Male HQ

All About Gym & Gym Memberships In Sg & Which Gym To Join? (Compiled)

maledae

Guest Cute Exec

im currently with TF @ $62 per month 3 yrs membership. I signed up in 2010.

Does anyone know how much TF charging membership now?

Does anyone know where can find public gym runs by the Sport Council?

im currently with TF @ $62 per month 3 yrs membership. I signed up in 2010.

Does anyone know how much TF charging membership now?

Does anyone know where can find public gym runs by the Sport Council?

Public gym by sports council can be find in those sports complete which also have swimming pool together.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 2 months later...
Guest Gymer

Recently I was asked to renew my 3.5yrs membership for S$65/mth. But before I paid only S$53/mth. Do you think is it good to renew?

What about California Fitness? How much do they charge?

I'm thinking to move to SSC ClubFit where charge S$2.50 per entry, but at the same time worrying too much crowd there and need to fight for using equipments with others.

I go to SSC ClubFit every now and then and at one time regularly for 6 month. All gyms - big names or public gyms are always crowded and 'fighting' to use equipment is a baseless argument. Basic courtesy of sharing applies everywhere. It is still a value for money with their good equipment and you avoid those crazy hungry sales people including personal trainers going after your bank accounts.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Gymer

I tried Delta SSC ClubFit today in the afternoon. Many people there =( Need to wait like 15mins to use thread mill and some equipments always occupied. Feel very hard to do my workout sets.

Only 1 toilet and 1 bathroom. Even need to wait for toilet too :( Equipments are old and a bit cranky. My gaydar sensed many gays there. A Pinoy cute guy kept smiling to me. A few other guys kept staring me occasionally.

Still think private fitness centre e.g. TF much better. At least can use steam room or sauna after gym. Plenty of shower cubicles. Very rarely need to wait for using equipments.

No matter which SSC clubfit also always very crowded, and you can find all sorts of pple there. From sec sch kids, working adults to retiress. If u r serious in working out, u need to wait very long for the machine or equipment as always occupied.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 4 months later...

Before you sign up for your gym, a few things you must ask yourself:

(a) why are you signing up? (I believe you know the answer)

(b) which gym meets my needs in terms of location, and the equipment available?

© how often are you willing to commit yourself?

So do make the right choice. ^_^

Here's a link http://www.wivb.com/dpp/money/4_your_wallet/10-tips-to-ask-a-gym-before-signing-up for you to read up prior to joining the gym.

• 1 month later...

It is more or less around the same amount for Cali. They will play around the idea that you pay a particular amount for several years and you will get 1 year free or the same amount including the free amount. It depends how they present.

Cali offering me $45 per month if I sign for 4 years, or $49.50 per month if I sign up for 3 years. Good deal? Or did anyone got a better deal?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Guest

i know SAFRA gyms are cheaper than the commercial mega gyms and the commercial mega gyms (Cali/TF/FF) have better facilities.

but what about in terms of overall value? seems like SAFRA gyms are getting better and the commercial mega gyms are not getting better.

Guest Guest

You are right. If you have visited Energyone at Safra Tpy, and some other premium gyms like FF, you will notice that in terms of equipment, space and facilities, Energyone is not in anyway inferior. But, of cos we are just comparing one new gym vs many similar premium setups. So it's not totally fair. But, if you find it convenient to travel to Tpy, then my advice is to join Energyone.

Guest manly

which gym gt lesser gays and more straight guys?

i dun like all the gay cruising going on and to be stared at whatever i do. no offence, its just me. wanna focus on working out and nothing else.

Guest guest

I am working near novena for about 2 months or so, after which i will be leaving my job and I want to ask if I can buy a short membership for cali from somebody? they charge 89 per month for access to 1 gym outlet only. Is it expensive?

