Male HQ

All About Popper - Is It Legal? / Side Effects (Compiled)

Guest gomxi

Poppers is an immunosuppressive substance and is closely related to Immunodeficiency disorders (AKA ADIS). http://www.gaylib.com/aids/aids20.htm

This is a serious subject and it will require reliable information.

The website that you have provided the link does not seem authoritative. It appears to be made up of unsubstantiated allegations. Do you have anything more authoritative than this?

The video link is on an irrelevant subject. Also very controversial.

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

Here is an authoritative website on AIDS/HIV for you . . .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001620/

Be fore-warned it contains nothing new other than the conventional wisdom about HIV/AIDS you have already been fed with by the mainstream Media.

However, if you are open-minded enough to accept that the mainstream Media is a Weapon of Mass Deception . . . , you may want to check out this long video ....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1546322203061765598

Hope it helps. And . . ., Global Warming is the greatest scam in the history of mankind.

Here is an authoritative website on AIDS/HIV for you . . .

http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0001620/

There is no mention of poppers in this website. Do you have an authoritative source which does link poppers with immuno-suppression ?

At present the link between poppers and HIV seem to be very weak.

Be fore-warned it contains nothing new other than the conventional wisdom about HIV/AIDS you have already been fed with by the mainstream Media.

However, if you are open-minded enough to accept that the mainstream Media is a Weapon of Mass Deception . . . , you may want to check out this long video ....

http://video.google....322203061765598

Hope it helps. And . . ., Global Warming is the greatest scam in the history of mankind.

Conspiracy theories are indeed entertaining. Some of them perhaps may actually hold some truth. But we should really stick to the topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea there is this thing akin to poppers but it's not liquid... Somekind of aerosol from a small can, spray to a towel edge, and it will frozen the towel n u need bite the towel and slowly suck the fume from it... It's even faster react than poppers.

Any idea what it is?

Anyone have any idea there is this thing akin to poppers but it's not liquid... Somekind of aerosol from a small can, spray to a towel edge, and it will frozen the towel n u need bite the towel and slowly suck the fume from it... It's even faster react than poppers.

Any idea what it is?

Might be ethyl chloride http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroethane

Not sure about the legality in Sg tho.

Edited by suckling_pig

Any idea what it is?

You have just experienced huffing, which is a high derived from inhaling volatile substances like glue vapour and computer cleanng dusters. This is an activity that one does not recommend for the sake of ones well-being.

• 2 months later...
Possession and use is not illegal. The sale is controlled however.

Actually, both amyl nitrite and butyl nitrite, the two most common active chemicals in poppers, are regulated by the Poisons Act (Chapter 234). Under the Act, unless otherwise licensed, no person may import, possess, manufacture, compound, store, transport or sell either chemical. Usage is not specifically prohibited: however, use obviously necessitates possession.

The penalty is a fine of up to $10'000.00, a prison sentence of up to two years, or both.

Edited: Just noticed that I typed "nitrate" instead of "nitrite". Have corrected. I'm half-thinking about my aquarium: don't ask about why that's relevant, but it is.

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Anyone have any idea there is this thing akin to poppers but it's not liquid... Somekind of aerosol from a small can, spray to a towel edge, and it will frozen the towel n u need bite the towel and slowly suck the fume from it... It's even faster react than poppers. Any idea what it is?
Might be ethyl chloride http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroethane Not sure about the legality in Sg tho.
You have just experienced huffing, which is a high derived from inhaling volatile substances like glue vapour and computer cleanng dusters. This is an activity that one does not recommend for the sake of ones well-being.

The local street name for this is "blue spray".

It's an aerosol-based topical analgesic (pain-killer), the proper usage of which is pretty much like Savlon or Tiger Balm, for muscular aches and pains. Some bright spark discovered that this particular brand, which was available OTC (over-the-counter) at pharmacies, can induce an effect akin to but longer-lasting than poppers if sprayed on a towel and inhaled through the mouth. It's used by bottoms much in the same way as poppers, with many tops finding that it ain't too good for their hard-ons.

