Male HQ

Gay venues in foreign countries is a good place to meet local men?

24 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I have the pleasant realization to read that @GachiMuchi and I have something in common:  the interest,  after we arrive at an unknown city, to give FIRST PRIORITY to find the location of the GAY SAUNAS.

Straight will never have any luck in looking for sex in a sauna, because they cannot walk into a straight sauna and hook up with a lady and get laid. They can only pay for lady for sex or maybe if they are good looking can hookup with someone in a disco or bar.

Gays on the other hand, can just go to a gay sauna in a foreign land and lands himself a good fuck and even make acquaintances that could bring him around town, which is what happened to me when I went Oban sauna on my first trip to Taiwan. 

As the hotel above the sauna had burn down, I met 2 nice Taiwanese guys whom are friends and they helped me to find a nice affordable hotel not far away from Oban Sauna. They spent the next few days, bringing me around town and introducing me to the cruisy spots, bars and clubs in Taipei.

3 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Straight will never have any luck in looking for sex in a sauna, because they cannot walk into a straight sauna and hook up with a lady and get laid. They can only pay for lady for sex or maybe if they are good looking can hookup with someone in a disco or bar.

Gays on the other hand, can just go to a gay sauna in a foreign land and lands himself a good fuck and even make acquaintances that could bring him around town, which is what happened to me when I went Oban sauna on my first trip to Taiwan. 

As the hotel above the sauna had burn down, I met 2 nice Taiwanese guys whom are friends and they helped me to find a nice affordable hotel not far away from Oban Sauna. They spent the next few days, bringing me around town and introducing me to the cruisy spots, bars and clubs in Taipei.

We gays should stop feeling victimized and start realizing how fortunate we are.  I had similar experiences you had when arriving at an unknown city and soon making acquaintances with the local gays met in saunas.  This was my experience in many Asian cities like Tokyo, Soul, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Manila.  In Bangkok I had many excellent experiences checking into Babylon's barracks and immediately making social contact with the group of guests there during breakfast,  exchanging useful information about the scene and finding companions to visit the touristic places and the gay bars.   In Singapore I also enjoyed good company staying at Max's Queen Resort where I stayed many times after I discovered the place.  I kept in contact with several of the guys I met in my trips.

Straights who travel alone have a much harder time finding any company from the ladies who are not prostitutes.   And the for-pay with the professionals takes away so much from the experience...

Guest Kabukicho
42 minutes ago, D.0284 said:

Thank you! Many of my straight friends (both genders) joined me at gay bars too for exactly the same reason. Of course, firstly, they are not homophobic. In fact, there's a married couple with us too. 🤓

9 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

That said, It still have to depend on many factors; Are you their type? Are they your type? Are you adventurous enough to go with them for hookups, tours, stay with then, etc.?

I considered myself lucky to have met nice people during my trip to Malaysia, Taiwan and Japan. 

While visiting Kuala Lumpur back in 1990s, while hanging out at BlueBoys Pub, I met a few guys there and over the years after many visits, we became good friends and our friendship lasts all the way till present day.

As for Japan, It was back in late 1990 that I started corresponding with a Japanese and on my first visit to Tokyo with my ex. I met him and he generously, shared his small apartment with me and my ex. He handed me his house keys and in the day, he will go for his work while my ex and me will go visiting temples, places, etc. In the evening, after his work, he will bring us around for nice food and introduce us to the various pubs he visits. Our friendship also lasted till present day.

As for Taiwan, I met a guy during the countdown to 2000 in Bangkok and we became fast friends and when I visited Taiwan back in 2004, my Taiwanese friend was my tour guide during my trip and we went to his his family in Tai Zhong (Central Taiwan). and toured many places. We remain closed even till today. 

I count my blessing that I get to meet nice people in gay places and over time, developed lasting friendship with them. And of course, when they come to Singapore, I will try my best to take time off to bring my foreign friends around and show them all the interesting places we have.

3 minutes ago, GachiMuchi said:

That said, It still have to depend on many factors; Are you their type? Are they your type? Are you adventurous enough to go with them for hookups, tours, stay with then, etc.?

I considered myself lucky to have met nice people during my trip to Malaysia, Taiwan and Japan. 

While visiting Kuala Lumpur back in 1990s, while hanging out at BlueBoys Pub, I met a few guys there and over the years after many visits, we became good friends and our friendship lasts all the way till present day.

As for Japan, It was back in late 1990 that I started corresponding with a Japanese and on my first visit to Tokyo with my ex. I met him and he generously, shared his small apartment with me and my ex. He handed me his house keys and in the day, he will go for his work while my ex and me will go visiting temples, places, etc. In the evening, after his work, he will bring us around for nice food and introduce us to the various pubs he visits. Our friendship also lasted till present day.

