Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest austinpowers

Alright for guys to be topless in hot S'pore. (at home, at pool, at beach, at park/ sports venue when exercising)

It is not indecent exposure. Have confidence.

Agree with Teck Meng. Singapore is too warm to exercise outdoors with a shirt on.

Guest austinpowers

...i dont dare to leave my home without a top.

Just try it. You will get used to it after a while and even enjoy it. If you are to be seen running topless anyway, why fret over being topless during that very short time between the inside of your home and the start of your run?

Guest Johan

Agree with Teck Meng. Singapore is too warm to exercise outdoors with a shirt on.

Was at Bedok Stadium yesterday.

Saw a 30 yr old guy running on the tracks topless, he got a nice body I am say.

But he was the only topless guy around.

Guest austinpowers

Good for him - confident. Good for you - got nice view.

I just came back from a run. Cloudy, but the air was very still and warm.

Guest alien

Haha, u already said he has a nice body, tht's y he was the only topless guy ard lor. If a person has a nice body, dun think he will be shy or dun dare to run topless.

Guest alien

Depends on wht time u exercise outdoor. If u exercise during the day when the sun is hot, confirm exercise with a shirt on a bit too warm. But if u exercise at night, i think still can exercise with a shirt on lah.

Guest brando

LOL I was also there and the only one running topless....but I don't think it was the nice body that you saw?

Guest lonelydudesg

any1 can go topless if he want. the most important if you comfortable with it.

for me if i am really sweat till my singlet stick on my skins...i go topless and run back...

if u didn't go topless..the sweat might give u backacne..or u feel itchy...

:)

Yes, that is the one connecting Ten Mile Junction to the other end of CCK. Jog there twice a week, if possible.

Guest alien

any1 can go topless if he want. the most important if you comfortable with it.

for me if i am really sweat till my singlet stick on my skins...i go topless and run back...

if u didn't go topless..the sweat might give u backacne..or u feel itchy...

:)

Haha, if u wait until u sweat until ur singlet stick on ur skin, i think a bit too late to take off liao, might as well stay with ur sweaty sticky singlet on. For me, if i want to take off, i wld take off before i start running, to prevent my singlet getting wet.

I always see some guys, their back is full of backacne! Maybe it is due to the reason tht they always exercise with a wet sweaty shirt on???

It's a matter of preference. I have seen all kinds of topless runners - young to old / fit to flabby. It's definitely eye candy plus motivating to spot a yummmy-licious runner right...

I will only go topless when i am doing more than 5km run (where i will perspire alot by then). If not, i will keep my singlet on, nothing to show. :P

Guest alien

Was at East Coast, near fort road, for a jog last night around 6-7pm. You can see plenty of hot guys running topless.. Yum..

It is very common to see many guys running topless at ECP lah, nothing special.

Guest alien

It's a matter of preference. I have seen all kinds of topless runners - young to old / fit to flabby. It's definitely eye candy plus motivating to spot a yummmy-licious runner right...

I will only go topless when i am doing more than 5km run (where i will perspire alot by then). If not, i will keep my singlet on, nothing to show. :P

Haha, if u r those who perspire easily, no matter whether u r running short or long distance also can sweat like water tap! Actually i think the reason of running topless is not to show anything lah, running topless is becos the person feel hot, or feel uncomforable wearing a top.

Whats really wrong with running topless, or the big deal about running topless?

I used to run topless with my teammates when we were competiting on the National level.

If the run is so long and things gets real sweaty and uncomfortable , you might as well take off your tank top and heck care what others think.

Last Friday night, I decided to run, really run, along East Coast, starting from Tanah Merah, and ended at the furthest end of Fort Road.

Total time I took was like 1 hr and 20mins of slow jog.

Half way, when I sweated so much, its really worth to jog topless, while the sea breeze cools your overheated body.

Plus Plus when you meet other male topless runners along the way , we tend to check each others bod surrepitituously, and give a silent smle/nod...

Running topless all sweaty is a form of celebration of how comfortable you feel you accepted yourself to be.

Incidentally I was listening to a few versions of Madonna's celebration at the same time

"feel my temperture rising...its too much heat and i lose control.... do you wanna to go higher...get closer to the fire...I don't know what you are waiting for..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9CJTi08QgA&feature=related

Guest alien

saw this hot guy running pass me topless last night around 7:20 near bukit panjang plaza. wah, super hot! even hotter than the weather! lol

I assume this topless guy u saw must have a nice fit bod as well, which is y he is even super hot than the weather. Lean fit guy who is running topless sweating till shorts is wet is double confirm hotter than the hot weather!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Torak

Wah saw 3 topless joggers yesterday when I was jogging at abt 6pm at Hg Stadium。 All have fit bodies & 6 pacs。。。Great sights to jog together with them。。。 Haha

This thread has got me really curious. I used to work in Singapore until 1990 and jogging topless or exercising topless in the parks was never a big deal back then. It was quite common, in fact. Have things changed so much since I left?

