Male HQ

If We Could Be Together

oralb

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he asked for my birthday date, i am soooo happy.

guess i am really pathetic to be happy over this, but i thought he wouldnt bother or care.....

congrate and hey that is nice :)

To "Guest",

It's heart-wrenching to know that you've been entertaining those suicidal thoughts of late because of that someone who obviously doesn't give a damn about you. Well! I've got news for you....who hasn't been there before? I know you feel as if you've fallen into the bottomless pit and you can't seem to crawl out of it. But please don't allow yourself to free fall all the way. I really think that life, despite of all its crappiness, is still too beautiful a thing to be wasted just like that.

I may not be good in words but do allow me to share this song with you....good song with really uplifting lyrcis.....

"Lift" by Shannon Noll

I know you're hurting

Feels like you're learning

'Bout life the hard way

And it ain't working

Seems like forever

That you've been falling

It's time to move on

You're life is calling, yeah

This was never meant to be the end

Close the book and start again

[CHORUS]

Cause I know how hard it can get

But you gotta lift

You gotta lift

And sometimes that's how it is

But I know you're stronger

Stronger than this

You gotta lift

You gotta lift

When you can feel your

Whole body's aching

What's left of your heart

It won't stop breaking

You gotta let go

You took a hit

Time to pick up now

Move on from this

[CHORUS]

But you gotta lift

You gotta lift

Stronger than this

You gotta

Lift yourself up above all the hurt

Don't give it

Wipe your eyes and remember

You're better than this

Let them know

That they took their best shot

And missed

C'mon and lift

[CHORUS]

But you gotta lift

You gotta lift

Stronger than this

You gotta lift

You gotta lift

Pick up now...

Pick up now...

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

I am having an extremely difficult time finishing my story. Recalling that awful period in my life was actually quite distressing but I will be finishing it soon.

The last couple of days, since I talked to OralB, I had quite often drifted mentally back to those depressing times. After typing a few paragraphs, I would frooze and try to consolidate how back then, I could let myself be so broken by a man I thought I love.

How can love strangles you, suffocates you and even kill you?

Thank goodness I have shrugged it off though those god forsaken memories still remained.

Golfnut:

if it is too painful for you, i would rather you dont tear open healed wounds. i wrote here as it helps to release some frustration, but if recalling prove otherwise, then it maybe best to lock it back into the dark corners of mind

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Metaphysical
I am having an extremely difficult time finishing my story. Recalling that awful period in my life was actually quite distressing but I will be finishing it soon.

The last couple of days, since I talked to OralB, I had quite often drifted mentally back to those depressing times. After typing a few paragraphs, I would frooze and try to consolidate how back then, I could let myself be so broken by a man I thought I love.

How can love strangles you, suffocates you and even kill you?

Thank goodness I have shrugged it off though those god forsaken memories still remained.

perhaps you should honour your Higher Self, and stop the thought of trying to pen down your past. *HUGS*

it's the Law of Polarity - the second stage in change, where you have actually moved out of your zone. for you to go back is, probably, a regression and that is why your heart and mind find it hard to write your past. i guess, to love yourself and the state that you are already in, you need to let go [and you are already in a state of detachment] the past experiences.

embrace your moment [the nowness] as the past has already passed.

Thanks OralB and Metaphysical. It is deeply appreciated.

However, I need to do this because I made a promise to share my experience and in doing so, I hope it will bring at least a bit of relief to those hurting now. These emotional wounds had healed but the scar it left behind will always be there.

Thanks again.

Guest Metaphysical
Thanks OralB and Metaphysical. It is deeply appreciated.

However, I need to do this because I made a promise to share my experience and in doing so, I hope it will bring at least a bit of relief to those hurting now. These emotional wounds had healed but the scar it left behind will always be there.

Thanks again.

when you write, have an open mind that it is all about sharing - that, in your thought, it is about to heal others through your story.

you are right that our scars remain, but today is, and shall be, another day where we need to look forward in life for all things good. yesterday had come and gone, and what shall remain is only the lesson that we ought to be careful the next time.

on the lighter note, are you golfing? and which 'nut' you haunt? hehehe. oops, i am in the mood for nutting a golf -- hahaha, pun intended :P

Today get to see him again. *Sigh* every night I will remind myself not to fall for him, but every time i see him, I can't help myself. He is not the particularly handsome type, but he just gives off an irresistable charm. What can i do? It is affecting the other aspects of my life.

All humans need validation of love in varying degrees. Some more, some less, for PLUs it's much more, so much so that it incapacitate us even.

