Male HQ

What is considered Catfishing?

Bringing this up as previously I have met multiple people that shows up but don't look exactly like the photo they've sent.

Yet they claim to be using their own photo some claim to be a few years back some claims to be as short as a week ago.. 

Hence comes the issue, are they catfishing if they are using photo from no matter how long ago?

Is it catfishing if in that period the person undergo plastic surgery and still uses their old photo?

What if they undergo some transformation and look very different from their picture? e.g. 90kg to 70kg or vice versa.

What is catfishing in your point of view? try not to get affected by anyone's response if you may. 

Hoping for answers straight from the heart.

Imagine police are tracking this site to catch us in action.

onlyfans

twitter

9 hours ago, Forbidden Vulpes said:

Bringing this up as previously I have met multiple people that shows up but don't look exactly like the photo they've sent.

Yet they claim to be using their own photo some claim to be a few years back some claims to be as short as a week ago.. 

Hence comes the issue, are they catfishing if they are using photo from no matter how long ago?

Is it catfishing if in that period the person undergo plastic surgery and still uses their old photo?

What if they undergo some transformation and look very different from their picture? e.g. 90kg to 70kg or vice versa.

What is catfishing in your point of view? try not to get affected by anyone's response if you may. 

Hoping for answers straight from the heart.

Yeah, so I’ve been trying to gain weight and am not as lean/skinny as in my photo on my account now, so I’m effectively cat fishing

But anyone who has propositioned me know that I always tell people this and don’t really feel comfortable meeting up right now, as mentioned on my profile. I don’t want a case where people expect to be able to enjoy a full six pack when now I have like 4 and a little food pouch.

I’ve also encountered a lot of people who use photos from their prime, which I guess I understand but if they’re not honest or upfront about it and still want to meet then I’d consider that cat fishing for sure.

I'd probably call it catfishing only if the person is clearly presenting online as a different person, and with the intention of tricking you into doing something for them. For cases where people currently appear different from the image they created of themselves online but still based on who they are/were, I'd call it something else: fibbing or glossing over. It could just be them being delusional. The former is potentially dangerous, the latter is mostly just annoying.

Guest Swear

Even one teeny bit of false information they provided is considred "Catfish", it can be anything from age, race, nationality, religion, occupation, hobby...etc.   Unless they give 100% oath swearing truth, otherwise I think most people cannot escape being catfished or catfishing others. 

Guest Cheat

No wonder Immgiration department only accept photo that is not more than 3 months old if you want to renew passport or IC.  Now, I think one month old is cocnsidered acceptable. 

Guest Technology underutilised

If future, don't ask for picture, do a live video zooming better.

I think catfishishing refers only to situations when the catfisher uses a different pic from someone else to dupe people into meeting him. 

Using old pictures or pictures in different shape (slim/ fat) is not catfishing but just misleading people on current looks. 

Edited by singalion

To me, the  key thing to me is the intention regardless of whether real or fake photos are used. While using real photos may not always constitute catfishing, it happens when someone creates a fake online identity or persona to deceive others. This can involve using fake photos (or even real photos), information, and personal details to establish a false persona that appears to be genuine. .

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.

Here's my thinking:

1. Person A using person B's photo - That's catfishing. No if and doubts about it.

2. Person A using his PHOTOSHOPPED photo - That's catfishing.

3. Person A using his own (current) photo but the photo looks greater than his real self due to great lighting, good camera angle, and good photography skill - That's NOT catfishing.

4. Person A using his old photo - This is not so straight forward. It is his photo, no doubt but he does look different now. So, how long ago is not allowed? One month? 6 months? 5 years? .... Everyone's has his own answer. To me: If he could proof that's really his photo from the past, I would not say he is catfishing. To some/many gorgeous gay men, it's  not easy him to display his current daddy's bod photo, you know.

The next question is: What's your real intention of wanting to know him? Because of his HOT attributes, hoping for a good shag or are you genuine wanting to be his friend? No rush to answer. Deep search into your inner self for your true intention.

I find it horrendous when a person of so-so attribute (looks or body) has sky high expectation of the other party. Shameless! That's worse than the person who is a catfish.

Just my humble opinion.

36 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Here's my thinking:

1. Person A using person B's photo - That's catfishing. No if and doubts about it.

2. Person A using his PHOTOSHOPPED photo - That's catfishing.

3. Person A using his own (current) photo but the photo looks greater than his real self due to great lighting, good camera angle, and good photography skill - That's NOT catfishing.

4. Person A using his old photo - This is not so straight forward. It is his photo, no doubt but he does look different now. So, how long ago is not allowed? One month? 6 months? 5 years? .... Everyone's has his own answer. To me: If he could proof that's really his photo from the past, I would not say he is catfishing. To some/many gorgeous gay men, it's  not easy him to display his current daddy's bod photo, you know.

The next question is: What's your real intention of wanting to know him? Because of his HOT attributes, hoping for a good shag or are you genuine wanting to be his friend? No rush to answer. Deep search into your inner self for your true intention.

I find it horrendous when a person of so-so attribute (looks or body) has sky high expectation of the other party. Shameless! That's worse than the person who is a catfish.

Just my humble opinion.

An accurate description of catfishing 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.