Male HQ

Singapore Gay Men Known As Prawn?

Guest DK

Your questions (and anguish) is mis-directed.

The main point which I have brought up is awareness. Awareness where the local community in a selected department (looks) is, on a comparative basis.

And I would to bring up the point again - Sporeans are not a good looking race. To be more specific, it is the chinese race. Genes or flaws, these come the origin of the forefathers.

U know, Kendall, by attributing the Chinese Singaporeans’ outlook and appearances to their forefathers’ genes, u have unconsciously dragged Chinese Malaysians, Chinese Bruneians and Tionghoa Indonesians into the picture as we all have virtually the same origins. :ph34r:

Why do you have to focus so much on looks when you know you can love your own looks and do nothing else but attempt to improve your appearance? Oh, do you need us to sing Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” to you? :)

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest passingthru

Looks are subjective. One man's meat( no pun intended ),is another's poison.

There's beauty in every race and everyone within those, has their own beauty. Nature is a wise mother who chooses to give birth to the best. Her plans and laws, however, are disrupted when:

- people propagate for the sake of propagation, ie, their partnerships are contrived/arranged and progeny produced out of social duty and practicality. This happened a lot in the past and is still happening for various reasons but to a lesser extent. Simply put, the genetic combination was simply not meant to be and bears testimony in their issue.

- people fail to take care of themselves through ignorance and circumstances. A poor start during their childhood and formative years is reflected in adulthood.

- the above two are combined!

Can looks be improved? Yes, to a certain degree. The correct regime actually brings about meaningful change and grooming enhances them.

'Unattractiveness' is simply nature's way to isolate the poor gene pool, ie, to prevent their propagation or proliferation. No attraction = no breeding = no continuation of the 'flawed' genes. These 'natural mistakes' have a place in the sun like everyone else but they simply should not contrive to reproduce. It's not about being cruel or nasty but simply letting nature takes its course.

As for Malays, there really are very few who are so called pure. Their genetic pool is very large and varied. They range from caucasoid to negroid and every combination in between. Hence, there is more variation in their looks, features and builts. If societal and religious pressures force partnerships, then this rich gene pool will shrink and produce increasingly poorer specimens.

Guest Truthfully

I think somehow prawn theory is right. Most of the singaporean gays have the body, but look really cmi or just so so. But of course some of them hv good looks too. just rare. Actually it's quite logic if compared with the population of other counties. Anyway, i like singaporean gays because of their brain. I cant be in a relationship with someone stupid, even if they got the look and body.

Guest Indo tionghoa

Not true.

I think SG got good look too. My boss for example.

And many others.

I'm indonesian. And i hav quite alot of handsome sg fren.

And their bod, Yes sg body are nice!!!

Most indonesian are myb average face, but their body CMI.

Never exercise. Eat unhealthy food. Salute for sG guys who train hard for their bod.

Face is gift, body is a hard work.

But abit off topic.

What i find lacking frm SG guys is honesty. I find myself prefer msia or other if i want to find bf. Save trouble for being hurted

prawn, tiger prawn, crabs, whatever it is, as long they are edible, just eat them. who cares?

Hahahaha! I love this comment. The dick of an ugly guy maybe just as good as the dick of the handsome guy..or sometimes even better! Eat all you can! :-)

Guest Fantasy

I am Indonesian, to be honest I can't see the difference which Singaporean, Taiwanese even if Indonesian with Chinese decent look in Singapore I wont be able to notice till they talk

So yeah, prawn tag can't be generalize it belong to an individual I guess

The biggest singapore cocks I have every had are from prawn looking men. so i just try not to look at their faces and focus on their dicks instead. it helps. :thumb:

Guest Kendall

U know, Kendall, by attributing the Chinese Singaporeans’ outlook and appearances to their forefathers’ genes, u have unconsciously dragged Chinese Malaysians, Chinese Bruneians and Tionghoa Indonesians into the picture as we all have virtually the same origins. :ph34r:

Why do you have to focus so much on looks when you know you can love your own looks and do nothing else but attempt to improve your appearance? Oh, do you need us to sing Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” to you? :)

I share my views based on the given topic. I do not call names, and I do not shut off a discussion just because the views may not gp down well on some people.