I can't imagine it is very good for you as Frater Patrum Tenebarum1 has already advised. While I have not come across any literature on effects arising from its unconventional use, it is very likely to at least limit oxygen supply to the lungs and hence to the rest of the body, including the brain. The brain is particularly sensitive to lack of oxygen and even short-term oxygen deprivation may cause cerebral hypoxia, resulting in cognitive difficulties (e.g. memory loss) and short-term slowdown in motor functions. Symptoms such as cyanosis (skin, especially lips or fingernails, turning bluish) and rapid increase in heart rate should be taken seriously. Prolonged cerebral hypoxia can bring about loss of consciousness, and in more extreme cases, coma and brain death.

No, I'm not telling you the brand. As far as anyone is concerned, it's no longer available and breathing the wrong one will cause your penis to lose four inches of length permanently. Those already with less than four inches will develop a pseudo-vagina.

1 SCNR showing off my Latin ... besides, it'll be a cold day in Hell when I address you as Mea Pater. Lol.

Edited by Mercutio

The local street name for this is "blue spray"............

No, I'm not telling you the brand. As far as anyone is concerned, it's no longer available and breathing the wrong one will cause your penis to lose four inches of length permanently. Those already with less than four inches will develop a pseudo-vagina.

1 SCNR showing off my Latin ... besides, it'll be a cold day in Hell when I address you as Mea Pater. Lol.

I don't know about the blue can, but other brands are still available. It doesn't do much for me tho. Just makes me want to faint.

And the pseudo-vagina thing ... I have a solution ... huff a few more times and the penis will shrink further upwards in your body into your mouth. Then you can give yourself a permanent blowjob, no need to bend into awkward positions.

Actually, both amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate, the two most common active chemicals in poppers, are regulated by the Poisons Act (Chapter 234). Under the Act, unless otherwise licensed, no person may import, possess, manufacture, compound, store, transport or sell either chemical. Usage is not specifically prohibited: however, use obviously necessitates possession.

The penalty is a fine of up to $10'000.00, a prison sentence of up to two years, or both.

I will have to differ on that, I just checked out the Poisons Act again, and still only Amyl Nitrite is listed. Of course if there has been an update then I am not sure. This is the page I referred to: http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?&actno=Reved-234&date=latest&method=part

If anybody has found an update, let us know.

SP

Here is an authoritative website on AIDS/HIV for you . . . http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001620/ Be fore-warned it contains nothing new other than the conventional wisdom about HIV/AIDS you have already been fed with by the mainstream Media. However, if you are open-minded enough to accept that the mainstream Media is a Weapon of Mass Deception . . . , you may want to check out this long video .... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1546322203061765598 Hope it helps. And . . ., Global Warming is the greatest scam in the history of mankind.

The urban myth about poppers being an immunosuppressant is one I've heard uttered by ph.D holders .... but not by ph.D holders of medicine, pharmacology or any such related field. I've heard the same myth being repeated about other recreational drugs.

The truth is drug use tends to impair judgement, which frequently leads to unsafe sex and of course a higher chance of contracting an STD, of which HIV is one. Drug use in and of itself, putting aside the strain it may have on your body, does not in most cases suppress the immune system. One notable exception, which is not a class of recreational drugs but nevertheless in relatively common use among gay men, are steroids, including corticosteroids and anabolic steroids. Steroids both weaken and enhance the immune system - the former by reducing the amounts of certain globulins in your bloodstream, leaving you more vulnerable to infection; the latter by stimulating the activity of certain leukocytes (white blood cells) that seek out and destroy pathogens. Note that enhanced leukocyte activity may also be detrimental should you have or develop an autoimmune disorder where the white blood cells start attacking your own body.

I will have to differ on that, I just checked out the Poisons Act again, and still only Amyl Nitrite is listed. Of course if there has been an update then I am not sure. This is the page I referred to: http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?&actno=Reved-234&date=latest&method=part If anybody has found an update, let us know. SP

That's the 2008 version, I believe. The last revision was I think January 2011. Nevertheless, whichever version, you're right that only amyl nitrite is specifically listed. However, I'm by no stretch of imagination well-versed enough in organic chemistry to know definitively that 2-propyl nitrite, 2-methypropyl nitrite, 3-methyl-1-nitrosooxybutane or any other alkyl ester used in poppers does not fall under the broader isomer/ester category for any class proscribed under the Act.

The issue is that organic chemistry is extremely complex, and analogues with seemingly similar effects can often be devised fairly easily, especially when one is not particularly concerned with submitting for FDA approval. This is one reason why in recent years there has been a plethora of so-called "designer drugs". To be banned, a drug must be identified by its chemical symbol: once the legal process is complete and that specific chemical goes on the banned list, our entrepreneurial recreational chemists devise an analogue which has much the same effects but is not specifically outlawed.

