Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

10 hours ago, Gayleo said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/jeanette-aw-pastry-shop/

Thought Jeanette left MDC to pursue acting overseas.

So fast give up want to become baker.

Probably realise her lackluster acting skills only can make it in SG

she left and stop being an actress.

what so fast give up? she has been an artiste since 2001 and left at the peak of her career.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:13 AM, Guest David said:

Heard from a friend . Not sure if its ture . 

This hotshot straight actor from channel 8 and also acted in channel 5 last few years . Tall dark handsome and super fit . Slept with some top management person in order to secure a international contract . 

Have adore that man for many years .  I was thinking how great it will be if i am that top management person . 

Didnt expect him to trade his body for the contract.  I mean its not even a A grade contact from a top Agencies.  But on the other hand  , after the one night of happiness from this hot actor. The top guy should be able to give him more roles and exposure to help him sercure a better position in our tiny entertainment industry  . He already had lots of advertising deal with top brands . Also has oversea projects in other Asia country acting in their TV show plus also did a movie . Which in my view he acted well in that film .all things are going well for him , thats why i dont understand why he need to do that ! 

Guest tyler nipples
49 minutes ago, Guest Maxis said:

Didnt expect him to trade his body for the contract.  I mean its not even a A grade contact from a top Agencies.  But on the other hand  , after the one night of happiness from this hot actor. The top guy should be able to give him more roles and exposure to help him sercure a better position in our tiny entertainment industry  . He already had lots of advertising deal with top brands . Also has oversea projects in other Asia country acting in their TV show plus also did a movie . Which in my view he acted well in that film .all things are going well for him , thats why i dont understand why he need to do that ! 

Those MOVIE n overseas roles didnt just flood from nowhere la.

Lol much

Obviously those were the exchange goods la.

20 hours ago, Gayleo said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/jeanette-aw-pastry-shop/

Thought Jeanette left MDC to pursue acting overseas.

So fast give up want to become baker.

Probably realise her lackluster acting skills only can make it in SG

Actually to give Jeanette Aw some credits, she is a certified pastry chef now.

She went overseas to study when she left Mediacorp and completed the Superior Patisserie course at Le Cordon Bleu Tokyo.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/aw-graduates-from-le-cordon-bleu-course

Seems like she has planned out what she wanna do and not just quit w/o any thoughts.

I remember reading that her homemade bakeries were well received and she insisted on using quality ingredients to bake in small batches.

I rather support her than support some rubbish artistes selling mee siam at $18 and say its a 100-year old recipe (Terence Cao)

or

selling chee cheong fun at $30 (Ben Yeo), ridiculous pricing.

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

she left and stop being an actress.

what so fast give up? she has been an artiste since 2001 and left at the peak of her career.

Good that she left and stop being an actress. i find not much future to become actress, better to go out and do something you like.

Not trying to stir anything ... but was thinking about the way Zoe Tay had been received in this BW platform ... not too good hor ... not sure why ...

If we are in HK, will the same thing happen to Lisa Wang 汪明荃 (The "Big Sister" of HK entertainment)? Maybe not as she is very well respected in HK? 🤔

53 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Good that she left and stop being an actress. i find not much future to become actress, better to go out and do something you like.

The smart ones will leave at their peak. 
Like Ivy Lee, Sharon Au etc.

Rather than rot inside.

I guess deep down artistes know how shit the industry is.

Guest Real Six
On 2/23/2021 at 8:36 PM, Guest Guest said:

Checked out the Bohemia Group, the CEO Susan Ferris's profile, Ferris's CV and also Bohemia's IG.

It is a US-centric media talent agency that until recently has been managing B-list US actors, not even A-list Hollywood stars.  They are now trying to partner with Asia-Pacific agencies including one in Korea.

And of course MediaCorp's Celebrity Agency has to announce the news big big like Lao Zoe just got a Hollywood movie offer liddat.

This partnership won't work due to the lack of incentive on the part of the US agency, as well as the geographical gulf and cultural chasm between the US talent agency and the Mediacorp artistes.

Lao Zoe will do better leveraging David Gan's connections to suck some PRC tycoon's cock in exchange for a B-list China palace drama role.

Lau Zoe can have a bit part role making a cameo as a haggard Chinatown whore being banged by few Black bros.

3 hours ago, p2468 said:

After watching My Star Bride (过江新娘), I find Xu Bin (徐彬) actually improved over the years and can act well. As he mature, he looks so handsome to me 😄😄

Yes his acting is not bad in the show.

Before this show was Shane Pow with good acting too.

Both of their emotion scenes really on point.

Quite a delight to see good acting by both actors in back to back dramas.

I must say Chantalle Ng is pretty good too.

She actually got better and better progressively, especially during the recent last few episodes.

Her performance in the first few episodes still need some polishing but she ease into the character very fast.

