Male HQ

Bonding?

Lubeit

I used to organise BW gathering and Karaoke in the past back in 2012 but as I gets older, it gets harder to really organise activities. 

But if you want to volunteer organising activities for fellow forumers, you are more than welcome. 

Provided it does not involves illegal or sexual activities.

We welcome clean, not-for-profit activities like karaoke or gatherings, etc.

And if you invoke our forum's name for activities, we need to see your credentials and credibility before we allow the use of our forum's name.

1 hour ago, Lubeit said:

Do this community even bond? Like meet up with the members and hang out, talk. I think it would be nice to share thoughts with other people with the same secrets like us 😅

Back in the early years (2012 onwards), the Forum used to organize social gathering to coincide with the Forum anniversary.  The last one was held in 2015.

When we stopped doing it, the Forum created 'Clubs'.  You may want to 'Start a Club' and get things going from there.  Any gatherings from the created club shall not, and must not, bear the Forum's name.  The Forum shall not have any responsibilities from any gatherings.

Do note the above comments made by @G_M .

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

9 minutes ago, IkuTube said:

Back in the early years (2012 onwards), the Forum used to organize social gathering to coincide with the Forum anniversary.  The last one was held in 2015.

When we stopped doing it, the Forum created 'Clubs'.  You may want to 'Start a Club' and get things going from there.  Any gatherings from the created club shall not, and must not, bear the Forum's name.  The Forum shall not have any responsibilities from any gatherings.

oh, didn't know you guys created clubs to replace the anniversary gatherings, was still waiting for that to happen.. which didn't. lol

may i ask why you guys stop organizing? cos i thought it was great to attend such gatherings to know other members. lol

9 hours ago, IkuTube said:

Yes. The first n last I attended was in 2015 at a bar called Dorothy. Met many forum members there whom some I'm still keeping in touch. Was nice.

After that,no more. Nice to have annual meet ups too. 

41 minutes ago, NE-STR said:

I previously had a thread on this forum, for those looking beyond fun/ sex stuff… but yeah gain no traction and the thread just died shortly.

Thanks for sharing this, @NE-STR.

My suggestion:

01.  Post it in Members' Lounge. 

02.  The Mods will make an exception for it not to be in Personals, since it is strictly a clean social gathering. 

03.  Disclaimer:  Whatever happened within the gathering stays within the gathering/the members.

04.  In Members' Lounge, you will get serious members to reach out. 

05.  The members, who read the post and who are interested, will feel at ease knowing whom they are expecting to meet.

06.  State your intention.  While posting it, share about yourself and what you intend to achieve?

07.  Should there be interests, create a Telegram group to co-ordinate all the logistics.

All the best to you, @NE-STR.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

I read abt this local community bonding event (for millennials) - base it on broad interests. They organised for those in creative industry.

Possible bonding events for: digital enthusiasts/ over 40s/ caregivers/ cooking enthu/ traveller enthu..

On 10/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, Lubeit said:

Do this community even bond? Like meet up with the members and hang out, talk. I think it would be nice to share thoughts with other people with the same secrets like us 😅

If you want  know more friends, I would like to suggest Out In Sg Facebook Group

They organised very healthy events like jogging, baking, hiking, karaoke, card reading, meetups, movie screen, badminton, outdoor sketching, etc. 

They have leaders in a few fixed location that holds the sport activities. (more info when you join the group)

I had attended their karaoke session and they have people from all walks of life and some are really good singers.

They will usually take a group photo and if you are not comfortable to have your pictures taken, you can opt out.

Kudos to OISg for their effort. 

On 10/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, Lubeit said:

The simple answer - YES, it has happened.  BW is a colourful Forum - it has its own peculiarity.

Humans are fickle creatures.  Most times, we do not know what we want even though we think we know it.  Most times, our minds are inconstant.  Our wants are prone to casual change.

