Male HQ

Issues faced by mature gay men in Singapore

How many of the following issues can you relate to? 

1. Loneliness / Can't find a partner

2. Dying alone

3. Worried about contracting STD/HIV

4. Being cheated of money

5. Low self esteem

6. Exposed as gay to family / colleagues / friends.

7, Low libido / Andropause 

8. Deteriorating health / health issues

9. Financial 

10.. (add your own)

4 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

2. Dying alone

5. Low self esteem

9. Financial 

10.. (add your own)

If gay men in Singapore become "mature",  they should have the capacity to address most of these issues.

1.  It only takes a change of head-software to enjoy solitude by replacing loneliness with self-content.

2. No issue here.  Don't we all will die alone?... except mass murderers that want to take many lives to end with them.

3. This issue is not exclusive with mature gays,  and there are many precautions that can be taken.

4. Can be solved by being assertive, conveying an image of never have any money to lend.  Also cultivating the "NO"!

5. Again, progressively run new programs in the head that change perceptions,  regardless of circumstances.

6. Change posture to keep head up (with chin down) and reject any put-downs. 

7. Low libido should help reducing opportunities to contract STD/HIV

8. Look up YouTube and learn about eliminating junk food, sugars, improve metabolism, insulin sensitivity, etc.

9. Cultivate frugality as a style of life and...   enjoy it!

10. Get informed and lose any fear of getting older.

Guest Guest

Item 8 is the worst when you are struck with a degenerative disease such as stroke or dementia. You will need presence of a close family member to be around you. But gays especially being closet gays may likely live alone and not have any reliable support.. Any internal mindset change will not address this. As long as you are healthy, all the other issues in the list can be overcomed.

Guest Bobby
13 hours ago, Guest Fire hydrant said:

Seems like gays having a difficult time growing old in Singapore... Any support and help to this community? 

Aspect of humanities in Singapore are weak and lacking, hence the social support for old folks are also weak and lacking.

Heavy emphasis on economics has resulted elderly in Spore destined to suffer.

Look at the emptiness in the eyes of many elderly in Spore.

2 minutes ago, Guest Bobby said:

Aspect of humanities in Singapore are weak and lacking, hence the social support for old folks are also weak and lacking.

Heavy emphasis on economics has resulted elderly in Spore destined to suffer.

Look at the emptiness in the eyes of many elderly in Spore.

I agree with you.  I remember my heart breaking seeing so many seniors collapsed on benches at Chinatown.   Singapore lacks social services for the needy,  in a cold position that resembles the anti-woke attitude of America's Republicans, the GOP party.  It is all its ambition for the mighty dollar, elevated by a government who strives to remain in power forever, refusing to acknowledge basic human rights like same-sex marriages.  

But then,  gay men in Singapore should not wait to be "mature" to avoid becoming destitute with age.  There should also be mature, old gays who have everything they need.  And if this were impossible in Singapore,...  what keeps these men anchored forever in this small island?

On 5/9/2023 at 5:40 PM, GachiMuchi said:

2. Dying alone

5. Low self esteem

9. Financial 

10.. (add your own)

1. I have a group of friends all in their 40s and 50s, mixture of straight and gay and we work out a lot, have a strong network because am gregarious by nature.

2. I enjoy being alone, never scared to die alone.

3. I stop all sex activities since my last relationship and tired of the rat race of sleeping around.

4. won’t happen, too critical and shrewd.

5. Too high self esteem, career driven at 50 and have a good job and work for passion. Director level. 

6. Out since 21

7. I look young for 50, no issue

8. none, I do the hardest work out and can out perform anyone half my age!

9. None, house fully paid down.

6 minutes ago, fitcubsg said:

1. I have a group of friends all in their 40s and 50s, mixture of straight and gay and we work out a lot, have a strong network because am gregarious by nature.

2. I enjoy being alone, never scared to die alone.

3. I stop all sex activities since my last relationship and tired of the rat race of sleeping around.

4. won’t happen, too critical and shrewd.

5. Too high self esteem, career driven at 50 and have a good job and work for passion. Director level. 

6. Out since 21

7. I look young for 50, no issue

8. none, I do the hardest work out and can out perform anyone half my age!

9. None, house fully paid down.

Didn't know sleeping around is a rat race. Lol. Always thought its the only way to experience more cocks. 

On 5/9/2023 at 5:40 PM, GachiMuchi said:

2. Dying alone

5. Low self esteem

9. Financial 

10.. (add your own)

None of the above.

1. I have a bf - prepared for this situation in my 30s. True, some relationships may not last and my relationship was in danger a few years after I started - so much so I got a second bf as backup. But I salvaged the first and now I have 2 bfs

2. NA due to 1

3. NA due to 1

4. Kena scammed before but it was money I could afford to lose. Made me wiser and you win some, you lose some. I shrugged it off since I could easily make back the money I lost

5. Not a problem for me

6. Not out - not because I am afraid but because I see a lot of pain and no benefit and I don't do "unprofitable" business

7. Not a problem for me. In fact, my libido is too high for my bf 20 years younger

8. I had a heart attack 2 years back but I sprang back and now I am stronger than I was before the attack

9. Not a problem for me .. I have enough to ensure my bfs are well taken care off after I pass on

I guess the real problem with mature guys is that they lose their attractiveness with age but hey, with money, you can be young again; without money, your life is down the drain.

My biggest sorrow is the loss of my mum. Gays, especially since they are usually single, tend to be particularly close to their mother. Time has not healed the pain and her passing has made me realize that the only eternity is in the life after 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.