Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

Imagine the kind of THICK SKIN and BIG BALLS you need to have and still sleep soundly every night.

If anything.... if there really is a GOD, this god is ONLY REWARDING church leaders of the world who dare to live larger-then-life lifestyle.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Just some example of how SIMILAR the lifestyle and rationale of these religious leaders/couples and their spending justification....TAX FREE

Edited by upshot

And they are making their way to Asia if not already here and building up their flock of sheep (money slaves)

Edited by upshot

And they are making their way to Asia if not already here and building up their flock of sheep (money slaves)

Those vdos show the disgusting wealth accumulation n disregard for public accountability in many US based mega churches! How the US IRS permits salaries for such pastors to be set by their fellow mega rich pastors is just mind numbingly ridiculous!

Equally sad, Asia's media are often organs of the state n lack the balls to investigate the money making shenanigans of churches here.

Guest Arise you heathen !

Those vdos show the disgusting wealth accumulation n disregard for public accountability in many US based mega churches! How the US IRS permits salaries for such pastors to be set by their fellow mega rich pastors is just mind numbingly ridiculous!

Equally sad, Asia's media are often organs of the state n lack the balls to investigate the money making shenanigans of churches here.

Asia's media are organ of the state , as oppose to the western media pretending to be independent ? Or under the profit eye of moguls ?

Don't use any opportunity to attack asia la , best not to dirty the place you reside .

I would say one thing though , the rise of these mega churches in asia show how much asia should reject such western practices .

The west have been for quite a while now , by hook or by crook been trying to convert Asia to the Christian world. And I am sure the arm twisting by successive presidents of USA helped too ...

Reject it all !!

Local religious groups also are not 100% supervises here due to it's sensitive nature and since people tend to be emotional about it then using logic and common sense so they walk around egg shell when dealing with religions. It's the same very where. This one cuts too close to politics and control.. an entire nation can "flip' over night from listening to the govt to listen to a religious leader and overturn an entire country in a short while.

You can see that happen in history and even in recent history and closer to home like in the Philippines.. when the power of the Catholic church force an entire political group to be taken down and replaces with one the church prefer and have control over. Example Arroyo.

So in Singapore unless there is a 100% money paper trail they can attack with damage solid evidence, they will not persecute. In this CHC case, there was. Thus they went after them.. that way they have good proof and can justify their action in case the religion influence is used again them. For now they have noting solid directly to whack Sun Ho but I am sure they are looking out for it. The moment they have physical proof.. she and anyone else that escape this time might not be that lucky I am sure of it.

GOOGLE is our best way to find out if what I say is real or fake.. there are too many historical facts out there for anyone to deny that this is not happening and that religion is all about goodness and no one is hurt by it....especially when that power of influence is wield by really bad people. Just because he or she did not outright kill like Hitler or ISIS..does not mean they are not doing it some other way.

Singapore churches/temples are exempted from TAX and GST and no documentation is really rigidly requirement. and especially if you give CASH.. there is no trace of it. How do you proof the church or temple collected say for example $10,000 for that one ceremony or church service? I can pocket half and declare the balance half as my "real' takings? And that is if they are even required to declare it in the first place.

There is no better business setup with almost minimum cost but just empty words...heheh many have tried to be truth.. I have seen some small one that branch out from their church to go their own way and fail and some can make enough to survive and then there are the really good one who dare to do anything to find success and those are the ones that becomes mega churches.

Edited by upshot

Asia's media are organ of the state , as oppose to the western media pretending to be independent ? Or under the profit eye of moguls ?

Don't use any opportunity to attack asia la , best not to dirty the place you reside .

The fact is there is a long history of investigative journalists in the west who DO regularly expose a whole range of scandals such as evangelical Christians massive spending habits. Look at the exposure of thalidomide, Enron, UK MPs expenses, wikileaks n so on which the establishment hd all tried to suppress.  

Sure some western media r in the hands of moguls like Rupert Murdoch who pursues his own right wing agenda. But to suggest that most of the western media r shackled is simply not true. Nor is it true I was "attacking" Asia! I was merely stating a fact - with of course some honourable exceptions like Hong Kong's Apple Daily. Surely u r not suggesting there is in fact media freedom in much of Asia?

Guest Arise my foot

The fact is there is a long history of investigative journalists in the west who DO regularly expose a whole range of scandals such as evangelical Christians massive spending habits. Look at the exposure of thalidomide, Enron, UK MPs expenses, wikileaks n so on which the establishment hd all tried to suppress.

Sure some western media r in the hands of moguls like Rupert Murdoch who pursues his own right wing agenda. But to suggest that most of the western media r shackled is simply not true. Nor is it true I was "attacking" Asia! I was merely stating a fact - with of course some honourable exceptions like Hong Kong's Apple Daily. Surely u r not suggesting there is in fact media freedom in much of Asia?

