Male HQ

CNY Gathering dinner @ Tue 16th Feb 7pm

Guest fresh

hi.

was thinkin of having a get together session on a weekday evening where thers less ppl around.

those joining must bring some light snacks to share.

what do u guys think??

hmmmm do you have a place in mind?....weekday migth be hard for pple...but i guess if we make the date known early then it is not a problem. Anyway, let me know howie2880@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

The previous organiser of the recent X'mas and NY Gathering already has a plan for the upcoming CNY party. We just have to wait to get a green light from the board of BW moderators :) .. we'll let you updated on this. In the meantime, anyone who is keen to attend can express their interest by sending me email .. thanks ..

PS. Coolspecs, are you eager to help us for the preparation?

Edited by unitight

The previous organiser of the recent X'mas and NY Gathering already has a plan for the upcoming CNY party. All we have to wait is to get a green light from the board of BW moderators :) .. we'll let you updated on this. In the meantime, anyone who is keen to attend can express their interest by sending me email .. thanks ..

PS. Coolspecs, are you eager to help us for the preparation?

Eager as a raving rabbit!

Guys I am so sorry that I am unable to host the CNY celebration as I will be in Hong Kong for two weeks.

Perhaps, the Easter bunny.... :rolleyes:

Then as host, you must wear bunny costume and we shall hunt for the easter eggs... Or we could all wear bunny ears... Haha...

"i acknowledge your opinion and i hope you can acknowledge mine"- a wise man once told me...

its the year of the tiger lets put on our tiger strip undies

hi.

Have decide to hold the gathering on 18 feb 2010.

Location would be in the East.

pls e-mial to connect@live.com.sg

cheers

hi.

Have decide to hold the gathering on 18 feb 2010.

Location would be in the East.

pls e-mial to connect@live.com.sg

cheers

Well, its good to have a few gatherings with different organizer so people can choose which they interested to go, but Fresh, what the hell do u think this is? If u want people to treat u and your gathering seriously can u at least register as a member and provide more details? Whats stopping u?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest confused

If u want people to treat u and your gathering seriously can u at least register as a member and provide more details? Whats stopping u?

Confused le

so mean the -fresh- one did not official and not getting approval? btw why the one by unitight need approval ha?

Is BW Moderator a Mata? No Mata approval can not go on?

Quite true - Fresh - why u did not register as member? (Same with me - my reason I afraid being bitched by the registered members here) But - Fresh - what is ur reason?

imchaser how can u have the idea - Fresh - wanna being treat? he did not mention it (organizer got free meals) ...

Or That's what happened to last few gatherings? someone took advantages on others? I never join any so dont know and dont care .... just funny to read this statement .......

Cunfused.

Anyone can organise a gathering. BW mods are not mata to approve/dis-approve gatherings. We leave it to the organisers and our members to decide.

We are only particular if the organisers uses the name of BW without the approval of BW mods.

In layman's terms, you can call your gathering 'CNY Gathering' but if you are going to call it 'BW CNY Gathering' then you will have to get approval from BW mods.

Most of the organisers (unitight, JurongWest, Akated, etc.) in our past events are usually members whom we have known and who contributes their post to BW. Though we may have never met them until they organised or attended out events, but in some ways we already 'know' who they are, because of their online persona.

I am personally weary of guest who's only means of contact is their email. But hey, that's only me. You guys are free to decide what you want to do with your email and phone no.

Personally, I would rather go with Unitight events since I've attended the event he had organised.

Fresh and Unitight could even join resources if they wants to.

Personally .. I myself and JurongWest have no objection whatsoever to merge our CNY gathering with other members/non members. We would welcome anyone who has the initiatives to organise an event.

But as GM mentioned in his previous post, so far we only organise a Blowingwind authorised event (for BW registered members only)- with the approval of BW moderators. Although there is no written rules about it, we will organise it in proper manner (with registration, email notification few days before the event, etc) so that members did not feel 'cheated' by the mishandling of some of their personal details such as phone numbers etc as we do respect the members privacy.

So, Fresh .. why don't you register yourself as a member and .. I'd welcome you to email me, should you wish to merge your get together as a BW CNY Gathering event.

Unitght, I think it would be best to leave it to -fresh- to whether he is keen to do this together... Maybe he got other plan in mind on his own gathering...

Why not start the ball rolling with some idea and dates to see how member react.. Well we do have to take into consideration with the fact that it is CNY gathering so i am suggesting to have steamboat dinner...