One good example is 5-methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DiPT), popularly known as "foxy" or "go meo" ("go" is five in Japanese) and once available by mail order in Japan. 5-MeO-DiPT is now banned, I believe, but a new substance has since been making the rounds. This new drug is N-[2=(5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N-methylpropan-2-amine (5-MeO-DiMT). Not surprisingly, pushers don't bother telling clients it's a different drug altogether and well, to be honest, I imagine most clients don't give a flying fxxk so long as it gets their rocks off1. The legal system however now has to start from scratch all over again, to basically ban a drug that has already been banned.

From what I understand from friends in the biopharmaceutical field, poppers fall under a grey area as far as the law is concerned. However, given the inclination of Singapore's legislative, judicial and enforcement authorities to (shall we be generous and call it) "paternalistic pragmatism", that amyl nitrite is specifically included on the list, and the very fact that poppers of any sort are not openly sold at Watson's or Guardian, I think it's pretty clear which way the wind blows when it comes to interpretation of the Act. You could of course hire a lawyer to debate the law over a bottle of Rush, but for once I'll leave empirical testing to someone else.

1 Almost every every every gay guy I've met who claims to have tried foxy in the last five years has probably taken 5-MeO-DIMT instead, judging from the experience they described whie under the effects, and every every every one of them did not have the vaguest inkling that it was a different drug from what they had heard so much about. But they are indeed different and the differences do not fall in favour of the analogue.

I do not contradict your take on state paternalism, but just for discussion sake:

In theory, everything is legal unless expressly prohibited.

Just like the designer drugs you have mentioned, poppers are exactly as case in point. Amyl nitrite is controlled not just in Sg but in other countries, probably due to the intensity and efficacy of the substance. That's why all the producers of the commonly available poppers use alternative substances. The most common found, and openly sold are propyl, isopropyl, butyl and isobutyl I think (forgive me, I am no chemist). Amyl is very rarely available on the market. Though I know there are hard core guys out there who synthesize their own.

As for interpretation of the specific act, I don't believe there is any greyness here. But then again I am not a lawyer either. Of course, if the cops really want to get me on something, they will probably save themselves all the trouble of a untested legal charge, and will probably find it easier to get me on 377A, or the last time I beat a traffic light.

The low down of the situation is, everyone has to make his own decision .... does he want to live in a very Singaporean psyche of perpetual fear and trepidation? Or does he want to assess what risks are worth taking, and live his life the best he can. I think you know where I stand.

Oh, absolutely agreed. My stance was taken in view of the thread title: I should not want someone to mistakenly think there is an ironclad legal argument for poppers.

As for everything being legal unless expressly prohibited ... Sim Wong Hoo made a speech quite a while back in which he noted that most countries, cars may make a U turn anywhere except where expressly prohibited by a "No U Turn" sign. In Singapore however, cars may make a U turn only where there is a "U Turn Allowed" sign. He used this analogy to illustrate the restrictive nature of Singapore, where things tend to be illegal or prohibited except where expressly allowed, calling it the "No U Turn Syndrome" or NUTS. Man has a sense of humour...

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest

i noticed a good majority of bottom used Poppers... sometimes they will ask if I want, but I always decline...

can anyone share what is the feeling of using poppers? is it to make one high and numb the pain of being penetrated?

is it considered substance abuse?

Does it cause addiction?

anyone with medical background care to share what it does to the body? (eg brain damage as in glue sniffing???)

Guest Guest

i noticed a good majority of bottom used Poppers... sometimes they will ask if I want, but I always decline...

can anyone share what is the feeling of using poppers? is it to make one high and numb the pain of being penetrated?

is it considered substance abuse?

Does it cause addiction?

anyone with medical background care to share what it does to the body? (eg brain damage as in glue sniffing???)

is it legal (to use poppers)

• 4 weeks later...

It damages your immune system and ur brain cells

Please don't say "Oh its not a drug because its common in other countries".. WHAT A FARKING DUMB SHIT thing to say..

So is cocaine and marijuana, are they not drugs? We are in SINGAPORE, so shut the FARK up and put it in our context. Glue sniffing is also common, is it alright then?

