Male HQ

Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)

ruffx2sg

On 7/5/2019 at 10:11 PM, fab said:

Not surprising. 

I once worked with an international fashioned related brand, the people were homophobic too. Not to mention nivea is a female products n most women are homophobic.

Get your facts right, men are more homophobic! 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-05-07/barilla-pasta-s-turnaround-from-homophobia-to-national-pride

seems like the same case with Barilla pasta. they also did not want to portray gay couple/family consuming their product,

because according to them, it is something they do not agree with, as it is against the core values of a family. 

as a result, they were boycotted by whole of Europe. and even today, after so much backpedaling, it is still remembered as the "anti-gay" pasta.

who knows, maybe that's why their pasta is selling for $1.50 at ValuDollar! :clap::clap::clap:

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes, this aid has to be monetary,  for political correctness.  The ideal would be military aid, that would weed out the corrupt governments in these nations,  but these are not the times to do this.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, this aid has to be monetary,  for political correctness.  The ideal would be military aid, that would weed out the corrupt governments in these nations,  but these are not the times to do this.

That's interesting!

First, "It is not money given away, like a foreign aid, but it is money reinvested in the American economy". And then when it was real "money given away, like a foreign aid", it suddenly became "Yes, this aid has to be monetary,  for political correctness".

Some people can really shift their goalpost anywhere they like on the field, don't they? 

Image result for goalpost shifting gif

53 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

That's interesting!

First, "It is not money given away, like a foreign aid, but it is money reinvested in the American economy". And then when it was real "money given away, like a foreign aid", it suddenly became "Yes, this aid has to be monetary,  for political correctness".

Some people can really shift their goalpost anywhere they like on the field, don't they? 

No, some people don't need to move any goalposts but instead shoot your goalpost full of goals because you are such a bad goalkeeper.  It's like you are full of holes  :lol:

I didn't contradict myself.  Biden's plan to help the central America countries is noble and well thought, but it is a giveaway. Like many acts of charity should be.

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

No, some people don't need to move any goalposts but instead shoot your goalpost full of goals because you are such a bad goalkeeper.  It's like you are full of holes  :lol:

I didn't contradict myself.  Biden's plan to help the central America countries is noble and well thought, but it is a giveaway. Like many acts of charity should be.

angmoh prata man ... flip ah flip ah flip ... 

http://i.imgur.com/aD4G4eZ.gif

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  If I can do this in my 70s,  imagine what I will do in my 80s and 90s...  :) 

Exactly! Horrors! Horrors! Horrors! I guess we can only hope that you don't live past 70s.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Exactly! Horrors! Horrors! Horrors! I guess we can only hope that you don't live past 70s.

I understand.  You may think that in my 80s and 90s I will kick your ass even harder.  But this is not probable.  I am getting milder and more sweet as time goes by.

49 minutes ago, Guest Sweetie Pie said:

Understandable, diabetic rate in America is pretty high.

Yes, it is extremely high! Much of it undiagnosed.  But I always have normal blood sugar,  thanks to eating mostly sugar-free healthy food.  The sweetness of my character hasn't found its way into my blood, fortunately.  And now with Biden, Buttigieg and others in power,  the Affordable Care Act will be enhanced instead of eliminated like the ex-president tried to do,  and this will help millions with diabetes.

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

Who the heck is Alex Morse and what does he have to do with Pete Buttigieg? Where are Steve's protests about people trying to derail this thread rather than getting dragged into Upshot's brainwashed rightwing weeds? Why does Upshot keep trying to derail this thread about appreciating Pete Buttigieg, and why does Steve keep engaging in such nonsense, rather than complaining about it the way he complained when other guests tried to push back against the Hunter Biden ridiculousness posted by trolls earlier in this thread?

1 hour ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

Who the heck is Alex Morse and what does he have to do with Pete Buttigieg? Where are Steve's protests about people trying to derail this thread rather than getting dragged into Upshot's brainwashed rightwing weeds? Why does Upshot keep trying to derail this thread about appreciating Pete Buttigieg, and why does Steve keep engaging in such nonsense, rather than complaining about it the way he complained when other guests tried to push back against the Hunter Biden ridiculousness posted by trolls earlier in this thread?