We collect a certain amount from members/guests who are attending and then we work within the budget on the food... I think this will really be nice for member to hang out and chit chat and take time to eat...

Let make this gathering more intimate (and by that i am not meaning sex)... I really think this would be a nice change from the past gathering...

So members do keep the suggestion coming...

Coolspec: Time for you to put on your thinking cap and make this work... hahaha

Jurong West

*When there is love, There is HOPE...*

In layman's terms, you can call your gathering 'CNY Gathering' but if you are going to call it 'BW CNY Gathering' then you will have to get approval from BW mods.

Perhaps it would be good if GM or any other BW moderators can create a guidelines on how to organise a proper BW gathering or just a normal gathering and post it permanently on BW forum so that in the future, anyone who would like to organise any gathering, can refer to these guidelines. This is to avoid any confusion and also to encourage members or guests such as fresh and forumdudez to organise any events that may cater for different types of people.

Unitght, I think it would be best to leave it to -fresh- to whether he is keen to do this together... Maybe he got other plan in mind on his own gathering...

Why not start the ball rolling with some idea and dates to see how member react.. Well we do have to take into consideration with the fact that it is CNY gathering so i am suggesting to have steamboat dinner...

We collect a certain amount from members/guests who are attending and then we work within the budget on the food... I think this will really be nice for member to hang out and chit chat and take time to eat...

Let make this gathering more intimate (and by that i am not meaning sex)... I really think this would be a nice change from the past gathering...

So members do keep the suggestion coming...

Coolspec: Time for you to put on your thinking cap and make this work... hahaha

I only ever attended 1 Lunar New Year gathering... The most fun thing I remember was the lo hei.

Uhm, I also not sure the intimate is how leh? And steamboat is eat at restaurant right? Like beach road there... Not sure if that can be considered intimate. I am not very experienced with steamboat too. But I am willing to research on it. So we want some place that is not going to be too crowded. And if anyone has any good places to recommend, am all ears.

I seem to be unable to put together coherent thoughts. Maybe later on in the day, I will think more. And post more. Meanwhile do keep the suggestions coming!!!

"i acknowledge your opinion and i hope you can acknowledge mine"- a wise man once told me...

Darling, Intimate means something simple and very casual where all can chat, chill and not rush like mad..

Initial idea that we have is to maybe gathering at someone place and then we can have a nice simple steamboat dinner and then afterwhioh we can chill or maybe watch some DVD together...

But, we having problem with the place now still thus we need to rethink the plan again...

Jurong West

*When there is love, There is HOPE...*

Perhaps it would be good if GM or any other BW moderators can create a guidelines on how to organise a proper BW gathering or just a normal gathering and post it permanently on BW forum so that in the future, anyone who would like to organise any gathering, can refer to these guidelines. This is to avoid any confusion and also to encourage members or guests such as fresh and forumdudez to organise any events that may cater for different types of people.

I dont think GM meant you need a guideline to organize a gathering. You are free to organize a gathering and you are welcome to use this forum to publicize.

We are just caution to have others adding the term "BW" as some may see that the forum has sanction or has involvement in the organizing of the gathering. As the gathering is hosted by individual, we have little or no control over the outcome.

Moreover, we usually use the word BW gathering on a more formal occasion, like the Anniversary gathering. Informal gathering, for example Gachi recently co-organize a few Karaoke nights, he didnt use the "BW".

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

But, we having problem with the place now still thus we need to rethink the plan again...

So mean no date and place fix yet?

I really wish can join le (But monday flying bkk and than homeland for cny)

Any chances it was arround the "15th" of lunar new year?

Wish can join the lo hei so can 转祸为福

In case u had it while I can not join .... here by

我 祝福 大家 恭贺新禧 新年快乐

Just Ordinary Guy Next Door who is fun fearless and love travelling"

The CNY gathering dinner will be held on 3rd day of CNY, Tuesday, 16th February at 7pm in a central area along the MRT green line. It will be a steamboat dinner (halal) with a post dinner get together as usual in a 24 hours coffee shop nearby. Price per person is $30+ (incl GST+Service charge). Members are encouraged to use public transport as it will be held within the train station vicinity so it is indeed a strategic location.

Registration will be closed on Thursday, 11th February or when it reaches 15 persons whichever comes first. Please send your name, email and contact number to me if you are interested attending this event.

Edited by unitight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic