Male HQ

Singapore Gay Men Known As Prawn?

Guest DK

I can't believe people here (including that notorious anti-Singaporean forum user by the name of sushibomb) are blasting abang.

Abang is mature, intelligent and down to earth, and pleasant looking.

Better than some whiny attention-seeking fatso with an attitude problem in BW, at any rate.

Guest curious

Singaporeans here are so full of S#$*! It's not just their own media industry that disses their own Singaporean fellowmen for those better looking and talented overseas. Even their sports associations have to import talent to boost their wins at regional and international competitions. Their major banks are run by non-Singaporeans, and their best Chinese restaurants and Zi Chars are run by Malaysians. Just face the truth, you prawns - you're as good as the truth that hurts!

Singaporeans here are so full of S#$*! It's not just their own media industry that disses their own Singaporean fellowmen for those better looking and talented overseas. Even their sports associations have to import talent to boost their wins at regional and international competitions. Their major banks are run by non-Singaporeans, and their best Chinese restaurants and Zi Chars are run by Malaysians. Just face the truth, you prawns - you're as good as the truth that hurts!

Because Singapore has the competency of buying the foreigners who are all so ready and willing to come and work for SIngapore. If you are lucky, "curious", you can get a SIngaporean to buy you over and lick their balls, haha, you need to stand at the back of the line, and only if you are very lucky "curious", you get it.

Guest curious

Because Singapore has the competency of buying the foreigners who are all so ready and willing to come and work for SIngapore. If you are lucky, "curious", you can get a SIngaporean to buy you over and lick their balls, haha, you need to stand at the back of the line, and only if you are very lucky "curious", you get it.

Yup, all the money, but with a face that still looks good only for muddy swamps. Your statement smacks of perfect arrogance, and is so typical of Singaporeans.

Guest sushibomb

People here put their pics because they want to. No one ask them to do so.

People wright comments here because they want other people to read them.

If you don't want other people read or judge about your comments or pic, just don't show any.

Simple as that.

Guest sushibomb

Another singapo- cock roach (not even prawn as poor look and poor mind) here.

Hahaha! That's a good one. "curious" and "sushibomb" will be crawling like 2 cockroaches and begging.

Terms like fish, prawns & crabs hv been around for decades, n they're used in many contexts. Gay boys around the region hv obviously adopted them to debase other gay boys.

It's funny when someone posted a pic of Dome Pakorn, n set him as a std for ordinary S'poreans. It's even funnier when we noe dat this person who posted the pic is not even a distant contender in the looks dept.

It's also funny when locals claim to look like foreigners, whilst calling others prawns.

Let's see how funny it is to be identified n recognised as trying to stir 'anti-S'pore' sentiments, in these sensitive n adversed times. Good luck!

" 7/10 " = ?

Sorry, my English culture is not very good...

7 out of 10 in terms of trolling :P

People here put their pics because they want to. No one ask them to do so.

People wright comments here because they want other people to read them.

If you don't want other people read or judge about your comments or pic, just don't show any.

Simple as that.

It's also simple to just respect other people and not be so hostile :)

Guest sushibomb

Hahaha! That's a good one. "curious" and "sushibomb" will be crawling like 2 cockroaches and begging.

Oh no still alive! Anyone got strong spray?

Silly discussion. Let anyone label anyone else wat he likes. It boils down to individual looks. Nationality is irrelevant. If u r attractive then good for u. If u r ugly then that's just too bad. The attractive ones can't save the ugly from their fate regardless their city location.

If either spore or hongkong or (name ur city) people r labelled as prawns etc, only the guilty wil get offended n defensive. The attractive ones won't bother wasting their time arguing on issues not concerning them.

The quarrelsome ones here defending their city n/or smearing others r actually trying to defend their own selves. Duh.

Guest LEAN N MEAN

What a heated exchange. In my humble opinion, I feel that good looks, like intelligence, are inherited and you don't need to work hard for them so there's nothing to be proud of and lots to be grateful for. On the other hand, there must surely be a certain respect, no matter how begrudging, towards people who are born with a prawn head but are willing to put in the sacrifice to make their bodies look good to compensate for their ugly mug? It's like a student not blessed with intelligence but willing to put in extra effort to study hard. Compared them to the others who just give up and blame Mother Nature. I certainly applaud those who make the best of what they have.

