Male HQ

All About Popper - Is It Legal? / Side Effects (Compiled)

Guest gomxi

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

I used to think that poppers were harmless, and that is true to some extent. Old types which contain isobutyl seems to be fine. However, in recent years, some (most/all?) poppers are made from isopropyl because isobutyl became illegal in some jurisdictions.

The isopropyl can cause retina damage and breathing problems. Poppers used to be relatively harmless and benign and lawmakers have to ban it and now they've become worse. Stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, isopropyl are bad. 

There are some brands currently manufactured with pentyl, which are like the old amyl. 

Of course for good reasons, I won't talk about them here because lately, the moderators have been deleting every single thread on this topic when it's related to fun. 

To begin with, it's not even listed as a drug under CNB. 

Guest Glyph

Yes, isopropyl are bad. 

There are some brands currently manufactured with pentyl, which are like the old amyl. 

Of course for good reasons, I won't talk about them here because lately, the moderators have been deleting every single thread on this topic when it's related to fun. 

To begin with, it's not even listed as a drug under CNB.

We allow open discussion of poppers, but not blatant solicitation of sex w/ this a/o purchase/sales. Poppers itself isn't illegal (technically speaking), but the use of it in this case is. There's also a reason why it's not available for sale without some form of discretion. I hope you understand where the mods are coming from.

As with all kinds of chemical compounds that we intake, yes, that include Panadol, there are always side effects. 

Always practise discretion if you are using any of them. Consistent use over long term will certainly result in permanent damage in some parts of our body.

• 2 months later...

Why need popper.?

My BF is my popper, my ecstasy. He's pheromones makes me high enough to loose control.

Why pay $30-40 for a btl and each snif can only last for less than 1min. Could damage body also. Not worth leh.

But hor, quite fun to have it once a while la.. heeheh e

#confuse

• 3 weeks later...

Someone gave me a new bottle as a gift. I left it without the packaging on my desk, exposed to light.

Didn't know that popper react to light. When I came back, 1/4 of the bottle leaked despite it being sealed.

Can the remainding still be used???

Any advise?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • 4 months later...
Guest KB member

I observe many people in the local saunas are using poppers excessively . They do not realize poppers can potentially be very damaging. 

I feel it is important to raise the issue and increase awareness.  In 2007 the poppers formula had changed from amyl nitrite to iso propyl nitrite. We call it the IPN poppers. Many gay people who are hooked to this recreational drug suffer a damage of eyesight -  "poppers maculopathy".

You might want to think twice before you sniff your poppers to get high. There is no cure for this eyes problem. 

• 10 months later...
Guest Curious

Have read mentions of poppers in this forum occasionally. Curious if anyone can shed some light on it.

What exactly is it? How do you use it? What effects does it have? Where do you get it?

• G_M unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Elson said:

Recently just try poppers, after few days I have kind of skin allergy effect, anyone have similar?

It's probably not skin allergy if what you have is something like burn marks or sensations on your nose. Poppers can burn fragile skin areas if they get into direct contact with them or if the vapor you breathe is too strong. Best advice is lay off them for a few days and wait for it to clear up again. 

1 hour ago, West93 said:

It's probably not skin allergy if what you have is something like burn marks or sensations on your nose. Poppers can burn fragile skin areas if they get into direct contact with them or if the vapor you breathe is too strong. Best advice is lay off them for a few days and wait for it to clear up again. 

nose skin no effect, but whole body like back, leg, hand feel itchy

Guest happy hours
On 09/06/2017 at 10:54 AM, G_M said:

This post on popper is meant for discussion.

Anyone caught asking where to purchase or divert from the topic will be removed / suspended.

Remember, This is an Open Forum and what you post will come back and haunt you, If I don't get to you first, the authorities will.

Dear Moderator, but all plu spa establishments in a certain tiny red dot city sell it openly to customers. can it be illegal then?? I m asking this in order not to have a brush with the law...

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

I love poppers. Usually they help a lot with lowering my inhibitions and loosening me up for bottoming, and it really enhances the sensations of sex and orgasms for top and bottom alike. Doesn't seem like many in SG know about it or use it recreationally during sex though. 

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, West93 said:

I love poppers. Usually they help a lot with lowering my inhibitions and loosening me up for bottoming, and it really enhances the sensations of sex and orgasms for top and bottom alike. Doesn't seem like many in SG know about it or use it recreationally during sex though. 

