Male HQ

Discussion on Good / Bad Landlord & Tenant - Story & Real Life Case (Compiled)

Guest guest

Where can I find Prima's Laksa instant La Mien? its disappeared from the shelves, now got new flavours like Fish Soup and Chilli, but Laksa is the best.

to TS, I suggest landlord should prepare fine French food for the tenants. I  do not suggest Italian.

Guest LONEly NIGht

I don't. see anything wrong as landlord to allow instant noodle restriction on tenant as l have make it clear when they view the room, so my place only suitable for those who don't cook, they can still cook instant noodle if not feeling to go out.

Guest Raiden Alpha

I don't. see anything wrong as landlord to allow instant noodle restriction on tenant as l have make it clear when they view the room, so my place only suitable for those who don't cook, they can still cook instant noodle if not feeling to go out.

Don't worry I understand and I'm not judging you.

After all one type of rice will breed a hundred type of people and thinking.

I'm just saying its never a easy choice for one to live under someone roof and be a global nomad that's all.

Even though i am not incline to make friends with FTs not because of hate but because of upholding Nationalism i cant..

Sometimes I feel bad for global nomads(游子)when I read things like what some of the ^landlords above did and impose on them...

But this is a choice they made themselves, they must bear the good and bitterness of it all.

-可怜之人,必有可恨之处-

Sigh,fate is a cruel and ironic mistress.

This is coming from a gay man? It's as good as a str8 man saying " I won't be friends with you as you are gay".

Using "nationalism" as an excuse to discriminate.

Guest Raiden Alpha

This is coming from a gay man? It's as good as a str8 man saying " I won't be friends with you as you are gay".

Using "nationalism" as an excuse to discriminate.

And you are using your own personal party alliance and preference to bitch and insult people with alternate views all these years on BW.

What you are doing is even more worse than me.

Guest Guest

And you are using your own personal party alliance and preference to bitch and insult people with alternate views all these years on BW.

:clap:  :thumb:  well said Raiden Alpha, give it to that bitch good!

huh, I got suppress your views? Looks like you are suppressing mine, no? Personal party alliance? Lol.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
Guest guest

all landlord dont like their tenants to hide in the rm for  many days . everytime have to chase them to go out.Not only electricity consume high, worry they might be dead never see them out for few days.

Yes, I've been a landlord before and I have made specific request for my tenant to have their doors open (unless they are changing clothes and resting/sleeping).  I respect their privacy but to lock themselves in the room for days.... don't they need to eat and go to the gents...is a no-no.  

Guest No. I dont do that

I am currently a landlord and I never bother my tenant. I fully respect their privacy. They come all the way from their country and already stress with heavy workload. What wrong with just let them rest and relax in their room with some privacy.

Guest Moaning
1 hour ago, Guest No. I dont do that said:

I am currently a landlord and I never bother my tenant. I fully respect their privacy. They come all the way from their country and already stress with heavy workload. What wrong with just let them rest and relax in their room with some privacy.

Do you let them brings gals or guys back so that they can occasionally relieve stress from their work?

I do allow my co-tenants to bring  a guest home, as long as they take responsibility should any unpleasant things happened. So far things have been in good order.

Anyway, I only have 1 co-tenant at a time. Guess its easier to handle matters.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

Landlord should allow tenant to bring his bf aka best friend hehe... to the room occasionally.

Landlord should not spy on tenant or ask tenant where have you been such kind of questions.

7 hours ago, abang said:

Yes, I've been a landlord before and I have made specific request for my tenant to have their doors open (unless they are changing clothes and resting/sleeping).  I respect their privacy but to lock themselves in the room for days.... don't they need to eat and go to the gents...is a no-no.  

I'm sorry but if I'm renting a room, my business is none of your business and it's up to me to leave my door open or not. I honestly can't deal with that request. But I guess it also depends on how you communicate that to me. Just my two cents.

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Guest Kev said:

I'm sorry but if I'm renting a room, my business is none of your business and it's up to me to leave my door open or not. I honestly can't deal with that request. But I guess it also depends on how you communicate that to me. Just my two cents.

I agree. I would hate it if people spy on me when I am doing my work or reading on my bed. This is already a basic infringement of my right to privacy, regardless what the landlord may claim.

12 hours ago, abang said:

This request is rather strange.

I rather they keep their doors closed.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

29 minutes ago, fab said:

This request is rather strange.

I rather they keep their doors closed.

Yes, I felt so...I wanted my own privacy if I m living as their landlord w them

and we are all adults, this is not a dormitory for students

if we are worried for them, knock on their doors and then show concerns, this is called human touch

12 minutes ago, iamziz said:

I have been renting for the past 5 years. There were occasions my door opened without my permission. I decided to teach them a lesson. Flashed myself naked in front of the men and lady who opened the door to teach the importance of respect and privacy. ''Lessons'' well taught.

Y din u lock from inside?

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Just now, fab said:

Y din u lock frim inside?

Landlords have keys to open from outside. I don't have additional latch from inside. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

19 minutes ago, iamziz said:

I have been renting for the past 5 years. There were occasions my door opened without my permission. I decided to teach them a lesson. Flashed myself naked in front of the men and lady who opened the door to teach the importance of respect and privacy. ''Lessons'' well taught.

