Male HQ

At 80, MUST a gay be OLD?

A few days ago I reached my life objective of eight decades in good physical and mental health.  This is more than my fair share, and everything else should be premium. 

I had a big celebration, and I received a t-shirt that said:  "It's weird being the same age as old people".  :lol:  This is so true!

I define my status  as  " not young ".  I'm fine with this.  But our language ties together two different meanings:  one is "existing for many years"  and the other is " worn out, handicapped, worthless, ready to be discarded "

The car I drive the most these days I bought 29 years ago.  After 5 years, this car showed signs of aging, like poor acceleration, hesitation, stalling.  The reason was a clogged fuel filter, and after I changed it,  the car was again like new.  Today it is still fully functional, and its status I define as " not new ".  

Dear fellow gays,  the answer to the question of this topic is very simple.  SO, SO SIMPLE...

If you are in your 30s, 40s, 50s, even 60s,  and you get some feelings of not being young anymore, some feelings of aging...  start by doing some introspection.  What am I doing?  What am I NOT doing,  that makes me feel like this?   Then get informed, scour the Internet, YouTube, and find the answers to these questions.  Then  "clean your fuel filter", that is, do what is necessary to restore the human machine back to full functionality,  to feel young again or at least to remain healthy, strong and handsome.   As gays,  we have a big advantage of having much freedom to care for ourselves,  much more than straights who are married with big families.  What better thing to do than to keep us in top shape?  

More and more, I find persons my age who are not old.  We have learned, and we regularly do whatever is needed to maintain our status of " just not young ".  :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Relic
11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

A few days ago I reached my life objective of eight decades in good physical and mental health.  This is more than my fair share, and everything else should be premium. 

I had a big celebration, and I received a t-shirt that said:  "It's weird being the same age as old people".  :lol:  This is so true!

I define my status  as  " not young ".  I'm fine with this.  But our language ties together two different meanings:  one is "existing for many years"  and the other is " worn out, handicapped, worthless, ready to be discarded "

The car I drive the most these days I bought 29 years ago.  After 5 years, this car showed signs of aging, like poor acceleration, hesitation, stalling.  The reason was a clogged fuel filter, and after I changed it,  the car was again like new.  Today it is still fully functional, and its status I define as " not new ".  

Dear fellow gays,  the answer to the question of this topic is very simple.  SO, SO SIMPLE...

If you are in your 30s, 40s, 50s, even 60s,  and you get some feelings of not being young anymore, some feelings of aging...  start by doing some introspection.  What am I doing?  What am I NOT doing,  that makes me feel like this?   Then get informed, scour the Internet, YouTube, and find the answers to these questions.  Then  "clean your fuel filter", that is, do what is necessary to restore the human machine back to full functionality,  to feel young again or at least to remain healthy, strong and handsome.   As gays,  we have a big advantage of having much freedom to care for ourselves,  much more than straights who are married with big families.  What better thing to do than to keep us in top shape?  

More and more, I find persons my age who are not old.  We have learned, and we regularly do whatever is needed to maintain our status of " just not young ".  :thumb:

You are 80 year old? 

No wonder so stubborn. 

Guest When is the end
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

So typical when you lose an argument to declare the other party "stubborn",  ha ha.

Unlike you, I have no desire to feel young. In fact I'm already exhausted and tired of this life. With no end in sight. 

Life is not all that great. Those who left young are blessed. 

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

So well said. Thanks for sharing to inspire 

Guest Vintage Item
19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

A few days ago I reached my life objective of eight decades in good physical and mental health. 

Do you believe you are the oldest in this forum? If so, what is your future plan. 

3 hours ago, Guest Vintage Item said:

Do you believe you are the oldest in this forum? If so, what is your future plan. 

I don't have to be the oldest in this forum.    My plans for the future are simple:  having reached my life objective, the future does not matter much. 

I am waiting for my sister to come and live with me.  Then we will take care of each other.  I will continue my practices of Aikido, and get a black belt.  I will continue my exercising at home and at the gym.  I will continue learning about nutrition and eat as best as possible.  My sister is an expert in this.   We will make a long visit to our native country Argentina.  And...  I will live day-by-day, taking each one as a gift.

9 hours ago, Guest When is the end said:

Unlike you, I have no desire to feel young. In fact I'm already exhausted and tired of this life. With no end in sight. 

Life is not all that great. Those who left young are blessed. 

I have also lived what you are living today, and I understand it.  

One sad reality is that happiness does not come to us automatically.   Yes, we may experience fleeting feelings of happiness, which then vanish.  But there is a solution, which is to CULTIVATE the feeling of happiness.   Next time this feeling will surely come,  make a mental awareness of what this feeling is,  regardless of the circumstances that brought it.   Then, at some other time,  try to replicate it.   With practice you will be able to bring in the feeling of happiness at will, like during a meditation.  It does not need any material justification.  None at all.

Sprinkling the exhausting life of no end in sight with occasional feelings of happiness may awaken a purpose:  to feel this happiness.  This may have little effect, but sufficient to allow more purposes to come in and progressively bootstrap life into what it should be:  a consistent rich EXPERIENCE of life, for a long time until you also have reached your fair share of it.

1 hour ago, Guest Time Cruiser said:

Still feel young. 29 nearly 30. Right now still feel energy and more mature compared with many years ago

You must be doing something good staying young for 30 years.  And now, more than ever, research and study what it takes to keep it like this for at least another 30 years.  Learn the best maintenance and occasional repairs of you human machine.   My "not new" car is made of solid metals and other materials,  it should take centuries before it rusts away.  So,  why cannot I use it for another 20 years if I keep it running well with maintenance and occasional repairs?

It sounds great,  You might want to think about watching more clean and soul-satisfying documentaries rather than listening to any western news at all.  Your presidents are all bad.  Hope you are not mentally involved with them and try to stay out of America politics.  

Guest Time Cruiser
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You must be doing something good staying young for 30 years.  And now, more than ever, research and study what it takes to keep it like this for at least another 30 years.  Learn the best maintenance and occasional repairs of you human machine.   My "not new" car is made of solid metals and other materials,  it should take centuries before it rusts away.  So,  why cannot I use it for another 20 years if I keep it running well with maintenance and occasional repairs?

Totally agree with you. By the way I'm Malaysian and already live until now since was born. What I can mention is I doesn't have any trouble in my life and would keep live it up without any negative matter in the future. I heard some of them say that hose who have no worries always live a long life

12 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

It sounds great,  You might want to think about watching more clean and soul-satisfying documentaries rather than listening to any western news at all.  Your presidents are all bad.  Hope you are not mentally involved with them and try to stay out of America politics.  

Western and Eastern news are not all about politics.   Most of news are just this:  news.   My presidents are all bad?   All people have some bad,  including we two.    I hate to disappoint you, but I am mentally involved with my presidents and politicians.  This is necessary since I need to know for whom to vote next time.

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I hate to disappoint you, but I am mentally involved with my presidents and politicians.  This is necessary since I need to know for whom to vote next time.

If your votes didn't produce the outcome you desired, you will be even more disappointed. You will then experience stress, which is detrimental for older people's health. You will also get emotionally and mentally affected became termperamental and negative.   Cut off from any news, especially those involving politics, fake news, biased experts, hate speech, etc., If you want to mature gracefully in later life you stop all your news subscriptions immediately and spend more time in nature, declutter your place and involved in therapeutic art.

Edited by Sweetie Pie

1 hour ago, Sweetie Pie said:

If your votes didn't produce the outcome you desired, you will be even more disappointed. You will then experience stress, which is detrimental for older people's health. You will also get emotionally and mentally affected became termperamental and negative.   Cut off from any news, especially those involving politics, fake news, biased experts, hate speech, etc., If you want to mature gracefully in later life you stop all your news subscriptions immediately and spend more time in nature, declutter your place and involved in therapeutic art.

You are so sweet!   I hate to disappoint you again. Usually my vote does not produce my desired outcome.  Because the state where I live, Texas, is a Republican "red" state,  and dumb Texans vote for abominations like this senator Ted Cruise and our crippled governor Greg Abbot.   How does this affect me?  :lol:

You propose to RUN AWAY from everything that could induce stress.  Like the ostrich runs away from danger by sticking his head in the sand.  What I propose is to accept the situations that can be stressful and train our mind to not respond to these situations with stress.   This is what I do here at BW, for example, not letting attacking posts from some members and guests disturb my peace of mind.  I have given the same advice to my pal @singalion, to not get upset over shitty insults and abject falsities, instead taking these with humor.   In this way, "our skin grows so thick" that not even the detonation of a shaped charge can penetrate it.  :)

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.