Incidentally, I practice tennis topless before the other players come, when I am at the club in Penang and I have never had any problems. At the Botanical Gardens, along the main roads and even in the housing estates in Penang, guys also go jogging topless, too. Luckily for me, I live near the beach so it's quite common to see guys (including tourists) going about topless, even to the sundry shops.

Unfortunately, most of the guys who go around topless in other parts of Penang, are not exercising. Needless to say, they are far from fit, let alone eye candy...even those half my age. *sigh*

Old and experienced but always ready for naughty fun! 

Guest Outdoors

I noticed there are several threads on shirtless jogging and exhibitionism.. and i thought i could start a discussion on general shirtlessness. For myself sometimes I would go to the void deck shirtless for a smoke at night. Do any of you guys hang out in public without a shirt? I know in some other countries it is quite common to see guys shirtless just walking about in public areas and even shopping.. but that is very rare in singapore, even though the weather is always very hot! Only on some rare occasion I see some guys hanging out with friends at the void deck shirtless, and I think its kind of hot (if they have a good bod).

There was on time afew years back though, i saw a group of malay teens in heeren (when HMV was still there) with one guy without a shirt! But I guess it was a dare or something.. he was really skinny, and he slung his shirt over his shoulder.. anyone have any shirtless experiences to share?

I did see a very nicely built & tanned guy with pony tail, shirtless, pushing his toddler daughter in a stroller at the Whampoa Hawker centre 2 sundays ago. Real cool to see a shirtless man ( think he's probably a Singaporean who used to live overseas as he was wearing very nice surf shorts & slippers) with pecs, abs and nice shoulders and arms, eating and buying stuff as in daily life.

I saw one lean toned built man (dunno the age, but should be in his mid 40s from his matured look), holding his young son's hand. His son should be around age 6 -7 yo; walking along the pavement at outside Jurong Point. WEll-tanned with solid chest muscle, abs without shirt. He was wearing only a pair of NIKE white running shorts. I was able to see his hot bulge from the fron and the solid ass crack from the back.

Guest Outdoors

Wow that's hot! I think its really hot to see guys with good bods who are shirtless where they are not "supposed" to be shirtless. It shows great self-confidence.. I read online that in other countries it is not rare for guys to go shopping shirtless, and even watch movies shirtless! And then they had shirtless PE lessons in schools, and then there is a guy who became quite famous for going to school shirtless everyday.. you can read about it here! http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/1117shirtlessguy17.html

Guest alien

I remember when i was young, i saw many guys like to go to the coffeshop nearby their house topless. I also remember my neighbour downstairs a guy who was in sec sch, i always saw him shirtless and walked to the coffeeshop and supermarket across our blk to buy food and things.

But i think nowadays u dun see such pple anymore, perhaps pple now are more "shy" or they r aware tht they shld not "expose" themselves in public places like eatery and supermarket. Unless u r exercising like jogging or playing sports, maybe still may find guys shirtless. But i find tht the number of guys going shirtless even during exercising is getting lesser esp in heartlanders area.

Guest Outdoors

That is true.. I think cuz like mango_juice said.. alot of aunties complain.. nowadays we have stomp, every little thing also people want to stomp.. as for shirtless outing, it sounds interesting.. but I myself am quite shy, just going downstairs shirtless is like an adventure for me..

Hey is this topic discriminatory? I assume no one will want to see a shirtless uncle with tummy? So when everyone says they want to see shirtless are they all talking about those with super bods only?

Any case, it is very common to see workers shirtless in HK during summer. I see them all the time. Only then did i realize i don't see that in Singapore.

They will be like delivery men, construction workers, drivers etc. What a group of my friends call the "der ders" .... as in workers, drivers, plumber etc

my geek gay blog at www.formanz.com

Guest Gemini80

yes yes I agree...when I was there in hong kong during the summer, I see quite a no of workers working topless regardless even if it's the city area or even if they do not have a good bod. people will jusy walk past not taking much attention to their toplessness :-)

Hey is this topic discriminatory? I assume no one will want to see a shirtless uncle with tummy? So when everyone says they want to see shirtless are they all talking about those with super bods only?

Any case, it is very common to see workers shirtless in HK during summer. I see them all the time. Only then did i realize i don't see that in Singapore.

They will be like delivery men, construction workers, drivers etc. What a group of my friends call the "der ders" .... as in workers, drivers, plumber etc

Guest Erotictales

Years back, visited HK in July. Yes, saw many shirtless guys about. One whole group of lean fit construction workers having lunch topless in a fast food joint. Many guys topless at ladies market etc.

