Male HQ

prevent presbyobia when aged? Knees weird cracking sound

gucici

Do you start to feel it as you age? How to prevent or improve it? Also, knees starts to hear sound when i bend. Is it normal? 

If you are healthy you could attempt to do eye exercises following many videos about this in YouTube.

A popping sound in knees here and there is not bad.  But a consistent cracking sound is not good and you should do knee exercises, like lunges, squats and others.

i am long sighted. perfect eyesight until 37years old. longsighted adds to early onset of presbyopia. diabetes does contribute to longsighted, which affects adds to presbyopia.

i was diagnosed with diabetes when i was 37 too. Immediately i was put on a low carb diet by my doctor. following my diet, my vision spiral down rapidly. soon i find myself needing to wear reading glasses. since then reading glasses never left me. however, my vision does improve if i risen my blood glucose level by having small snacks.

for the knee, i know of people in their 20s who need surgery. much earlier than others due to different stress, posture, genetics and pressure on those joints. supplement does helps but then it could also trigger other issues too. so i guess everything in moderation is the key.

Nobody can stop aging, but I think you can slow down by eating just enough and exercise regularly,

Like slow jog and doing accumulative exercises like 5 push-up a day and so on...

Of course you need to let your body rest in-between isn't it? 

Maintenance is key!😊

I heard jogging is good but may also damage our knees. I have stopped jogging but could not think of alternate exercises to sweat myself out. Does walking long distances equivalent to jogging? 

Try and kneel in your bed before bed time for a minute everyday like "sumbayang" 

I heard jogging is good but may also damage our knees. I have stopped jogging but could not think of alternate exercises to sweat myself out. Does walking long distances equivalent to jogging? 

Yes,  jogging is one of the most damaging exercise for your knee cap,  climbing is another one. Brisk walking, cycling or swimming would be a better alternative. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

swimming is a low impact exercise. other exercise will include cycling.

Any advice on progressive lenses - still undecided to make two different pairs (computer work person). Is vertigo a symptom of lens issue on/off type?

haha, i just made my first pair of progressive. now hoya got promotion. made at 400+sgd.  progressive is good for everyday wear but not for work. especially when you work with computer. for work, a pair of trusty reading glasses is good.

Welcome to the world of young senior world. Presbyopia will kick in and the deterioration can be rather abrupt. You will need to remove your glasses to read from near or you will need 2 pairs of glasses; one for looking far, one for reading. It can be irritating having to switch between glasses or taking off and putting on glasses. 
Nothing can be done about it. It’s just part of ageing. Why fight against someone thing that you have no control over it? Just age gracefully and calmly. 

Guest Me Think

Knees are meant to be stretched, bend and moved regularly.  Light jogging helps plus some jumping and hopping will do the trick as well.   If you don't move your joint regularly, it will become stiff and result in painful gout formation. 

haha, i just made my first pair of progressive. now hoya got promotion. made at 400+sgd.  progressive is good for everyday wear but not for work. especially when you work with computer. for work, a pair of trusty reading glasses is good.

was also quoted 400+ but can't decide if it's worth it. Make two pairs, one for work, one for outside work also mafan. Still can't wrap my head around it and unsure of the result.

was also quoted 400+ but can't decide if it's worth it. Make two pairs, one for work, one for outside work also mafan. Still can't wrap my head around it and unsure of the result.

depending on what is your job. progressive isnt good with computers. i think rodenstock has a biometric progressive which is good. i gotten the hoya becos they are giving free color changing coating as a promotion.

for me, my job require me to see far and near in frequent manner therefore i made a pair. i have a pair of longsighted one in my car and another reading glass on my office table. the rest of the day i would use those cheap reading glasses. as i am quite clumsy with glasses.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.