally at 29.4%, America is not that far back with 19.7% (world no. 3). It is a global problem on the rise, Taiwan included. Squabbling over it by countries obscures the fact.

One piece of research attributed it to increased screen time as well as factors like "sleep hours, outdoor play time, sugar intake, snack eating before dinner, sleep disturbance, and obesity, as well as caregiver's sex, age, education, screen time, exercise time and parent obesity".

Tell me this doesn't ring true in any sufficiently developed country.

Google by all means, but let's all Google with some thought. Google allows us to filter our search in many ways so we filter out less reliable stuff n fluff. Google that!

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-10-2017-tenfold-increase-in-childhood-and-adolescent-obesity-in-four-decades-new-study-by-imperial-college-london-and-who

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36817560

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2020/12/21/2003749102

I draw no pleasure seeing the raise in childhood obesity not only in China but in the whole world.  And I am well aware that America is not far behind.  I just assumed that the Taiwanese are smarter and better educated.  But this may not make a big difference.

In my long life I have reflected over the ills in society caused by wrongful actions by so many people out of ignorance and/or lack of discipline.  The ills of smoking, of taking drugs, of doing anal sex, of the love for guns, and... of abundant bad nutrition.  I am resigned to see these problems as beyond needed help.  I can only feel blessed of having survived so many ills myself. 

I keep finding videos about the problems in Russia with their military and economy,  problems in China with their economy, with their poor construction of crumbling houses and structures, etc. etc.   Perhaps the YouTube site I frequent is very biased towards America's interests, and I accept that there is a lack of balance there.

In any case, my only contempt of Russia is its attack of Ukraine,  and of China its threats to Taiwan and other neighbors. Otherwise, I wish these countries the best,  together with my own country the US.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.