If you want to cherry pick , then look at the whole Iraq war and indeed the various western instigated uprisings in the Middle East and Eastern Europe ... They were spoon fed "info" by " informants " or were they ? Or was it just to find an excuse to maintain thir " objective " independent stats .

Please la , don't come here to preach your values in Asia ... Whether independent or not ... You are imposing your western perceptions and values . We are not equal and will never be . The west wants things fom Asia , not the other way round , just remember that .

You're as bad as the City harvest church itself !

And you and your honourable ( typical misguided western agenda talk - ) apple daily should just declare dividends to its American masters .... And use the newsprint as toilet paper .

In any case what do the West know about honour ? ....

Enough wasting my time discussing with you .

Actually , Apple daily can be very one sided with their reporting too ,maybe that is what they consider freedom for themselves !

Actually , Apple daily can be very one sided with their reporting too ,maybe that is what they consider freedom for themselves !

Truth be told , I read both Singapore and Hong Kong newspaper , guess what I had discovered all these years , 50% of truth in Singapore and 50% of lies in HK paper !

Enough wasting my time discussing with you .

After that long incoherent rant, what a relief!! Sorry to tell anonymous (odd how they're always anonymous) Im moving nowhere!

The issue is abt investigative reporting. Wasnt it the US edition of Rupert Murdochs Wall Street Journal that exposed the "donations" of $700 million into the Malaysian PMs private accounts? Funny the Malaysian n Singapore media totally missed that one! N didnt the western media report on Thailand towing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar out to sea last May before this was picked up in the Asian media? 

Sure much of the western media is no better than anywhere else. But when it comes to investigative reporting, Asias media moguls are way down the list.

After that long incoherent rant, what a relief!! Sorry to tell anonymous (odd how they're always anonymous) Im moving nowhere!

The issue is abt investigative reporting. Wasnt it the US edition of Rupert Murdochs Wall Street Journal that exposed the "donations" of $700 million into the Malaysian PMs private accounts? Funny the Malaysian n Singapore media totally missed that one! N didnt the western media report on Thailand towing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar out to sea last May before this was picked up in the Asian media?

Sure much of the western media is no better than anywhere else. But when it comes to investigative reporting, Asias media moguls are way down the list.

In Asia ,reporting these days are about copying here and there ...and copying incoorectly at times , in the entertainment section , so many reportts are wrong in Apple Daily , frequently getting the wrong nationality of Asian artistes,reporting wrong performing venue of artistes performances....

Although they are found guilty, as they did wrong, do not add salt and pepper. They are just human beings. Human beings are imperfect in a number of ways. I am not from chc. I am not a christian. Be kind, forgive. Be compassionate while wise.

I just got Sun's first album, Sun with Love (2002) on Carousell.  Her first album is really warm and full of love and inspiration, just the way she should have been.  Full of inspiring messages too!

I would say one thing though , the rise of these mega churches in asia show how much asia should reject such western practices .

The west have been for quite a while now , by hook or by crook been trying to convert Asia to the Christian world. And I am sure the arm twisting by successive presidents of USA helped too ...

Reject it all !!

Why should the West be blamed for this?  I don't read you complaining of having to adopt the car and the cellular phone...

To accept a religion is an exclusive responsibility of the one who accepts it.  I don't see any reason why the East should abandon a wise religion that is more a philosophy like Buddhism to embrace a bunch of fairy tales that is Christianity.    UNLESS the East falls to the temptation to feel "holier than thou" and look down on the poor sinners who don't worship Jesus Christ like they do.  I have noticed, notably among women, an excessive sanctimoniousness in their cult of Christianity, and CHC fits them perfectly and has attracted them like honey attracts the flies.

Guest J Rastafarian

Enough said,

Hate it sun speaks in patois. Love it she says bashment and bullet bullet. 

Bullet bullet connect! That's bounty killers famous catch phrase second only to hey yo yallo level

MR BILL

Lyrics: Sun Ho

Composer: Wyclef Jean

I don't really wanna kill Bill
But if I had to I would kill Bill
If Mr Bill thinks I'm gonna pay his bills
He wants me to cook and wash
He wants me to scrub and mop
But I'm sitting on the side of the bed
Contemplating should I send him to the cemetery rock
I'm sitting on the side of the bed

Every morning
He wakes up for breakfast
I'm still yawning
He don't care if I'm breathless
He wanna know
Early in the morning is the kids in school
Did I make their lunchbox
Did I clean the pool
Bring him the paper
Turn on the coffee maker
Bring a hot cup for the master

But the days of suffering are over
Talking to myself and looking in the mirror
Asking myself if he loves you
How can your eyes be black and blue

My name is called Sun aka Geisha
In Asia where we come from
In Asia we say 一二三四五六七,你好! 