How it loosens the hole?

One time,  I had several glasses of wine before sex and I was in the room with the top, music playing in the background,

took a deep sniff of the poppers and immediately the music became muffled but it was kinda scary at first because

it was my first time mixing alcohol with poppers so when the music became muffled I freaked out a little lol

after that I was high and relaxed on the bed, I think the alcohol really accelerated the effects of poppers.

The top who was a pretty well endowed caucasian guy went in easily and it was heaven. 

Edited by hey_jen

Guest greenhorns
17 minutes ago, gaysluttyme said:

apply on it ?

Be careful writing such things, some greenhorns might try it and the top ends up like taking the "hot sensation" lube... and wonders why his dick is purple afterwards

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I want to ask did any of you found that when using popper it has no effect on you at all other than the smell of the popper itself? Recently started to use since introduced by my friend but I felt nothing at all when inhaled a reasonable amount. All I get is the distinct smell, no high feeling or whatsoever. I have taken it properly as my friend show it to me. MAnyone have the same experience ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 2:01 AM, Guest Aaron said:

Hey guys, I want to ask did any of you found that when using popper it has no effect on you at all other than the smell of the popper itself? Recently started to use since introduced by my friend but I felt nothing at all when inhaled a reasonable amount. All I get is the distinct smell, no high feeling or whatsoever. I have taken it properly as my friend show it to me. MAnyone have the same experience ?

maybe popper sold to you is expired old stock the relabelled as new.

try buying from another source and retailer.

Sure , make you float on cloud

I'm looking to be suck by a bottom on poppers, so far nobody has ever managed to give me a sextisfying bj till i cum in the mouth. So m eagerly awaiting my chance to experience what "Cock hungry Monster" poppers can do to a sucker.  Hmm, love to try bj till i give cim to a slutty, cock hungry bottom. 

1 hour ago, horchew said:

I'm looking to be suck by a bottom on poppers, so far nobody has ever managed to give me a sextisfying bj till i cum in the mouth. So m eagerly awaiting my chance to experience what "Cock hungry Monster" poppers can do to a sucker.  Hmm, love to try bj till i give cim to a slutty, cock hungry bottom. 

Erm.... I think that it’s alittle impossible at least for me. When on it, one would feel so relax and unable to focus on what’s ahead. Lol

Poppers can be fun.

Alternative is good too for me. Find a buddy I can click with. We talk a lot what we like and dont like sexually, try to please each other and ourselves. Talk abt fantasies, act on some chicken out on others. So far, I like it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 2:01 AM, Guest Aaron said:

Which brand were you using? Different brands will react differently on you.

Guest PopperNerd

It’s not about the brands, it’s about the nitrites. In terms of quality, Isopentyl Nitrite ranks the best. That is also known as Amyl, commonly used by gays during the Studio 54 era in the 80s. 

However, it is later banned by the American FDA for fear of street abuse and contained within medical use for treatment of angina pectoris. Joe Miller, owner of Pac West Distribution (popularly known as PWD) created new isomers to circumvent the law and came up with slightly inferior blends of Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrites. The first popular product would come to be known as Rush. 

For three decades right up to 2010, it was well embraced by users. The blend of Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrites provided a quick warm head rush and a decent buzz. Joe Miller runs a factory and has pretty tight QC, the quality was consistent.

In 2010, he committed suicide and all his siblings refused to carry on his “dirty” business. I still remember it was October 2010, supplies were flying off the shelves in Singapore, some dealers only knew weeks later but the clientele who heard wind of Joe’s death had already swept the bottles by the dozens. My dealer thought he was having some kind of windfall, only to realise that he could no longer replenish the original products created by PWD, whatever left were the last of it.

Ever since then, every bottle that you buy in Singapore are counterfeited products. Most of them came from the US or Canada, where the law on Isopentyl (Amyl) is still in force. The packaging from PWD got copied but the quality is extremely inferior. This became a worldwide problem, not just for users here. Many other poppers users elsewhere are huffing the same inferior products. 

Taking a step back, poppers in the sexual context serves 3 purposes in today's climate. 

1. For bottoms, it relaxes the smooth muscles, including those around the anus and offers a better entry during anal intercourse. It's wrong to think that poppers eliminates the pain, any good bottom would know it takes a lot of work to be a bottom (dildoing regularly); the poppers is not a wonder fume to loosen your hole to the point of painlessness. In the process of of this, the bottoms would also enjoy a good warm rush and buzz that heightens the sexual sensations. 

