Male HQ

a prolong moment when you have absolutely no sexual desires

gucici

during busy work periods, i don't have time to think about anything else other than focusing on how to complete the work on time. so during periods, there is barely enough time for self care.

back when i had a bout of depression, i also ignored myself.

Your profession? 

it's the boss plus the fact that the young toyboys she hires don't pull their weight at work (i am sure they can pull multiple times their weight in the gym) so the rest of us have to work harder/faster.

Anyway. You dun owe the company. Sometimes it is good to change company. Might get a raise too. 

i've been retrenched twice and with my low skill set, it is too risky to change company (rather the devil you know then the devil you don't) and for my role you don't get a raise every time you switch (unlike finance or IT roles).

just thinking about this is making me feel meh. hopefully this won't make me neglect myself again

Edited by radiusulnar

I think it is normal to go through periods of time when you have low or no sexual desire. It is a combination of factors typically, such as stress, workload, personal issues etc. I would say I am a pretty sexually active guy on average, but this month, work has been keeping me so busy that I have zero interest in sex. Even when i am at home, I catch up on emails, read and review documents, and sometimes, even on calls with my senior partner on things we might have missed during the day. 

I think during times like these, my mind is just too focused on work-related stuff. I still go to the gym in the morning as it helps me start my day, but there is just no interest in going into the steam room or flirting with other guys in the locker room. Thankfully, the busy period is coming to a close, but it has definitely impacted my sex life.  

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

How "prolong" is prolong? If very long, you may want to consider seeing a doctor and get a comprehensive blood test done and look into esp. your testosterone level. If you have unusual low testosterone level for your age, you may need to address it asap. Testosterone don't just regulate our libido, it also affects other vital functions of our body and well-being.

Take care 🙏

How "prolong" is prolong? If very long, you may want to consider seeing a doctor and get a comprehensive blood test done and look into esp. your testosterone level. If you have unusual low testosterone level for your age, you may need to address it asap. Testosterone don't just regulate our libido, it also affects other vital functions of our body and well-being.

Take care 🙏

2 months. Now normal. 😂

Yes, it is normal to go through periods of time when your sexual desire is low or zero, especially after 40yo.

But if i m into the mood, I can do it almost everyday. 

i've been retrenched twice and with my low skill set, it is too risky to change company (rather the devil you know then the devil you don't) and for my role you don't get a raise every time you switch (unlike finance or IT roles).

just thinking about this is making me feel meh. hopefully this won't make me neglect myself again

maybe your boss knows that you have no other place to go and cannot resign, that's why she treats you no good by giving you lots of work to do. Esp if it is a woman boss. Not i biased against woman but most woman boss is usually demanding, calculative and stingy in giving promotion to her staff.

Especially when you're in a toxic work environment, the more you should keep looking for a different company. Go interviews, put your resume online, apply for roles. It's really a no buy no chance to win situation. It might not happen now, but eventually it will happen and you'll be better off. The worst is you end up with the same shit, shit taste the same everywhere also.

Keyboard is right. You only have maybe 20 yrs to work, so why not, look for a new place to work happily. 

20 years sounds too little in these times. If you can save $500/mth, it's only $120k, not enough to retire.

I do hear that admin in some big companies are less toxic (toxic but less) and can slowly climb over the number of years to something decent like 4k.

Your low skill set?  Are you mentally handicapped?  We are all born with a low skill set!  Are you 80 years old?  It is now estimated that our brain keeps growing, new neurons develop,  and the capacity to learn lasts a lifetime.  Even if you are 80 you can learn new skills.  I can give testimonial of this.

You like to challenge the logical part of your brain?  You are attracted to some technology? Computers, IT, AI?  If so, you can increase your skill set at your leisure by taking courses by mail, over the Internet,  courses offered on YouTube,  and...

...  and free yourself of a need to spend your productive life shuffling papers in some administrative job,  even if you can raise to "manager" and become the slave of the owner.   Be the MANAGER of your life time, and with a little discipline and initiative and perseverance find a way to make money to support yourself while enjoying the process, and feeling proud of your skills.

If your sexual desires diminish,  GREAT!  More time left for other pleasures and productive time.

Yes, it is normal to go through periods of time when your sexual desire is low or zero, especially after 40yo.

It is even more normal after 80 y.o.  and it can be a welcomed relief!  Yes, sex is a source of pleasure.  But we all feel or have felt it as a NEED.  The fewer needs we have, the more free we are.  

If your testosterone is somewhat low,  the first step is to see if it can raise through dietary changes.  If it is very low, some tests can reveal if it is caused by illness and then a doctor can help.  But if it is not illness,  all a doctor will do is to suggest some type of "testosterone replacement therapy". 

It is not wise to get testosterone supplementation just to have the "normal" range and  strong libido.  We can live with low testosterone without problems.  If you do some good strength training you will not lose muscle mass,  and other possible negatives can be avoided with good diet plus supplementation.   It is known that very low testosterone increases longevity !!

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.