After one, accepts one's orientation of being a PLU, we have to fight against difficult odds, to find our love, and while that's not enough, we have to fight against even more difficult odds to be or stay together. For some blessed few whom have found each other and had been together for years, there are many who are still single and searching.

And for some tormented few, unrequited love haunts them daily; it drives them crazy and renders them as complete wretch. Many don't see that they have a choice. Instead of moving-on with their lives, they rather choose to end-it-all as they felt that life would be meaningless without the love-of-their-life.

How then could we tell them that the solution to end all does not end with their passing?

Nor ending their lives does not served to prove anything greater even though to them it is justifiable?

How then can we tell them that for those they left behind moan for their lost and are grief stricken that a live had stop short of growing to its full potential just because of an unrequited love?

Here are some words of wisdom (known by many):-

1. Time heals all wounds.

2. Choose life as they are precious.

3. Every turn of a corner is another opportunity for love.

4. Every problem has a solution, it only need more time to resolve.

5. If you can’t solve the puzzle by yourself, seek help, you never know someone may have an answer.

Food for thought

Cheers :B)

Guest DontCryForMe
Today get to see him again. *Sigh* every night I will remind myself not to fall for him, but every time i see him, I can't help myself. He is not the particularly handsome type, but he just gives off an irresistable charm. What can i do? It is affecting the other aspects of my life.

when the mind is weak, the flesh is even worst.

the fact is, you CAN help yourself but you are choosing to close all of your reasonable thoughts. your life is not about him. only when you appreciate other things that has made your life to be what it is today [minus him], and that is "the other aspects of your life", that [i believe] you start to be grateful and living life joyfully and peacefully.

please do accept my apologies, and prayers, for your well being.

Yup. Don't get your briefs/jockstraps/thongs/boxers up in a bunch... it was just plain ol' sarcasm.

And also a wake up call to those with suicidal tendencies. But then again, if someone's suicidal, their brains are probably too fried to understand that quote.

we may not have Riko's ability to not bothered with life happening, but we should at least learn to have a positive outlook in life.

I just realised you said that about me.

I RESENT THAT!!

Lol... Nah, I'm just kidding.

But yeah, I'm just telling you people how I feel about relationships right now. And everyone's wondering why open relationships are so common. But I'm not saying that I believe in open relationships.

I still feel that relationships should remain exclusive to 2 people at a time.

I feel that I would much rather channel my energy towards more beneficial mediums, like catching up on my education and picking a possible career route in the future.

Think about your 'other' future rather than your love life. I used to think that even if I was poor and scrimping to survive, all I needed was the love of my life to keep me happy.

I don't think the love of your life would be happy if both of you were broke right?

Call me superficial, but I'm programmed like that. ;)

have been dedicating songs for others, now this song is dedicated to myself...

梁汉文 - 七友

作曲: 雷颂德 作词: 林夕

为了她 又再勉强去谈天论爱

又再振作去慰解他人

如难复合便尽早放开

凡事看开

又再讲 没有情人时还可自爱

忘掉或是为自己感慨

笑住说沉沦那些苦海

会有害

因为我坚强到利用自己的痛心

转换成爱心

抵我对她操心

已记不起我也有权利爱人

谁人曾照顾过我的感受

待我温柔 吻过我伤口

能得到的安慰是失恋者得救后很感激忠诚的狗

谁人曾介意我也不好受

为我出头 碰过我的手

重生者走得的都走

谁人又为天使忧愁

甜言蜜语没有 但却有我这个好友

直到她 又再告诉我重新被爱

又再看透了我的将来

完成任务后大可喝采

无谓搭台

别怪她 就怪我永远难得被爱

然后自虐地赞她可爱

往日最彷徨那刻

好彩有我在

白雪公主不多

认命扮矮人的有太多个

早有六个

多我这个不多

我太好心还是太傻

未问过她 有没有理我的感受

待我温柔 吻过我伤口

能得到的安慰是失恋者得救后很感激忠诚的狗

谁人曾介意我也不好受

为我出头 碰过我的手

重生者走得的都走

谁人又为天使忧愁

甜言蜜语没有 但却有我这个好友

hi guest

the phase is a quote from Phil Donahue, a TV personal in the 1970s.

if you read it again, it is more of a mockry, imagine using a sledge hammer to open a can of jam...

I get the idea but then not everyone is as well read as you. :(

I was afraid that some members may end up with the wrong idea especially those suicidal ones.

Psychologist have studied the impact of the word 'suicide' on the abovementioned group and have come to the conclusion that it should never be mentioned during a conselling session.

yes, it is very easy to slip into the low state again. I read that some people are more prone to feel down and low. As much as I try, I just can't to shake the blues away.

