Male HQ

Anime Discussion (Compiled)

oralb

• 3 months later...

Latest Anime Review (as of today, only broadcasted Episode 4)

Nabari no O

Nabari_Logo.png

Nabarisora.jpg

Japanese has a certain fixation with ninja and hence from the land of the raising sun, there is a new animation called “Nabari no O”, roughly translated as King of the Hidden World.

Recommended for fans of Naruto that are sick of Naruto’s draggy storyline, never ending fillers and constant shouting of Naruto (come one by now after so many things had happened, you would have thought he be a little mature)

Plot:

In the ninja world, there exist a hijutsu called Shinrabanshō (森羅万象 all things nature) which contains all the knowledge in the world and able the holder to perform miracle. Initially the top 5 ninja clans decided to destroy it, but as time goes by, a few decided to use its power to achieve their goal.

Fast forward to modern Japan, Miharu Rokujo is your average high school student, whom only issue then was to prevent being pulled by fellow classmate, Kouichi, and English teacher, Mr Thobari, into joining the Ninja Club. When he was protected by them from a group of attacking ninja, Miharu realized that the Shinrabanshō was contained within him and hence he was sought after by different ninja groups.

There exist a hidden world, a world of ninja, from the public eyes, and Mr Thobari told Miharu that in order to survive this, he had to be the King of the hidden world (the title Nabari no O)

Review:

It is unavoidable to compare this with Naruto since both series shared quite a number of similarities. For example, protagonist processed the hidden stuff that’s sorted after (Naruto’s Nine tailed Fox vs Miharu’s Shinrabanshō), the existence of various Ninja clans, secondary character seeking revenge from elder sibling for killing the whole clan.

However Nabari strength is the refreshing change from Naruto, set in modern world, it is rather unique to see modern means of life being portrayed in the tale, like the use of Internet to issue Ninja command, the lead antagonist was a head politician.

Miharu wasn’t the usual hot blooded main character as well, initially he was rather indifferent towards others (simply bo chap attitude) which later was explained that he would rather keep a distance from others to avoid others being hurt and hurting him as well. This notion of keeping a distance was repeated in the series. However he was also well versed in acting innocent or cute to get his way, most notably in his dealing with Mr Thobari.

Slated to be 26 episodes only, at least I don’t have the feeling of watching a never ending anime.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Just an additional note on this anime...

i watched till episode 6 and found it good too. :thumb:

For those learning japanese,

This anime is also another source for learning. The jap lang used in this anime is quite basic. plus there are eng subtitles.

One of the methods recommended by my jap teachers is to watch Jap dramas/Animes (not jap pxxns :lol: ). Only look at the eng subtitles to confirm if u have understood correctly or if u cant understand certain parts, it worked well for me.

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

• 4 months later...

Ghibli Studio New Release - Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

5677_200807261314001M1ma.jpg

日本东宝电影公司宣布,动画大师宫崎骏的新作品《悬崖上的金鱼姬》,七月19日在日本正式公映,短短三天票房收入已达15.75亿日元(约合一亿元人民币),观看人数约125万人次。

就上映三天的票房成绩来看,《悬崖上的金鱼姬》票房达到2001年上映的宫崎骏动画电影《千与千寻》上映头三天票房的96.6%。三天内总计有125万人次观赏《悬崖上的金鱼姬》,是《千与千寻》前三天观影人次的101.4%。《千与千寻》一片最后总票房为304亿日元(约合19.5亿人民币),创下日本电影史上最高票房纪录。

《悬崖上的金鱼姬》讲述一只美人鱼想变成人的故事,是宫崎骏自2004年执导《哈尔的移动城堡》以来首部长篇大作。本片不仅在大都市受到欢迎,日本各地的影院也涌入相当多的观众,观众遍及男女老幼,观众看完后满意度高,口碑相当好。(长江商报)

===============

English Translation.

On 19 july, Japanese film company Toho's released another new animation by master animator; Hayao Miyazaki's "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea". About 1.25 million people watched the movie and it's three-day box office revenue has reached 1.5 billion yen.

The three-day box-office results of "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" reached about 96.6% of the box office set by Hayao Miyazaki's earlier animated film "Spirited Away" in 2001. For three days, a total of 1.25 million people watch "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" and it is about 101.4% of the same three day for "Spirited Away". "Spirited Away" box office bags a total 30.4 million yen, and it was the highest box office record in the history of Japanese animation.

"Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" is about a mermaid who would like to become a human. It is directed by Hayao Miyazaki. In 2004, Miyazaki also directed "Howel's Moving Castle" which has been considered a first class masterpiece. The film not only was well received in the city, it was also well received all over Japan. It garnered a a lot of audience; men, women and children after receiving good reviews and by good word-of-mouth. (Yangtze Daily)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really good! Like how they capture the atmosphere really well straight from the first episode. It's dark, dramatic with lots of great action scenes.

Those titans have creepy faces but they're HILARIOUS sometimes haha

ibt0YbiFzUEu2M.gif

notice how that stupid guy get kick. instantly flew off HAHAHAHAHAHA *piak*

Edited by Spencer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heh.. my list as follows:

Currently still following: Naruto Shiuppuden <--- sheesh now is at the peak part~ XD

Shingeki no Kyojin soon <-- jus got the episodes from my colleaugues~ wahaha

Anybody watch avatar the last airbender? looks like the eng version of naruto~ hahah...

now watching The legend of Korra Book 2~!

Bleach <-- anime finished...sad... but the manga looks pretty interesting now... hope unohana didnt die... my goodness!!!

- fma brotherhood

- souleater

- dgrayman

- digimon series =D

• 3 weeks later...

宮崎駿導演『風起』劇場用4分鐘預告 大公開!(風立ちぬ)(The Wind Rises)(起風了)(風起之時)(Kaze Tachinu)(Trailor)

Another Studio Ghibli Animation coming

Behind The Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkmZFJvZ-4

omg i didn't know they used arai yumi's song as the movie theme song again!

wanna go watch! 

Line: qqnom

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.