Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

Well, i still think you don't have to be a church member to speak up for a group of people who has gone through a lot as a whole. and by the way, i currently reside in AUSTRALIA.. maybe i go to AUSTRALIA HARVEST CHURCH? if there is one.. most funniest way of piecing information together. HAHA.. and by the way, the church is no longer functioning in Jurong. It is all in SUNTEC. :)

For all that you've said, I don't see a clear denial from you such as "I am not a City Harvest Church member". Why the evasiveness? Do you, like Kong Hee and Sun Ho, have something to hide?

and lets just say again that i have my sources which is pretty reliable.

Why the evasiveness? Why should you expect anyone here to believe in your 'reliable sources' if you aren't even prepared to disclose them?

haha... you guys are funny. You trust all that news and tabloids say and you can't trust what i have to say..

just for the record and your EVASIVE bombardations, I AM :)

by the way, i am not here to argue or prove a point. I m just standing for my family. Thats all.

The public deserves to find out the truth about Kong Hee and Sun Ho's alleged involvement in falsification and embezzlement of church accounts for personal gain.

If Kong Hee and Sun Ho are innocent, they have nothing to fear from the police probe.

Only guilty ones would be evasive and have something to hide.

just for the record and your EVASIVE bombardations, I AM :)

Thank you for finally being forthright.

This is not an attack on your church family. This is a pursuit of the truth. The public, in addition to the church members, have a right to know the truth.

it was an accusation but everyone was discussing as though it was true.. i didn't say this. the postings has spoken.. sad eh

Rumours have been floating around for many years anyway.

Treat this investigation by the Singapore Police Force as the ultimate test and audit of the accounts of City Harvest Church (and Kong Hee and Sun Ho). If they are innocent, their reputation will return unblemished.

Guest Neutral

Treat this investigation by the Singapore Police Force as the ultimate test and audit of the accounts of City Harvest Church (and Kong Hee and Sun Ho). If they are innocent, their reputation will return unblemished.

Ok then, if the probe is still ungoing, then let it be. But pls don't turn it into some anti lashing christian etc...thingy. I m not from cityharvest church anyway.

Guest Erotictales

Why would an interest in the CHC investigation be an anti-christian thing? That is absurd.

If someone is a christian, and a major church in his country is officially under investigation for financial fraud, wouldn't it be in his religious interest that everything is made clear and public?

Vice versa, to treat any interest in the case as persecution markedly implies the person himself acknowledges that there is skullduggery. And he is trying to hide it, by bringing out the worst possible accusation available.

yeap... well said.

If there is anything wrong with whatever we have done, it is good time to change and if there is nothing wrong, then its a good time as well, to say humbly that we meant no evil.

:)

The truth shall set us free.

Why would an interest in the CHC investigation be an anti-christian thing? That is absurd. If someone is a christian, and a major church in his country is officially under investigation for financial fraud, wouldn't it be in his religious interest that everything is made clear and public? Vice versa, to treat any interest in the case as persecution markedly implies the person himself acknowledges that there is skullduggery. And he is trying to hide it, by bringing out the worst possible accusation available.

Second that :).

Following the same logic, if I'm interested in a law case involving a gay guy, that will make me a huge homophobe? Utterly ridiculous.

To cvbv1987 - There's nothing wrong with supporting your version of the truth, but you can't force it down people's throat, especially when there's no publicized evidence yet.

I am not from City Harvest Church and I am not a Christian.

Here's my 2 cents - I hope that Sun Ho will be found INNOCENT so that she can return to the United States and continue making music like CHINA WINE!!!

In China Wine, she just threw all caution to the wind. To hell with the criticism about her skimpy clothes, sexy dance moves and unintelligible lyrics! That's the way to capture imaginations and headlines baby!

I recommend that she should do MORE of such videos. Show the world how she can continue burning up the stage a la Madonna with her hot and sexy dance moves baby!

Just look at Fancy Free - it's less popular because it comes across as rather engineered - the positive lyrics, the energetic beat, the lack of controversy etc. Sun Ho should just say "to hell with what people think!" and just go all out, groove it up, shake her booty and have some fun!

Guest Neutral

Why would an interest in the CHC investigation be an anti-christian thing? That is absurd.

If someone is a christian, and a major church in his country is officially under investigation for financial fraud, wouldn't it be in his religious interest that everything is made clear and public?

Vice versa, to treat any interest in the case as persecution markedly implies the person himself acknowledges that there is skullduggery. And he is trying to hide it, by bringing out the worst possible accusation available.

I am not against any probing. It's always gd and healthy to check on such mega churches. Just felt that some of the earlier posts are rather nasty in pg 2 and 3. Just cautioning in case some nasty bitching :twisted: starts again.

Anyway there's really nothing to hide if they are really innocent until proven guilty.

So let's wait for the result bah.:)

Here's my 2 cents - I hope that Sun Ho will be found INNOCENT so that she can return to the United States and continue making music like CHINA WINE!!!