Alex Morse?  The only Morse I know is Samuel Morse,  the inventor of the telegraph and the code that is used with it.

I have little interest to psychoanalyze Upshot.  As you wrote, he was rightwing brainwashed,  so there may not be very much brain left. 

Guest surprised
41 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Britain's  Spy  Master  Apologises  for  Past  Discrimination  against  LGBT+ People

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/britains-spy-master-apologises-for-historic-discrimination-against-lgbt-people

When I see these headlines at the local mainstream or "guided"/ self-"restricted" media I am always surprised why they report on such news on homosexuals and if it doesn't have any relation to Singapore at all? 

And why the topic on homosexuals is so present in the local media every day???

What's the purpose? To demonstrate other countries discriminate against gays and so to clean their hands for any discrimination happening in Singapore?

The local mainstream media would be advised to assist in tackling the daily discrimination on homosexuals happening here every day, e.g. workplace discrimination, school bullying and the're lots of other areas. 

Don't point at others when you yourself don't or can't come clean....

Malaysian wins challenge against Islamic law banning gay sex

CNA 25 Feb 2021

KUALA LUMPUR: A Malaysian man on Thursday (Feb 25) won the country's first legal challenge against Islamic laws banning gay sex, a victory hailed as "monumental progress" in combating persecution of the LGBT community.

He was charged in an Islamic court in 2019 with attempting to have "intercourse against the order of nature", and several others in the same case have already pleaded guilty and were caned as a punishment.

Critics say the climate is worsening for the gay community in Muslim-majority Malaysia, with government officials often speaking out against LGBT people.

In Thursday's landmark case, the legislation banning gay sex was enacted in Selangor state, outside Kuala Lumpur.

Multi-ethnic Malaysia has a dual-track legal system, with Islamic courts handling some matters for Muslim citizens, and sharia laws set by individual states.

But local laws cannot conflict with legislation at the federal level, and sodomy is already a crime under the national penal code - although the statute is rarely enforced.

In its ruling, Malaysia's top court sided with the man who brought the case, who was not identified, saying Selangor state was not empowered to make such a law.

The ruling means that the law is overturned and the man's case should be dropped, according to his lawyer Surendra Ananth.

Gay rights activist Numan Afifi welcomed the "historic development".

"It marks monumental progress for LGBT rights in Malaysia," he said. "We have worked hard for so many years to live in dignity without fear of prosecution."

Despite the victory, Islamic laws banning gay sex still exist in some other states.

The man was among 11 arrested for allegedly having sex at an apartment in 2018. Some have admitted to the offence before an Islamic court and received six strokes of the cane, a fine and jail terms of up to seven months.

In another high-profile case, two women were caned in a sharia court in 2018 after being found guilty of having sex in Terengganu state.

About 60 per cent of Malaysia's population is Muslim.

Lesson to learn:

It makes sense to fight against discrimination or punishments against gays in courts and to come out of the closet instead of just accepting punishment, seeming unlawful and hiding your face and yourself if you are gay.

Malaysia's (Muslim) gays have to thank this one courageous man. 

Guest Interesting
1 hour ago, singalion said:

CNA 25 Feb 2021

KUALA LUMPUR: A Malaysian man on Thursday (Feb 25) won the country's first legal challenge against Islamic laws banning gay sex, a victory hailed as "monumental progress" in combating persecution of the LGBT community.

He was charged in an Islamic court in 2019 with attempting to have "intercourse against the order of nature", and several others in the same case have already pleaded guilty and were caned as a punishment.

Critics say the climate is worsening for the gay community in Muslim-majority Malaysia, with government officials often speaking out against LGBT people.

In Thursday's landmark case, the legislation banning gay sex was enacted in Selangor state, outside Kuala Lumpur.

Multi-ethnic Malaysia has a dual-track legal system, with Islamic courts handling some matters for Muslim citizens, and sharia laws set by individual states.

But local laws cannot conflict with legislation at the federal level, and sodomy is already a crime under the national penal code - although the statute is rarely enforced.

In its ruling, Malaysia's top court sided with the man who brought the case, who was not identified, saying Selangor state was not empowered to make such a law.