Guest Guest

I am working near novena for about 2 months or so, after which i will be leaving my job and I want to ask if I can buy a short membership for cali from somebody? they charge 89 per month for access to 1 gym outlet only. Is it expensive?

do you have credit cards , are you work in local

• 2 months later...
Guest gymmer

California Fitness has branches in many convenient locations, gym equipment is quite modern, towels are provided and fees are not too expensive (about $40+ pm for a 5 year term when I joined).

Fitness First has fewer branches but I think the premises are better equiped; towels and gym t shirts and shorts are provided. Fees are more than twice as expensive (about $140 pm minimum 1 year term after which 1 month notice to terminate) but may be worth paying as the gyms are less crowded (excepting peak hours).

Both operators have swimming pools in some locations.

You can go for a free trial to see which gym you prefer, if any.

I can't comment about other gyms since I have been a member of only these 2 gyms (plus SAFRA, which is not open to the public).

More kids are now taking up safra term memberships which crowds the gyms - and as you know with kids, they like to gym in gangs, hog stations and machines by taking turns with their 4 or 5 buddies, make noise, place weights all over the places, etc. I think with gym culture booming among the kids, no gym is a good place.

Start with ClubFitt. Not only cheap and good, you are not tied with contracts. And most has a pool next door. Crowded is not an excuse. Big gyms are crowded, too.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

California Fitness has branches in many convenient locations, gym equipment is quite modern, towels are provided and fees are not too expensive (about $40+ pm for a 5 year term when I joined).

Fitness First has fewer branches but I think the premises are better equiped; towels and gym t shirts and shorts are provided. Fees are more than twice as expensive (about $140 pm minimum 1 year term after which 1 month notice to terminate) but may be worth paying as the gyms are less crowded (excepting peak hours).

Both operators have swimming pools in some locations.

You can go for a free trial to see which gym you prefer, if any.

I can't comment about other gyms since I have been a member of only these 2 gyms (plus SAFRA, which is not open to the public).

Since when did Cali ever have more outlets than FF?

More kids are now taking up safra term memberships which crowds the gyms - and as you know with kids, they like to gym in gangs, hog stations and machines by taking turns with their 4 or 5 buddies, make noise, place weights all over the places, etc. I think with gym culture booming among the kids, no gym is a good place.

to be honest i actually prefer there are more "kids" than adults. these "kids", though they can be noisy and hog machines, in groups etc....when they see you are an adult and you hint or signal that you wanna use, they will get it and give way to you. when you sound out, they will apologise and let you use it. even if you really tell them off, as kids, they dun bother so much and just say sorry. you are like 'big brother' inside or they know you are older, they give way to you.

on the other hand, the worse are actually some adults - especially those very big sized or think they have perfect bodies (they pose in front of mirror every 10 mins), have very bad attitudes and make alot of noises when they lift weights. when you hint and signal that you wanna share or use the machines, they know and they dun even care! when you sound out, they give you black face! :angry: :yuk:

to be honest i actually prefer there are more "kids" than adults. these "kids", though they can be noisy and hog machines, in groups etc....when they see you are an adult and you hint or signal that you wanna use, they will get it and give way to you. when you sound out, they will apologise and let you use it. even if you really tell them off, as kids, they dun bother so much and just say sorry. you are like 'big brother' inside or they know you are older, they give way to you.

on the other hand, the worse are actually some adults - especially those very big sized or think they have perfect bodies (they pose in front of mirror every 10 mins), have very bad attitudes and make alot of noises when they lift weights. when you hint and signal that you wanna share or use the machines, they know and they dun even care! when you sound out, they give you black face! :angry: :yuk:

*like*

― J'son M. Lee 

Yes i agree man! Some adults behave worse than kids! You tell kids off, you wont really feel bad and kids dun bear grudges too.

Guest gymmer

Been to all cali outlet and none of them has a pool.

Thanks for the fact-check. My faulty memory 'remembered' cali to have pools.

I heard membership with either FF or TF allows you to bring in a free guest every time? 

FF allows 1 free guest on weekends but I think you have first to be a member of at least 1 year standing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.