Male HQ

Photography Enthusiasts + Photographer's Group (Compiled)

qiange

Outing #496 - Sat 9 Mar, starts 8.45am, ends around noon.

Participants are more than welcome to linger after the outing over brunch/drinks to chat.

This outing is ideal for newbies and beginners, as the route has a good blend of genres to shoot. And the outing is limited to only 4 slots to ensure all participants get enough attention.

Please note that I do not wait for latecomers and I do not entertain halfway-joiners.

Those keen to join, please PM me your name+contact tel, and I'll revert with mine and the meet-up spot.

Argh too bad I'm not here this weekend

Outing #496 - Sat 9 Mar, starts 8.45am, ends around noon.

Participants are more than welcome to linger after the outing over brunch/drinks to chat.

This outing is ideal for newbies and beginners, as the route has a good blend of genres to shoot.  And the outing is limited to only 4 slots to ensure all participants get enough attention.

Please note that I do not wait for latecomers and I do not entertain halfway-joiners.

Those keen to join, please PM me your name+contact tel, and I'll revert with mine and the meet-up spot.

Last call for tomorrow's outing.  This is especially for those of you who've beening asking me for such an outing since the start of the year!

Instagram @the_meowprince

So far, it has been two newbie outings since the start of the year.  I hope those few who attended have gained valuable insights and learnt something good (esp the pointlessness of asking me which is the better camera).  I'll be doing a casual outing this weekend on Sun morning, and walking around, probably with my bf in tow.  So those who've joined me the last two times, you are most welcome to join us and use the outing to benchmark yourselves on what you've learnt and how far you've grown. 

Sunday, 8.30am - 10.30am, just an easy walkabout on the fringe of town.  I hope to shoot IR, so you know I'll be doing a place with trees and grass.  ;)

As usual, PM me. 

My regular photo outings will be back last weekend of April. 

This Sunday afternoon is the launch of the Tiong Bahru Heritage Trail, so there'll be guided tours of the Trail, and Air-Raid Shelter tours.  Hmmm... wonder if any BWers are guiding...

Edited by MeowPrince

The Heritage Trail outings are going to start running now, every 30 mins, there'll be groups departing.  Each route runs for close to 2 hours.  Last group leaves Tiong Bahru CC at 5.30pm today.  Those keen, please go to Tiong Bahru CC to register for the outings. 

Next outing (#497) will be on Sun 28th Apr starting at 8.10am.  The route will include parts of the Jalan Besar Heritage area. 

As with all my outings, PM me only if you can make it and are sure you want to go. 

Outing closes when slots or filled or 12 hours before, which is earlier.

@Phil - those are the mild ones... @@

@glowingember - the b&w one is actually part walls, part beams, and those patches created by the sunlight upon them.  Its the inner facade of a block of HDB flats.

Am hoping for good weather this weekend to shoot around the bay area.

Love the food pics...salivating.

Lol...the kitty peeping under a door and another kitty almost hidden by your lens.

Your pics always brighten my ... er ... night.

Oh.  Okay, glad my pics can help, albeit in a somewhat dubious-sounding manner....

(am imagining one looking at photos in the dark.... errrr)  Hehehehe....

And my bf is rolling on the floor hysterically laughing. O_o

I like the last 2 pics too, especially the last one.

The lemony(?)-yellow inside the building is a suitable contrast to the night sky.

Is the sparkle co-incidental or an add-on?

The sparkle in the last pic somehow reminds me of Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam painting. I think your bf's ROFL again :-)

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

I like the last 2 pics too, especially the last one.

The lemony(?)-yellow inside the building is a suitable contrast to the night sky.

Is the sparkle co-incidental or an add-on?

The sparkle in the last pic somehow reminds me of Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam painting. I think your bf's ROFL again :-)

The "sparkle" a.k.a. starburst effect, is typical of night shots when the photographer manipulates his lens in very long exposures.  In this case, one of 60-seconds. 

The pano (wider) pic has many of it too, though you'll have to zoom in on the print to see them. 

Nah, he went home after he recovered.  :P

The twirly heart is sweet.

The last pic - 2 star bursts!!!

Tiong Bahru is a nostalgic estate, like Changi Village and some areas in Commonwealth.

Yes, it is a lovely estate.  Should come join the monthly Heritage Trail walking tours, I'll be leading a group in Jun.  :)

Hope you enjoyed the Ritz Carlton :) Great hotel and nice rooms :)

Of course!  Bf and I had a great time with friends.

412016_zpse014a489.jpg

MeowPrince, on 26 Apr 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yes, it is a lovely estate. Should come join the monthly Heritage Trail walking tours, I'll be leading a group in Jun.

I should qualify that I'll be leading a group for the Air Raid Shelter tour. Hahah.

And the regular walking tour in August. For those keen to sign up, its on NHB's webby. And the May/Jun/Jul tours are full already.

add :-

repost earlier Air Raid shelter pic for those who asked.... :P

12111_zpsc42fe8bc.jpg

Edited by MeowPrince

reminds me of winter in Paris...

Haha Phil yeah.  But I don't like the cold.

Normally IR requires decent sunlight to produce good shots.  The rainy/gloomy weather then was a tough nut to work with, hence only one decent pic to show. 

Haha Phil yeah.  But I don't like the cold.

Normally IR requires decent sunlight to produce good shots.  The rainy/gloomy weather then was a tough nut to work with, hence only one decent pic to show. 

Thanks, MeowPrince, for those explanations. It seems to require lots of technical skills...

I just admire the result!

I don't like cold either... But Singapore is really too hot sometimes...

Thanks, MeowPrince, for those explanations. It seems to require lots of technical skills...

I just admire the result!

I don't like cold either... But Singapore is really too hot sometimes...

Yes, it is hot and humid here. 

I'll post more photos after the weekend.