The ruling means that the law is overturned and the man's case should be dropped, according to his lawyer Surendra Ananth.

"It marks monumental progress for LGBT rights in Malaysia," he said. "We have worked hard for so many years to live in dignity without fear of prosecution."

Despite the victory, Islamic laws banning gay sex still exist in some other states.

The man was among 11 arrested for allegedly having sex at an apartment in 2018. Some have admitted to the offence before an Islamic court and received six strokes of the cane, a fine and jail terms of up to seven months.

In another high-profile case, two women were caned in a sharia court in 2018 after being found guilty of having sex in Terengganu state.

Lesson to learn:

It makes sense to fight against discrimination or punishments against gays in courts and to come out of the closet instead of just accepting punishment, seeming unlawful and hiding your face and yourself if you are gay.

Hmm so just only the sharia law against gay sex in selangor was overturned to keep in line with non-enforememt of federal level sodomy law, but the other states still have that anti-gay Muslim law in usage? 

So must one by one overturn???

2 hours ago, singalion said:

CNA 25 Feb 2021

Lesson to learn:

This CNA report is totally misleading. 

The report is correct, but the reason for the State of Selangor not empowered to make a law forbidding "intercourse against the order of nature" is because the Penal Act of Malaysia already has a law forbidding "intercourse against the order of nature". 

This case does not, in any way, "... marks monumental progress for LGBT rights in Malaysia," he said. "We have worked hard for so many years to live in dignity without fear of prosecution..." - it is still illegal in Malaysia to practice "intercourse against the order of nature".

The penalties for "intercourse against the order of nature" under the Penal Act is more severe than under Selangor's Islamic (Shariah) Law. 

49 minutes ago, Guest Interesting said:

Hmm so just only the sharia law against gay sex in selangor was overturned to keep in line with non-enforememt of federal level sodomy law, but the other states still have that anti-gay Muslim law in usage? 

So must one by one overturn???

I presume the other States will not enforce this Shariah Law in their states because it will just be challenged in the High Court and the High Court will have to declare the Shariah Law is Ultra Vires. 

This brings up another question. 

Should the Malaysian Penal Act be revised such that the "intercourse against the order of nature" is struck off - thereby making it legal to do so - will the Shariah Court be able to charge Muslims for performing "intercourse against the order of nature"?  This assumes the Shariah Laws of the States  on "intercourse against the order of nature" have not changed.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:13 PM, yhtang said:

I presume the other States will not enforce this Shariah Law in their states because it will just be challenged in the High Court and the High Court will have to declare the Shariah Law is Ultra Vires. 

This brings up another question. 

Should the Malaysian Penal Act be revised such that the "intercourse against the order of nature" is struck off - thereby making it legal to do so - will the Shariah Court be able to charge Muslims for performing "intercourse against the order of nature"?  This assumes the Shariah Laws of the States  on "intercourse against the order of nature" have not changed.

not sure how it works for the Malaysian States.

Would need a Malaysian lawyer/ law professor with some constitutional expertise to give a response.

For most Federal States, any contradicting laws would be void and not enforceable.

But, it could be for the case of Malaysia that gay guys who are prosecuted in the States on the basis of such state proclaimed laws would need to challenge the prosecution in court and call it unconstitutional. The problem for most countries following the English law system is the lack of separate constitutional courts which clarify and decide on such legal matters.

The question of the "intercourse against the order of nature" provision to be struck off on the federal level in fact follows the abolish 377A discussion from Singapore.

Even with the Federal Constitution I see the problem that the constitution spells out that Islam is the religion of Malaysia.

You would need to find a non Muslim to challenge the "sodomy" laws on the basis that it violates to practice your religion in peace and harmony.

Surely, no Christian could come with such a reasoning and only followers of any religion that keeps quiet about homosexuality.

Then, a country can still come with the society disapproving homosexuality. We have the same issue in Singapore for the government upholding the provisions as the society is still very "conservative". It is like a shield they use to discern any discussion or blur the vision...  I guess the word "conservative" is not any legal word at all.

It is a tricky issue.