Actually her character is not easy to deliver, must 'exaggerate abit' but yet cannot be too over, need to know when to 收 at the right times.

And she speaks exactly like a rural Vietnamese speaking Mandarin, must have done alot of homework beforehand.

I think as she gets older, she is definitely able to handle those demanding and complex roles, if given the opportunities.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes his acting is not bad in the show.

Before this show was Shane Pow with good acting too.

Both of their emotion scenes really on point.

Quite a delight to see good acting by both actors in back to back dramas.

I must say Chantalle Ng is pretty good too.

She actually got better and better progressively, especially during the recent last few episodes.

Her performance in the first few episodes still need some polishing but she ease into the character very fast.

Actually her character is not easy to deliver, must 'exaggerate abit' but yet cannot be too over, need to know when to 收 at the right times.

And she speaks exactly like a rural Vietnamese speaking Mandarin, must have done alot of homework beforehand.

I think as she gets older, she is definitely able to handle those demanding and complex roles, if given the opportunities.

I hope mediacorp can see her effort and the positive response from this show and groom her as the next up rising star! She definitely has the potential! I won't be surprised if she wins an award in the coming Star Awards! 

On 2/24/2021 at 6:34 PM, Guest Tomato said:

Just because you think these countries are poorer than Singapore, their entertainment/TV industry is more backward, and hence easier to get in?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Msian, Indon, Thai entertainment industry have more productions then Mediacorp, and they are more developed in many areas such as movie making, singing, etc.  Hence their actors/actresses are more versatile than what we have locally.

Spore's entertainment industry churns our laughable productions with silly people trying to fake glam. 

Zoe Tay's cheebye is more tight than yours although she laid 3 eggs. You kena fucked daily until your fucking cheebye is like a MRT tunnel. You cheap fucking slutwhore jezebel.

Guest tyler nipples
46 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes but same what, even if shoot in same location for different scenes, they will go by  episodes. 

Lol. No

跳拍means Not shot in sequenfe la

all those scenes indoor shot first , for example.

Scenes at golden mile shot later...

So when they edit

It could be home ,golden mile,  tailor shop, home, zoo, golden mile

They are NOT shot in sequence

So u wont tell which scenes were shot first and how bad or good she was "at first"

Guest Menina de Sentosa
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Not trying to stir anything ... but was thinking about the way Zoe Tay had been received in this BW platform ... not too good hor ... not sure why ...

If we are in HK, will the same thing happen to Lisa Wang 汪明荃 (The "Big Sister" of HK entertainment)? Maybe not as she is very well respected in HK? 🤔

Well, in the case of Liza Wang, she deserved to be called as HK's Big Sister because, obviously, she really earned it: She's not just on TV and film, but also on stage, in particular Cantonese opera. She's a role model for generations of actors there.

9 hours ago, Guest Menina de Sentosa said:

Well, in the case of Liza Wang, she deserved to be called as HK's Big Sister because, obviously, she really earned it: She's not just on TV and film, but also on stage, in particular Cantonese opera. She's a role model for generations of actors there.

Real Ah Jies like Liza Wang and Carole Cheng would be so disgusted to know this low-quality crass respect-demanding lao auntie Zoe Tay is a so-called "Ah Jie" in MediaCorp.

In Hear U Out Ann Kok disclosed that the Ah Jie ranking in the 90s was due to viewership statistics compiled by the media. Then after 97, when Lao Zoe's viewership rates started plummeting, they should have stripped her of that title.

Instead, Lao Zoe went to por/sakar them, and they being corrupt and unprofessional accepted her gifts in exchange for negative reporting against her main rival.

The old hag is a piece of work indeed. 

19 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

过江新娘 last Second scene of last episode .. still fucking  product placament.. 真服了他们

dun torture yourself just skip it for good

I actually quite enjoy 过江新娘. Quite a good cast and they all acted well.

Xu Bin & Chantalle Ng were good.

Zeng Xiao Qin, Edwin Goh and Huang Zheng long not bad too.

And of cos veterans like Cynthia Koh, Rayson Tan, Lin Meijiao, Zhu Houren, Zheng Ge ping, Aileen Tan dun need to say.

Heck, even the Xu Bin ex gf (dunno whats her name) acting was natural too.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Do you think he is good looking and of bf material (though not local SGean)?

Shawn Chen

During his younger days, he comes across as quite playboy.

Drive sports car plus got accused of molesting Jeanette Aw during Holland V filming.

I think Jeanette Aw single handedly fucked up his career. If not for those accusations and the subsequent bad rep, he would probably have been groomed by Mediacorp following the success of Holland V.

But now that he is older, he comes across as quite a conservative family man.

So glad to see he managed to bounce back and is now a respected Ah Ge in Channel 8.

He is probably the best actor among his batch, definitely better than Pierre and Elvin and even better than Qi Yuwu.

