Male HQ

Recommendation For A Good Tailor In Sg & Other Countries (Compiled)

i frequent this tailor at bukit timah shopping centre.

http://www.braziltailor.com.sg/

they don't charge me very high.

but one thing for sure.

they really know how to fit a man properly. and they can do classic and contemporary or modern looks.

ever since young, i've tailored with them.

sometimes its not the brand of the material they use. because seriously, human skin can't really tell the difference in brands. you can only differentiate the softness and coolness/lightness of the fabric. unless you have some skill in differentiating thread counts etc..

• 9 months later...

Just want to know anyone can suggest a good tailor for working trousers? please let me know the cost for a pair as well.

Tried to buy ready made type but they normally don't fit me. Some of them make you look like you have big balls after wearing them.

TIA.

Just want to know anyone can suggest a good tailor for working trousers? please let me know the cost for a pair as well.

Tried to buy ready made type but they normally don't fit me. Some of them make you look like you have big balls after wearing them.

TIA.

A bit off topic but marks and spencer has good pants... ranging from 30+ to 110+

Trousers can be tricky when it comes to tailoring. You can try Bibi & Baba. They're the suppliers for Raffles JC and Anglo-Chinese JC uniforms. And yes, many people drool when they see these students wearing their uniforms, possibly due to the snug cutting. They do tailoring too, if I recall correctly. :)

Else, you can always go for G2000. They have different designs, so do spend time to pick a nice cutting. I was lucky to find myself two pairs of trousers with beautiful cutting when I last bought my trousers at G2000. One of the trousers have horizontal side-pockets (not the usual vertical ones), and another pair was very roomy in the butt/thigh area and looks quite sexy (although they aren't tight). :)

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

i tailor mine at dicks beaumont at shaw center 2nd floor. this tailor is known to tailor suits for companies such as sia (for both the stewardess and air stewards) as well as saf. workmanship is very good. cost of ea pair of pants will depend on the material you choose. i chose a better material and it cost me abt s$150 to tailor each pair.

this tailor is known to tailor suits for companies such as sia (for both the stewardess and air stewards) as well as saf.

The SIA suits for both the stewardess and air stewards are so ugly and old style (like my grandparent generation). Suits for Malaysia Airlines are much worse :swear: because nobody fit in their own suits. :unsure:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

we need to distinguish the difference between tailoring and designing here. when a tailor shop tailors for companies, they have to follow strict design guidelines provided by the companies. the person posting the question here is asking for our views abt good tailors, so let's try to give that to him and try not to sidetrack and voice comments abt company suits' designs la la la...

then again, such views make very notes for sharing. perhaps someone can start another thread on this.

have a wonderful day everyone!

:-)

Latest issue of 'August' mens magazine has a feature on tailors. I thought the cubby guy from CYC featured looks quite cute and familiar.

I usually look for Akira when I go CYC. I can imagine that he'll probably appeal to some chasers, haha.

hi 6969, I believe there are many good tailor around, just whether their cutting suites you. Call me cheepoh...but I dun care...i usually go Bangkok once a year and tailor 5 pants at one short...cost me S$45 per pants...and you can get the pants in 3 days or lesser. However, you have to invest one or two visits to get the right material (I use thicker material as my bubbly butt is quite stubborn) and cutting. After that, just stick to that cutting. If you happen to frequent BKK, go to the tailor 'Bangkok Fashion', its beside Ambassador Hotel. I just can't part $120 for a tailor pants in SG.....

Tommy, no worry, you not the only one & for sure is not cheepo, alot of my friends do that too, they like to go BKK once or twice per year, massage, shooping & like what you did, is normal, they send to your hotel or send to your local address too, good service, decent price :thumb:

Edited by snowball

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Guest1

Wld like to find a good tailor for suits. Any recommendations for say budget of:

(A) Less than S$600

(B) More than S$600 (Heard CYC S$800, Rossi S$900+)

Gays shd hv good eyes for details and taste. So pls help :) Thks

Guest Kendall

If you are slim fit and your body is averagely proportionate (shoulders and length of body), and if you do not know much about tailoring, you can get one off the shelf from Boss. Minimum fitting can be done at a token fee.