2. For the tops, it relaxes the same set of muscles but it also heightens the pleasure experienced in his cock. The overall buzz will also take the sensations to the next level. 

3. For masturbation, or those who are into this are now more commonly termed as "popperbators". This is a new movement started slowly in the last 15 years, right before the demise of PWD products. The concept is popularised in America and Japan (before Japan completely banned it in 2007). Today, the popperbating movement is popular among the younger generation and it's propelled by popperbate compilation videos and one of the famous proponents of such visual materials is actually created by a Singaporean who goes by the online moniker - eternalpopperb8 (sounds unreal but 100% true as told by a friend, I could not find proof that he is from Singapore on google). Frankly, I don't know what is the appeal - it's really just guys jerking off with poppers but his videos are popular in the community as reported in the subreddit threads:

Bat3topia: https://vimeo.com/244161649 Password: viceroy

Batetitude 1: https://vimeo.com/294996174 Password: tinylove

Batetitude 2: https://vimeo.com/302681834 Password: cocteautwins

Now coming back to the quality of poppers, what then after Joe Miller's PWD? About 2 years ago, exciting reviews on a subreddit poppers thread emerged and the celebrated new brand is called Radikal Rush. To date, this is probably one of the few products from Germany/France that is made of the holy grail -- Isopentyl Nitrite. It even has the CAS number 110-46-3, which is the legit Amyl. It offers a sensational warm and deep rush, longer lasting buzz to the system and psychoactively, touted to increase dopamine production - basically you feel happy for a good 3-4 mins. This is in stark contrast to whatever products sold by local dealers, which probably don't last more than 15 seconds of head rush, headache and heart pounding. 

With this short introduction, I hope you are able to find and purchase your poppers with a more informed mind and be responsible for your own intake. 

What I must stress is that both Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrite products today present a health problem. It largely affects your eyes, causing blurry vision and bright spots in the centre of your vision when huffed in large quantities. For many, the effects are reversible, but some guys on teh subreddit thread has reported irreversible effects. Naturally, the difficult to get Isopentyl product (such as Radikal Rush) becomes the "cleaner and better" choice.   

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, Guest PopperNerd said:

It’s not about the brands, it’s about the nitrites. In terms of quality, Isopentyl Nitrite ranks the best. That is also known as Amyl, commonly used by gays during the Studio 54 era in the 80s. 

However, it is later banned by the American FDA for fear of street abuse and contained within medical use for treatment of angina pectoris. Joe Miller, owner of Pac West Distribution (popularly known as PWD) created new isomers to circumvent the law and came up with slightly inferior blends of Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrites. The first popular product would come to be known as Rush. 

For three decades right up to 2010, it was well embraced by users. The blend of Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrites provided a quick warm head rush and a decent buzz. Joe Miller runs a factory and has pretty tight QC, the quality was consistent.

In 2010, he committed suicide and all his siblings refused to carry on his “dirty” business. I still remember it was October 2010, supplies were flying off the shelves in Singapore, some dealers only knew weeks later but the clientele who heard wind of Joe’s death had already swept the bottles by the dozens. My dealer thought he was having some kind of windfall, only to realise that he could no longer replenish the original products created by PWD, whatever left were the last of it.

Ever since then, every bottle that you buy in Singapore are counterfeited products. Most of them came from the US or Canada, where the law on Isopentyl (Amyl) is still in force. The packaging from PWD got copied but the quality is extremely inferior. This became a worldwide problem, not just for users here. Many other poppers users elsewhere are huffing the same inferior products. 

Taking a step back, poppers in the sexual context serves 3 purposes in today's climate. 

1. For bottoms, it relaxes the smooth muscles, including those around the anus and offers a better entry during anal intercourse. It's wrong to think that poppers eliminates the pain, any good bottom would know it takes a lot of work to be a bottom (dildoing regularly); the poppers is not a wonder fume to loosen your hole to the point of painlessness. In the process of of this, the bottoms would also enjoy a good warm rush and buzz that heightens the sexual sensations. 

2. For the tops, it relaxes the same set of muscles but it also heightens the pleasure experienced in his cock. The overall buzz will also take the sensations to the next level. 

