Male HQ

Driving a car to work means rich or poor

Guest Poor

Just now we have cny lunch, quite a big group and those with car volunteered to fetch groups.. Some of us refused the offer and just take public transport. Its just nearby anyway. 

Basically I said something like only rich people drive car. Poor people can't afford to buy a car. Then one of the senior retorted and said that people who drive car are poor cause they spend so much on the car already.. So people like us who spend only 1 dollar less to commute to the lunch place on bus is the rich one... 

Quite true his logic... 

But the fact that we have to be so stingy about 1 dollars means we are poor la.. They can waste 10 dollars petrol to drive back and forth cause they rich and can afford it.... 

Sometimes I feel poor people like to feel rich while rich people don't really care. Just spend whatever they like.. 

So if someone who drives claims that they are poor.... Can believe or not

Executive level who need to drive due to the needs of work are poor.

Managers and above who drive for the convenience of travelling are rich.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Retiree
5 minutes ago, fab said:

What abt Retiree ?? 

Once u r working , working class means poor. Rich work for what?

Retirees or those staying at home doing freelance jobs are the rich ones.

Not u drive or no.

I dislike those who drag to work everyday n claim themselves rich.

Dont shame urself la.

Edited by cutejack

In Singapore, it seems that only the rich can afford to own a car.

In the US,  those who are rich or are instead pretentious idiots drive expensive new luxury cars.  Those who are poor or smart, drive cars that may be 28 years old.

13 hours ago, Guest Retiree said:

What abt Retiree ?? 

A retiree who is smart, experienced, competent,  will keep his car for a very long time, doing all the maintenance and care himself.   In this way, he can have 28 and 27 year old cars that still run good, and avoid having any car loans. 

Guest FuckTat Low
14 hours ago, fab said:

What about a Malaysian who stays in JB and drives a Malaysia car in and out of Singapore for work?

Guest Yeah sure
8 hours ago, radiusulnar said:

note to self: topics to avoid with colleagues. difficult to agree on and ultimately meaningless

Because the company I worked. All the manager level drives car one. 

But during lunch in their attempt to bond, they act like they are poor la. They are not high level la. It's so disgusting. 

Honestly we engineer only earn like 4k to 5k. One or the longer senior the one that argued only earn like 6k.

But managers who drive here earn like 10k above one. 

Yet they act like they are low paid. I have seen their act so many years to the point that I'm like... Why don't you act your class. Go eat with your other managers go drive our and eat la. Canteen lunch is cheap for poor employees like us. The fact that we don't go lunch with managers at their level is because they go shopping mall etc eat those branded restaurants one. 

So they have to stoop down to our level. Wage inequality in a company is very obvious. 

Act for what 

No wonder managers keep getting promoted, their "performance" so good. 

One managers claim he the lowest paid amongst other managers. Yet one car enthusiast point out his car is the most expensive one. 

Anyone else annoyed by rich colleagues? 

1 hour ago, Guest FuckTat Low said:

What about a Malaysian who stays in JB and drives a Malaysia car in and out of Singapore for work?

This kind of Malaysian won't offer to waste his petrol to fetch colleagues back and forth like a shuttle bus and the company won't reimburse. 

This kind of Malaysian colleagues I encountered before. Either that day he will half day or take leave. But then missed out on free cny food... Will.. Get this. Car broke down that day... Or he also will take bus one... 

And this kind of Malaysian you worked day in and out will also know his pattern is choose 2 veg 1 meat. Don't order drinks. Bring water from office to drink one. 

This kind of Malaysian colleague you won't envious, but admire cause they are so hardworking endure hours of travel to work. While we just wake up take convienent public transport... 

The kind that is fske are thosr who drive branded car, come office late, talk big, promoted, lunch outside mostly, then occasionally during team bonding try to act like they are poor... 

