Male HQ

All About Gym & Gym Memberships In Sg & Which Gym To Join? (Compiled)

maledae

Read the paper, men start building muscle ton at the age of 40yo and still can achieve great result. Wonder anyone start going to gym to build their stamina and tone down when they reach their mature age. When young, we f care about our body.

When men age, mostly likely to put on weight, especially on the stomach, the belly start boom up. So have to be careful not to get out of control. Men in this gay line, having a toned body is very important. Most gay men will first look at body, follow by your face, some go for dick first but if you got great tone body then it will be easy to start play games with someone you eyeing lor.

Cali is consider a up class gym considering the facilities,opening hours and good staff service. With all these great stuff if you guys still complain, I don't know where else you should work out.

My friend work in California gym, can offer best and cheap price. For Cali you must have good connection or referer to get good cheap price. If you just approach any saleman, they always offer you the expensive one.

Those interested please PM me, the price I think is aroung $69.00 to few thousands dollars, depend on individual budget.

Kindly note I do not work in Calfornia gym and I dun get commssion, just helping freinds.

Regards.

Read the paper, men start building muscle ton at the age of 40yo and still can achieve great result. Wonder anyone start going to gym to build their stamina and tone down when they reach their mature age. When young, we f care about our body.

Facts from "reading the paper".

When men age, mostly likely to put on weight, especially on the stomach, the belly start boom up. So have to be careful not to get out of control. Men in this gay line, having a toned body is very important. Most gay men will first look at body, follow by your face, some go for dick first but if you got great tone body then it will be easy to start play games with someone you eyeing lor.

Enforcing facts and adding half-truth facts. Not all gays goes for gym-fit, body beautiful men. There are many types of gays with different preference and taste.

Cali is consider a up class gym considering the facilities,opening hours and good staff service. With all these great stuff if you guys still complain, I don't know where else you should work out.

Direct advertising. (note:Cali is NOT the ONLY "up class" gym.)

My friend work in California gym, can offer best and cheap price. For Cali you must have good connection or referer to get good cheap price. If you just approach any saleman, they always offer you the expensive one.

Actual purpose of the ad and re-enforcing ad with doubtful facts.

Those interested please PM me, the price I think is aroung $69.00 to few thousands dollars, depend on individual budget.

Questionable. (how will one know if he is quoted a "good price" from your friend?)

Kindly note I do not work in Calfornia gym and I dun get commssion, just helping freinds.

That's up to readers to believe or doubt, although helping friend is admirable, you only need to start your pitching with paragraph 4 onwards. All the earlier paragraph are not necessary.

This is not a posting to flame you, so please don't take it too personally.

I think mature guys like us will find Cali a little intimidating. A lot of the crowd there are 20+ muscle marys who are very body conscious. Its like gymming in Towel Club only worse.

But I applaud the intention to the OP to encourage people to keep fit. A lot of people let themselves go because they think they are too old to exercise. I think a fit trim older guy can be just as sexy! :)

Dear topchinese,

There is no gym in singapore that only cater to old uncle. Cali gym has many older people, so dun feel intidimated. In fact older person should exercise more than young.

Older people always think that gym is for young, that why they end up putting more weight as they refuse to do anything about.

By the way, go to the gym is not about carrying heavy weight, there many different program that cater to different needs. The program that not require carrying heavy weight.

You should check it out and will be suprised.

Guest gymstart

Im in my mid 40s and have recently signed up with Planet Fitness. The first week in the gym was really tough for me. As I have not been exercising for so many years, I do not have the stamina and the strength and I also felt very self concious. Now after 3 weeks, I have formed a routine and although I still find it tough, Im actually looking forward to hit the gym after work. Mostly I do some running and work out on the machine. The only thing I dun do is using the free weight section as I find that too intimidating. I like it best when going to the steam room after a good workout. That is so relaxing and soothing.

good for you gymstart, you are a proof that it is never too old to start.

find a gym partner (be it str8 or PLU) timed the visits and you will find it is so much easier to do gym

cali and planet fitness have body pump classes, IMO the best way to start weight training (of coz the best if you can afford trainer) simple to follow steps, targeting major muscle groups and non-stop work out for a full hour, best for busy exec

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 7 months later...

FitnessFirst!!!! Since I gym there :P Haha

But I really enjoy working out there.. Clean machines and changing rooms, staff always nice and polite.. and then some of the trainers also super friendly.. Lunch hour usually not that packed...

downside: as guest said... expensive.....

anyway, there's plenty of cruising too >.>

I used to go California.. My gym for 3yrs. It's not really clean unless it's weekday afternoon or the weekends

Used to get hit 99% of the time so kinda tired of it.. Just wanna have a good time working out with the machines. No hanky panky.