As for the continuous heated debate, I guess it is nice to stand up for one's country when its citizens are being slimed but why get so worked up over something we have no control - we are either born cute or ugly. Every country has it beauties and uglies and maybe some get more and some get less. So what? I think it is more meaningful to compare stuff like kindness, grace, civic consciousness than looks amongst nations, not to start another quarrel of course, but to motivate and inspire.

What a heated exchange. In my humble opinion, I feel that good looks, like intelligence, are inherited and you don't need to work hard for them so there's nothing to be proud of and lots to be grateful for. On the other hand, there must surely be a certain respect, no matter how begrudging, towards people who are born with a prawn head but are willing to put in the sacrifice to make their bodies look good to compensate for their ugly mug? It's like a student not blessed with intelligence but willing to put in extra effort to study hard. Compared them to the others who just give up and blame Mother Nature. I certainly applaud those who make the best of what they have. As for the continuous heated debate, I guess it is nice to stand up for one's country when its citizens are being slimed but why get so worked up over something we have no control - we are either born cute or ugly. Every country has it beauties and uglies and maybe some get more and some get less. So what? I think it is more meaningful to compare stuff like kindness, grace, civic consciousness than looks amongst nations, not to start another quarrel of course, but to motivate and inspire.

Well said.

Since it was either the HongKongers or the Taiwanese who started this name-calling to Singaporeans, and should anyone of them, has the ENGLISH PROFICIENCY to read this thread in this forum, I am sure they will have laughing their heads off,, while in their eyes, our intelligence and endurance have been lowered, that they can now laugh at us and peel our heads off like eating prawns, realizing, a little name calling, can actually cause and stir such a civil war, among the "prawn community" which is so non homogenous here.

Continue your silly bickerings, and you will know, who is having the last laugh at us.

Sometimes as you talk too loudly among yourselves in between toilet cubicles, it is better to be aware, who is eardropping and laughing at you when they are washing their hands outside.

An ugly man from a city of beautiful people is still an ugly man.     

A beautiful man from a city of ugly people is still a beautiful man. 

If your face is ugly but argue most convincingly that your city has the most beautiful people, you are still ugly. Nothing changes for you. Period.

When it comes to looks, there is no discrimination against any particular city. 

When it comes to looks, there is discrimination only against the individual person who doesn't have the looks.  

Facts of life. Face it; no pun intended.

An ugly man from a city of beautiful people is still an ugly man. A beautiful man from a city of ugly people is still a beautiful man. If your face is ugly but argue most convincingly that your city has the most beautiful people, you are still ugly. Nothing changes for you. Period. When it comes to looks, there is no discrimination against any particular city. When it comes to looks, there is discrimination only against the individual person who doesn't have the looks. Facts of life. Face it; no pun intended.

Ha, even you have a beautiful look, you may lack the brain and intelligence to deal with so many simple things. A beautiful guy, with only an average intelligence, can be so easily outwitted and controlled by someone with an average looks, who is far more witty, cunning and street smart than him

In life, if you think you looks is everything and takes you so far, you will learn your limits when you are under the mercy of an average looking man, who has both wits and power over you.

Well, in the advertising world, the models are the ones who have the looks, the average looking Art Dirctor, can decide who he wishes to hire, even groom to fame. So tell me, even you have the looks, who is controlling whose rice bowl, and who has the real power here?

Edited by TheVisitors

Ha, even you have a beautiful looks, you may lack the brain and intelligence to deal with some many things, even some obstacles.

A beautiful guy, with only an average intelligence, can be so easily outwitted and controlled by someone with an average looks, who is far more witty, cunning and street smart than him

In life, if you think you looks is everything and takes you so far, you will learn your limits when you are under the mercy of an average looking man, who has both wits and power over you.

Well, in the advertising world, the models are the ones who have the looks, the average looking Art Dirctor, can decide who he wishes to hire, even groom to fame.

So tell me, even you have the looks, who is controlling whose rice bowl, and who has the real power here?

errrmn... Dude.. This topic is about how a country or city supposedly has more prawns versus another city and my comment is made in that context.