Rich people have a driver to send them to wherever, including work. Their vehicles are limited in size & usually can only sit 2-5 people. Middle class people own a car, drive themselves to work while cursing at other drivers along the way. Commoners also have a driver to drive them whatever. Their vehicles are much larger

So what is the difference between rich people & commoners? Difference is, one is called personal driver & the other is called public transport. 

Once a colleague commented that I must be pretty rich & drive a big car. My reply was a yes, and the vehicle can sit more than 20 people 😉

Edited by robin

1 hour ago, Guest Yeah sure said:

But during lunch in their attempt to bond, they act like they are poor la. They are not high level la. It's so disgusting. 

Honestly we engineer only earn like 4k to 5k. One or the longer senior the one that argued only earn like 6k.

Yet they act like they are low paid. I have seen their act so many years to the point that I'm like... Why don't you act your class. Go eat with your other managers go drive our and eat la. Canteen lunch is cheap for poor employees like us. The fact that we don't go lunch with managers at their level is because they go shopping mall etc eat those branded restaurants one. 

So they have to stoop down to our level. Wage inequality in a company is very obvious. 

Act for what 

One managers claim he the lowest paid amongst other managers. Yet one car enthusiast point out his car is the most expensive one. 

Clearly a ranting of a idiot. 🙄

Reading the threads here is eye opening for a foreigner.

So much childish talk, extremely poor English, so much preoccupation with class and rank and money. 

Comes as a bit of a shock actually, bit like listening to high school students in other countries 

Edited by Adam_

Guest OK boomer
2 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

So much childish talk, extremely poor English, so much preoccupation with class and rank and money. 

Comes as a bit of a shock actually

It must be a shock that the world doesn't revolve around you. 

Hail English supremacy. 

Oh wait even Prince Harry is so childish with his royal problems. 

So pathetic actually. 

Real people have real world problems, your highness. OK boomer? 

3 minutes ago, Guest OK boomer said:

It must be a shock that the world doesn't revolve around you. 

Hail English supremacy. 

Oh wait even Prince Harry is so childish with his royal problems. 

So pathetic actually. 

Real people have real world problems, your highness. OK boomer? 

You are so proud of your comments you hide behind anonymous guest account - loser

FYI : Im not English

Edited by Adam_

Guest Oriental slave
1 minute ago, Adam_ said:

You are so proud of your comments you hide behind anonymous guest account - loser

I thought foreigner loves freedom of speech, guns, privacy and shit. Oh wait, Asian are supposed to obey, bend over and let foreigners fuck us around. 

How many languages DO you speak. English? Only? 

4 minutes ago, Guest Oriental slave said:

I thought foreigner loves freedom of speech, guns, privacy and shit. Oh wait, Asian are supposed to obey, bend over and let foreigners fuck us around. 

How many languages DO you speak. English? Only? 

Another anonymous account to ignore

When you are man enough to create an account and lived worked or visited over 70 countries like I have, I will discuss with you

Edited by Adam_

Just now, Adam_ said:

No daddy. Don't ignore me. 

I like white cock. Use me and abuse like the useless Asian faggot that I'm supposed to be.

I chink for you? 

7 minutes ago, Guest Chink said:

No daddy. Don't ignore me. 

I like white cock. Use me and abuse like the useless Asian faggot that I'm supposed to be.

I chink for you? 

Sorry not interested in childish bottom, only intelligent manly tops with hard dicks (any race)

2 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Sorry not interested in childish bottom, only intelligent manly tops with hard dicks (any race)

I'll fuck the shit out of you. You like being a bottom for Asian hard dick yeah. You like getting fucked like a girl by Asian man. You want me to recite poetry while I violate you, you like that don't you? 

1 minute ago, Guest Haha said:

I'll fuck the shit out of you. You like being a bottom for Asian hard dick yeah. You like getting fucked like a girl by Asian man. You want me to recite poetry while I violate you, you like that don't you? 

You might have the required dick (unproven) but certainly adequately demonstrated the lack of intelligence or maturity 🙄

53 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Comes as a bit of a shock actually, bit like listening to high school students in other countries 

Unfortunately it's true. 