Singapore is getting too prudish about this. No thanks to nonsense like Stomp. I remember there was this gal who even posted a video of a guy in running shorts. She was complaining the shorts offended her because it's short. (Shorts cannot be short, by her thinking).

10minutes ago, I alight from a bus at ayer rajah , then 2 young (around 18-20) lean fit sweaty and sexy boy run shirtless passby me! Saw their sweaty and sexy abs, and one of the boy, his pants fall until can see his butt crack! Gosh! Wish I could run with them !! That is extremely HOTT!!! Makes me so horny >< lol

Guest Outdoors

From what I read about online (mostly other countires), most people don't like to see fat uncles or moobs.. but I'm not discriminating against anyone, I mean, if the weather is really hot, can't blame them right? But so far I've only encountered such uncles in those see-through net singlets.. I remember once I saw this uncle in McDonalds.

Guest Gemini80

well guess the only ppl who can go topless going around are the old uncles. cos I have seen tons of them

walking around topless, sitting at coffeeshop topless. these uncles are not just going topless at their house corridor or void deck but seen them at neighborhood centers too. yet no one had commented anything bout them.

going topless I would say is a guy's thingy. I develop going topless when I was in the arrmy. but sad to say that going topless in this era had seem to become a way of showing off nice bod. if you do not have a nice bod you should always keep your shirt on? sigh...this have also indirectly cause guys to be shy bout going topless.

have we forgotten the basic purpose of going topless when we are at home? it's to keepl ourselves cooler rite and not an act of showing off bod or anything. :-)

Years back, visited HK in July. Yes, saw many shirtless guys about. One whole group of lean fit construction workers having lunch topless in a fast food joint. Many guys topless at ladies market etc.

Singapore is getting too prudish about this. No thanks to nonsense like Stomp. I remember there was this gal who even posted a video of a guy in running shorts. She was complaining the shorts offended her because it's short. (Shorts cannot be short, by her thinking).

Yesterday morning while walking to office (wan chai area) i saw 3 shirtless workers unloading from a lorry. One of them on top of the lorry was young, fit and manly. Almost wanted to take a photo to post here but there were a lot of office workers walking to office. Am too shy to be publicly taking photos of shirtless guys. Today is sunny day. Am sure will see more.

my geek gay blog at www.formanz.com

This is a huge topic actually, I'm glad Outdoors raised it up. I joined a yahoo group about shirtless lifestyle but as usual it's mostly ang mo in USA and UK.

Just this morning I saw a fit uncle (late 40s to early 50s) jogging shirtless at near clementi mrt. He had a good bod and even abs, but a strange vacant look on his face. Oddly it wasn't so much his shirtlessness (he was wearing running shorts and a waist pouch), but the fact that he was jogging very slowly ON the road AGAINST the traffic that was a head turner. But anyway he ended up back on the pavement after a while lah.

It's really quit ironic that nowadays the only men who seem to be comfortable being topless in public when not doing sports is old uncles. Many guys, myself included are so hung up on our body image or afraid of having people complain that we don't have the confidence to do so anymore. On the other hand, maybe we associate shirtlessness with low income or education so we try to avoid it? At least in some environments...

Anyway I agree we shouldn't discriminate. Someone mentioned maybe the fat uncles will be induced to exercise and improve their bodies because of this, but that really misses the point. What makes you think the fat uncle is concerned about what you think of his body? He probably went shirtless cos its more comfortable, and couldn't care less if anyone was looking at him or not. In fact, he might even take offence if you stared at him, regardless of whether it's a positive or negative stare. :-p so why would he wanna do something to his body that would attract more attention, right?

That said, obviously a shirtless hot body would be a most welcome sight. I really love the idea of spending a whole day outside doing things shirtless with no "safety shirt". So is this going to signal the start of a bw shirtless activity club?

Guest Outdoors

I agree that a shirtless club sounds great! It can help those of us who are shy to be more open to the idea of a shirtless lifestyle. I've read a lot on such topics online and its like grandcharm said, most of them are from US or UK. Some guys go for days without a shirt on, doing their daily routines.. And "Shirtless Club" gave me an idea also.. go clubbing shirtless? Maybe to a club like play.. wonder if it is acceptable?

Edited by Outdoors

Guest alien

Totally agreed. Shirtless workers in HK are very common during summer, sometimes even in winter u might still able to spot a few shirtless workers if the weather temp hover ard 22 deg. Esp when they are doing some unloading or setting up stalls at those night street market, u will see tons of shirtless guys working in summer.

But in s'pore it seems like there are lesser and lesser guys going shirtless in public, even workers who are working under the hot weather. U dun see them go topless anymore?! I wonder why? :unsure:

Totally agreed. Shirtless workers in HK are very common during summer, sometimes even in winter u might still able to spot a few shirtless workers if the weather temp hover ard 22 deg. Esp when they are doing some unloading or setting up stalls at those night street market, u will see tons of shirtless guys working in summer.