It is interesting to see how topics are being discussed in here. It is always the 'agree and flourish, disagree or perish' approach by some people in here. Is it how the Spore education system has turned out the way discussions are conducted locally? Or the way the local political system has made pple to be?

Before I am being accused of changing the topic, scathing or not, my point is, looks has lots to do with genes, and the genes that came via the migrants from southern china to southeast asia (read: Spore included) in general are different from those in North Asia. I state a fact that can be challenged, but so far I only see emotional (and sexual) outbursts in return. :whistle:

To be more specific, I am not even talking about angmos. But chinese to be specific...

Well, then, do tell us what you mean by "good looks".

...I state a fact that can be challenged, but so far I only see emotional (and sexual) outbursts in return. :whistle:

After all, I am sure we would all appreciate your learned views on what makes a man good looking by your extremely dispassionate, if also elevated, standards.

Old and experienced but always ready for naughty fun! 

Well, I disagree with the labelling of Singaporeans as Prawns. Personally the guys I've seen (whether straight or gay) in shopping malls or MRT, I realise that 8/10 are with above-average looks. And I'm sure they have lean to fit bods as well.

Perhaps my expectations are not that high as compared to some people. Looks are subjective and we all have our individual preferences. And it doesn't matter if they are Chinese, Malays or Indians. Each race hav their has their own unique features.

Personally I find the younger Singaporean generation HOT and with the BOD to go with as well :thumb:

IMHO, the weather here plays a major part of how we look...

With this hot and humid weather, how can we wear layers of clothes - most local guys opt for the singlets/T-shirts and bermudas/shorts because it is most comfy.

Conversely with seasonal climate, our brothers in Hong Kong, Taiwan and even China can afford to wear a blazer over the t-shirts etc. Also with lower temperature, their faces are less prone to open pores.

So prawn or not, I think it is the culture here in Singapore not to STAND OUT in a crowd unless you are in the glam business. In HK, everyone tries to outshine the other. It is just not in our culture, lah. Shy shy :oops:

alright boys! prawns or not prawns. the most important is you enjoy what you do. Even if you give me a king Crab with bad attitude, so what about prawns?

ironically, a lot of prawns have attitude problems.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Guest Guest

but no doubt, still stronger than those who have no look and no built yet keep thinking highly of themselves, that's real irony

Guest Lobster

I share my views based on the given topic. I do not call names, and I do not shut off a discussion just because the views may not gp down well on some people.

It is interesting to see how topics are being discussed in here. It is always the 'agree and flourish, disagree or perish' approach by some people in here. Is it how the Spore education system has turned out the way discussions are conducted locally? Or the way the local political system has made pple to be?

Before I am being accused of changing the topic, scathing or not, my point is, looks has lots to do with genes, and the genes that came via the migrants from southern china to southeast asia (read: Spore included) in general are different from those in North Asia. I state a fact that can be challenged, but so far I only see emotional (and sexual) outbursts in return. :whistle:

Again I see what is termed as the Loser's approach.

When you can't even defend your stand , your hypotheis and your unfounded assumptions, you merely turn the table, and blame Singaporeans on their fautly educational system, or how badly are we moulded by our government, that we don't have the proper equitte, hold a debate..with facts, where else we don't see any facts from your part.

Nor are we impress with where were you educated from , that mould you to finger point at others, while accussing a wolf stealing your sheeps, when you own none.

When no one is convinced with your nonsensical stand here, thus this is what you really get and deserve.

So why don't you be honest and post your real picture here to convince us that, a person like you who have better and superior genes, do have the right to judge the lesser.

If you are that hot, we will give up the prawns.

If you are not, I would probably vomit out all the seafood I ate for lunch this afternoon.

You a foreign talent?

More like a foreign moron.

Guest Kendall

Again I see what is termed as the Loser's approach.

When you can't even defend your stand , your hypotheis and your unfounded assumptions, you merely turn the table, and blame Singaporeans on their fautly educational system, or how badly are we moulded by our government, that we don't have the proper equitte, hold a debate..with facts, where else we don't see any facts from your part.

Nor are we impress with where were you educated from , that mould you to finger point at others, while accussing a wolf stealing your sheeps, when you own none.

When no one is convinced with your nonsensical stand here, thus this is what you really get and deserve.

So why don't you be honest and post your real picture here to convince us that, a person like you who have better and superior genes, do have the right to judge the lesser.

If you are that hot, we will give up the prawns.

If you are not, I would probably vomit out all the seafood I ate for lunch this afternoon.

You a foreign talent?

More like a foreign moron.

I am surprised you did not use the F word this time round.

Nor did you retort asking others to leave the forum authoritatively.

Go on concepts, not personal.

Cool down, guys!

Don't you think that you can observe the same percentage of handsome, cute, ugly, intelligent, stupid people among S'poreans, Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, and more generally French, Russians, Spanish, Germans, Peruvians or whatever?

Guest Lobster

Of course you are surprised because Singaporeans have more class and style, than a foreign moron like you.

To use the F-word to insult or describe you, is to insult the F word itself.

Thus I spare the word, but not that the moron.

Guest sushibomb

Of course you are surprised because Singaporeans have more class and style, than a foreign moron like you.

To use the F-word to insult or describe you, is to insult the F word itself.

Thus I spare the word, but not that the moron.

singapore have more class and style??? Really??? :blink:

Guest Lobster

More class than you have. You are noticed to be someone who has no sex life, thus forever seeking good but cheap massage with happy ending for your emptiness.

Another words, a cheapstake.

Oh you people, knock it off already...

Lobster, if you dun have anything else pleasant to say, could you please kindly step out of this thread?

All of us could do with some peace here without any more ruckus, including you.

Thanks. :)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Aiyah, prawn or crab or lobster, most important is the man must be gentle and know how to take care of you. Most importantly, he must be hardworking. I have met singapore men who look like celebrity but are lazy like donkeys. They dun work hard and always take money from their family and friends.

A hardworking man is a sexy man to me ! :thumb:

Guest Jonty

Aiya... Actually it's obvious. Just look at the TV lo. Mediacorp's artists.

The locals, can make it on tv means mediacrop define them as 'got the look'. Well, so many ppl got talent why choose you right. Cause you look better than average lo. But still kinda CMI.

The really hot ones are from malaysia (Christopher) dai yang tian (China) so on. Allan Wu is kinda hot, damn nice body, but the face really not that beautiful like the foreign ones. We are talking about beautiful face right. So... body not count. paiseh.

Guest Kendall

整體的素質還可以的,但個體的素質還有待改進。

Back to the discussion of Spore men being prawns, the topic itself is controversial, but since it is accepted as a thread for discussion, forumers should accept the diversity of views and exchanges. Of course, that should not be equated to calling names, insinuating profanities and making personal remarks. Yes, I am referring to the crustacean that uses the F word.

Aiya... Actually it's obvious. Just look at the TV lo. Mediacorp's artists.

The locals, can make it on tv means mediacrop define them as 'got the look'. Well, so many ppl got talent why choose you right. Cause you look better than average lo. But still kinda CMI.

The really hot ones are from malaysia (Christopher) dai yang tian (China) so on. Allan Wu is kinda hot, damn nice body, but the face really not that beautiful like the foreign ones. We are talking about beautiful face right. So... body not count. paiseh.

and we have people comdemning the FUN Pack song as saying singapore dun have talent meh? lol. prawns, crabs, toad whatever, who cares. those who say singaporeans are 'prawns' i wonder how do they look? taiwanese guys, HKgers etc dun look that good or groomed to me.

