Male HQ

New Delta swimming pool

Looks like funfair and curiosity had died down, seeing lesser people these days. Hopefully can get some improvements. Shower area been filthy with dirt accumulated at all cubicle entrance. Thrash lying around too. Noticed recently they increased shower jets spraying power, now hitting cubicle entrances. 😅 Previously so low power had to stand close to wall in order to shower but now dry benches getting wet. 🤣🤪 Not complaining but think this better as floor not as dirty. Next they need to educate the weekly cleaners to scrub the pool walls, there are thick black oily stains where the water level rises. Remembered before they outsource the cleaning process, used to see lifeguards occasional going in to scrub. These days notice the dried leaves at the bottom of pool turn from light brown to dark brown/black. Think the cleaning team non pool users and not seeing where the real dirt are. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pool is relatively quiet these days except during holiday. Deepavali saw a whole big gang of ft celebrating by the side of competition pool. But since most time they don’t swim it still ok for lappies. Just occasional screams and loud laughters to beat the otherwise quiet environment. So far I have no problem getting good space to swim. Sometimes the lap lanes may have 3-4 folks at the same time so just swim outside demarcated zone. 

Was there earlier in the week, under the blazing hot sun. After jumping into the pool and about to start the lap, the siren went off. Tot was a malfunction but heard the announcer thereafter. Sounded like lightning detected and the open pools are closed. Was a very bright and hot day, the sheltered pool was not empty to begin with. Waited 15mins by the bench, probably the only clown there and notice a lone lifeguard directly opp me in the far end of the pool. Tot to myself, maybe he thinks I will do something silly and keeping a watchful eye on me. All the other had gone off and sort of pity he can’t get his rest and had to station there maybe due to me. So headed for the sheltered pool. Yes, confirmed that the sheltered pool is open after siren goes off. But don’t be too happy just yet. 😝 it’s only good for family’s and kids. Lots of them, in all directions and they dun care if you are swimming. So after a few attempts to do laps among the chaos, gave up and left after it started to rain. For sure now, had to wait even longer before they reopen the open air pool. Overheard some guys in the shower lamenting that they should have informed them about the closure of open air pool before they entered. Due to sheltered pool staying opened they were allowed in but seriously over crowding to even think of swimming there. 

On other news, crabby showers returned. On earlier part of the week, the side nearer the corridors suddenly had all their shower heads reduced to about 1foot pressures. So practically had to stand beside the wall to get that low pressure shower. Was ok on the other rows. But mid week, even that rows of showers had the pressure reduced. Not really sure why this is happening but end week, some shower head had better pressure so had to try your luck or check shower head pressure before using. Toilets cleanliness remains an on/off issues. Did notice an elderly bald Chinese man cleaning the urinals once but he wasn’t in uniform so not sure if he is temp or just waiting to get his uniform. Didn’t see him around after that day, nor the returning male boy. Calling him boy but he is young adult. 🤭 There are days when can see that the shower areas haven’t been clean for a while as the dirt are all over. Imho seems something is not right about the design or levelling of the floor. On occasion the floor have puddles of waters all over. Maybe before the renovation they had rubber mats so dun have this issues but doubt rubber mats would clear this current issues. 

44 minutes ago, egal said:

the floor seems to be perpetually dirty

If you are talking about the floor on the changing room, I suspect it’s the type/colour of the tiles used. Likewise for the stone bench. When there’s water on it, it looks dirty. 
I find the internal compartment of the digital locker is dirty. I suspect someone put shoe w wet sole inside and did not clean it afterwards. 

Oops sorry  I do put my slippers or shoes in locker but always make sure to sandwich both soles together 😝 

I know tat doesn’t help …. 🤷‍♂️🤪

Floor is indeed dirty most time, not due to colour of tiles but literally see dirt on the tiles. Most likely due to levelling and water pressure. At time the pressure is weak and doesn’t allow good flow towards the drainage. Also drainage not deep and if I am not wrong is limited. Like there is a drainage in first cubicle near the entrance. Once that is stuck, which seems often, the other few cubicles get affected very quickly. Also don’t understand why there are water puddles around the floors despite the blower being used. 

and yes there is a new Chinese male cleaner. Today is the first time I notice that even though the pool is close there are trainings for lifeguards or something going on inside beside the cleaning. 