In fact from my point of view, any such change for Malaysia will only come, if any supranational organisation will issue "legalisation" which is binding on all the Member states. Then Malaysia would require to remove any discriminatory or criminalisation of gay sexual activity. But I think , this will still need time as the "split" between countries having removed criminalisation and discrimination of gays/ LGBTQ and those having not are still at a 50 - 50 situation at the UN.

Hope my post helps to console you...

image.png.84fddcd7b627f6d529b8ac57d905a4d0.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cleanly Teacher

Secretary Buttigieg says it's time to "fix the damn roads" on Morning Joe.

Great to see him trying to do things that will help ordinary American folks.

Guest Guest
3 minutes ago, Guest Cleanly Teacher said:

Secretary Buttigieg says it's time to "fix the damn roads" on Morning Joe.

Great to see him trying to do things that will help ordinary American folks.

Shouldn't you know better? Singapore also has quite a few inept Ministers of Transport who are only good at talking and increasing public transportation fares too. Don't you know that?  

On 3/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Shouldn't you know better? Singapore also has quite a few inept Ministers of Transport who are only good at talking and increasing public transportation fares too. Don't you know that?  

Could there be in Singapore gays who are smart enough to run for Minister of Transportation?

On 3/18/2021 at 2:19 AM, Nightingale said:

"Negative," read the response by the CDF, signed by Cardinal Luis Ladaria, prefect of the doctrinal office.

Blessings are not allowed, wrote the CDF, because what is to be blessed needs to be "objectively and positively ordered to receive and express grace, according to the designs of God inscribed in creation, and fully revealed by Christ the Lord".

"For this reason, it is not licit to impart a blessing on relationships, or partnerships, even stable, that involve sexual activity outside of marriage (ie.., outside the indissoluble union of a man and a woman open in itself to the transmission of life), as is the case of the unions between persons of the same sex," it wrote.

The CDF wrote that such relationships might have positive elements to be valued, but that did not make them "legitimate objects of an ecclesial blessing, since the positive elements exist within the context of a union not ordered to the creator's plan".

Well... there must be just so much a Pope can do without being poisoned by his team.  He already did enough by defining same-sex unions as something positive that LGBTs are entitled to.

The "blessing" is a special essence  (a fluid, a solid, a gas, or anti-matter ??) given to the participants in the "Sacrament of Marriage",  which is reserved to mixed-sex couples in good standing with God.  

What are "the designs of God inscribed in creation"?   Where are these "inscribed"?  in the infinitely small or infinitely large, that is, in the atomic structure or in the Cosmos?  Of course it takes a Cosmos to hold the sinfulness of gay sex,  so that we should be ashamed in front of the whole universe, up to the last galaxy.

"and fully revealed by Christ the Lord" ??   Hmmm... there must be a misunderstanding. In the Scriptures, Jesus Christ never said a single word against gays,  even less against gay sex!

But Thank God! that same-sex unions have positive elements to be valued:) 

After watching the above clip of Buttigieg talking about the roads, I found another clip of him being interviewed by the late night comedian Jimmy Kimmel, and it is so nice to see a politician who happens to be gay doing his job properly.

I don't think he was the right choice for US President at his young age and experience level, but this post will help him gain valuable government experience, which could make him a much more serious contender for the job in the future.

Guest Salmon Swirl Quit His Girl

Chasten Glezman, the husband of openly gay US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, has something to say about The Church announcing that it can't bless any same-sex marriages.

I wonder if Buttigieg ever cheats to steal an election and become President like his current boss, thus making Glezman the First Gentleman, how The Church might react to such a couple.

• 2 weeks later...

Biden becomes first US President to issue a proclamation for Trans Day of Visibility.

I don't really or fully understand trans people but they deserve respect and dignity.

Guest Skeeter Beater Aerosol

Secretary Pete elaborates on the American Jobs Plan.

Biden's Administration keeps delivering for the people.

It is satisfying to see the first confirmed gay cabinet member in the US being selected by Biden to be in charge of the Infrastructure project together with four other cabinet members.  Pete Buttigieg is here exactly in the place he should be and we can predict that he will do an excellent job.  :) 

Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer
1 hour ago, Guest Dog and Pony said:
Hahah. 