Guest Gueststar

actually, the truth is, when i was at orchard, i saw a few good bod, but their face is below normal. have you guys notice those looks below normal, usually got nice body? while some good looking, got a normal body only.

Lacking in looks, they compensate with hard work, a nice bod.

Those with good looks, to achieve a hot bod is secondary.

Cool it guys. There are worse things one can be labelled than a mere "prawn". There are better things to be defensive about than a nation's looks.

Statements like "Singapore gay men are prawn" are sweeping statements and meant to provoke so why bother getting into a war of words. We are all Beauty Queens and should work towards WORLD PEACE.

Guest sushibomb

actually, the truth is, when i was at orchard, i saw a few good bod, but their face is below normal. have you guys notice those looks below normal, usually got nice body? while some good looking, got a normal body only.

The face of the guys have good body here look like monkey

(sorry but I really think so) rather than below normal.

Why???

I am always curious why those people who are the first to condemn other people's looks never dare to show their real faces on their profiles.

I think the operative noun for such people is "hypocrite".

Edited by xiandarkthorne

Old and experienced but always ready for naughty fun! 

Personally I feel that there are good-looking, ugly and average people in every country. And besides, as aptly pointed out by someone in this thread, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is beautiful to me might not be beautiful to you. So a combi of ugly face+hot bod to you might be my idea of goodlooking+fit. It's all subjective.

And while I don't like being labelled a "prawn", I'm not going to let a sweeping statement like that affect me. Other people want to say let them say lor.

Guest sushibomb

Personally I feel that there are good-looking, ugly and average people in every country. And besides, as aptly pointed out by someone in this thread, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is beautiful to me might not be beautiful to you.

That's everyone knows. I think people here talking about that "GENERALLY".

Guest Lobster

Oh you people, knock it off already...

Lobster, if you dun have anything else pleasant to say, could you please kindly step out of this thread?

All of us could do with some peace here without any more ruckus, including you.

Thanks. :)

We are discussing something that involved Singaporeans. It has nothing to do with a busybody foreigner Malaysian like you.

Do what you do best by subtlely selling some of your stuff to people here.

Get what I am telling you ?

Guest Guest

Lacking in looks, they compensate with hard work, a nice bod.

Those with good looks, to achieve a hot bod is secondary.

Even with good bod, the face is still not attractive.

Universally, I think a face with nice features with more important than a gym-toned body.

Guest Guest

The face of the guys have good body here look like monkey

(sorry but I really think so) rather than below normal.

Why???

I think DNA, family background, education, spirituality could affect the face.

In general, guys from hong kong and taiwan are more attractive than the locals.

Most are average but the goodlooking ones are rare.

I think DNA, family background, education, spirituality could affect the face.

In general, guys from hong kong and taiwan are more attractive than the locals.

Most are average but the goodlooking ones are rare.

Spirituality? Im an atheist. So what does that make me? Ugly as sin or a gorgeous adonis? :D

I'm sure you guys are mature enuff to know that this stupid "prawn" notion is totally unfounded. They are just sweeping generalisations. I shall repeat the old cliche, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Come on, men, I think we know better than to let such idiocy to get to us.

If you think people from other countries spout off such things, let them. They can say what they want, we cant stop them.

But I think we should know better than to get all worked up over this tiny tempest in a thimble.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Guest funny

Spirituality? Im an atheist. So what does that make me? Ugly as sin or a gorgeous adonis? :D

I'm sure you guys are mature enuff to know that this stupid "prawn" notion is totally unfounded. They are just sweeping generalisations. I shall repeat the old cliche, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Come on, men, I think we know better than to let such idiocy to get to us.

If you think people from other countries spout off such things, let them. They can say what they want, we cant stop them.

But I think we should know better than to get all worked up over this tiny tempest in a thimble.

李敖大师曾经评论说:"新加坡人人种不好,很差"