3. For masturbation, or those who are into this are now more commonly termed as "popperbators". This is a new movement started slowly in the last 15 years, right before the demise of PWD products. The concept is popularised in America and Japan (before Japan completely banned it in 2007). Today, the popperbating movement is popular among the younger generation and it's propelled by popperbate compilation videos and one of the famous proponents of such visual materials is actually created by a Singaporean who goes by the online moniker - eternalpopperb8 (sounds unreal but 100% true as told by a friend, I could not find proof that he is from Singapore on google). Frankly, I don't know what is the appeal - it's really just guys jerking off with poppers but his videos are popular in the community as reported in the subreddit threads:

Bat3topia: https://vimeo.com/244161649 Password: viceroy

Batetitude 1: https://vimeo.com/294996174 Password: tinylove

Batetitude 2: https://vimeo.com/302681834 Password: cocteautwins

Now coming back to the quality of poppers, what then after Joe Miller's PWD? About 2 years ago, exciting reviews on a subreddit poppers thread emerged and the celebrated new brand is called Radikal Rush. To date, this is probably one of the few products from Germany/France that is made of the holy grail -- Isopentyl Nitrite. It even has the CAS number 110-46-3, which is the legit Amyl. It offers a sensational warm and deep rush, longer lasting buzz to the system and psychoactively, touted to increase dopamine production - basically you feel happy for a good 3-4 mins. This is in stark contrast to whatever products sold by local dealers, which probably don't last more than 15 seconds of head rush, headache and heart pounding. 

With this short introduction, I hope you are able to find and purchase your poppers with a more informed mind and be responsible for your own intake. 

What I must stress is that both Isobutyl and Isopropyl nitrite products today present a health problem. It largely affects your eyes, causing blurry vision and bright spots in the centre of your vision when huffed in large quantities. For many, the effects are reversible, but some guys on teh subreddit thread has reported irreversible effects. Naturally, the difficult to get Isopentyl product (such as Radikal Rush) becomes the "cleaner and better" 

Edited by Saggiboy

Do note that amyl nitrite is listed on the Poisons Act in Singapore. As such, it is only allowed to be sold by licensed vendors. In addition to that, the container containing the substance has to be clearly labelled as a poison.

As such, the "original" poppers is a controlled substance in Singapore.

Anyone who wants to take at look at the Poisons Act can go to this link. Although I doubt many would bother with this...

Слава Україні!

9 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Do note that amyl nitrite is listed on the Poisons Act in Singapore. As such, it is only allowed to be sold by licensed vendors. In addition to that, the container containing the substance has to be clearly labelled as a poison.

As such, the "original" poppers is a controlled substance in Singapore.

Anyone who wants to take at look at the Poisons Act can go to this link. Although I doubt many would bother with this...

So meaning it cannot be sold for openly.  Who are licensed vendors then ~ anybody? 

4 hours ago, Kimochi said:

So meaning it cannot be sold for openly.  Who are licensed vendors then ~ anybody? 

Aiyo! Amyl nitrite, I think can only be used officially by people in laboratories with legit uses (must maintain a record of use in the poison register) or for medical applications. Licensed vendors like Sigma-Aldrich will probably be required to check with any purchaser if they have authorisation for use.

Think about it, if it is a registered poison, it won't be found readily, unless there is a genuine common household use (like insecticide).

Слава Україні!

• 4 months later...

Seems like this is a pretty underground community now. 

Would be nice to know a group of fellow popper lovers. Good quality stuff is hard to come by nowadays too. 

So far my top three would have to be Real Gold, Little Brown Bottle and Ultra Rush. I mainly like "top" poppers that don't kill hardons, because some like say Jungle Juice and Super Rush are straight up "bottom use only". 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, lightsmith32 said:

Have tried it both as a top and btm, it does help .. but long run not sustainable .. i firmly believe its more harm than gd. I stay away.

I think it's fine in small doses. Like alcohol. If you binge it everyday, it's not good. When I bottom and use poppers, it doesn't hurt as much. When I top, it gets me more excited. 

2 hours ago, Chronicle said:

I think it's fine in small doses. Like alcohol. If you binge it everyday, it's not good. When I bottom and use poppers, it doesn't hurt as much. When I top, it gets me more excited. 

Same here. As a top it makes me more ferile and beastly ...  a few friends who are tops told me the same thing.

Of coz there are other cocktail mixes which give a bigger thrill, legal ofcoz ...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.