I just got Sun's first album, Sun with Love (2002) on Carousell.  Her first album is really warm and full of love and inspiration, just the way she should have been.  Full of inspiring messages too!

rubbish! i beg that's when this whole saga started!

That "love and inspiration" is all theater, all artificial like plastic flowers.

MR BILL

Lyrics: Sun Ho

Composer: Wyclef Jean

N it was to write n publish this kind of utter crap that the CHC decided to send Sun Ho to live in a Hollywood mansion at $28,000 a month? A criminal use of others money!

What has this to do with God? Where is God mentioned? What has this to do with saving souls for God - their stated objective? Absolutely nothing!

Did Kong Hee n his cronies not realise between 30% n 35% of all Americans - i.e. about 100 million - already belong to these evangelical churches n thats before u count all those belonging to more traditional churches n religions? How many souls did she save in the years she spent there? Making this sort of rubbish, probably none!

Sun Ho wld hv done well to recall that when 17 yr old Michael Chang won the French Tennis Open in 1989 he publicly thanked God for his victory. A cringing moment for those watching it, but at least he made public his faith. Sun Ho preached only murder n drudgery. What a twisted vision of God n heaven these CHC crooks must imagine! N this twisted person is now running the CHC!!

Edited by wozzit

Just realized that Jaclyn Tay is also a ardent follower of the CHC

If you dig deep enough, you'll be surprise more "who" and "who" are inside. They using that for business networking.

Just realized that Jaclyn Tay is also a ardent follower of the CHC

She's a business woman. Her time is precious. Chc is a networking opportunity. So is elim chew of 77th street who is another kong hee devotee. Money talks!

Stockholm Syndrome or not, I find it mind boggling that people who now know they hv been swindled out of $50 million r so brain washed they remain very happy bunnies.

"I still believe in the very cause of the whole crossover which is to win the Lord in countries that are difficult to reach out to!"

Did that lady never ask herself - Is the USA really a country difficult for religion to reach out to? Surely other countries were far more deserving of that massive amount of cash? Why not the desperately poor parts of Africa? Well naturally thats a rhetorical question as it would hv done nothing for Sun Hos career.

"its all part of Gods plan!"

So the guy who said that really believes in his numbed mind it was Gods plan to let his pastor n his little coterie steal $50 million of his n others money? And he remains full of joy n happiness! Unbelievable!

N it was to write n publish this kind of utter crap that the CHC decided to send Sun Ho to live in a Hollywood mansion at $28,000 a month? A criminal use of others money!

Lady Saw:

"Tell Bill it's time to write a will,

Not take your own time while you pay the Bill honey"

For your info, Sun successfully converted Lady Saw into a devout Christian.

Since 2009, Lady Saw has retired from the reggae scene and is a nun now.

For your info, Sun successfully converted Lady Saw into a devout Christian.

Since 2009, Lady Saw has retired from the reggae scene and is a nun now.

Love to know where u get that nonsense from for its not on any of the sites on the internet dealing with Lady Saw.

In a vdo of a radio interview in Jamaica in June 2015 Lady Saw - 

1. denies she has converted to Christianity!

2. says she does not like the churches where u get envelopes to give money!

2. confirms she has a lot of projects in the pipeline and will never retire!

So where did this idea of her "successful" conversion by Sun Ho n her retirement to a nunnery come from? The gospel according to Sun Ho perhaps??  :wacko:

Love to know where u get that nonsense from for its not on any of the sites on the internet dealing with Lady Saw.

In a vdo of a radio interview in Jamaica in June 2015 Lady Saw - 

1. denies she has converted to Christianity!

2. says she does not like the churches where u get envelopes to give money!

2. confirms she has a lot of projects in the pipeline and will never retire!

So where did this idea of her "successful" conversion by Sun Ho n her retirement to a nunnery come from? The gospel according to Sun Ho perhaps??  :wacko:

Damn you beat me to this story to put here hahahaahahah...... good one.

Edited by upshot

https://www.youtub/watch?v=C9pWmws3Fy8

Ever positive and happy chc members showing their support

Super scary n so sad to see these people including kids so unaffected by all this .

Is it a wonder that religion is seen as threatening to governments when the people only answer to the so called higher order !!!

I wonder if there's a report of the people who left the CHC after the verdict and if there's a fall in membership .

Praise the dollar sign .

They should not limit their interviews to those die-hard supporters but more importantly, interview those who have chosen to leave. City Harvest Church sees 25% Drop in members since 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/city-harvest-church-sees-25-drop-in-members-since-2009

or

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/city-harvest-church-sees-25-cent-drop-members-2009

Did anyone interview you on why you like big thigh sex, young boys and short pubic hair?

Did anyone interview you on why you like big thigh sex, young boys and short pubic hair?

Apart fm an unknown guest libelling a full member, I wonder what that hs to do with the case of the CHC crooks?

Edited by wozzit

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.