Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

5 hours ago, Ironrod said:

After reading this thread......I realize...BW has a lot of old ppl.....all the movies are so ancient like we are living in the past......

Yes, especially people like me.   If you haven't got scared already,  I'll send you a picture of me, and you will poop in your pants!

My bloody eyes, my toothless sarcastic sadistic smile, the folds of dead skin hanging down my eyes, my twisted neck, burned ears and a hole where my nose once was. I spit blood as I speak,  and the grass dies as soon as I step on it.  I have to type slowly since my cut off hands were replaced by hooks and I have to strain to see through the swarm of fleas that circle around my head. If I smile for too long, the snakes inside me will start to peak out.  And I constantly have to swipe off the green stuff that drips from the hole in my face.

About the "horror" I have seen posted here,  instead of being scared my thoughts always go for the cinematographic tricks they use to create the "horrors", and when it gets too gory and too obvious I get to chuckle a little.   I have not experienced anything in my long life that gives me true horror,  and I hope I won't ever feel it.   

12 hours ago, Ironrod said:

After reading this thread......I realize...BW has a lot of old ppl.....all the movies are so ancient like we are living in the past......

Anyways, I recommend "Suspiria" 2018 as it's one of my recent favorites.

Unfortunately 90s produce some of the best drama,  movies,  songs etc....why are contestant still singing songs from the 90s in 2019?

Those were the days when technology have not taken over and plots/ story lines became important,  not like most movies now just focus on creating special effects using technology. 

10 hours ago, thorzguy said:

I do quite like horror movie. So many of my friends labeled me as "mad, crazy" - why do you want to scare yourself? :blink:

Come to think about it - most horror movies do have some stories behind, especially Thai production: hatred, jealousy, fame, greed - resulting in a person death and the unwillingness to let go, thus the haunting begins...

Thai are deeply influenced by Buddhism and therefore the concept of karma is an important factor in their daily life including movies. 

Edited by Letsrelaxpp

11 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

citation:

Blowing Wind is a Forum for the Mature Singapore Gay Man

----------------------------------------------

Ko Hinemoa, ko ahau.

That is a good one and i was utterly shocked by the options given

anything older than conjuring is way too old

i saw a hK one not even a horror movie??

iron rod, some classic and good movies may nt be as recent

i dont thk suspiria is worth mentioning

for suspense horror (nt exactly ghost) w a strong theme - it has to be “Saw” 

14 hours ago, Ironrod said:

For anything common, frens kept posting them on fb

which could b comedy horror

https://www.facebook.com/OnlineSeeFirst/videos/389332888282875?sfns=mo

Most directors r confused between disgusting n horror.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

3 hours ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Unfortunately 90s produce some of the best drama,  movies,  songs etc....why are contestant still singing songs from the 90s in 2019?

Those were the days when technology have not taken over and plots/ story lines became important,  not like most movies now just focus on creating special effects using technology. 

Thai are deeply influenced by Buddhism and therefore the concept of karma is an important factor in their daily life including movies. 

That is true. I do find their movies rather meaningful. :)

Guest Memoire/
18 hours ago, Ironrod said:

The government also never fail to bring up old Singapore stories and its related movies to bring a point and people are still buying it and kindergarden students were also taught to know old stuffs.

Guest horror or not?

Is "Get Out" a horror movie?

Watched it but not sure if it is seen as a horror movie.

Because it is from 2017 and not the dark Pontianak ages....

Guest Hong Kong
20 minutes ago, Guest Memoire/ said:

The government also never fail to bring up old Singapore stories and its related movies to bring a point and people are still buying it and kindergarden students were also taught to know old stuffs.

You mean smthg like this :)

Guest Kee Chiu

I never get tired watching HK old TV movies in the 80s, but somehow get bored easily mid-way watching local TV drama even in current days.  HK movies tend to be riched in plot and realistic.  Local movies tend to be, how do put it...politically correct.  

Thanks everyone for your recommendations! Very much appreciate them! I'll have a look at as many of them as I can. ^^ It's also really nice to know that there are still some guys who like watching horror. Hahahaha. 

"Horror is the removal of masks." - Robert Bloch.

Guest potato chips
1 hour ago, boredpotato said:

Thanks everyone for your recommendations! Very much appreciate them! I'll have a look at as many of them as I can. ^^ It's also really nice to know that there are still some guys who like watching horror. Hahahaha. 

Can you still eat potato chips while you watch a horror movie?

5 minutes ago, Guest potato chips said:

Can you still eat potato chips while you watch a horror movie?

That's a very random question. Hahahaha. I can, but I usually don't munch while watching movies cos I find it rather distracting. 

Guest disclosed yourself
3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are living in a real life horror movie in singapore under the current government!

I thought it's more of a comedy?

In particular, after the cancellation of that concert of that attention seeking heavy metal band and the demagogic use of one minister to put a picture which was taken after the cancellation into the justification for cancelling the concert, ...  the fingers didn't point against Christianity but maybe against the one who was responsible for the cancellation???

Is Singapore still a secular state?

At the yahoo website I accidently bumped on the comments, people linked the heavy metal group with Pink Dot or gay, just wonder how they made that connection....

Often Singapore is still a kampong...

If any rock group in future openly declares they are atheists, will the concert then be cancelled?

On 3/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

citation:

Blowing Wind is a Forum for the Mature Singapore Gay Man

----------------------------------------------

Ko Hinemoa, ko ahau.

You are perfectly right!

This being said, you can like an old vintage movie without being a contemporary of its first release.

5 hours ago, boredpotato said:

You're welcome.

Just a last one "for the road", as we way here: "Night of the Living Dead", by George Romero, 1970 or around (ok, it is prehistory, but it is a good classic).

Enjoy!

Guest Try and see
On 3/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, Ironrod said:

Actually, I think it's because those born in the Gen X and earlier eras take the time to share the good horror movies that they remember from their time.

I have noticed that for online posts, usually the "older" people take the time and have more patience to share stuff. 

Millennials usually don't bother to reply to posts that don't interest them, even if they may have helpful information that would benefit the OP. Or maybe there really are no memorable good horror movies in their era.

So it may give the impression that BW has a lot of "old" people, which might not be the case in reality.

Guest Blank
On 3/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, Nightingale said:

If you want to be scared, don’t watch Asian supernaturals because their ghosts (especially Chinese ones) are not scary.  Also, your immunity to horrors will increase if you watch the same series e.g. Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was really horrifying for my first view but subsequent sequels no longer thrill me.

My recommendations (subjective) for English horrors:

1.  Dead Silence

2.  Devil (story about 5 trapped in a lift)

3.  Drag Me to Hell

4.  Silent Hill

5.  The Eye

6.  The Fog

7.  The Hills Have Eyes

8.  The Island

9.  The Uninvited

My only Chinese (HK movie) recommendation is this one I watched in 1982

凶榜 (The Imp)  starring Charlie Chin 秦祥林

https://baike.baidu.com/item/凶榜/81989

Chinese horror movies also very scary, Like 僵尸先生... 

English horrors are just jump scenes that make you feel frighten only

Even thai and Korean horror movies are pretty good too. I've watched a lot of horror movies, some fr cinema and others fr YouTube or websites, especially older films 

Guest Blank
On 3/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, Ironrod said:

You die le, you're going to start a war by associating bw-ers as old acient gay men, which are seen to be unattractive and turn off. 

Few men I've seen over 40 still have that cute handsome face and strong fit body. But I'm somehow still attracted to a small few of them sometimes - no idea why...

Guest disclosed yourself
3 hours ago, Nightingale said:

I was just making a generalisation.  Sure there are a selected scary ones from Korean, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian but most of others are not scary e.g.

Actually, if I see it correctly, the scariest horror movie in your life would be if you once see the ghostly face of Guest Dirty Auntie in real. I bet!

[creepy echos of laughter from the off]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kua hinga te totara i te wao nui a Tane.

Guest disclosed yourself

I don't see any zombie on that pic. Are you fantasising?

I only see a clean cut face from a non smoker with these nice stubbles on top of the head, which are perfectly made to sit next to him on a sofa and to smoothly run through the hair stubbles with your fingers or watch them with open window while the wind breezes through the flat and the hair stubbles shiver in the air.

I m sure the other will purr, once you run your fingers smoothly through the hair stubbles on top of the head....

[purr sounds with increasing loudness fading in and out from the off]

-------------------------------------------------------

He maroro kokati ihu waka.

Guest ScaryMovies
15 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

I don't see any zombie on that pic. Are you fantasising?

I only see a clean cut face from a non smoker with these nice stubbles on top of the head, which are perfectly made to sit next to him on a sofa and to smoothly run through the hair stubbles with your fingers or watch them with open window while the wind breezes through the flat and the hair stubbles shiver in the air.

I m sure the other will purr, once you run your fingers smoothly through the hair stubbles on top of the head....

[purr sounds with increasing loudness fading in and out from the off]

-------------------------------------------------------

He maroro kokati ihu waka.

Now that is what I call fantasising. Thanks for providing us the entertainment here. Kum Sia or should I say arigato...oops.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

Actually, if I see it correctly, the scariest horror movie in your life would be if you once see the ghostly face of Guest Dirty Auntie in real. I bet!

[creepy echos of laughter from the off]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kua hinga te totara i te wao nui a Tane.

oh, perhaps you are talking about yourself while looking at yourself in the mirror and rhen accusatory insist that guest guest is actually guest 2 and guest dirty whatever, 

you yourself is the scary horrific one.

At least u toned down all those crazy long winded response.

Whew, we get a break from rhose cheong hei nonsense.

Keyboard fatigue perhaps.

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

oh, perhaps you are talking about yourself while looking at yourself in the mirror and rhen accusatory insist that guest guest is actually guest 2 and guest dirty whatever, 

you yourself is the scary horrific one.

At least u toned down all those crazy long winded response.

Whew, we get a break from rhose cheong hei nonsense.

Keyboard fatigue perhaps.

Can't be , if I look into the mirror I only see Queen Priscilla from the Desert....

I just had a terrible scary flashback (even without haven taken any drugs) and seriously already thought Guest Horror Scary Movie, Guest Guest, Guest Guest 2 is actually the same person as Guest Dirty Auntie. damn...  it's a horror I bet.

Nice to read that you and all your sissy sisters are back to the scene... but the Blowing Wind readers actually hope that your Keyboard breaks down (forever)...

Yep get back to the topic... or the moderators will scare the hell out of you....  what a horror!

[loud screams from the off]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He patu te ua ki runga, he ngutu wāhine ki raro.

Guest Blank
16 hours ago, Nightingale said:

I was just making a generalisation.  Sure there are a selected scary ones from Korean, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian but most of others are not scary e.g.

For those who really are a level above, you won't just based on jump scenes to conclude it as a good horror movie. This Korean movie 'The Wailing' is an example. The overall plot is important (to me) and not sth too shallow.

There are good English horror too but can't remember now :unsure:

16 hours ago, Guest Folklore said:

Oooh! I have heard about this! I completely forgot to check it out and I didn't realise so many months has passed since it's release? I'll definitely look out for where I can watch this series. 

I don't know if y'all have ever heard of this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/crypttv?

They have done up some original content and some reviews of a couple of horror-related media. I think their original content is pretty well done and they are supposed to all take place in the same universe so all their series are connected. Not exactly scary, but interesting. Y'all can check it out when y'all have the time? 