In China Wine, she just threw all caution to the wind. To hell with the criticism about her skimpy clothes, sexy dance moves and unintelligible lyrics! That's the way to capture imaginations and headlines baby!

I recommend that she should do MORE of such videos. Show the world how she can continue burning up the stage a la Madonna with her hot and sexy dance moves baby!

Just look at Fancy Free - it's less popular because it comes across as rather engineered - the positive lyrics, the energetic beat, the lack of controversy etc. Sun Ho should just say "to hell with what people think!" and just go all out, groove it up, shake her booty and have some fun!

I do like China Wine Though... same as i like Lady Gaga's Judas and Katty Perry "Peacock"

I think its a celebration of creativity, talent and freedom to express. And To have a colaboration with Wyclef Jean is really something that none of other Singaporean can do. I came from Indonesia. I wonder If there's any Indonesian who make it to US, doesn't matter whether she/he's a religioius person, I will support her/him.

Ohhh... there's one Indonesian Pastor's daughter who join Miss Indonesia pageant, and Won First Place! She's so pretty, smart and good attitude. I like her much! Too bad she can't be a pop singer, though she can sing...

Well, I consider myself a creative person. I just support anybody who dare to take a step and do something.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

I have stopped giving to the Church and to any charity. Just pissed off with the scandals. However, I do drop some money into the coin box at the Buddhist temple and just hope it is put to good use.

Being pious can sometimes hid the devious mind within. Otherwise how can one explain why Catholic priests in USA and Europe have molested boys? And even in Spore, a Catholic priest was sent to jail for stealing from the Church. I am dismayed when Men of God have betrayed God and the believers.

I agree. I have also stopped giving donations, especially if it is linked to the Church. Even the Salvation Army is a no-no for me. No need to donate to the enemy and give them ammunition to help them attack us PLUs.

I only donate to Buddhist temples as I find them to be more welcoming towards us.

It is wonderful to see secondary school students (they were in their school uniforms) going to temples to pray, without their parents.

Perhaps there is hope for us all after all.

I agree. I have also stopped giving donations, especially if it is linked to the Church. Even the Salvation Army is a no-no for me. No need to donate to the enemy and give them ammunition to help them attack us PLUs.

I only donate to Buddhist temples as I find them to be more welcoming towards us.

It is wonderful to see secondary school students (they were in their school uniforms) going to temples to pray, without their parents.

Perhaps there is hope for us all after all.

hmm there is hope for everybody. don't say that :)

n67964042743_2650355_6132478.jpg

I have stopped giving to the Church and to any charity. Just pissed off with the scandals. However, I do drop some money into the coin box at the Buddhist temple and just hope it is put to good use.

Being pious can sometimes hid the devious mind within. Otherwise how can one explain why Catholic priests in USA and Europe have molested boys? And even in Spore, a Catholic priest was sent to jail for stealing from the Church. I am dismayed when Men of God have betrayed God and the believers.

I think u left out Rev Ming Yi of Ren Chi. Now I dun give bcoz I dun want to be sucker anymore. Very discouraging.

I m not interested in religion, just the truth.

I am from CHC. I think that kong Hee and sun ho are all guilty. The NDA will end in a few months and let's just see what explanation they give for the use of funds :)

If you look at Kong's mentor, Yonggi Cho, he too is under some form of investigation and his own church elders bring a law suit against him.

Members from chc went to give their statements to CAD and there are members waiting to hold class action lawsuits against that couple.

Kong is a pathological liar-- just look at Casey Treat, Phil Pringle and his tweets for the korean prayer meeting at a stadium. Casey Treat says the audience is only 60,000, Phil: 80,000 and kong? 100,000. The focus is still on Sun and her singing.

You should be wary of a man who inflates figures-- cause people are then just numbers to him and not human beings.

And everyone knows about the affairs that happened for the LA mission trip and the >20 properties Kong Hee owns.

Asking your own members to sacrifice while amassing properties for yourself? Thats greed at its best :)

Oh OK. Just googled "NDA Kong Hee" and read the following URL which explains the entire controversy over the CHC Board's S$310 million investment in Suntec:

http://theonlineciti...ment-in-suntec/

If I'm not wrong, though, the current police investigation into CHC-linked individuals and companies is unrelated to the Suntec investment. While I do not like to pre-judge, I have this weird feeling that the answer to many key questions (esp on the issue of finances, accounts, expenditure etc) lies with Sun Ho.

Ooops, Kong Hee pwned himself this time around. How to squeeze 100,000 people into a stadium with a seating capacity of 66,000+?

Maybe the remaining 34,000 people were angels of God flying in the open air surrounding the stadium?

Don't pastors spend the bulk of their ministries condemning faults of others?

Yes, the homosexuals, the Buddhists, the Jews, the leprosy-ridden, the prostitutes, the AIDs sufferers, the non-believers... the list goes on!