I have thought of ending it all, but more in a passive way. Not that I will actually DO something about it, but I just wish that I am not here anymore, like just vanish.

Anyone can help me?

I have thought of ending it all, but more in a passive way. Not that I will actually DO something about it, but I just wish that I am not here anymore, like just vanish.

Anyone can help me?

maybe you would like to try this support group.

www.oogachaga.com

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

I once call the SOS hotline because a friend of was set on killing himself due to failed relationship. I asked the counselor how to dissuade someone from killing themselves.

The counselor tells me that there is no way; you can dissuade someone from killing themselves once they made up their mind. But for those who really need help, there are many avenues for help available.

Guest, if you really want help, you must change your mindset, only then, will counseling help YOU.

yes. it is very difficult to see the whole picture, when you are in the midst of it.

Sometimes your brain tells you that this is wrong, you should not be thinking like this, but your heart just feels naturally down.

It is like your brain will tell you not to fall for so and so, but just can't help it. Just does not have the mental discipline.

yes. it is very difficult to see the whole picture, when you are in the midst of it.

Sometimes your brain tells you that this is wrong, you should not be thinking like this, but your heart just feels naturally down.

It is like your brain will tell you not to fall for so and so, but just can't help it. Just does not have the mental discipline.

It is true that many would have clouded judgment when hit by affairs of the heart, everything seems hopeless and helpless.

I believe many whom have gone through relationship/s would be able to tell you it is tough when things don't go your way. But for the many that have come out of tough times and found their love, they will attest that there is always someone else just around the corners, it just needs you to get to that corner.

• 3 weeks later...

I felt like the planet Pluto,

so distant that i can only see his shadow

Circling around the sun of mine

Maintaining an eccentric orbit

At times I felt close to him

But mainly he felt far

Wondering when he will drop me off

From the planets in his heart…

Guest PlutoNoMore
I felt like the planet Pluto,

so distant that i can only see his shadow

Circling around the sun of mine

Maintaining an eccentric orbit

At times I felt close to him

But mainly he felt far

Wondering when he will drop me off

From the planets in his heart…

and once they called it a Planet

the solar system that embodied and entwined

just like our life that depended on her astrological and astronomical calculations

it was too far

and we could only believe it was a part of us

but now

Pluto remained only in the memory

the Planet once that was in the vocabulary

perhaps, as the world say good bye to Pluto

and so are we

It sure feels terrible to be ignored by the person you like. The person i like is ignoring me now. It is even worse as he is always talking to the people around me. :(

I so very much want to let you, but everytime i see him... :(

last night, the sun snapped at pluto

coz pluto wanted to know what's bothering the sun

the sun mentioned they are not in a relation and not in the sun's intention to have 1

the sun also said pluto tried too hard to please, and too noisy

pluto's skipped his orbit today...

It sure feels terrible to be ignored by the person you like. The person i like is ignoring me now. It is even worse as he is always talking to the people around me. :(

Well, if you and him are still "new" .... forget about him and move on.

As for myself, I am seeing my 10 year relationship withering like an autumn leaf. I am doing my best, but he is asking for "free space" after 10 years. Hahaha, I know what he actually wants considering he more and more interesting life style. Yes, he suddenly changed. No problem, I will give him "free space" for now to think or do whatever he is longing to. He does not have to tell and I will not ask.

If we could be together, that will be nice. Of course, I am sad. But, I need the other hand to clap. It's better for me to move on while I am still young ...

Well, if you and him are still "new" .... forget about him and move on.

As for myself, I am seeing my 10 year relationship withering like an autumn leaf. I am doing my best, but he is asking for "free space" after 10 years. Hahaha, I know what he actually wants considering he more and more interesting life style. Yes, he suddenly changed. No problem, I will give him "free space" for now to think or do whatever he is longing to. He does not have to tell and I will not ask.

If we could be together, that will be nice. Of course, I am sad. But, I need the other hand to clap. It's better for me to move on while I am still young ...

i am sorry to hear this. indeed, it is sad to let go something that you have built, for so long, and suddenly you have to offer your hand 'clapping' along with him.

i am wondering - can't the situation be reversed? 10 years is just a waste to throw it down the drain, without making an effort for a come-back. have a good talk. perhaps, getting someone who care for your relationship, and get you and your bf sit together, might save the situation.

wishing you all the strength.

last night, the sun snapped at pluto

coz pluto wanted to know what's bothering the sun

the sun mentioned they are not in a relation and not in the sun's intention to have 1

the sun also said pluto tried too hard to please, and too noisy

pluto's skipped his orbit today...

it is said that, when there's solar flare, some planets might be destroyed. the sun is just too hot for human to comprehend - though it seems beautiful admiring it from the distance.

it is sad, but maybe for the better, that Pluto drops out of the planetary orbit. perhaps, Pluto is better with all that is near to it. as long as the sun can beam her beauty, and Pluto remains not in the dark, there is always tomorrow.

and as Pluto not deemed suitable, you have always been a Planet known to many. encase all the past and let it be a lesson for tomorrow.

How metaphoric. Pluto has been renamed "134340".... it is now just another number for one of the thousands of asteroids out there. Is this what happens when our time is up? :blink:

Incidentally, someone jumped off my block two weeks ago. I only knew about it when I saw the funeral at my void deck and the resident ah soh updated me on what happened (apparently, he fell right next to where she was just about to pick up some cardboard boxes). I didn't know the guy. But he was young... about 20yo, very good looking (err.. based on the photo I saw... :ph34r: ) and apparently popular as he has almost his entire cohort from his polytechnic (many many more yummy boys!! :oops: ) at the funeral. But he gave his life up coz he couldn't stand the pressure of life :unsure:

Let's not be just another statistic. There's more to life than falling in love, facing breakups, etc. Just savour every moment and make the best of it.

It's really ironic to see those suffering from Cancer, the disable and the handicap people etc. still struggling to live life while the young and able choose to end theirs.

Not only do they live life, they try to live it to the fullest.

Notice how the poor and the needy in less developed areas battle each and every day just to bring food to the table and staying alive?

While we here in sg are looking at ways and means of ending our lives over lost love, and not without announcing it to the world first to get noticed: look here! I am heart broken! I want to die! Comfort me!

gachi may say: Counselling is the key

I say: good riddance.

:B) :thumb:

just pop in to say a few words...

though Pluto isnt too successful, the alter ego oralb is nursing in the land of smiles :P

dont worry, the last i would think of is sucide. i wrote my posting mostly as a venting purpose. i felt better when i wrote the things out rather than letting it bottle up inside.

yes you are right, there are always more unfortunate pple around us, we are not the worst, and if one has the courage to take one's life, why not take that courage to live on?

the plantetary discussion is so apt and beautifully written!

there again, there's no point killing over lost love.

been thru that stage personally, and took me years to got over.

but once that stage comes, it just a bunch of numbers eg "134340" to you.

true, it still orbit around you but then

so are many of the celestial bodies...

That day will come! just a matter of time

pluto knows that the sun isnt the best place to be in, getting too closed will be burned to ashes, but somehow pluto still faithfully follow the stupid orbit of his...

hi snow:

i read somewhere that said the following:

"sometimes the greatest courage is to let go" when it really wasnt meant to be, have a good cry, wash you face and start another chapter of your life...

• 6 months later...
Guest BigYellowTaxi

Hi guys, was checking out the older threads. Thought to share this meaningful song from the wonderful Joni Mitchell.

This song sums up pretty much about love, life and just about everything else.

You've got to listen to Joni's version NOT Judy Collins, Judy's version is blah....

BOTH SIDES NOW - Joni Mitchell

Rows and floes of angel hair

And ice cream castles in the air

And feather canyons evrywhere

Ive looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun

They rain and snow on evryone

So many things I would have done

But clouds got in my way

Ive looked at clouds from both sides now

From up and down, and still somehow

Its cloud illusions I recall

I really dont know clouds at all

Moons and junes and ferris wheels

The dizzy dancing way you feel

As evry fairy tale comes real

Ive looked at love that way

But now its just another show

You leave em laughing when you go

And if you care, dont let them know

Dont give yourself away

Ive looked at love from both sides now

From give and take, and still somehow

Its loves illusions I recall

I really dont know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud

To say I love you right out loud

Dreams and schemes and circus crowds

Ive looked at life that way

But now old friends are acting strange

They shake their heads, they say Ive changed

Well somethings lost, but somethings gained

In living every day

Ive looked at life from both sides now

From win and lose and still somehow

Its lifes illusions I recall

I really dont know life at all

Ive looked at life from both sides now

From up and down, and still somehow

Its lifes illusions I recall

I really dont know life at all

Guest BigYellowTaxi

OralB: Thanks for the link to YouTube. So moving her performance! I don't supposed you're a big fan too?

Eragon: Hi, you might wanna check out this used CD shop at Marina Square: EarzMusic - the used music depot (near the bowling alley area). They may have DG's Electric Youth. I found Faye Wong's 1995 concert cd there. They got lots of old cds that people don't listen anymore.

• Guest locked this topic