What did you do??

Just now, Chubby_1986 said:

What did you do??

Quickly undressed myself when I heard door opened and looked angry pointing my finger at my dick standing  :P

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

6 minutes ago, iamziz said:

Quickly undressed myself when I heard door opened and looked angry pointing my finger at my dick standing  :P

Lol.

I hope u were jerking furiously to show your displease.

Coming to your landlord din they not know u were in the room?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Just now, fab said:

Lol.

I hope u were jerking furiously to show your displease.

Coming to your landlord din they not know u were in the room?

LOL! Siao :lol:

They get comfortable to just come in without checking to do maintenance work. This is part of a terrace house. Not a common HDB room.

― J'son M. Lee 

13 hours ago, abang said:

Im very surprised this is considered acceptable by some. Did you specify so in your contract? 

To be honest if a landlord makes that request, i would immediately decline and look for another place. 

8 minutes ago, iamziz said:

LOL! Siao :lol:

They get comfortable to just come in without checking to do maintenance work. This is part of a terrace house. Not a common HDB room.

U should charge them for oggling at your body.

Joke aside they r too much. If i will leave chair or small drawer at the back of door to prevent them from coming in.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

11 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

so many landlords surfacing in this thread!

Dont ve to be landlords or tenants. Can be just kaypos.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Teatree

Live and let live, everything will be fine.  Any specific requirement from both parties should be laid down in writing in the Tenancy Agreement.  Attached an Annex if you are the calculative type of person with a long list of do and don't. 

Guest Tenant

One day the shared bathroom old water heater spoilt. My landlord blamed me to spoil it. The water heater was replaced and I was forced to pay 60% of the cost S$120. Another day my Air Cond suddenly was not working after a wire man did something in the house. Next day my landlord asked an air Cond man to come and repair. It was later found power cable broken at the landlord room where is my room next door. Again I was asked to cash out 50% of the cost S$60. Shouldn't maintenance be under landlord responsibilities and cost? Next I worry the old washer will break down one day which will cost a few hundreds.

Guest Landlord
8 minutes ago, Guest Tenant said:

One day the shared bathroom old water heater spoilt. My landlord blamed me to spoil it. The water heater was replaced and I was forced to pay 60% of the cost S$120. Another day my Air Cond suddenly was not working after a wire man did something in the house. Next day my landlord asked an air Cond man to come and repair. It was later found power cable broken at the landlord room where is my room next door. Again I was asked to cash out 50% of the cost S$60. Shouldn't maintenance be under landlord responsibilities and cost? Next I worry the old washer will break down one day which will cost a few hundreds.

Yes, maintenance is under landlord responsibilities unless it is stated otherwise in the Tenancy Agreement.  How did the landlord forced you to pay?  He grabbed your wallet and fished out the money from it? 

Guest guest
3 hours ago, iamziz said:

If your bod and dick are yummy, this will encourage them to abruptly come in more often. :clap:

Otherwise, this will be the last time.^_^

Guest Guest
17 hours ago, abang said:

Haha might as well rent out the room without a door

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, iamziz said:

and there are actually members who believe this? are we talking about The Flash or just The Flasher here?

Guest guest

I rented a room and end up slept and had sec with my landlord. Ever since then I don't hv to pay rent. Haha I hv not been paying rent for the last 14 years!

So good right. Landlord became bf. No need pay rent and hv sex few times a week. I must say my life is good!

Guest Guest

Many Singaporean landlords r very strange.

They want the money but many can't part with their privacy, and wanting the tenants to bathe little or consume very little water n electricity. 

While there r good n not so good landlords, there r also good n not so good tenants.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
49 minutes ago, kingbitch said:

I do. iamziz doesnt make up stuff.  And yea I know him personally he is cool enough to do such a thing. 

facepalm_laugh

Guest Good landlord

Abang was a teacher before so the tendency to give instructions... I was a teacher too so I can relate to what he said.

not withstanding, I don't lay out any rules to my tenant except tht rental just be paid on time. I have had 3 tenants so far and all have been very good. They can shower for however long they like and switch on aircond... I included all in the rental already. Most wld bring their friends back to stay overnight too as Long as it is not long term stay.

only one tried to get fresh with me and we had sex for a few months. When he left for HK, we had a farewell sex session! 

Guest Utilities
1 minute ago, Guest Good landlord said:

Abang was a teacher before so the tendency to give instructions... I was a teacher too so I can relate to what he said.

not withstanding, I don't lay out any rules to my tenant except tht rental just be paid on time. I have had 3 tenants so far and all have been very good. They can shower for however long they like and switch on aircond... I included all in the rental already. Most wld bring their friends back to stay overnight too as Long as it is not long term stay.

only one tried to get fresh with me and we had sex for a few months. When he left for HK, we had a farewell sex session! 

Any rental discount after sex? Btw what portion of the rental actually account for the tenant's utilities? Why landlord and tenant like to strangle each other over utilities bills?

• G_M changed the title to Discussion on Good / Bad Landlord & Tenant - Story & Real Life Case (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.