Guest Adult child
43 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

You might have the required dick (unproven) but certainly adequately demonstrated the lack of intelligence or maturity 🙄

Obviously arguing with a child troll online is a real smart adult thing to do? 

56 minutes ago, Zyscgk said:

Unfortunately it's true. 

At last a real account.

Allegedly BW is for over 18yo but a large amount of the content is decidedly lacking in any maturity or considered thought, very noticeable in “guest” accounts.

I haven’t come across it in adults before in the many other Asian countries I’ve been in. (Not been to Laos or Myanmar yet)

Certainly haven’t come across it in the many adult Singaporean friends I have in my own country and other countries.

Have been wondering whether its just a BW phenomenon or actually a segment of SG culture/society I haven't come across before.

Edited by Adam_

13 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

At last a real account.

Allegedly BW is for over 18yo but a large amount of the content is decidedly lacking in any maturity or considered thought, very noticeable in “guest” accounts.

I haven’t come across it in adults before in the many other Asian countries I’ve been in. (Not been to Laos or Myanmar yet)

Certainly haven’t come across it in the many adult Singaporean friends I have in my own country and other countries.

Have been wondering whether its just a BW phenomenon or actually a segment of SG culture/society I haven't come across before.

OK boomer. Did you just discovered Internet like yesterday? 

13 hours ago, Guest Yeah sure said:

Act for what 

Many people who own a car doesn't mean their salary must be 10k and above, and those people who earn 10k and above doesn't mean they must own a car. Owning a car or not all depends on what is your priority of spending your money on where, how much expenses you have etc. I believe many people who own a car, their salary should be earning 4k to 6k range. So if you think you can afford a car with your salary, by all means buy a car, no need to compare with other people.

The mere fact that they have to drive to WORK, means they are not really rich. If you are that rich, you will be driving for fun and not to work. Better yet, you have a chauffeur to drive you around. So the next time you see someone driving their car to work, it just means they are not rich enough to afford a chauffeur and they need to drive their own cars, and they have to work to pay for the car. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

Guest Singaporean logic
1 hour ago, doncoin said:

The mere fact that they have to drive to WORK, means they are not really rich. If you are that rich, you will be driving for fun and not to work. Better yet, you have a chauffeur to drive you around. So the next time you see someone driving their car to work, it just means they are not rich enough to afford a chauffeur and they need to drive their own cars, and they have to work to pay for the car. 

Then those who takes public transport and change mrt twice and two different bus are 4x poorer by your logic. 

19 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When you are man enough to create an account and lived worked or visited over 70 countries like I have, I will discuss with you

But yet, you still replied - stupid.  

20 hours ago, Adam_ said:

FYI : Im not English

And you are so proud of your comments you don't let the entire world know your full identity - wimpy. 

FYI : There is something known as the Members' Lounge for wimps like you to seek camaraderie if guests' posts are not what you want to see. 

15 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Sad. As an IT Exec of over 30years yes I have heard of it.

And yet you only used it yesterday? That just goes to show anyone can be an "IT Exec" since over 30 years ago. Sad.

Guest Retired
On 1/20/2023 at 6:45 AM, Steve5380 said:

In Singapore, it seems that only the rich can afford to own a car.

In the US,  those who are rich or are instead pretentious idiots drive expensive new luxury cars.  Those who are poor or smart, drive cars that may be 28 years old.

A retiree who is smart, experienced, competent,  will keep his car for a very long time, doing all the maintenance and care himself.   In this way, he can have 28 and 27 year old cars that still run good, and avoid having any car loans. 

U r in USA right, U do not have COE right 

Car is considered an essential in your country right, because it is so big and in some suburb there is not train station 

So your point is invaid here in Singapore 

2 minutes ago, Guest Retired said:

U r in USA right, U do not have COE right 

Car is considered an essential in your country right, because it is so big and in some suburb there is not train station 

So your point is invaid here in Singapore 

You are right, Certificates of Entitlement are not necessary to drive a car in the USA.   And a car in Texas is essential, for the reasons you mentioned.

