Male HQ

Dengue is on the rise. How to avoid getting bitten?

Guest whywhy

Guest whywhy

Dengue is on the rise. How to avoid getting bitten? 

Which brand of insect repellent is effective?

Are those paste on clothing kind effective?

Guest guest

Buy those mosquito repellent which can fight against dengue. Apply it esp if you are at home in the day time and go outdoor. This is what you can do. Also spray baygon at home

On 6/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, mantin30 said:

I'm using the mosquito coil. Baygon lavender. 1 dollar only for 10 coils. No acute hazard for normal use. Clothes got abit of smoky smell. Abit similar to the smell when I burn the sage leaf. 

In that case, burning sage leaves is preferable to using chemically treated mosquito coils. Sage leaves also aid in clearing out bad energy. You might think about sage burning with lavender buds added.

Edited by Why?

On 6/23/2022 at 8:12 PM, Why? said:

In that case, burning sage leaves is preferable to using chemically treated mosquito coils. Sage leaves also aid in clearing out bad energy. You might think about sage burning with lavender buds added.

But sage leaves are expensive. I still have the last quarters bundle kept in a bottle. Mosquito coils only 1 dollar per 10 pieces. I also use citronella oil before. Bought from guardian for 2.50 i think. Mosquito coil is still the most economic and effective. Although label said no acute hazards. But long term effects not sure. 

Guest guest
On 6/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, mantin30 said:

But sage leaves are expensive. I still have the last quarters bundle kept in a bottle. Mosquito coils only 1 dollar per 10 pieces. I also use citronella oil before. Bought from guardian for 2.50 i think. Mosquito coil is still the most economic and effective. Although label said no acute hazards. But long term effects not sure. 

During army used so many mosquito coil also no see anyone got any health issue.

• 1 month later...

For those who is staying in high numbers of dengue cases in your cluster or blk, what do you do to avoid getting dengue? Did you ever got bitten by mozzies during the high dengue cases?

My house got dengue cases again recently and i got bitten by mozzie, now worry that i might get dengue.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:08 AM, Guest guest said:

This one is not foolproof, even i have done all these, can still be bitten by mosquitoes. 

Of course it is not foolproof. Nothing is foolproof, and some people are more susceptible to mosquito bites too. Avoid going to places likely to have more mosquitoes during dawn and dusk hours too.

Слава Україні!

On 8/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, Coolbriz said:

Can also consider diffusing the following essential oils using an ultrasonic diffuser:

1) Lemon eucalyptus 

2) Eucalyptus

3) Cedarwood

4) Citronella 

5) Peppermint / Spearmint 

Can it be use in non aircon environment?

On 8/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, sgmaven said:

Of course it is not foolproof. Nothing is foolproof, and some people are more susceptible to mosquito bites too. Avoid going to places likely to have more mosquitoes during dawn and dusk hours too.

If unlucky, even the places have not many mosquitoes, but just happen to kena bite by only one mosquitoes and if that mosquitoes has dengue virus, then that's it.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Guest guest said:

Can it be use in non aircon environment?

The idea is to diffuse the volatiles indoors so that mosquitos get repelled due to the scent when they enter the house. So yes, whether aircon or non-aircon, it should work. 

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 8/21/2022 at 9:56 PM, Guest guest said:

If unlucky, even the places have not many mosquitoes, but just happen to kena bite by only one mosquitoes and if that mosquitoes has dengue virus, then that's it.

If unlucky, you will still get bitten and get dengue, whatever you do...

Слава Україні!

On 8/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, sgmaven said:

If unlucky, you will still get bitten and get dengue, whatever you do...

Agreed, so no need to get so stress up and scare. Just do normally prevention. If it happen, it happen.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.