The US is a country where millions of stark-raving lunatics, most of whom are Republicans, have unlimited access to guns. Buttigieg is a well-known member of a Democratic government administration and potential future President. I have no doubt that your evilness would love for him to take long bike rides in unprotected open spaces, and make himself an easy target to be assassinated, so you could come back to this thread and gloat about it with unwavering joy. Buttigieg and the Secret Service are much smarter than you, however, so obviously he is only allowed to ride in areas where he can be adequately protected.

Guest Dog and Pony
23 minutes ago, Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer said:

The US is a country where millions of stark-raving lunatics, most of whom are Republicans, have unlimited access to guns. Buttigieg is a well-known member of a Democratic government administration and potential future President. I have no doubt that your evilness would love for him to take long bike rides in unprotected open spaces, and make himself an easy target to be assassinated, so you could come back to this thread and gloat about it with unwavering joy. Buttigieg and the Secret Service are much smarter than you, however, so obviously he is only allowed to ride in areas where he can be adequately protected.

This isn’t even about Republicans or Democrats. The tweet below is to highlight that there is no saving of energy when Pete Buttigieg rides a bicycle for a short distance and have a fuel guzzling SUV follow behind. 

You saying I would love for Pete to be assassinated is just projecting something that isn’t even remotely linked to the tweet nor anything I remotely wanted to happen. 

Back to the tweet; can’t Secret Service ride along side Pete and clear the street? 

1 hour ago, Guest Dog and Pony said:

Hahah. 

Only a DEM politician can do this (again and again) and get away with it or censored from MSM in less than 100 days of Biden term. We have  4yrs to see the damages to come. Strap in.

Pete Buttigieg ‘Bikes’ To Work After SUVs Drive Him Part Of The Way. (Should I think he is a stupid person or a stupid gay person like Biden introduce him and call him by his pronounce first for this stupid stunt? )

https://youtu.be/T3dJt9B23fk

Democrats BUSTED Staging Pete Buttigieg Riding His Bike "To Work" Hilarious
https://youtu.be/S4cv3Sm25RM

Pete Buttigieg staged a photo-op riding a bike to work, he was actually driven for his 'green' trek
https://youtu.be/6AtP3e14PvQ

Greenie Hypocrite Pete Buttigieg Fakes Riding Bike To Work.
https://youtu.be/UI833qcIYMw

Pete Buttigieg fakes riding a bike to work.
https://youtu.be/3_Vva82k6MQ

Last week booboo:

Buttigieg FORCED To Backtrack GAS TAX As Biden Infrastructure Comes Together. Upstart got reined back.

https://youtu.be/FVYPlTo7Ys4

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:28 PM, Guest Dog and Pony said:

This isn’t even about Republicans or Democrats. The tweet below is to highlight that there is no saving of energy when Pete Buttigieg rides a bicycle for a short distance and have a fuel guzzling SUV follow behind. 

17 hours ago, upshot said:

Only a DEM politician can do this (again and again) and get away with it or censored from MSM in less than 100 days of Biden term. We have  4yrs to see the damages to come. Strap in.

Pete Buttigieg ‘Bikes’ To Work After SUVs Drive Him Part Of The Way. (Should I think he is a stupid person or a stupid gay person like Biden introduce him and call him by his pronounce first for this stupid stunt? )

These posts get first premium with honors for the most stupid way to bash an individual who is astronomically smarter and more intelligent than these posters and the individuals who come up with this issue are.

Where did you hear that Buttigieg rides his bike to save energy?   He may simply enjoy riding the bike.  And by doing so, he does not INCREASE his "carbon footprint".    Maybe he does it as an exercise?   I would think that for this he would do much better riding a stationary bike or any other aerobic machine in a secure place.  But I don't know.  And surely the mentally handicapped individuals who come up with this stupid issue don't know either.

If they had one ounce of brain, they would realize that Buttigieg's "carbon print" is insignificant compared to that of Trump in his 31 or so flights to Mar-a-Lago in the Air Force One 747 ...  just to play golf!  (I don't even know the mileage of a 747, but it is surely higher than that of some armored vehicles, ha ha,  and the distance to Florida is much larger).

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Dog and Pony
2 hours ago, upshot said:

https://youtu.be/T3dJt9B23fk

Democrats BUSTED Staging Pete Buttigieg Riding His Bike "To Work" Hilarious
https://youtu.be/S4cv3Sm25RM

Pete Buttigieg staged a photo-op riding a bike to work, he was actually driven for his 'green' trek
https://youtu.be/6AtP3e14PvQ

Greenie Hypocrite Pete Buttigieg Fakes Riding Bike To Work.
https://youtu.be/UI833qcIYMw

Pete Buttigieg fakes riding a bike to work.
https://youtu.be/3_Vva82k6MQ

Last week booboo:

Buttigieg FORCED To Backtrack GAS TAX As Biden Infrastructure Comes Together. Upstart got reined back.

https://youtu.be/FVYPlTo7Ys4

Great expose!

If Pete Buttigieg is genuine, he doesn’t need to overtly ride a bicycle in suit for the cameras to substantiate his narrative.

Unfortunately, there are other inconvenient cameras to film what goes behind the scenes. His stunt here backfired big time. 

Guest Guest
17 minutes ago, Guest Dog and Pony said:

Great expose!

If Pete Buttigieg is genuine, he doesn’t need to overtly ride a bicycle in suit for the cameras to substantiate his narrative.

Unfortunately, there are other inconvenient cameras to film what goes behind the scenes. His stunt here backfired big time. 

Quote: "at least he looks like he cares" ....... Hahahahaha ... 

Guest Meanly Preacher

Slayer Pete puts Fox News in their place again as they attempt to tell lies about Biden's infrastructure plan.

The Secretary of Transportation always comes prepared, and he leaves Fox's hosts speechless every time.

14 hours ago, Guest Dog and Pony said:

Great expose!

Yes, OVERTLY,  this is how decent genuine competent people should act in government.   Who are these PETTY, SUPER PETTY people but with super cynical destructive mouths who have to criticize a guy in office for riding his bicycle?   I think that it is a good gesture for Buttigieg to ride his bike like he does.  It is a positive image, like Biden's riding the train.  

If there is any doubt left about his smartness, here is Buttigieg's logic when interviewed in The Week today:

Edited by Steve5380

3 hours ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

Slayer Pete puts Fox News in their place again as they attempt to tell lies about Biden's infrastructure plan.

The Secretary of Transportation always comes prepared, and he leaves Fox's hosts speechless every time.

This is not the first time Buttigieg steps courageously into the lion's den (cage full of carnivorous beasts) that is FOX to be interviewed there.  Amazing!  If any FOX interviewers think that they have a smart mind,  Pete who has a mind like a QUANTUM computer makes them look completely dumb.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer
On 4/3/2021 at 12:28 AM, Guest Dog and Pony said:

The tweet below is to highlight that there is no saving of energy when Pete Buttigieg rides a bicycle for a short distance and have a fuel guzzling SUV follow behind. You saying I would love for Pete to be assassinated is just projecting something that isn’t even remotely linked to the tweet nor anything I remotely wanted to happen. Back to the tweet; can’t Secret Service ride along side Pete and clear the street?

You are obviously trolling for the sake of trolling, but if Singapore's Transport Minister ordered law enforcement officers to clear Orchard Road or Clarke Quay (for example) just so he could ride a bike, how would the public react?

Now imagine such anger multiplied by 60 million in the highly-polarized USA if Buttigieg did something like that. Of course you want him to order such an outrageous stunt, so you get more smear material, but he's not gonna do it.

I found a video of an interview of Buttigieg pre-election,  before he was appointed secretary of transportation.   He speaks here about gay marriage,  and I point this out for the intelligent way he addresses the issue.   Is the Supreme Court so "supreme"?

Now that the issue is partially resolved by Biden winning the election,  let's see what will happen to the Supreme Court's "supremacy".   Biden is already tackling the issue:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/09/joe-biden-supreme-court-expansion-commission-reform

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cleanly Teacher

I came across a heartwarming story of an American couple who were able to adopt a baby one of them found abandoned near a rubbish bin in a New York City subway station. The initially reluctant partner has now published an illustrated book sharing the tale of how their lives have turned out in the two decades since that fateful evening.

OurSubwayBaby_Cover_Large.jpg

Man Finds Abandoned Newborn On NYC Subway ... With Judge's Encouragement, He And His Husband Adopt Him.

Tevye | Community | Sunday, April 18, 2021 • 3:19 PM

At 8:00pm on August 28th, 2000, it was a typical New York frenzy in the New York City’s 14th Street subway station, in Manhattan’s Chelsea district.

34-year-old social worker Danny Stewart had left his Harlem sublet to meet with his partner of three years, 32-year-old playwright and web designer Pete Mercurio, for dinner. And he was late.

As he was about to reach the stairs to leave the station, he saw what he thought was a toy on the ground in a corner, alone. "I noticed on the floor tucked up against the wall, what I thought was a baby doll. I glanced back one more time, and that's when I noticed his legs moved." He rushed over to discover a baby boy.

peter-mercurio-family-photo-released.jpeg

This was a time before everyone had a cell phone, so he fished out a couple of quarters from his pocket, and got into a pay phone. First was to 911. The second was to Pete.

"Once again, I blurted out, 'I found a baby. I don't think the police believe me so call them please right now'." Pete rushed out to get to the subway station and got there at the same time the police were leaving with the baby.

peterr-merucio-family-photo-released.jpeg

Even with the news coverage and investigations, by December, with no trace of the mother, Danny went to court to testify of the events of the discovery. And that’s when he met a remarkable judge, who has chosen to remain anonymous. She was part of a fairly new program that was being implemented, that made the adoption process quicker and less taxing.

During the proceedings, she asked Danny, in front of all in court, if he wanted to adopt Daniel. “Mr. Stewart, I want to let you know what’s happening here, in instances where we have a baby that has been abandoned, we want to place them in pre-adoptive foster care as quickly as possible. Would you be interested in adopting this baby?”

peterrr-mercurio-family-photo-released-1.jpeg

Flash forward ahead eleven years. It’s now 2011. Gay marriage is now, finally, thankfully, legal. And whilst walking Kevin to school, the youngster asked Peter, who he calls ‘Papi,’ and Danny, who he calls ‘Daddy,’ ...... “Don’t judges perform ceremonies? Why don’t you try to contact the judge who finalized my adoption?”

yosemite-peter-mercurio-released-2019.jpeg

It’s 2021 and Kevin is now 20. “I’m very loved. I feel very lucky.”

Says Pete, ”We love him to death. You know sometimes in life you have to say yes. And we said ‘yes’ to becoming this baby’s parents and it was the best ‘yes’ decision we have ever made in our lives.”

Added Danny, “I can’t imagine my life if it didn’t turn out this way. My life has become much more enriched and full. It has changed my world view, my perspective, my whole lens. I mean, deep down when you strip away all those layers, all those labels, we’re all human beings and were all connected by certain things that we need in our lives. Love.”

10 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Why not?

Who says that gay couples cannot be good parents?

Some may, some may not.

It's the legal litigations the couple needed to go through in order to secure the adoption and custody of an undocumented infant.

For instance, are they in position to perform a DNA examination?

Guest Cleanly Teacher
13 hours ago, wilfgene said:

Given the tremendous structures of the American judiciary and social welfare systems, I am hard-pressed to buy the report.

They are real people so this is definitey a true story. I assume Peter and Danny are probably not discussing all of the difficult problems they faced along the way to adopting Kevin, for the sake of writing a "happy" book, and to not be perceived as complaining about old obstacles. Their focus appears to be on the destination rather than the journey.

Guest Skeeter Beater Aerosol

That is a very lovely story. Kevin is lucky to have spent his childhood in NYC, which is not a perfect place, but it's still much easier to find acceptance there while growing up as an Indian-American boy adopted by a White and Hispanic gay couple. I agree the two fathers probably left out a lot of anxious details in order to sell their book as a fairy tale with a happy ending (not that kind). But they seem to have overcome any obstacles either way, and if my math is correct, Danny & Peter should be celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary this year and their overall 25th anniversary as a couple next year. Kevin's university graduation should be on the horizon as well. So many nice milestones for their family.

• fab changed the title to Tokyo just made history by being the largest city in Japan to recognise same-sex partnerships!
  • G_M changed the title to Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.