Of course I know it has nothing to do with intelligence and other long list of factors that affect a person's level of 'success'. In fact many of the wealthiest, smartest, most talented people look like creatures of the planet of the apes, but that's not the point of this discussion.

errrmn... Dude.. This topic is about how a country or city supposedly has more prawns versus another city and my comment is made in that context. Of course I know it has nothing to do with intelligence and other long list of factors that affect a person's level of 'success'. In fact many of the wealthiest, smartest, most talented people look like creatures of the planet of the apes, but that's not the point of this discussion.

There are two sides of the coins I am implying.

You can say i either agree or disagree with you.

please read carefully in bewteen the lines.

Singaporeans are not goodlooking in general.

But at least they have nice gym-toned body to boast about.

If they are rich, successful, intelligent, better still.

I know of this guy who has the above factors. Some had even gone for plastic surgery abroad.

But in the end, his face is still CMI if u compare him to a blue collar china guy who has a handsome face & rosy complexion.

Ultimately, you inherit your face from your parents. You would have to accept & be at peace with the one in the mirror :(

There are two sides of the coins I am implying.

You can say i either agree or disagree with you.

please read carefully in bewteen the lines.

Yes I understood you. I basically said uglilness of a person (and not the city you are from) is a trait that is discriminated against in every place you go and you said there's more to good looks than good looks, like intelligence, getting far in life and getting manipulated by smart ugly people. So I said yes I know that of course.

What else is there in between your lines to read? Two sides to a coin? We're talking looks side here. If all aspects of a person are to be evaluated, then there's many many sides, not just two.

I find Singaporeans simply gorgeous. I have started my week filled with joy because 2 gorgeous Singaporeans have beautified my Monday morning.

1. I saw a young Malay guy in business wear approaching a Chinese old lady in a housing estate. Helping her to push the trolley across the road and then cross back again.
  2. At Raffles Place, there is a casually dressed guy who quickly walk towards a blind man and help him cross the road and walk a distance with that blind man.

What a beautiful sight. How gorgeous are Singaporeans and how beautiful is Singapore.

Even though there maybe people who cannot or do not know how to appreciate them - I'm loving them.

Even though there maybe people calling them prawns or whatsoever - I called them Singaporeans.

Oh yes! I love prawns

I find Singaporeans simply gorgeous. I have started my week filled with joy because 2 gorgeous Singaporeans have beautified my Monday morning.

1. I saw a young Malay guy in business wear approaching a Chinese old lady in a housing estate. Helping her to push the trolley across the road and then cross back again.
  2. At Raffles Place, there is a casually dressed guy who quickly walk towards a blind man and help him cross the road and walk a distance with that blind man.

What a beautiful sight. How gorgeous are Singaporeans and how beautiful is Singapore.

Even though there maybe people who cannot or do not know how to appreciate them - I'm loving them.

Even though there maybe people calling them prawns or whatsoever - I called them Singaporeans.

Oh yes! I love prawns

good for u that such acts fill u with joy. my grandma cooking my favorite kueh for the whole family also fills me with joy. but since both our posts r completely out of point, let's just stick to the topic pls.

'Ugly face but beautiful heart.

Look beyond the face & explore the inner beauty'

Tell that to the art directors, advertisers, sponsors, etc.

But hor, do you get aroused & want to have sex with 'prawns' with good soul?

That's the ultimate question!

Just to share with u an interesting Irish tale. I was in a gay sauna in Dublin & it was pretty quiet for a Friday nite.

I saw this muscular guy at one corner. But he has this nerdy 70s look. He wanted to have a good time with me but I politely declined. He was pissed & told me that 'I DUN KNOW WHAT I WAS MISSING!'. He came across as a very nice person who has the body but not the face. But I was not attracted to him in a sexual way.

That's the ultimate answer!

Flipping through many fashion magazines, watching the runways for many big brands and not forgetting all the TV advertisements – in my perception, most of the models are not appealing at all, no look no physique but was chosen by the art directors, advertisers and sponsors. These simply show more often they do not choose model base on ‘good look’ but by the needs of that role and their charisma etc.

Those people I know get arouse mainly not by look too because they are still aroused by their partner to date and still having very healthy sex life regardless of their look, age. They are just attracted to each other for who they are.

You can find good looking people everywhere but what’s the point of having good look if you do not have good character and inner beauty or worse living unhappily. Some of these people shown their ugliest sight when they start talking – no integrity and good for almost nothing. They are just like a pretty art piece to be displayed in some galleries.