But in s'pore it seems like there are lesser and lesser guys going shirtless in public, even workers who are working under the hot weather. U dun see them go topless anymore?! I wonder why? :unsure:

UV causes ageing. Don't wanna spend too much on skin care after that.. :D :D :D

I agree that a shirtless club sounds great! It can help those of us who are shy to be more open to the idea of a shirtless lifestyle. I've read a lot on such topics online and its like grandcharm said, most of them are from US or UK. Some guys go for days without a shirt on, doing their daily routines.. And "Shirtless Club" gave me an idea also.. go clubbing shirtless? Maybe to a club like play.. wonder if it is acceptable?

Wow... this is getting quite interesting. Can you imagine a group of shirtless guys with good bod...? hhhmmm... I'd like to join as well (although i don't hav 6 pax, but at least I don't belong to the fat and bulging tummy category)... sorry, dun mean to discriminate... Just speaking from the heart :lol:

Guest brando

UV causes ageing. Don't wanna spend too much on skin care after that.. :D :D :D

That's why when I go shirtless outdoors, I always wear a cap, at least it shields my face a bit.....

Guest Decent Guy

For myself and my bf who are both considered slim/lean, we go shirtless when we jog. Although we r not deliberate exhibitionist, I recalled there's once when the weather was so humid that we watch the musical fountain at sentosa shirtless. There was also once when we dine at a restaurant in pulau ubin shirtless. I guess it was more for our own comfort as both of is r afraid of hot and humid weather as we get hear rash easily. For myself, I've a couple of tattoos so ppl who look at me will get a stern stare from me :)

Guest Outdoors

Going shirtless does not mean you must have a good body to go shirtless, but I guess it is a great motivation for you to train up to get a good body first, because.. afterall, we are all human and everyone prefers to see a hot body.. I guess we can discuss more about shirtless lifestyle, like, being shirtless in place where it is less common.. places like the beach or swimming pool it is perfectly normal to be shirtless, but I think it is more interesting to discuss about being shirtless in more uncommon places.. I've always wanted to try walking into 7-11 or cheers shirtless to buy a drink, but never dared too..

Guest Outdoors

Yup sometimes when I jog and the thirst is too hard for me to bear with, I wouldn't hesitate to walk in to a 7-11 topless. I guess it's normal as I stay near to a park and the store is just nearby it. I even bought cigarettes late at night there topless and the stall assistant from 7-11, an Indian guy probably from Malaysia, treats me with excelled customer service. Far more better than those u get in orchard or city area 7-11 :)

Wow which 7-11 is that? Maybe I can visit that outlet too. The 7-11 nearest to me is next to a mall, so its very tough to go there shirtless..

Guest truth

I saw someone shirtless outside Iluma a few months ago.

I was hanging out there with some friends when he approached us asking for the time.

Apparently he had played Truth or Dare with his friends, and his friends dared him to stand shirtless outside Iluma for half an hour!

Guest Decent Guy

Wow which 7-11 is that? Maybe I can visit that outlet too. The 7-11 nearest to me is next to a mall, so its very tough to go there shirtless..

There's one near to bedok town park, next to blk 709 bedok reservoir road. Another 7-11 which I went in shirtless before is at sentosa. By the way, I wonder if anyone attempt to go shirtless at those 24hr ntuc? I wanted to but need someone to go with me as a supermarket is far too big n bright.

Guest brando

There's one near to bedok town park, next to blk 709 bedok reservoir road. Another 7-11 which I went in shirtless before is at sentosa. By the way, I wonder if anyone attempt to go shirtless at those 24hr ntuc? I wanted to but need someone to go with me as a supermarket is far too big n bright.

Just wondering, is it illegal to walk barebody in a shopping centre, or a supermarket?

I mean, there's an unspoken dress code in such places, isn't it?

Will it be considered outraging the modesty of some women, even though your shorts aren't down?

In NTUC, where there will be lots of people staring and maybe stealthily snapping photos with their hp for stomp, and the security camera is there to capture your photo, it'll be hard to escape, if one is caught....

Guest brando

I went to a club along Neil Road, can't remember which one now...and took off my shirt.

I wasn't the only one, some others were also dancing topless...

Then got a bit drunk and forgot my shirt on the way out, those bouncers reminded me to wear my shirt before I leave the place....

Guest brando

Sounds thrilling, but I won't dare to go if too crowded.....LOL

Guest Decent guy

Haha I won't mind going with you if you're interested!

I'm always interested to step into those 24hr shop n save and ntuc in the middle of the nite after a sweaty jog or brisk walk. Ps; I only dare to go after midnite. Lesser aunty . If u want, how shall we get in contact? I'm not a member here.

• G_M changed the title to Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic