Male HQ

Lost In Life

Hanabishi

Life is never a bed of roses... so learn to tackle one thing at a time.

Job hunting? Ever tried getting friends or expert help to look at your CV and resume?

Did tt already, got several calls. Some sounds like they are compelling you as they; the recruitment agencys need to hit their monthly target. :) Just that sometimes time really wears you out in the long run making you wonder what are you doing here.

Guest loneliness

I'm turning 22 soon, and I'm a foreigner juz graduated from a private institute in sgp.. due to many reasons i find that life is quite boring and monotone, and ultimately makes me felt that life is meaningless....

I plan to look for a job in sgp, but I do know that as a foreigner is vr diff to find a job in sgp as most of the firms might find it hassle to apply work permit for u... I've been here for 3 mths, and at last got a company willing to accept me, but i'm worried about the approval of the work pass by the MoM, as many of my friends has been rejected... =S

Hmm, another reason is that may be i nvr make any commitments before in love and I think that i'm a bi (maybe... gay? lol idk) hence tends to be lonesome even though i got lotsa frens in sgp... if i'm a gay, then bo huat, i came up with a solution is either to remain single forever, until my parents are not in this world (because i cherish them vr much, and i used to meet their expectation and i dun wanna disappoint them), then maybe tat's the time i will walk out from my closet? or hopes tat i'm lucky enough to find a gal tat can turn me into str8, so tat i can make commitment towards her and hv my own family... (perhaps?)

but like oralb said, life is juz unpredictable, there are moments where you are in ecstatic, and even down to the bottom pit... juz face it bravely and find ur own solution that suits u best... Time is the best remedies, where it heals ur wound even though the scars might left behind, but if u survive from it, u will be reborn as a stronger person...

I'm turning 22 soon, and I'm a foreigner juz graduated from a private institute in sgp.. due to many reasons i find that life is quite boring and monotone, and ultimately makes me felt that life is meaningless....

I plan to look for a job in sgp, but I do know that as a foreigner is vr diff to find a job in sgp as most of the firms might find it hassle to apply work permit for u... I've been here for 3 mths, and at last got a company willing to accept me, but i'm worried about the approval of the work pass by the MoM, as many of my friends has been rejected... =S

Hmm, another reason is that may be i nvr make any commitments before in love and I think that i'm a bi (maybe... gay? lol idk) hence tends to be lonesome even though i got lotsa frens in sgp... if i'm a gay, then bo huat, i came up with a solution is either to remain single forever, until my parents are not in this world (because i cherish them vr much, and i used to meet their expectation and i dun wanna disappoint them), then maybe tat's the time i will walk out from my closet? or hopes tat i'm lucky enough to find a gal tat can turn me into str8, so tat i can make commitment towards her and hv my own family... (perhaps?)

but like oralb said, life is juz unpredictable, there are moments where you are in ecstatic, and even down to the bottom pit... juz face it bravely and find ur own solution that suits u best... Time is the best remedies, where it heals ur wound even though the scars might left behind, but if u survive from it, u will be reborn as a stronger person...

Haha I am sometimes at the stage I find life quite meaningless as well. Live to struggle only to die in the end. The process in btwn maybe the part tt ppl enjoy best to pursue. But I am always finding new things to keep me motivated. I am taking up violin once job stuff settled.

I have to tell you tt this year for employment of foreigners had tightened as I worked with the Ministry b4. Changes on employment levy rates (for Spass and WorkPermits, EP no levy ) had already started since beginning of this year and will keep increasing on till 2012. (u can find on MOM web) It's to encourage local employers to take up locals. So it maybe a bit hard for you as a foreigner.

Yeap one more thing maybe u have to see if you r really bi haha :D~ For me if I can't find a guy I like, I most probably will get my own kid maybe thru surrogate mothers and spend more time with my kid. I love kids. I always end up falling in love with guys with really good character and looks, humble, shy and all. But all straight guys. :/ Good Game really.

Edited by Hanabishi

I felt lost before I went to army. My friends were all enlisted and the night life didn't appeal to me at all. Turned to religion of all things because that was the only rational choice left for me (or so I thought). Fortunately for me, the organization I joined and the religion I adopted was the right one for me and set the stage for my life later on.

I think since you're empty, all sorts of good and bad can fill you up during this stage. Boils down to your good fortune to do the right thing.

Guest loneliness

totally agree, struggling till the end u muz die as well... haha, but according to the Buddhist teaching it is a sin to suicide leh :wacko:. Glad to hear tat at least u found sth to motivate u... if for me, i think my parents and my fam is the main motivation, worse comes to worst, i go shave botak and become monk! :lol:

woow, cool huh used to work with the ministry. sadly but true (for foreigner only :yuk: ), since last yr the number of PR and work permit that has been approved is lesser than yr 2009's 50%. juz pray hard2 to lemme get it, or else need to go back to hometown liao and apply EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) from ICA, as i got the certificate alr from MoM.. aiz, how i wished i was born few yrs earlier or later to change my fate... ckckck, nth can be done, think need to work harder in order to get wat i want...

in case of bi, idk leh... nvr been in a relationship, think i'm too timid in trying new things.. since u luv kids, and in case (touch wood..) tat u cannot get ur ideal partner, then why don't u psycho urself to become str8? find a nice gal, but make sure u can stay faithful lah, dun hurts other and put commitments on it... i know it's hard, but it used to struck on my mind... wat's more u can hv ur own flesh and blood as u luv kids? i luv kids only when they are calm and sweet, not when they turn into a devil XD

anw, i'm new in posting forums, hence dunno how to put windows on ur comment, paiseh sia...

It's definitely not easy to find out what you really want to do or to be in life.

After all, looks like many of the people here are pretty young. :D

I can't say I've finally* found out my true purpose yet, but one thing for sure,

is that whatever you want to do, it should be something that is natural to you

(you don't need to strive very hard to get results). You can call it a gift, talent, etc.

Try and think for a while, what you have liked to do from young till now...

(I hear someone is going to say sex somewhere but that's not the point, duh.)

My advice is, while looking for jobs, think of what you enjoy doing and you would like to do in your job,

so that you'll find your job enjoyable, and not so much of having to drag yourself to work just for the money's sake.

Here are also some of my experience whilst looking for job...

(some of you may have heard this term before - yes, it's visualisation [and a bit of law of attraction])

The first thing to think about, it the what. What kind of job do you want to do?

IT? Sales? Marketing? Trading?

Think of what you WANT to do, instead of what you don't want.

Imagine yourself in that workplace. How many colleagues do you want to work with?

Where is the place that you feel it's right for you?

What is the feeling when you see yourself working in that environment?

Do you feel happy and fulfilled?

Do you mind doing OT when you got this job?

These are some of the questions you may want to ask yourself first, then start closing yourself and imagine things taking place in this.

If you can see it, you can have it.

Hope it helps, and hope it's not too preachy! heheh

Will you be my valentine's? :D

I felt lost before I went to army. My friends were all enlisted and the night life didn't appeal to me at all. Turned to religion of all things because that was the only rational choice left for me (or so I thought). Fortunately for me, the organization I joined and the religion I adopted was the right one for me and set the stage for my life later on.

I think since you're empty, all sorts of good and bad can fill you up during this stage. Boils down to your good fortune to do the right thing.

I am more of a free thinker now, used to be a Taoism until parents divorced. Having a religion its like having a will. Life is harsh having a will is something you can hold on to. In this case is your religion. Watching Glee taught me that :D~~!!!

-loneliness-

The purpose of surrogate mothers is to ask them bear the child for you with ur sperm. If you are gay you can't turn straight one la! That is worst than going to hell for suicide LOL. It's living hell in yourself if you are lying to yourself.

gaycurious85

I always hear ppl say that some ppl will be successful faster than the others some will fall harder as well of course some slower. Maybe some of us belong to tt batch tt succeed slower. I am sure I am in the slower batch :x

Edited by Hanabishi

It's definitely not easy to find out what you really want to do or to be in life.

After all, looks like many of the people here are pretty young. :D

I can't say I've finally* found out my true purpose yet, but one thing for sure,

is that whatever you want to do, it should be something that is natural to you

(you don't need to strive very hard to get results). You can call it a gift, talent, etc.

Try and think for a while, what you have liked to do from young till now...

(I hear someone is going to say sex somewhere but that's not the point, duh.)

My advice is, while looking for jobs, think of what you enjoy doing and you would like to do in your job,

so that you'll find your job enjoyable, and not so much of having to drag yourself to work just for the money's sake.

Here are also some of my experience whilst looking for job...

(some of you may have heard this term before - yes, it's visualisation [and a bit of law of attraction])

The first thing to think about, it the what. What kind of job do you want to do?

IT? Sales? Marketing? Trading?

Think of what you WANT to do, instead of what you don't want.

Imagine yourself in that workplace. How many colleagues do you want to work with?

Where is the place that you feel it's right for you?

What is the feeling when you see yourself working in that environment?

Do you feel happy and fulfilled?

Do you mind doing OT when you got this job?

These are some of the questions you may want to ask yourself first, then start closing yourself and imagine things taking place in this.

If you can see it, you can have it.

Hope it helps, and hope it's not too preachy! heheh

No it helps alot! But sometimes reality is a bitch you know what you want but you cannot get it thats why always must have backup plan which I sort of have but end up for the sake of $. Now degree becoming like benchmark for everything. Have to wait till the older generation die out then I will see a change. Singapore education system seemed like not helping much I think in Japan they will asked you to fill up a form on what you want to do in future when graduating from sec sch. Why SG DUN have one! No wonder so many ppl got lost after O levels~

Guest Guest

No it helps alot! But sometimes reality is a bitch you know what you want but you cannot get it thats why always must have backup plan which I sort of have but end up for the sake of $. Now degree becoming like benchmark for everything. Have to wait till the older generation die out then I will see a change. Singapore education system seemed like not helping much I think in Japan they will asked you to fill up a form on what you want to do in future when graduating from sec sch. Why SG DUN have one! No wonder so many ppl got lost after O levels~

my specialty is bumming around, any job that i can laze around?

• Guest locked this topic