Such, it is important that we know what we are within us.  We need to know what makes us happy from the things we are doing and thinking.  There is a difference between filling up an empty space, for the sake of filling it up, with an intention to fill it up with meaning.  Humans, afterall, often crave for meaning in their lives unconsciously.

In a therapy session, I often ask participants to answer this question – ‘Name three of your favourite conversational topics’.  Through this one exercise, participants get the AHA-Feeling! - where they start to notice with whom they can share/relate.  A common group naturally happens.  It is always an amazing experience for me to witness.

Bear in mind .. it is often a tiring experience should any gathering is without a good common cause.  There could be laughter, good drinks, good food, moments of connectedness in that social environment, but when there is a slightest tinge of pretension, everything breaks.  Superficiality tires our mental, emotion, spiritual and physical easily.

All humans have feelings.  They have their unique subtle sixth sense.  When that feelings occur, the pretension and the superficiality, the search for ‘bonding’ takes another loop and it becomes an endless search cycle.

Should a bonding is to happen through BW, find the common cause.  Start sharing your favourite conversational topic.

From here, a cause is formed and it takes shape for something to happen.

Expect the unexpected as humans with the same cause can also be different with their views.  Accept that we are the same yet we are different because of our past.

However, with a good common cause from that said exercise (above), it minimizes the gap on the differences.  Acceptance usually gets easier.  When there is acceptance, meaning on life happens and so will be friendship.

After that, it is all about living with your favourite 'likes', in harmony wisely.  However, everything in life is about taking actions and being proactive.  Act wisely and the wisdom will guide us accordingly.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, IkuTube said:

Humans are fickle creatures.  Most times, we do not know what we want even though we think we know it.  Most times, our minds are inconstant.  Our wants are prone to casual change.

Such, it is important that we know what we are within us.  We need to know what makes us happy from the things we are doing and thinking.  There is a difference between filling up an empty space, for the sake of filling it up, with an intention to fill it up with meaning.  Humans, afterall, often crave for meaning in their lives unconsciously.

In a therapy session, I often ask participants to answer this question – ‘Name three of your favourite conversational topics’.  Through this one exercise, participants get the AHA-Feeling! - where they start to notice with whom they can share/relate.  A common group naturally happens.  It is always an amazing experience for me to witness.

Bear in mind .. it is often a tiring experience should any gathering is without a good common cause.  There could be laughter, good drinks, good food, moments of connectedness in that social environment, but when there is a slightest tinge of pretension, everything breaks.  Superficiality tires our mental, emotion, spiritual and physical easily.

All humans have feelings.  They have their unique subtle sixth sense.  When that feelings occur, the pretension and the superficiality, the search for ‘bonding’ takes another loop and it becomes an endless search cycle.

Should a bonding is to happen through BW, find the common cause.  Start sharing your favourite conversational topic.

From here, a cause is formed and it takes shape for something to happen.

Expect the unexpected as humans with the same cause can also be different with their views.  Accept that we are the same yet we are different because of our past.

However, with a good common cause from that said exercise (above), it minimizes the gap on the differences.  Acceptance usually gets easier.  When there is acceptance, meaning on life happens and so will be friendship.

After that, it is all about living with your favourite 'likes', in harmony wisely.  However, everything in life is about taking actions and being proactive.  Act wisely and the wisdom will guide us accordingly.

Absolutely, you've highlighted a profound aspect of human nature. Our desires and emotions can be complex and ever-changing. Finding genuine meaning and connections in our lives is crucial. It's interesting how the simple act of identifying favorite conversational topics can lead to natural bonds. The pursuit of a common cause can indeed bridge differences and foster acceptance, ultimately leading to meaningful friendships. Taking proactive actions with wisdom is the key to living harmoniously with our preferences and values.

That's a beautiful metaphor! It emphasizes how human interactions can be transformative. When people come together, their exchange can lead to personal growth and change in both individuals, much like a chemical reaction altering the substances involved.