Male HQ

Where can you find a good and affordable tailor (2022)?

Guest Melvin
On 5/19/2022 at 8:56 AM, robocopshsh said:

I need a good tailor.

Good or not you decide yourself, it is subjective 

As for affordable, what is your budget 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, robocopshsh said:

$50 to $100 for pants/shorts? Cheaper is always better.

For that budget, it may be better to buy off the rack.  Marks & Spencer has some really nice trousers for $60-$70.  Am sure some other department stores do have too. As a 1.93m tall guy, M&S works best for me if I need something quick.

I tailor make my suits and dinner pants.  Yes.  These can be costly here in SG.  I generally will head to Bangkok.  So much cheaper, and the quality is quite good. The last time I was there pre-Covid, I made 2 full suits, 5 pants, 4 shirts.  Cost me SGD$680.  

The amount of savings allowed me to bring my family of 4 for a short 5 day-4 night holiday.

I would think Seah Im market there will have cheaper tailors.. not sure good or not. I used to go to a small tailor at Kovan for my shirts ($50) and pants (3 for $100) and they are quite good. But closed down since covid le… 

Guest Derelick
On 5/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, oldies-lover said:

Any older matured tailor??

Good to have this man to take the measurements 

Hahaha

Seah inn 愛丽 tailor not bad… it’s just the hawker center above Harbour front stn . I have been getting my business pants & shirts ( you get ask him to sew personalised initials on the shirt, be it at the collar or on the sleeve) and business suits from him. Price is cheap and quality is good. 

I tried this https://www.suityourselfsg.com/ based at Far East Plaza. Very good marketing, very good service, and they even have a body scanner where you strip naked and the system scans your body in a 3D manner, which technically should give you a super bespoke and customised suit right?

Wrong. 

The whole suit just feels weird. So weird that I didn't even bother asking them to re-do anything coz there's just so many things that needed to be done. 

Damage was close to $500.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, farku29 said:

I tried this https://www.suityourselfsg.com/ based at Far East Plaza. Very good marketing, very good service, and they even have a body scanner where you strip naked and the system scans your body in a 3D manner, which technically should give you a super bespoke and customised suit right?

Wrong. 

The whole suit just feels weird. So weird that I didn't even bother asking them to re-do anything coz there's just so many things that needed to be done. 

Holy cow! Totally sounded impressive but nonetheless a disaster.. I guess technology still cannot compete with the human touch of tailors… sorry for your damage.. I may have just ask them to redo until happy since you paid so much thou..

Guest Try and see
On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, farku29 said:

Wrong. 

On 5/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, Happypup said:

Holy cow! Totally sounded impressive but nonetheless a disaster.. I guess technology still cannot compete with the human touch of tailors… sorry for your damage.. I may have just ask them to redo until happy since you paid so much thou..

Yeah, man. There are online stores that claim to make the "perfect" suit/shirt/pants for you, based on the measurements that you submit to them via an online form.

Don't believe it.

For bespoke clothing, there's nothing like the personal touch of an in-person tailor/dressmaker, because every person's body proportions are unique.

E.g. Merely measuring the leg length and waistline are insufficient for making pants.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this question is appropriate here. Dear moderators, please delete it if this is not the right place for such posting.

Asking this on behalf of a friend:

Is there any gay tailor around? My friend has some intimate clothings that need alterations. This, he prefers to bring them

to a gay tailor. 
Please leave me a msg if you know of any. 

Thanks. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.