If there are promotion, you may get one for less than $1k.

Guest Guest1

I meant good tailors...not just any tailor. I am not a tourist. Need to look good at work cos senior management...Also thinking just go buy from branded....but wanna save a penny. Thks.

Guest gaysingaporean

I have been wearing branded suits for many years and I can tell you that in these days and time, you do not need to spend big money to look good.

I just gave the same piece of advice to my 19 years old godson...

Try Uniqlo, G2000 and Zara... their stuffs are really not bad for those prices.

And if you are fortunate to fit perfectly into their suits... GREAT! Otherwise go to any alteration shop with your purchase and get it altered to fit!

And when the time comes for you to up-grade to big brands, then buy from Prada, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and many others. There's a good reason why they are expensive but buy when they are on SALE.

By the way, my godson looked so good in his S$350 suit from Uniqlo that one can mistaken it's from a big brand.

Guest Kendall

Well, Guest1, the originator of this topic must decide what he wants.

It depends on his age, his built, his style (just to name a few) and most importantly, how much he knows about tailoring.

G2000 and Uniqlo are for teenagers, if Guest1 is in his 20s-30s, I do not think these are good choices.

If he is a small built, Zara may be a problem as they predominantly cater to European sizes.

So I will be presumptious that Guest1 does not know much about design, style and fabric. Guest1 should know the differences of 2-button, 3-button or a double-breast; and what lining, lapels, buttons are.

If one goes to a tailor for business suits, he must know what he is talking about, and what he wants. Else, the tailor will just give you whatever which he thinks the customer wants. And worse, he will give you the fabric that nobody wants.

My choice of Hugo Boss is that it has slimfit suit design, and if one is not too disportionately out of shape, the design should be able to be carry off nicely.

Guest Guest1

Thks for all the advice. I am making separate sets of suits for 2 purposes:

- Cheaper set for biz travelling. Think I will go to this guy called Jason from ZN3X or something like that at Central SOHO.

- Better set for official biz functions. Either Clothesmith, CYC or Rossi. But will take advice to chk out Boss during sale.

I m 40yo, but look just over 30yo, so sometimes go for Zara quickie for frequent travel wear and tear :)

• 3 months later...

hey hey,

All you good people out there. Can someone recommend me a good tailor for my work shirts (french cuff etc etc) and pants. I'm quite picky, so I want quality workmanship. Willing to pay like 90-ish.

And also I trust you guys have good taste too in the choice of fabric. Must be trendy yet not flashy, but not uncle.

Thanks so much. Looking forward.

Guest imseeker

Off my list:

A Mandarin-speaking tailor on the second floor of Pearl Centre (so-so fabrics)

Frank Tailor of Peninsula Plaza (so-so workmanship, overrated)

York Tailor (rude lady staff)

• 2 weeks later...

I have previously tried several tailors in spore. They are only not cheap, but workmanship is not good. Now, once a year, i will go bangkok to do my shirts and pants. The tailor shop is called Pinky. Many Singaporeanss will go there to make. For $90, we can only get an average shirt in spore. But there, for $90, you can choose the top range and the workmanship is very good.

I have previously tried several tailors in spore. They are only not cheap, but workmanship is not good. Now, once a year, i will go bangkok to do my shirts and pants. The tailor shop is called Pinky. Many Singaporeanss will go there to make. For $90, we can only get an average shirt in spore. But there, for $90, you can choose the top range and the workmanship is very good.

Hey dude, do u have the address where u tailor the shirt n pants there? mind tell me? Tks a lot..

Hey dude, do u have the address where u tailor the shirt n pants there? mind tell me? Tks a lot..

http://www.pinkytailor.com/index.html look for the boss (you can see his pic in the website). After he has given you the price, remember to ask for discount.

PS: There are many other tailors in bangkok which i have tried (some cost only $10 per shirt), but the workmanship is not good.

Guest Guest

There are also some very good tailors opposite Harborfront/Vivocity, at the bus interchange and the hawker centre. They've been around since the 1960s but the quality of the pants they make is still very nice and is also reasonably priced.

There are also some very good tailors opposite Harborfront/Vivocity, at the bus interchange and the hawker centre. They've been around since the 1960s but the quality of the pants they make is still very nice and is also reasonably priced.

I used to go there n tailor my pants n its cheap.. the standard is quite average n if u guys dun ask for more, the place its really worth going there to try.

Guest Centrino

Off my list:

A Mandarin-speaking tailor on the second floor of Pearl Centre (so-so fabrics)

Frank Tailor of Peninsula Plaza (so-so workmanship, overrated)

York Tailor (rude lady staff)

Why is it so difficult to find good workmanship at affordable prices in Singapore? Sigh...

I've been to a number of tailors, including Frank... when the pants were ready for collection, the cutting was totally different from what I told him I wanted. I had to tell him on the spot where to tighten, shorten etc and waited another week before I dould collect something that was what I originally wanted.

By the way, is CYC over-rated as well?

Edited by Centrino

Guest imseeker

Why is it so difficult to find good workmanship at affordable prices in Singapore? Sigh...

I've been to a number of tailors, including Frank... when the pants were ready for collection, the cutting was totally different from what I told him I wanted. I had to tell him on the spot where to tighten, shorten etc and waited another week before I dould collect something that was what I originally wanted.

Haven't tried CYC yet but with their branding and sky-high prices, people are entitled to expect nothing but flawlessness and perfection.

Regarding Frank, I faced EXACTLY the same problem - loose pants. Felt somewhat cheated by the numerous good reviews online. But to be fair to him, the problems were rectified satisfactorily.

Guest Centrino

You may want to try Oxford Tailor at OUB Centre at Raffles Place. 04-12, tel: 65337131, S$120 per shirt. didnt ask about pants or suits..

cutting and design are trendy.. i am very happy with the shirts i made there...

Pants...depending on material again. Ranges from $90 to $100++.... Yes cutting is trendy, but somehow, I've never been fully satisfied once it's completed. Always needed a little extra alteration. Service is good though...

Gotta try the shirts next time.

Bangkok has some good tailors. I recently had a dozen office shirts made at Ever Rich tailor on Sukhumvit Road near to Nana Station. Pricing starts from 800baht depending on choice of fabric and styling. Am happy with all of them. But try avoiding the express service. The tailor at Ever Rich prefers that you give him at least one day to do a fitting and a few more days to complete the job.

The tailor (forgot name) at Holiday Inn Silom is also good. Had a suit made there and it is one of my fave (for now).

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Bangkok has some good tailors. I recently had a dozen office shirts made at Ever Rich tailor on Sukhumvit Road near to Nana Station. Pricing starts from 800baht depending on choice of fabric and styling. Am happy with all of them. But try avoiding the express service. The tailor at Ever Rich prefers that you give him at least one day to do a fitting and a few more days to complete the job.

The tailor (forgot name) at Holiday Inn Silom is also good. Had a suit made there and it is one of my fave (for now).

Hey dude,

Do u have the address for the Ever Rich tailor? How much is the suit u tailor at the Holiday Inn silom? do u have the address also?

Thanks a lot..

I went to many tailors today. Joe's tailor, CYC, Oxford, Clothsmith. And also TM Lewin (retail, not tailor).

Can't come to a conclusion.

I find Oxford's and CYC's fabric a bit dated.

Clothsmith's fabric a bit low quality for the price.

Joe's tailor uses the best fabric, supposedly Thomas mason fabric - not sure if it's the best or what.

Can someone advise?

Hey dude,

how much is one shirt at the pinky tailor?

It ranges based on the material you choose. Last year when I was there, the shirt I tailored range between $40 to $80. If after 2 years or so you wan to alter, they can also alter for you FOC.

Yes, CYC is overated too. I went to the branch at Republic Plaza. I had to go back 3 times for alterations as they just cant get rid of the extra bulging material at the back of the shirt, so weird.

Edited by robin

actually, there are a couple of decent tailors within Peninsular Plaza.

They are not the best, but for a reasonable price i feel that the quality and fit is rather value for money.

I have had good experience with Frank, and other tailors on the L3 and L2.

Not sure why a few others had bad experiences but often getting what you want requires clear communication with the tailor. If you want tight, you really got to tell him so!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.