Dk if you're still open for recommendations but my personal fav is Evil Dead (2013). Watched it around 5 times but never get bored of it. Mh friends don't like the movie tho. 

Another one is Lights Out (2016). It's based from a short film jumpscare. Amazed at how they can create a movie based on one jumpscare. 

Those two are my personal fav, sad that majority don't enjoy them :/ 

On 3/24/2019 at 12:47 AM, dotdotboy said:

Dk if you're still open for recommendations but my personal fav is Evil Dead (2013). Watched it around 5 times but never get bored of it. Mh friends don't like the movie tho. 

Another one is Lights Out (2016). It's based from a short film jumpscare. Amazed at how they can create a movie based on one jumpscare. 

wow, she was raped by a demon tree

Guest light

shit. my heart really jumps out when watching the lights out trailer. I read thru the wiki for the story. It reminds me of a movie I watched before very long time ago. I think it is called amazing story. every episode is a new story. the ghost scared of light. and I just remembered the end that till old age the guy has to be always in light. always with a torch light or something, cant really remember. 

On 3/23/2019 at 10:23 PM, Tampenises said:

DON’T BREATHE

Intense thriller with horrifying scenes.

https://youtu.be/76yBTNDB6vU

I quite liked this movie! It was suspenseful and thrilling but wasn't really scary though. 

I will check out Evil Dead this weekend! I have caught Lights Out but I didn't really find it fun to watch. It got quite dry and boring after awhile. :/ 

Guest hong kong
On 3/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, boredpotato said:

Hello! 

So I was looking around for horror movie recommendations and I realise too many people are not comfortable/scared of horror movies.

But, I'm the weirdo who laughs at horror movies - just trying my luck to see if there are any recommendations for shows that might scare me a little? 

child ghost horror movie

On 3/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, boredpotato said:

Hello! 

So I was looking around for horror movie recommendations and I realise too many people are not comfortable/scared of horror movies.

But, I'm the weirdo who laughs at horror movies - just trying my luck to see if there are any recommendations for shows that might scare me a little? 

Conjuring made me laugh too. What's Ur recommendation?

Guest Blank

You should watch the original Evil Dead in the 1980s if not mistaken.

Lights out is good only at the beginning. Not a bad horror. 

Nobody watched my Korean recommendation?

• 4 weeks later...

Any Marvel fans out there? 

The Avengers had been so emotionally tiring movie to watch, but still loved it. Watched it twice already and planning a third time soon! 

A. The Marvel Movies had been so successful. Who do you think the credit for the success should be given to the most?

1. Stan Lee and Comic Writers?

2. Production team and back end crew led by producers, directors and writers?

3. The charming actors on screen such as Iron Man, Capt and Thor?

4. Social Media?? Lol

I think for me would be 2. The production team. DC has some great Heroes too. But the movies were not very well made. Shazam had so much potential. But it fell short. Superman vs Batman fell short too. Wonder woman was better, but quite a few unanswered holes. I Like Aquaman, but that's just one movie. 

Marvel movies has a good mix of action, humour, emotions and storyline of each character, well planned timeline and music.

B. Another discussion more related to BW forum. Who is your favourite eye candy among the avengers? Let's vote!!

Tom Hollands (Spiderman) is cute!

don't quite agree with their 'theory' in this movie

don't click below if you have not watch

as much as it could be their own saying/theory to keep some characters alive, it just doesn't make sense on their time travelling theory - what you change in the past won't affect the future (if I understood what they said in the movie correctly)

for instance, nebula 2023 killed nebula 2014, how can nebula 2023 still be alive? *scratch head*

[\spoiler]

Edited by -honey-

@-honey- 

Cos Marvel’s time travel is not singular, it’s ‘many worlds’ branched timelines.while it’s confusing within the movie as it seems some events contradict the rules that were set, the Russo brothers have clarified some of these stories may be told in future in Disney’s upcoming streaming series.

Edited by poet

... journey through my fractured mind,

a fragment at a time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.