Is it school holidays already? Lots of kids lately. And they are allowed to form a circle, stand and play beach ball in the sheltered pool. 🙄 at least the lifeguard told them to move more to one side so that the 2-3 lap swimmers there still have some undisturbed space. 🤭 

Kids alert 🚨 😂 

They are everywhere, all pools but safe to still swim in lap zone.

The other good news, saw another Chinese male cleaner, so shower area definitely cleaner. Was wonder when I arrive how come the floor quite dry and when I leaving saw him vacuuming the floor. 👍 Also notice more lifeguards on duties and more active these days. Pondering if I want to risk not using locker from now on 🤔 

Still see Makcik walking out of the store room just after the entrance of male toilet. I seriously think they need to built a panel just after the room to block off modesty of unexpected male user in the shower area. Toilet is dirty yet again and don’t see male cleaners. Seriously suspect the poor guy is being deployed both to the gym and swimming pool. Users accountability is greatly to blame too. 😠 😤 So many leaving their empty toiletries bottle, wrappers all over the place when there is a huge bin right at the exit. Also totally cannot understand all the self-centred folks who hang their wet trunks on the dry benches. Even seem them squeezed their trunks above the benches just before putting in their bags. 😡 

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the Malay cleaner lady is constantly seen coming out of the small room just inside the entrance of the male toilet? And recently while I stepped out of the shower cubicle on the opposite side of the corridor, saw her going through the bin that is place after the small room. From her position it is obviously she can have a clear view of the row of cubicles opp the corridor as well as the row of dry benches. No cleaning sign outside to say she is cleaning but she is happily going in and out. And isn’t there a notice that say girls over 6 yo not allow? So aunty is below 6yo? 🤔 really dun want to make myself be seen as a complaint king as I do chat with the staffs. Seriously thinking about time I make some comments about this issues. 

Thinking out loud.

Days ago saw while lapping, 2 staffs returning, stop by edge of pool and was like trying to prevent something from dropping off the edge of pool with their shoes. Looks like they failed cause they looked into the waters thereafter.

Yday while lapping I noticed something dead at the bottom of the pool, same spot where I saw above actions. While lapping ponder if I should remove it after my swim. Then after changing, stood outside the toilet pondered for a few minutes if I should inform the lifeguards. 

Today if I go, I will inform the lifeguard, if it’s still at the bottom of the pool. A 5cm long black dead centipede.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Laat nights (Thursday) saw a hot gym fit baby cub flashing a big thick semi 🍆 as he changed into his trunks. Was already about 8.30pm guess he was in a hurry to get some laps done before closing. Nice. 😍 very nice 👌 

Edited by Yeryk
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't really like the new layout, totally waste of space, too few lockers and toilet/shower room not as much cubicle like last time where can cruise around like nobody business, but one point good is toilet urinal no partition.and also behind from the shower section. Overall, one time visit and no more coming.... Too big space wasted. Just edit with add on comments: just visited 2024 April 9, 2043hrs..... One words to describe:

SUPER SIAN~~~~ rather go back SAFRA club swim better.

Edited by lingerielover
8 hours ago, lingerielover said:

Don't really like the new layout, totally waste of space, too few lockers and toilet/shower room not as much cubicle like last time where can cruise around like nobody business, but one point good is toilet urinal no partition.and also behind from the shower section. Overall, one time visit and no more coming.... Too big space wasted. Just edit with add on comments: just visited 2024 April 9, 2043hrs..... One words to describe:

SUPER SIAN~~~~ rather go back SAFRA club swim better.

Wah. Which safra club