For those drug abusers, stop giving urself excuses... "oh its so normal"... dumbshit. putting a solvent down ur nose is not normal

I cannot advocate against the use of this item, or for it, because honestly speaking, I don't possess any, but use it if the other sex partner has it

Again not all brand can suit anyone. Some makes me so high and prolong the erection, others gives me a migraine after use

Yet so far, the best one I came across so far is from Canada, which is made of organic stuff. That bottle belonged to one of my fbuddy, who , I don't know how he managed to purchase online and seek through the screenings of the mail

Its costly -$75-90 I think

Yet , you can enjoy a good sex without such aids

Abit about poppers for your medical info

If you want to age faster ,do poppers more often

If you want to damage your brain cell, yes you can go ahead

If you want to increase your chance of contracting nose cancer, its still your choice

If you want to retard your think, and doesn't value a brain given for you to think, it is still within your options

Factor 1.2 and 3 came from observations and accumulated experiences with such people

Esp no 1, it dries up your face looking like a sun dried prune

Friends and people I know who do such stuff, in the long term, often have " misjudgements" about things, with rather unsound thinking

Their sense of smell is slowly affected

The most astonishing founding - now take note - if you have low blood pressure, you can die from overdosed of poppers

If you find that after sniffing poppers and you have dick gets soft - it is a possible high chance you have low blood pressure, coupled with low blood count

The logic is very simple

Poppers has the alky nitrate chemical compound, that dilate the blood vessels thus decreases the blood pressure, and a form of beta chem that shuts down your receptors to pain. Thus bottoms can take in all the rough anal pounding, and the top fxxks like crazy, when your logic sense of thinking is lost momentarily

Thus when you have low blood pressure, overdose of poppers dilates your blood vessels, causing the heart to slow do so much that you can have heart seizure in an instant

The common drug - Ice - has a smiliar effect but it too highly dangerous and I do not support the use of any drugs

In autopsy , a common thing discovered is that heavy ice abusers, are found to have holes in their brains, nicknamed " porous brain"

If you finally decide to settle down with a guy seriously, I still think one can still lead a healthy sex lifestyle without such aids

The chemical effect maybe very very mild, but over time of usage, it can effect your health and life quite badly

The choice , is yours to be.

Edited by TheVisitors

• 4 weeks later...

I came to sing 2 weeks ago/ Put 2 bottles in check in luggage .Nothing happened. When I came to QueenResort ,it was sold at the counter S45.More expensive than in Vietnam where I can buy S22.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest manyakis

I think so it got side effct in future. I never use it. Jst tryd once b4 but stop coz im worri f my body will rely on it an cannot be harden w/o it. Thats so scary..

• 9 months later...

I have heard of stories as long they are not opened, packed as they are should be fine. That is why most have 'Room Deodoriser' labelled. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

This is a serious subject and it will require reliable information.

The website that you have provided the link does not seem authoritative. It appears to be made up of unsubstantiated allegations. Do you have anything more authoritative than this?

The video link is on an irrelevant subject. Also very controversial.

stop spreading lies.. this guy must be infected wif HIV then spread all these misinformation

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

designer drugs are referring to the modified structure of heroine and cocaine that still havent went thru any clinical trials and FDA approval.

Guest tom

designer drugs are referring to the modified structure of heroine and cocaine that still havent went thru any clinical trials and FDA approval.

so you mean this illegal designer drugs nothing to do with poppers right?

Anyone tried poppers before ? How do u guys feel about poppers ? 

U guys like it or ? Fun ? Lets share some experience.

My friend tried before, as an substitution of breath control (also dangerous and fatal), since you can inhibit breathing much longer with popper.

But as a side effect, it is corrosive (nose pain) and causes headache.

In the end, he dumped that away.

Hey guys, is it OFFICIALLY illegal to possess and/or use these stuff now? Saw on the news yesterday that there are new laws against "designer drugs". Better stay away from all these. :)

Maybe it's in light of the overdose case of one Singaporean guy in Jakarta 2 months ago.

Guest Guest

Wow then most of the gays must take note if poppers really illegal now..

M2M sex is illegal since long time ago. Ok, no poppers, no gay sex, back to sleep.

Wow then most of the gays must take note if poppers really illegal now..

No use de. Ppl will give 101excuses to use it. When get caught, then cry father cry mother wailing to the world how remorseful he is, blah blah blah.

Just catch them and fine/cane those who breaks the law. Afterall we are a FINE country (pun intended).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.