My point was that a car being essential does not mean that it has to be a NEW, EXPENSIVE, IMPRESSIVE car.  An inexpensive car can take us as far as an expensive one.  My two oldest cars, 27 and 28 years old, have each a "book" value that is less than 500 dollars.  But the service they perform is the same as that of a 50,000 dollars car. 

One curiosity:  an old car in Singapore can be "grandfathered" and exempted of the COE  because of its age?

4 hours ago, doncoin said:

I saw ONG BENG SENG drive himself in Orchard road - is he considered poor ?? btw do u know who he is ?? 

My Faghag , single at age 45 drawing average $24k a month as a banker(some month higher).  She does not have driving license, taking MRT to work in Raffles place - poor ?  

6 hours ago, Guest Ong said:

I saw ONG BENG SENG drive himself in Orchard road - is he considered poor ?? btw do u know who he is ?? 

My Faghag , single at age 45 drawing average $24k a month as a banker(some month higher).  She does not have driving license, taking MRT to work in Raffles place - poor ?  

No wonder mrt so crowded by ppl like your faghag.

Do you see politician or ceo take mrt

Tell ur faghag to go buy a car and drive herself to work or grab la. 

Obercrowd the mrt for peasants for what... 

This is not right man. 

Your faghag need to be banned from public transport .she need to contribute to nation building not hide her money. Then she don't deserve her pay. 

Period. 

15 hours ago, Guest Haha said:

No wonder mrt so crowded by ppl like your faghag.

Do you see politician or ceo take mrt

Tell ur faghag to go buy a car and drive herself to work or grab la. 

Obercrowd the mrt for peasants for what... 

This is not right man. 

Your faghag need to be banned from public transport .she need to contribute to nation building not hide her money. Then she don't deserve her pay. 

Period. 

Thanks.  I was hoping someone like you will come barking, if not this thread will face the same fate soon - die off 

Should not have this kind of assumption.. I am force to drive in malaysia.. public transport take me 3hr to reach office form home and driving it is only 45min to 1hour 30min.

Public transport fee is also not cheap and most importantly I don't want to spend 6hours a day commuting.. I can use the time to gym and sleep more..

By you claiming that those that is rich they drive and u only take public transport that is not correct also.. some are force to drive to work as they do sales and they drive around to meet customer.. not all is rich and Singapore where public transport is so convenient why one purposely want to drive to get stuck in traffic. Does not make sense also ma...

My god father does not drive for his whole life but he at times have to take grab or so in the essence of time does this make him rich too?

When one don't think In this way and belittle yourself with other group I think u will end up living more happily in ur life.

Compared to us, one plate of chicken rice is easily 8-15bucks and we are earnings ringgit and sg there is still 2.30sgd mixed rice despite long queue.. you should be more grateful of your life.. seriously IMHO and be grateful of what you have today...at least you still have a shelter to stay and u still got money to spend

On 1/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

But yet, you still replied - stupid.  

And you are so proud of your comments you don't let the entire world know your full identity - wimpy. 

FYI : There is something known as the Members' Lounge for wimps like you to seek camaraderie if guests' posts are not what you want to see. 

And yet you only used it yesterday? That just goes to show anyone can be an "IT Exec" since over 30 years ago. Sad.

Blah blah blah blah blah FOS

• 6 months later...

1) Park illegally on expressway road shoulder just to wait for ERP to end in 5mins.

2) Tailgate the car in front to exit carpark gantry to avoid parking fee. 

3) Found and park into a parking lot in public but play luck not to buy a parking.

4) Park illegally at road side. Die die don't want to park at paying carpark and then willing to waste the time rushing out from the restaurant to car when people shouted "summon lai liao !" In the end, lan lan also must drive into carpark. 

5) Can waste the time driving into JB to top up petrol just to save that little money. What worst was shaking the car vigorously to get more petrol. Seriously no logic. 

Like some were saying, "got money buy car but no money pay the above".

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.