5 hours ago, Guest Nubbad said:

And of cos veterans like Cynthia Koh, Rayson Tan, Lin Meijiao, Zhu Houren, Zheng Ge ping, Aileen Tan dun need to say.

Actually I was glued to the show especially last ten episodes. Xb and CN were good. Better than Elvin Rui En etc. Their acting skills were natural. Xb becomes mature and better after he married. CN is young and thin thin unlike someone who is fat fat and still acting like nobody business. Actor and actress should have the disciple to be thin thin so as not to hurt audiences eyes. Huang Zheng long, Edwin Goh and Zeng Xiao Qing not bad.

MDC should have part two for this. Make a 小王 into XB and CN. Make a 小三into Shan Shan and shiming. Spice up pei pei and husband relationship . Waiting for part 2. 😂 

2 hours ago, Gayleo said:

During his younger days, he comes across as quite playboy.

Drive sports car plus got accused of molesting Jeanette Aw during Holland V filming.

I think Jeanette Aw single handedly fucked up his career. If not for those accusations and the subsequent bad rep, he would probably have been groomed by Mediacorp following the success of Holland V.

But now that he is older, he comes across as quite a conservative family man.

So glad to see he managed to bounce back and is now a respected Ah Ge in Channel 8.

He is probably the best actor among his batch, definitely better than Pierre and Elvin and even better than Qi Yuwu.

Recently a former bubble tea boss was also accused of molest and his business ended up closing. Glad to see Shaun bounce back to win Best Actor in 2015. Speaking of 715, his messy and long hair makes him look so unkempt now.

7 hours ago, Guest Nubbad said:

that’s why you don’t need A-listers in a drama serial every time. like elvin ng, male vase :ph34r:

Guest Menina de Sentosa
17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

In Hear U Out Ann Kok disclosed that the Ah Jie ranking in the 90s was due to viewership statistics compiled by the media. Then after 97, when Lao Zoe's viewership rates started plummeting, they should have stripped her of that title.

Instead, Lao Zoe went to por/sakar them, and they being corrupt and unprofessional accepted her gifts in exchange for negative reporting against her main rival.

The old hag is a piece of work indeed. 

It seems that "sportmanship" is absent in her vocabulary.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:37 AM, Guest Maxis said:

Hmmmm .. if you are in a position to have a male actor for a night ...which one will you choose  ? Singapore actor only 

Guest Shhhh
27 minutes ago, Guest max said:

Hmmmm .. if you are in a position to have a male actor for a night ...which one will you choose  ? Singapore actor only 

EN with one condition that he don’t talk for the entire activity 

3 hours ago, Guest max said:

1. Elvin Ng

2. Julian Hee

3. Tay Ping Hui

4. Zong Zijie

5. Shaun Chen

Edited by Gayleo

20 minutes ago, Gayleo said:

1. Elvin Ng

2. Julian Hee

3. Tay Ping Hui

4. Zong Zijie

5. Shaun Chen

Wow .  You sure are hurgry...lol

Why Demond Tan are not on your list ?

Not hungry but good appetite. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Eddie
5 hours ago, Guest max said:

1) pierre png

2) Demond Tan

3) lim mingzhe( when much younger . As in the show coffee O )

Wah so fun, I wanna join in.
Here’s my list of male artistes I wanna sleep with:

1) Elvin Ng

2) Allan Wu

3) Pierre Png

4) Qi Yu Wu

5) Julian Hee

Guest Guest
On 2/25/2021 at 12:50 PM, Guest Guest said:

This kind of news must be taken with a pinch of salt, can be anyone just anyhow say.

But if really narrow down to Pierre Png, James Seah and Desmond Tan, then highly likely its Desmond Tan.

Pierre Png - he is married for so long and already a A lister, dun need to resort to sleeping with top management. And he is well received for his role in Crazy Rich Asians. If im a foreign producer wanting to cast Mediacorp artistes, he will definitely be in my list.

James Seah - Married recently, dun think he will be inclined to go sleep with people. And truth be told, James Seah has that X factor and his acting is actually not bad. Based on external looks, he has a high chance to be chosen by foreign producers.

Desmond Tan - single, dun need to answer to anyone for what he wanna do. Also, his career is neither here nor there. I always feel that he is someone not so simple. If given a good chance to advance in his career but have to sacrifice something (like sleeping with top management) he is very likely to do it. After all he’s already in 30s, he sure knows he needs a breakthrough.

Desmond Tan don't anyhow anyhow chut pattern sleep anyhow without David Gan approval later the latter will complain on social media

Guest Guest

Lao Zoe deserves every single oportunity on the global stage. Li Nanxing had to find overseas job himself and audition for some unnamed Hollywood movies for 4 YEARS. Zoe Tay has her work cut with Bohemia managing her internationally.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.