Be real... You are not having sex with that face, and you will never live long together with just that face

When you need a good blowjob, look for a skillful mouth

When you need a good touch, look for a pair of skillful hand

When you need a good hug, look for a huggable warm body

When you need to fxxk, look for a great bottom and

When you need to be fxxk, look for me LoL

I once saw a good looking guy. He wanted to have a good time with me but I have turned him down politely because I was not attracted to him at all the moment he opened his mouth. I just don’t know how to have sex with a person who only has a good look. I’m like having sex with a vase, a gem – oh no, that’s crazy!

Yes, the ultimate answer is “I turned him down politely however good look he may be”

Youthfulness n good looks do have their appeal. A Malaysian Chn guy I knew came here as massage boi n earned tons of money despite his command of any language being atrocious n average massage skill. But he always had a sweet smile n accomodating. Fast forward a few years, he grew older, a little chubbier n puffier faced. His regular clients left him but fortunately he saved up enough money to open small clothes shop in Kl.

good for u that such acts fill u with joy. my grandma cooking my favorite kueh for the whole family also fills me with joy. but since both our posts r completely out of point, let's just stick to the topic pls.

Thank you! am I out of point? No, I'm talking about Singaporeans, I'm talking looks and i'm talking about prawns. So sorry if you do not get it or do not know how to appreciate it.

Yes you are completely off the topic unless your grandma is a Singaporean or at least your favorite kueh contains some delicious PRAWNS then there's still a reason for your posting, otherwise..... Thanks for your attention :D Come on, relax and be happy and carry enjoy ur grandma's prawn kueh, if U don't mind you can share with me too, this is off the topic LMAO

Youthfulness n good looks do have their appeal. A Malaysian Chn guy I knew came here as massage boi n earned tons of money despite his command of any language being atrocious n average massage skill. But he always had a sweet smile n accomodating. Fast forward a few years, he grew older, a little chubbier n puffier faced. His regular clients left him but fortunately he saved up enough money to open small clothes shop in Kl.

true true, some prc masseurs in chinatown, no skill, no look, just young n can really sweet talk, earn them lots of money, free air tickets, free iphones, free ipad, and many more free gifts - from apparels to accessories, from few hundreds to few thousands dollars. all their clients do not really care about their physique or look. but must b young n can talk so sweetly to melt their heart. some can clock $15 to $20K a month excluding gifts

Guest sushibomb

Thank you! am I out of point? No, I'm talking about Singaporeans, I'm talking looks and i'm talking about prawns. So sorry if you do not get it or do not know how to appreciate it.

Yes you are completely off the topic unless your grandma is a Singaporean or at least your favorite kueh contains some delicious PRAWNS then there's still a reason for your posting, otherwise..... Thanks for your attention :D Come on, relax and be happy and carry enjoy ur grandma's prawn kueh, if U don't mind you can share with me too, this is off the topic LMAO

Yes you were out of point. You've written about singaporean kindness not looks even though you used the

word "gorgeous". You should read your comments again before you laugh at someone.

Some people are not smart enough to write comments here talking about "intelligence" or "kindness" when

we are talking about looks.

Yes you were out of point. You've written about singaporean kindness not looks even though you used the

word "gorgeous". You should read your comments again before you laugh at someone.

Some people are not smart enough to write comments here talking about "intelligence" or "kindness" when

we are talking about looks.

I think that should be another thread called 'Singaporean Gay Men are ugly but they are kind & intelligent so they made good BF & I am so turned on & want to have sex with them'.

I dun get an erection when I see some kind acts in real life or on TV. I dun get turned on when I see Gollun or Frankestein on screen.

The problem is that when someone is goodlooking, one is being called, gay, shallow, himbo, etc.

The bigger problem is that when someone is not goodlooking, one will compensate with the intangibles like kindness, intelligence, depth, etc.

One who is gay, ugly, kind, rich, intelligent, successful, is still ugly.

One who is gay, handsome, poor, shallow, dumb, is still handsome.

Whether they are living or no longer with us.

Allow me to share with you this story. I was in HR a long time ago. I had presented several candidates to my client & deep down, I know the not so goodlooking was the best one. I tried to sell my client by focusing on his attributes. my client told me

they agreed but they are looking for someone who was more 'presentable'. My fxxking client even asked me to chk on other candidates(cute) who was single if they were 'gay'.