As for Taiwan, I met a guy during the countdown to 2000 in Bangkok and we became fast friends and when I visited Taiwan back in 2004, my Taiwanese friend was my tour guide during my trip and we went to his his family in Tai Zhong (Central Taiwan). and toured many places. We remain closed even till today. 

I count my blessing that I get to meet nice people in gay places and over time, developed lasting friendship with them. And of course, when they come to Singapore, I will try my best to take time off to bring my foreign friends around and show them all the interesting places we have.

There is also a need to understand local preferences cultures and customs. What works in SG may not work in TH or TW.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:47 AM, Balestier said:

What works in SG may not work in TH or TW.

Yes. I have found many locals in TH or TW far more inviting and friendly to us foreigners. Even SG people living in TH and TW seem less ganchiong or suspicious. Maybe because we are all too stressed or crowded together in SG.

We gays are very lucky to have other ways of meeting locals when we travel. I don't understand why there are so many ads here asking to meet other SGians while overseas. You don't go all the way to Thailand just to eat bak chor mee. 

On 1/18/2024 at 11:47 AM, Balestier said:

There is also a need to understand local preferences cultures and customs. What works in SG may not work in TH or TW.

Agrees, but I think more Asian gays from Malaysians, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, Japanese, Thias, Mainland Chinese & Cambodians, are hospitable and welcoming.

Many becomes my local guides (地陪) after getting to know them and they brought me to many nice eateries or local places not found on maps, etc. 

For me, I can conclude that most Asian gays guys I know are friendly, but if you are their type, you might have better preferential treatment (wink). 

1 hour ago, TopChinese said:

Yes. I have found many locals in TH or TW far more inviting and friendly to us foreigners. Even SG people living in TH and TW seem less ganchiong or suspicious. Maybe because we are all too stressed or crowded together in SG.

We gays are very lucky to have other ways of meeting locals when we travel. I don't understand why there are so many ads here asking to meet other SGians while overseas. You don't go all the way to Thailand just to eat bak chor mee. 

Yep when we travel, we will try the local cruisines, cultures and attractions.  But it's no harm to try the sg food once a while

2 hours ago, TopChinese said:

Maybe going there as tourists and working there are different. Sometimes we crave for home food.

Guest Anthony
12 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Agrees, but I think more Asian gays from Malaysians, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, Japanese, Thias, Mainland Chinese & Cambodians, are hospitable and welcoming.

Many becomes my local guides (地陪) after getting to know them and they brought me to many nice eateries or local places not found on maps, etc. 

For me, I can conclude that most Asian gays guys I know are friendly, but if you are their type, you might have better preferential treatment (wink). 

Conclusion: Comparatively, Singaporeans are far from being friendly and not bothered to be a host, what more a good one.

My personal experience is also that the Taiwanese are one of the most accommodating. 

But even in rough and busy Hong Kong you can meet friendly guys showing you around and spending time in gay spots. 

Unfortunately, I can't say same of Shanghai, often in some sense I was cheated by local guys who after a day left quietly with me settling the bill or with other unpleasant things. 

As for Singaporeans, I can say 15 - 20 years back the local guys were nice comparable to Taiwanese guys, but over time the attitude changed. Friendliness or accommodating visitors on a leisure level is nowadays rare. My foreign friends coming to Singapore tell me the same. 

I don't know why it came to this change of attitude. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, Guest Anthony said:

Conclusion: Comparatively, Singaporeans are far from being friendly and not bothered to be a host, what more a good one.

Are you speaking for yourself? 

Please don't speak for all Singaporeans.

You don't represent anyone but yourself.

I am still in contact with all my foreign friends from the various countries I met and when they come visit Singapore, I will host them and bring them to the various places of interest and of course all those good food and gay venues.

Guest Anthony
17 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Are you speaking for yourself? 

Please don't speak for all Singaporeans.

You don't represent anyone but yourself.

I am still in contact with all my foreign friends from the various countries I met and when they come visit Singapore, I will host them and bring them to the various places of interest and of course all those good food and gay venues.

It is a social observation.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:21 PM, singalion said:

My personal experience is also that the Taiwanese are one of the most accommodating. 

But even in rough and busy Hong Kong you can meet friendly guys showing you around and spending time in gay spots. 

Unfortunately, I can't say same of Shanghai, often in some sense I was cheated by local guys who after a day left quietly with me settling the bill or with other unpleasant things. 

As for Singaporeans, I can say 15 - 20 years back the local guys were nice comparable to Taiwanese guys, but over time the attitude changed. Friendliness or accommodating visitors on a leisure level is nowadays rare. My foreign friends coming to Singapore tell me the same. 

I don't know why it came to this change of attitude. 

You can't expect much from China guys(or girls) nowadays,especially the well developed city. Most only have $ in the mind.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.