I think clean and good facilities r important dude..

So i assume Fitness First is good eh? Thanks GUYS!! ;)

Guest Guest
I would NOT advise California Fitness unless you prefer to have fun! Just my advise.

u mean California Fitness is primarily for "fun"? I am about to join the one at Bugis!!!

Guest Guest
I would NOT advise California Fitness unless you prefer to have fun! Just my advise.

u mean California Fitness is primarily for "fun"? I am about to join the one at Bugis!!!

Very true .... as what the fag-hag -- Lin in the story "About Lionel" had said:

"The good news lah. My gaydar tells me he's gay. I mean, hello? Goes to Cali@Orchard? I tell you if they dropped a bomb there half the gay population would be gone." :D:D:D

Guest Guest

I think all gyms have plenty of PLUs cruising.. Whether Calif, FItness First or Planet. Even the gyms at Safra, or other committee centres.. Its all up to u whether u wanna be hit or not !! I think its unfair to blame the place... Its more of the person. If u don wanna get hit... NOBODY will hit U !!!!

i would agree to what guest @8:44 had said, gym will have the largest number of PLU as PLU tend to be bod concious than non-PLU (sweeping statement hor)

add that gym also provided avenues for wearing skimppy shorts, tight t-shirts, plus chances of full monty, you have the prefect location for cruising.

so if you dont intend to get "hit", just ignore all signs...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest muscle mary

OB not all muscle marys are into their types.I know one who is a hard core chub chaser the fatter the better(thousand layers of fats) :clap:

yeah boy, I ever saw a macho guy in Cali bugis when I was there for a one day tour, he is actually trying out a chub as big size as me....

Dunno should I be happy or sad... gym is a place for workout, but it sounds like an expensive form of TMC liao...

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Guest Guest

I think all gyms have plenty of PLUs cruising.. Whether Calif, FItness First or Planet. Even the gyms at Safra, or other committee centres.. Its all up to u whether u wanna be hit or not !! I think its unfair to blame the place... Its more of the person. If u don wanna get hit... NOBODY will hit U !!!!

True, is more of a person... If you can control, what if you showering half way and someone pee at you?

I think for this case is more the other person and also the place rather then oneself. If the place is full of "gay" activities, is your money worth investing there?

I don't mind old machines, as long as they are still working fine and target the muscle group I need to train on. I particular hate cruisey gym, within the workout permeters. People walking by or seated opposite, staring nonstop, or someone suddenly appear claiming "Have we met somewhere" while you are in the middle of your third set of bench press. Those totally distract or irate me, depending on whether is it done from a cute one or the other kind.

google areanpull

Guest Guest
I don't mind old machines, as long as they are still working fine and target the muscle group I need to train on. I particular hate cruisey gym, within the workout permeters. People walking by or seated opposite, staring nonstop, or someone suddenly appear claiming "Have we met somewhere" while you are in the middle of your third set of bench press. Those totally distract or irate me, depending on whether is it done from a cute one or the other kind.

I've seen one matured man in Safra doing sit-up with baggy short and not wearing an underwear. He did it on purpose. I could see his balls and big semi-erection.

True, is more of a person... If you can control, what if you showering half way and someone pee at you?

I think for this case is more the other person and also the place rather then oneself. If the place is full of "gay" activities, is your money worth investing there?

Well if someone pee ( i think u meant peep - pee would be having kinky sex in the shower liao), You just have to shout at him. By keeping quiet and letting him get away with the peeping is encouragng him (and other gays ) to continue peeping. So ... still the person , not the place ...... hehehe...

Anyway this is just my opinion cos sometimes i like to give my eyes a treat la....

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

If mention about " California Fitness ", most people will say is a Gay Gym. I not too sure about the rest, but to me is their machines & location that make me want to join not.

I am California member, to me it is a Good place, convenient as most very near to MRT station, Good to those who don't drive, & i don't like to swim so i don't need to go for Gym that have Swimming pool.

I believe that if you are a gay, even you join some gym that people claim is " high Class Str Gym" won't turn you to Str, so why bother? Watching too much TV series or movies that people will approach & cruise you when you gym half way?

Most people that hanky panky is at the Sauna & steam room, not in public where everyone workout together. I ever approach when workout before but they just want to know you etc, not touch you openly in public, so what's the big deal?

Remember that those Good Looking & nice built guys won't anyhow approach people, mostly is those out of shape & have some ages uncles or those horny normal looking guys, so don't anyhow dirty their name.

Many of my good looking muscular friends don't even use Cali steam room & sauna, after workout they just shower & leave, some don't even shower there, all depends yourself.

Believe those who workout in Cali will know whether what i say is true not.

You dun need to go to a gym to get a hit. You can be hit at public toilets, libraries, shopping centres, hotel lobbies, bus interchanges, taxi stands....and of cos, you can be hit at the gym too.

So...Cali is a gay gym? Gosh...EVERYWHERE can be gay!

What is more important in your choice of gym should be:

1) accessibility

2) budget

3) variety of machines

4) size of establishment

If you are in the mood to gym while you are overseas, for instance taipei or KL, then you may want to consider joining Cali. If you want to join a gym with very affordable plans, and can bargain some more, consider Cali. If you are looking at the gym with the cleanest and best maintained machine with friendly staff, set up your own gym...its as clean as you want it to be. If not, everywhere is almost the same. Its not as if those that are super crowded will have traces of active HIV strand on the weights and seats waiting to enter your blood vessel thru your skin.

If you want to join a gym where you can either work out a sweat on a good day, or just feast your eyes on a bad day...join Cali. I just worked out a sweat & feasted my eyes today.

:D

How bout the local SCC gyms? They can be quite well equipped too u know.

The one at jurong west stadium has really good machines, free weights corner and its clean.

Why dont u guys just go for those 1 week try-out for each gym and see how it goes ?

:) used to be a fitness first, but too ex for me. Hehx~

Guest Guest

Honestly many gay go to the gym with sex (and looking for love) in their mind but dare not admit it. Just look at their rolling eye whenever someone walk in.

I have been with cali orchard for the past five years and i still love it. I think its all about mindset. If you are determined to train and build muscles or just to keep fit, keep your objectives right. No doubt, there are many AJs there, but does not mean its steam room and sauna are like those in Towel Club. Many do not use its facilities, needless to say cruising there. We gym and go home. If we want to have fun, we would rather do it in a proper place such as in a hotel room or TC cubicles. So get your objective right when you hit a gym.

I have been with cali orchard for the past five years and i still love it. I think its all about mindset. If you are determined to train and build muscles or just to keep fit, keep your objectives right. No doubt, there are many AJs there, but does not mean its steam room and sauna are like those in Towel Club. Many do not use its facilities, needless to say cruising there. We gym and go home. If we want to have fun, we would rather do it in a proper place such as in a hotel room or TC cubicles. So get your objective right when you hit a gym.

Agree.

I really think its in the mindset. Does it mean that you dun go to certain shopping centres or MRT stations cos they are infested with gays?

Does it mean that people cruise you you have to reciprocate or get molested?

My friends and I are from Cali and we gym there for a few years. True enough, there's a lot of gays around looking at people. The same goes for certain shopping centres as well. However, we can always just do our own work out and go home after that. Even if we used the steam room or shower room, it's totally not dangerous at all. Even if there are gays looking at u and hinting that they are interested, you can ignore them and I don't think they will grab you by force.

So dun blame the gym if you gets molested, you probably must have sent some wrong signals to the person.

:D

"Do what you wanna do in life despite what others say, it's your life anyway."

My experience with gym is this.

1. The gym should provide enough equipment to cater to the crowd. When I was in SAFRA years ago, certain equipments were underutilized whilst other equipments were hot.

2. There are always inconsiderate gymers monopolizing not just 1 equipment but sometimes 2. Some of these will waste time answering handphones.

3. There are cruisers in every gym and it takes 2 hands to clap. So dont blame for happenings because you give the wrong signals or you try to be a cock teaser.

4. A gym that has enough equipments to satisfy its members will be good.

z

just curious...

Is it necessary to go for gym? Isn't buying some gym or weight sets back home can have a more quiet and frequent workout? As it more reachable (not need to travel to gym).

I seldom go gym as I think training to much look so block-like...

I only go jogging and play some badminton, maybe go company gym once or few times in a month.

Anyway, these is just my opinion. Hope I didn't offend anyone here.

Feel like wind, roaming free again :lol:

Guest Guest
just curious...

Is it necessary to go for gym? Isn't buying some gym or weight sets back home can have a more quiet and frequent workout? As it more reachable (not need to travel to gym).

I only go jogging and play some badminton, maybe go company gym once or few times in a month.

Going gym to get hitched lor!

just curious...

Is it necessary to go for gym...

like wind, first you need to know why you want to go gym, your real objective? some people not really into carry free weight but more to machine, some just interested in their classes like yoga etc. Some people just want to cruise there. If you are serious gymmer, is hard to train at home, cos there are different parts of body need to be train & built up, you cant buy all the weights home right? if you just to keep fit, swim & jogging etc will do.

just curious...

Last time I could not afford to join a gym, had always try to push up my house sofa as weight :lol:

Hmm.... I have been wanting to join a gym for sometime. Still dunno should I go Cali or FF also. cause both have quite different profile like pool... and also distance form my work place also...

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Guest Guest

asura:

no need to think until so deep. u just need to ask yourself what u want from the gym.

u want swim pool? do you swim? ff gyms have pool but tiny

budget? how much u willing to fork out?

choose a gym which is near your home or work place. if not u will end up not going if u need to purposely travel to the gym unless u're very discipline.

wat u want to achieve? slim down or gain mass or u want muscle bod? if u want to slim down, i think, ..cardio is the best and u dont even need to go gym. just jog at the park and save those bucks.

if u want to gain mass (if u're skinny), then gym is the best. i know cos once i'm severely underweight.

i'm ff member, but alot of things are just extra thats why they can push up the price so much. their dumbbells are not gold plated. but the machines are good and everything seems to be neat and tidy there. but then i usually workout and just leave the place, sometimes i dont even shower cos the gym is at my doorstep.

also dont be 'three minute passion' and sign up for gym. if u dont go regularly, money is wasted. and frankly, if u're huge, sometimes results cannot be seen too fast, so it may not motivate u to continue and end up giving up.

for me, once i'm bigger , i may just quit and join normal clubfitt gyms. ff is too expensive. last time i join becos they got better machines (great for beginnners) and less pple during peak hours. now i've mastered most freeweights techniques and i dont use machines anymore.

I guess one reason gyms are good because you go there for a purpose. For some, the mentality that "i spend time getting here so i better make the trip worth it" give some sense of discipline to help motivate to work out. All the cruising are distractions of people cruising there are not helping and I guess that is why some are not happy about it.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

• 9 months later...
Guest newbie

Hey peeps,

I am planning to get a gym membership in raffles place area since i am interning there for 3 months.

Is planet fitness or fitness first better?

Looking forward to your advices!!!

If you're only interning, then I suggest not taking a gym membership like FF or Cali or PF. They're expensive for an intern, and you can actually save that money by going to Clubfitt. Seriously.

And 3 months is a very short time. Think about the membership commitment after that. Not small amounts I would say.

Guest newbie
If you're only interning, then I suggest not taking a gym membership like FF or Cali or PF. They're expensive for an intern, and you can actually save that money by going to Clubfitt. Seriously.

And 3 months is a very short time. Think about the membership commitment after that. Not small amounts I would say.

pardon me asking... where's clubfitt?

Guest hstnasia
Hey peeps,

I am planning to get a gym membership in raffles place area since i am interning there for 3 months.

Is planet fitness or fitness first better?

Looking forward to your advices!!!

Well if budget is not an issue for you, I would say Fitness First is a better choice. Besides the fitness and gym facilities, you could swim at their pool as well (1 George St., Capitol Tower and OUB Bldg have pools). But if budget is of your concern then Planet Fitness would be an option.

Guest newbie
Well if budget is not an issue for you, I would say Fitness First is a better choice. Besides the fitness and gym facilities, you could swim at their pool as well (1 George St., Capitol Tower and OUB Bldg have pools). But if budget is of your concern then Planet Fitness would be an option.

Planet fitness shifted from Far East Square to China Square... Is it really crowded there?

Is that a good choice?

Guest hstnasia
Planet fitness shifted from Far East Square to China Square... Is it really crowded there?

Is that a good choice?

ok Kiddo, why don't you just go down and decided it for yourself? After all, it your own comfortable level.

I am a Planet Fitness member for the past 5 yrs and my membership is ending this Nov. As much as i think the place is not bad, i have decided not to continue. I didn't like the fact that whenever they have new branches, we have to top-up to gain access. I think its more economical to go over to Safras gym. Fitness First is way out of my budget... hehe

Edited by Panda_9791

Koh Samui, I need u...

• 7 months later...
Guest just me

Anyone knows where the club fitt at national stadium has shifted to.

From what I gathered when u check the NTUC website there are no club fitt listed there anymore.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.