That's the utlimate truth.

I think that should be another thread called 'Singaporean Gay Men are ugly but they are kind & intelligent so they made good BF & I am so turned on & want to have sex with them'. I dun get an erection when I see some kind acts in real life or on TV. I dun get turned on when I see Gollun or Frankestein on screen. The problem is that when someone is goodlooking, one is being called, gay, shallow, himbo, etc. The bigger problem is that when someone is not goodlooking, one will compensate with the intangibles like kindness, intelligence, depth, etc. One who is gay, ugly, kind, rich, intelligent, successful, is still ugly. One who is gay, handsome, poor, shallow, dumb, is still handsome. Whether they are living or no longer with us. Allow me to share with you this story. I was in HR a long time ago. I had presented several candidates to my client & deep down, I know the not so goodlooking was the best one. I tried to sell my client by focusing on his attributes. my client told me they agreed but they are looking for someone who was more 'presentable'. My fxxking client even asked me to chk on other candidates(cute) who was single if they were 'gay'. That's the utlimate truth.

That is the crux to the entire topic.

How simplistically phrased but true.

I think that should be another thread called 'Singaporean Gay Men are ugly but they are kind & intelligent so they made good BF & I am so turned on & want to have sex with them'.

I dun get an erection when I see some kind acts in real life or on TV. I dun get turned on when I see Gollun or Frankestein on screen.

The problem is that when someone is goodlooking, one is being called, gay, shallow, himbo, etc.

The bigger problem is that when someone is not goodlooking, one will compensate with the intangibles like kindness, intelligence, depth, etc.

One who is gay, ugly, kind, rich, intelligent, successful, is still ugly.

One who is gay, handsome, poor, shallow, dumb, is still handsome.

Whether they are living or no longer with us.

Allow me to share with you this story. I was in HR a long time ago. I had presented several candidates to my client & deep down, I know the not so goodlooking was the best one. I tried to sell my client by focusing on his attributes. my client told me

they agreed but they are looking for someone who was more 'presentable'. My fxxking client even asked me to chk on other candidates(cute) who was single if they were 'gay'.

That's the utlimate truth.

thank u. The guy who looks better than the other with identical credentials with definitely have the upper hand.

Guest SG Guest
I think that should be another thread called 'Singaporean Gay Men are ugly but they are kind & intelligent so they made good BF & I am so turned on & want to have sex with them'. I dun get an erection when I see some kind acts in real life or on TV. I dun get turned on when I see Gollun or Frankestein on screen. The problem is that when someone is goodlooking, one is being called, gay, shallow, himbo, etc. The bigger problem is that when someone is not goodlooking, one will compensate with the intangibles like kindness, intelligence, depth, etc. One who is gay, ugly, kind, rich, intelligent, successful, is still ugly. One who is gay, handsome, poor, shallow, dumb, is still handsome. Whether they are living or no longer with us. Allow me to share with you this story. I was in HR a long time ago. I had presented several candidates to my client & deep down, I know the not so goodlooking was the best one. I tried to sell my client by focusing on his attributes. my client told me they agreed but they are looking for someone who was more 'presentable'. My fxxking client even asked me to chk on other candidates(cute) who was single if they were 'gay'. That's the utlimate truth.

A ugly person will remain as ugly, but if he has good personality, you will at least accept him as friend.

A handsome person with lousy character will turn you off and you will probably never talk to him anymore.

So with the kind of posting by Sushibomb and Curious, and we cannot see their face to judge if they are handsome or ugly, how should they be treated?

So is prawn ugly or just not handsome? I would think it just means not handsome, not necessary ugly.

Guest sushibomb

A ugly person will remain as ugly, but if he has good personality, you will at least accept him as friend.

A handsome person with lousy character will turn you off and you will probably never talk to him anymore.

So with the kind of posting by Sushibomb and Curious, and we cannot see their face to judge if they are handsome or ugly, how should they be treated?

So is prawn ugly or just not handsome? I would think it just means not handsome, not necessary ugly.

Ugly people want to think:

Ugly people have good hearts or intelligence.

Handsome people have nasty personality or dumb.

Then they feel better.

Then they feel better.

I disagree. I've met more ugly people who have nasty personalities (and are proud of it) as compared to good looking people.

