Male HQ

Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)

Guest LovelyBoi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest State Race From Start

The last couple of times I went to Taboo, I noticed that too many people overdid their partying probably before arriving, and vomited on the floors or walls near the back wall. Please control yourselves and know how much of whatever you can consume. Go out to have fun but not to get sick.

I also think my people act too juvenile and don't understand how to behave within a confined space where there are many others dancing. Pushing and shoving each other. Trying to force guys to remove their shirts who don't want to. Running around like they're on the playground at recess.

Then there are the big groups of people who move into a space where you are already dancing and use their bodies to passive aggressively nudge you out of your spot. They don't even speak or act friendly or acknowledge your existence. Just rudely attempt to claim the area away from you.

Also the slightly-raised dance floor is a bad idea. I have seen too many people stumble off of it, and others dance in the "walkway" regardless, so there is no point to have it raised from the rest of that area. Just make them the same level, but different colors or textures instead, would be safer.

One more thing. The bar stools against the back wall are a nuisance. I have seen too many people trip over them while trying to walk around, or others sit on them and stick their knees far out into the walkway. It would be better to remove them from that area before the club gets too crowded.

Guest Group Pound

The previous poster forgot to mention people constantly taking selfies. I personally have no desire to be on the social media sites of people I don't know, even as a bystander, in a scene that is clearly at a gay bar. They should take a couple of quick discreet selfies with their own circle and then focus on dancing.

I also see a ton of people spending much of the night on Grindr and Jackd. One guy who I noticed checking me out but isn't my type even came and stood next to me at one point, trying to see if I had Grindr on, using proximity mode. I didn't, but instead of simply saying hello, he just walked away disappointed.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 11 months later...
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tseuG
On June 28, 2017 at 5:13 AM, ahb0yy91 said:

wow... i did not know KL got gay bar..

Are you serious? I was going to KL and partying at Liquid about 15 years ago. I have no idea if Liquid still exists, considering it was at Central Market, which is probably too much of a prime location for the fundamentalists to let it stay there for more than a couple of years. But surely another place has emerged as the new hot spot. Every big city has gay bars and clubs, even those in very religious surroundings like KL and Jakarta, because those cities will always have gay residents who need places to socialize. Ditto for Taboo.

Guest Vet(eran)

Taboo is like SG's Blue Boy (KL's 30 yrs pink venue) used to be, complete with slummy decor and dangerous dance floor,  steamy packed crowd. However, BB recently renovated too slickly and it became like an expensive straight tourist club with a drag show and no crowd. So much for the loud fashionable critics who are now never seen in the deserted place. Is there a lesson here?

Guest Genius

I had no idea that Blue Boy in KL changed so much but it sounds boring now. And yes Taboo has a dangerous dance floor. They really need to raise the floor near the back wall to be the same level as the main dance area. I know they were trying to leave a walkway, but it doesn't work, people always dance in the so-called walkway. They also need to remove the chairs from the walkway area immediately after their early special events end. It makes walking by very difficult when the crowd pours in because the chairs are in the way. Otherwise get rid of the bench areas along the back wall by turning them into cubby holes and sliding the chairs all the way against the back wall away from the floor.

• 3 months later...
Guest Intensely Staring At Butt

I don't know why, but the last couple of times I went to Taboo, some girls who I have never met before were keen to share their drinks and dance with me. Other groups of girls and their preening bottom friends kept attempting to rudely nudge me out of the space where I was happily dancing and not bothering anyone.

• 2 months later...
Guest For Hire

So odd seeing a guy/girl couple making out in the seats near the back wall. Yes she was a real female! Are they trying to take the gay out of Singapore's original gay dance club?

• 7 months later...
Guest Filler

I have been to Taboo twice since they renovated at the beginning of the summer. The only thing they needed to do was remove the dangerous split level dancefloor but they went for a complete overhaul. The bar is now on the opposite side of the room near where the exit used to be. The DJ booth is where the bar used to be, with a thin raised catwalk behind it, and three bottle service tables on either side of the booth. The dancefloor is in the middle and no longer elevated. A couple of smaller circular platforms to stand on are available, however, and I saw people falling off them or being dangerously pulled off them several times. Bad idea. Taboo needs to get rid of them. Also they occupy space where people should be dancing and they make it difficult to move around from area to area.

In fact that is the biggest problem. It is very difficult to walk around now and no longer any good spots to stand, drink, and observe the action. People may say just dance, but who can dance four straight hours without taking a break, that's shortsighted. The big mirror on the wall near the toilet is a bad idea. I saw presumably tipsy people walking into the mirror a couple of times, because with the dimmed and flashing lights, they probably thought it was more of the dance floor. Taboo should replace that mirror with another advertising wall, or a mural, or something else. In summation, I like the new bar location, but the elevated circular platforms on the dance floor and the big mirror on the wall next to the toilet entrance need to be removed. Can't do much about the lack of space for walking.

I still love Taboo, many hot straight Singapore male models hanging-out , models from Brazil and Southeast Asia, tourists, some college girls too.

I do love that they have small circular platforms which actually half a circle because of the beam that stands up until the ceiling. 

For me that's enough space for one attention seeking dancer :P.

Once  Addie Low was with his models and we also had our VIP table beside them, he went to each table , very  accommodating. It was actually my Thai friend's birthday and Addie greeted him happy birthday , offered our VIP table free shots and then he asked the birthday boy to stand and go with him to the bar, he was offered huge goblet of flaming zombie cocktail to finish, what a blast.

Cover charge is SGD 25.

Locker, you need to use the new SGD1 coin.

I do not agree that Taboo is similar to the old Blue Boy , Taboo is not slummy people, my BKK guest actually love Taboo because where else can do go and dance , Tantric, Peaches?

Singapore is a cool and safe place to party in a very conservative country ,there is a haven for us gays to party and relax without worry. Even my first time visitor Thai friends can not believe that there is pink area here from Chinatown and  extends until Neil Road. We need to support these establishments.

If you'll compare it to KL party scene, my stay in Malaysia gave me bad experience once in Liquid and one in a dance bar that already closed also within Bukit Bintang, there were raids and random drug tests and the police will ask you to urinate to check if you consumed or took drugs. As a PLU, that is scary, what more if you are a foreigner just happening to be KL. Also, if you are a foreigner in Malaysia, you need to bring your IC or passport , if there are checkpoints you need to show the original , not allowed photocopy.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Guest So Gieh Plus So Pasieh
7 hours ago, riverrobles said:

I do love that they have small circular platforms which actually half a circle because of the beam that stands up until the ceiling.

For me that's enough space for one attention seeking dancer :P.

Maybe having the one big semi-circular platform in the middle is okay. The smaller ones need to go. They cause unnecessary congestion, prevent people from moving around as well as they should, and are also dangerous because it is easy to fall off of them which I have already seen several times. If you know the owner, advise him one platform only, that's it. The thing about people walking into the big mirror on the wall is also true. Easy to get confused when you are trying to get to the toilet while intoxicated.

3 minutes ago, Guest So Gieh Plus So Pasieh said:

Maybe having the one big semi-circular platform in the middle is okay. The smaller ones need to go. They cause unnecessary congestion, prevent people from moving around as well as they should, and are also dangerous because it is easy to fall off of them which I have already seen several times. If you know the owner, advise him one platform only, that's it. The thing about people walking into the big mirror on the wall is also true. Easy to get confused when you are trying to get to the toilet while intoxicated.

I do agree about the mirror, it would be a cause of disorientation even if that establishment is just small.

Originally there was a raised platform in the middle. If you still remember, the raised platform was the one being made an issue of.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Guest @ Rest
On August 26, 2018 at 12:11 PM, riverrobles said:

I do agree about the mirror, it would be a cause of disorientation even if that establishment is just small.

Originally there was a raised platform in the middle. If you still remember, the raised platform was the one being made an issue of.

That old raised dance-floor was terrible. It only took, what, 15 years to get rid of it? Now, as suggested above, they should make their club even safer by reducing the number of smaller raised platforms to one and only one.

• 2 months later...
Guest Young Spice Roll-On

I have seen several people come dangerously close to falling off those small platforms, either because they have a bad sense of balance (especially when drinking), or because their immature friends have no common sense and are pushing, pulling, or grabbing them while on those small platforms. The two small platforms are a safety hazard and cause unnecessary clutter on the dance floor. Wake up Taboo.

• 2 months later...

Been to a lot of gay clubs in Asia and I must say that taboo is a huge disappointment.

Its very small,cramp and squeezy 

And they don’t control the number of pax inside the club resulting it to be overcrowded 

5 hours ago, Guest Grunt said:

Been to a lot of gay clubs in Asia and I must say that taboo is a huge disappointment.

And they don’t control the number of pax inside the club resulting it to be overcrowded 

More pax means more revenue. Problem?

2 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

More pax means more revenue. Problem?

Not an issue.. but they didn’t really think for those people inside the club .

like it’s already 90% crowded and limited of spaces to walk and they’re still allowing people to come in

14 hours ago, Guest Grunt said:

That's GAY club for you, mate.

Edited by Nwest

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

Oh.... This place is still operating ? Never heard the name for long time. Even so I presume business must have drop compare to many years back. With affordable spending power of people nowadays, I suppose lots rather fly to bkk or tw. More friendly plu over there. Just my two cents. 

21 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Oh.... This place is still operating ? Never heard the name for long time. Even so I presume business must have drop compare to many years back. With affordable spending power of people nowadays, I suppose lots rather fly to bkk or tw. More friendly plu over there. Just my two cents. 

Yes, Taboo is alive and kicking. Was there 2 mths back for a fren's birthday and the place was filled to the brim.

Guest Cleanly Teacher

I was at Taboo on Saturday and it was packed so the slanderous posts maligning the club's attendance and popularity are ridiculous.

As for the revamp, if you read the posts starting last August, the changes were described in a bit of detail. Some better but some not.

Guest re vamp
On 8/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Guest @ Rest said:

That old raised dance-floor was terrible. It only took, what, 15 years to get rid of it? Now, as suggested above, they should make their club even safer by reducing the number of smaller raised platforms to one and only one.

was only revamped as the Taboo owner has now considering his age serious difficulties in climbing up the elevated platforms and as he experienced being pushed down by younger more agile guys...

That's the background why the elevated dance ramps were removed....

Guest Blank
On 7/28/2019 at 11:58 PM, xiaomimi said:

Quite true on that 

Really so bad? Haven't been there for years since I'm attached lol. 

I know this is a few years late, but I want to say thank you to the guy (with your friends) at the bar counter who looked at me, then offered your drinks. Sorry I was quite drunk and couldn't drink anymore. Should've ask for your number instead. Though I'm drunk, that doesn't mean I don't know you're my type - short hair, cute face, not sure of the body and seem like the caring kind :redface:. My friends were waiting for me outside as I struggled to the washroom to pee badly. I know we will never cross path again but if fate comes along, I hope we will meet each other again :)

(just want to take this memory off my chest) 

On 7/30/2019 at 2:03 AM, Guest Blank said:

Really so bad? Haven't been there for years since I'm attached lol. 

I know this is a few years late, but I want to say thank you to the guy (with your friends) at the bar counter who looked at me, then offered your drinks. Sorry I was quite drunk and couldn't drink anymore. Should've ask for your number instead. Though I'm drunk, that doesn't mean I don't know you're my type - short hair, cute face, not sure of the body and seem like the caring kind :redface:. My friends were waiting for me outside as I struggled to the washroom to pee badly. I know we will never cross path again but if fate comes along, I hope we will meet each other again :)

(just want to take this memory off my chest) 

I remembered the bartender giving me 3x alcohol to 'punish' me because I used to exploit the liquid buffet. (Like ask for 3-4 glasses on the pretext of asking for a friend) :rolleyes:

I also miss the guy who slid his hands under my singlet to pinch my nipples when I was high. 

Guest Blank
1 hour ago, repressednerd said:

I remembered the bartender giving me 3x alcohol to 'punish' me because I used to exploit the liquid buffet. (Like ask for 3-4 glasses on the pretext of asking for a friend) :rolleyes:

I also miss the guy who slid his hands under my singlet to pinch my nipples when I was high. 

Haha! Who pinched your nipples :P

Oops just to clarify that the cute guy I met sitting at the bar counter with his 2friends were patrons, not the working staff there. I guess our fate was to meet but not be together. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

i dont go clubs in sg hahahaha too racist unlike in other country where you will be approached by locals.

Its not racist but different preferences, just accept reality lah.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

i dont go clubs in sg hahahaha too racist unlike in other country where you will be approached by locals.

Don't approach you means sgreans are racists?

You sound like you have Princess Illness.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Oh My God!

It is a double age sword.   If too sparse  and less patrons, people complain not enough "meat" to choose from.  If too packed, people complain too "crowded" with no space.  

If you like suana to be the like of hotelier service standard, be prepared to pay for more.  Otherwise, the intention is travel there with ease, find someone you like, get a room, enjoy a full fuck and then leave  the place to make space for others.  Wasn't that the ultimate intention of a Suana or do you still expect a butlers at your beck and call for all your needs of a perfect Suana service?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • G_M changed the title to Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.