Please people, kindly restrict your comments to the investigations of City Harvest Church.

Do not let this thread turns into a flame war on the supposedly hypocrisies of the evangelical Christian sects.

Read our posting guidelines on the main page if you are not sure.

Be happy.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Pointing out a lie is not fault finding. People have been cheated and have the right to voice out. Only blinded and servile people continue to live under their disillusioned state. Religion is not the issue here but a rogue leader who lies :)

Guest Gay Buddhist

people who just love finding fault with other... HERE THEY ARE IN THIS FORUM

Exactly. And you can know who these pple are in these threads. They have forgotten that all human regardless of religion and race are infallible and corruptible and hypocrites just like you and me too. Finger pointing, condemning, bitching is so common esp in gay circle whose greatest enemy are Christians, in this case they feel happy they can attack vehemously because a christian church has fallen short and start condemning all pastors, all christians, including gay christian bros and sisters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the probe but wait till the investigation is out. Don't you remember Shi Ming Yi's case? Are you to say that ALL monks and temples are also that clean and immaculate?

Yes I am a hypocrite and a gay Buddhist, have been to many churches and have a lot of Xtian frds but they accept me as who I am, so attack me but I still want to have my say after reading this thread.

Exactly. And you can know who these pple are in these threads. They have forgotten that all human regardless of religion and race are infallible and corruptible and hypocrites just like you and me too. Finger pointing, condemning, bitching is so common esp in gay circle whose greatest enemy are Christians, in this case they feel happy they can attack vehemously because a christian church has fallen short and start condemning all pastors, all christians, including gay christian bros and sisters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the probe but wait till the investigation is out. Don't you remember Shi Ming Yi's case? Are you to say that ALL monks and temples are also that clean and immaculate?

Yes I am a hypocrite and a gay Buddhist, have been to many churches and have a lot of Xtian frds but they accept me as who I am, so attack me but I still want to have my say after reading this thread.

One look at the last paragraph and it's obvious that you are a gay Christian pretending to be a Buddhist.

There are some CHC churchgoers who are so unhappy about the fact that CHC is being discussed in BW, that they've resorted to mudslinging the "gay Buddhists" who they think are conspiring to defame CHC, and they've also complained to the moderator to intervene in this thread.

Grow up. Anyone in Blowing Wind is entitled to pose questions about the ongoing police investigations against the CHC board, Kong Hee and Sun Ho.

actually i don't know why many SGgay condemn this church. What CHC do wrong to you guys? I mean to gays?

many other churches out there, but why CHC?

Many gays in Singapore condemn this church? Really?

I don't know about that, but what I do observe is that most Singaporeans are... either neutral or not supportive of City Harvest Church in general.

Guest Xia xue

Alright guys, check out the comments section of this video:

Our very own blogging superstar Xiaxue posted this message:

"OMG I am so embarrassed for Singaporeans!!!!!!!!!"

Guest Sun Wukong

what is there to be embarrassed about? the true embarrassment is that we don't support our own people who has broke through. That is what should make a singaporean be embarrassed about.

What's there to be embarrassed about? Lots...

The Geisha meets Sun Wukong look

The cheesy and un-Christian lyrics

The nonsensical refrain ("In Asia where we come from, in Asia we say 一二三四五六七, 你好!!")

The blatant sexualisation and objectification of minority women

The subtle reference to post-coital sex (Tyson Beckford lying on the bed)

man, she makes a good case study for what not to do.

what is there to be embarrassed about? the true embarrassment is that we don't support our own people who has broke through. That is what should make a singaporean be embarrassed about.

Seriously..... Thumbs up for her trying to cash in on sex appeal but she is abit over age for sexy young black hip hop girlies.

Her MV stereotypes Asian women. What's with the sword practice scene, another Lorena Bobbit in the making?

What's there to be embarrassed about? Lots...

The Geisha meets Sun Wukong look

The cheesy and un-Christian lyrics

The nonsensical refrain ("In Asia where we come from, in Asia we say 一二三四五六七, 你好!!")

The blatant sexualisation and objectification of minority women

The subtle reference to post-coital sex (Tyson Beckford lying on the bed)

man, she makes a good case study for what not to do.

you must be a christian who needs to grow up big time.

Seriously..... Thumbs up for her trying to cash in on sex appeal but she is abit over age for sexy young black hip hop girlies.

Her MV stereotypes Asian women. What's with the sword practice scene, another Lorena Bobbit in the making?

why don't you go and do a better job then?

you must be a christian who needs to grow up big time.

LOL.

First it was denying you were a CHC member.

Then you admitted but quickly moved to accuse the "gay Buddhists" of having an agenda.

Now you're clutching at straws, accusing Sun Ho's critics of being a Christian who "needs to grow up big time".

This modus operandi is uncannily similar to the evasive diversionary tactics deployed by Josie Lau and her gang of bitches during the AWARE saga.

Do all Singaporean upper-middle class English-educated Christians behave like this?

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.