At the end of the day, it really depends on your definition of what is ugly and what is handsome. I find a lot of Singaporeans/Asians in general to be good looking, and their small frames make them very sexually attractive.

Edited by TheAntisen

I disagree. I've met more ugly people who have nasty personalities (and are proud of it) as compared to good looking people.

At the end of the day, it really depends on your definition of what is ugly and what is handsome. I find a lot of Singaporeans/Asians in general to be good looking, and their small frames make them very sexually attractive.

As the saying go, the face is born of the heart.

Most ugly pplr mean bcoz they feel life is unfair to them. When they see someone goodlooking, the only way to make them feel better is to 'annihilate' their competition by thrashing them. In the end, their faces are still as ugly & the goodlooking, attractive.

Yes, there are some ugly ppl who are kind & luving. They are also good ppl.

Most of my friends are goodlooking, well-educated & polite. Some are too smart they become selfish, snobbish & manipulative.

thank u. The guy who looks better than the other with identical credentials with definitely have the upper hand.

I m not trying to be a hypocrite. I m not bad looking therefore I do get better treatments from others in life - in the army/res, at work, from clients, from hawkers, etc.

I did not like the post-interview process, when I had to explain to my candidates why they did not get the job - drooping eyelids, bad complexion,etc. I had to throw in some fashion advice to help them to create better impressions.

These are the facts of life - sad :(

Then they feel better.

In the end, they still look ugly.

It is better to accept the following:

Yes, i m ugly & I cannot change that.

I inherited my face from my parents & thank them for giving me life.

But I can find a haircut that suits me better,

and have better eating habits to keep my weight ideal & body healthy.

Yes, I can cleanse, tone & moisturize my face to look radiant.

I should also go to the gym once & twice to exercise & keep fit.

Maybe I should only stick to certain colors & style to make me stand out.

Or read more fashion magazine to find out the latest trends & learn abt dressing to look good.

If i see a goodlooking guy, observe & find out what makes him attractive & learn from him.

If i get rejected in sauna, just say to myself 'maybe it's not meant to be' & move on to the nxt target.

If I get rejected again, dun get angry & nasty. Walk away quiet. At least you have class & dignity.

When others teased, but 'u r still a prawn'.

Then you will answer 'Yes, but I have evolved', with a twinkle in your eyes ;)

We teach others how we want to be treated.

A handsome guy who is nice & caring, is an angel but not a prawn(like striking 4D 1st prize)

A handsome guy who is rude & mean, is a jerk but not a prawn(3rd prize)

A prawn who is kind & caring means he's not handsome, not necessary ugly. Still a prawn(4D consolation but only ibet)

A prawn who is nasty & obnoxious means he's definitely not handsome & very ugly.Still a prawn(eat grass)

Guest sushibomb

In the end, they still look ugly.

It is better to accept the following:

Yes, i m ugly & I cannot change that.

I inherited my face from my parents & thank them for giving me life.

But I can find a haircut that suits me better,

and have better eating habits to keep my weight ideal & body healthy.

Yes, I can cleanse, tone & moisturize my face to look radiant.

I should also go to the gym once & twice to exercise & keep fit.

Maybe I should only stick to certain colors & style to make me stand out.

Or read more fashion magazine to find out the latest trends & learn abt dressing to look good.

If i see a goodlooking guy, observe & find out what makes him attractive & learn from him.

If i get rejected in sauna, just say to myself 'maybe it's not meant to be' & move on to the nxt target.

If I get rejected again, dun get angry & nasty. Walk away quiet. At least you have class & dignity.

When others teased, but 'u r still a prawn'.

Then you will answer 'Yes, but I have evolved', with a twinkle in your eyes ;)

Yes you can make yourself look handsome and attractive (w/o plastic surgery) by daily effort

no matter how old you are or any face you inherited.

Just don't be lazy or don't give up. You would get old so fast once you stop that.

Yes you can make yourself look handsome and attractive (w/o plastic surgery) by daily effort

no matter how old you are or any face you inherited.

Just don't be lazy or don't give up. You would get old so fast once you stop that.

Yes. You go, prawns. FIGHTING!

No need fighting. Love and peace please.

FIGHTING in korean means 'never give up' lah.

"imagine there's no prawns,

and no lobsters, too.

& the world would be as 1"