Male HQ

What Kind Of Clubs I Need For Driving Range?

You don't need the whole set. You can start with Iron #7.

Don't forget your gloves ;)

Edited by Curious_Mac

===================================================================
homophobia is NOT a phobia. 
you are not scared. you're just being an a-hole!

I N S T A G R A M  |   F L I C K R  |  T U M B L R  

love-smiley-086.gif

yeap! thanks alot!!

how much does the range cost typically?

It'll depend on where you'd like to play.

For example at Sembawang Country Club, one ball can cost as low as 2 cents during off-peak hours (early mornings) -- $2.00 = 100 balls.

For Sentosa Golf Club, 100 balls can cost up to $30. I am not sure if they have off peak promotion.

As for others, it'll cost around 50-80 cents per ball.

love-smiley-086.gif

It'll depend on where you'd like to play.

For example at Sembawang Country Club, one ball can cost as low as 2 cents during off-peak hours (early mornings) -- $2.00 = 100 balls.

For Sentosa Golf Club, 100 balls can cost up to $30. I am not sure if they have off peak promotion.

As for others, it'll cost around 50-80 cents per ball.

hmm you mean for driving range.. we do not need to pay any more fees.. like entry.. or memberships.. just.. for the balls?

hmm you mean for driving range.. we do not need to pay any more fees.. like entry.. or memberships.. just.. for the balls?

It will depend on where you'd like to play.

Normally, you just need to buy the range card and you can use the driving range facilities already.

But if you'd like to play at upscale clubssuch as Tanah Merah Country Club, Sentosa etc., AFAIK, you need to pay an entrance fee.

love-smiley-086.gif

Hello all!

Just wondering, for a newbie in golf, what kind of golf clubs is needed that can be used in driving ranges...?

Just one club will do? Or do i need multiple clubs base on my shooting distance etc?

If you wanna get feeling about golf, one club will do. Unless you are seriously want to take up this kind of game, then can get a 'beginner set'

Some pros in some driving ranges do provide 'golf set' for use by their disciple so long you engage them as teaching pro or learning golf from them.

Edited by crazygolfer

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Hi CamperBoy,

Welcome to the world of Golf! For a newbie it is recommended that you enrol in golf lessons that will lead you to obtaining a PC (Proficiency Certificate)

If you are planning to just whack golf balls at the range for fun, any club will do, but I recommend an 8 or 9 iron...more encouraging.

How long have you been into golf? Which range do you plan to hit those balls? :)

Hi CamperBoy,

Welcome to the world of Golf! For a newbie it is recommended that you enrol in golf lessons that will lead you to obtaining a PC (Proficiency Certificate)

If you are planning to just whack golf balls at the range for fun, any club will do, but I recommend an 8 or 9 iron...more encouraging.

How long have you been into golf? Which range do you plan to hit those balls? :)

Cool. Maybe I will get 8 then.

I am total newbie. I did learned a bit during my secondary school days.... some enrichment courses that the school offers...

To get coach is no problem. But money is the problem wahahha

Am planning to just go to sembawang, or the one at Bukit batok or tpy....

Not ready for the elite country clubs yet lol

Guest chubbylover

Cool. Maybe I will get 8 then.

I am total newbie. I did learned a bit during my secondary school days.... some enrichment courses that the school offers...

To get coach is no problem. But money is the problem wahahha

Am planning to just go to sembawang, or the one at Bukit batok or tpy....

Not ready for the elite country clubs yet lol

I dun recommend the range at bt batok, cos they are not using grass but some synthetic rubber stuff: your balls bounce and bounce and roll and roll so very far, but that does not reflect the true course of your ball flight and landing distance.

Can always go and play at the public courses in JB la, more affordable. :)

Guest guest

CamperBoy, i think there are alot BWers that are good golfers. Why not PM them for some advise (maybe even meet up with them). I think crazygolfer is the most suitable candidate based on his inputs on this forum about golf. I was into golf too but gave up because I cant handling the club (can handle my own didi better). Based on my friend's advise, I bought a beginner set. At the end, I realised it is a big mistake as after the coaching course, I realised I don't have the talent/patient in golf. So my advise is

1. Get a good coach, you don't need to buy a club. THe coach will provide for you one FOC but cannot take back only during lesson.

2. Play a few lessons and see at the end of the lesson, if this is what interest you.

3. Don't go for angmo coaches because so far i don't think they are that good ( like if u hit good shot, they said good but bad short they said u stance is wrong).

4. Also look for a coach that can record your full swing and play back for you. It is a big NO NO to go for a coach that is just manually teaching you without showing the replay of your swing.

5. Also be on a lookout for coaches tat are out to rip you of your money. It happens to my friend twice. So big no no.

6. Remember expensive doesn't mean good and cheap doesn't mean good either.

7. Also remember those local professionals that played in tournaments. Don't ever get them as coach. So far i didn't hear any good reviews from friend.

8. remember some coaches will try to sell you their type of clubs, you must make sure it suits you. Buying beginner clubs (as set) will waste money because eventually you most likely will get another set. Also people will buy irons separately from woods. Usually beginner set will come as full set. It would be a waste too.

9. Best is to have 1 or 2 friends join you for the lesson.

One good way is to visit the driving range of your choice and pretend to sit near them and observe their coaching methods before you decide. If you are at Bukit batok, my friend used to train under Alvin and was told his is quite a down to earth guy but that was 3-4 years back.

Hope this help and enjoy your game.

• Guest locked this topic