Male HQ

Stomp News (Compiled)

Guest Guest

yeah i was horrified when i see this video this morning! but reading the comments, some of them suggested that it was scripted.

and i wish he didnt wear that scarf. now dunno what people will think about the our community. i hope it doesn't escalate to gay bashing on the youtube.

like, please focus on the heading "MAN PUSHES ELDERLY WOMEN" instead of "GAY MAN PUSHES ELDERLY WOMEN."

well. but i can only hope.

Really scripted. I mean, typical singaporean, will not call old lady, "old lady". We call them "Aunties" or "Ah Ma". Besides, don't u find the whole scene, everybody speaks perfect english? haha... as in sounds politically correct english. No fxxk, no vulgar.. whatsoever... =x just what I think.

Sometimes I give my heart away too easily.

yeah like that time the very romantic aj proposing to another aj video. i wonder how many people know that that's scripted?

and i am sure a lot of people wont know this is (if it is) sripted and direct insensitive remarks to the community again lor.

i wonder what awareness are they trying to pull off again. =X

does it matter to anyone whether he is gay or not? even if he is, he isn't the first one give the gay people a bad name.

agree. but while he -isn't the first-, he should not contribute in giving us a bad name.

http://exakr-lifestory.tumblr.com/

Frak this shit.

Comments closed. I’m tired of chasing after so many flaming comments.

No more comments will be approved.

Posted 2 hours ago

29 Comments

I’m now receiving a lot of messages accusing me of trying to hide behind a wall of sympathy and pulling together unrelated incidents.

All I can say is, do any of you really understand what it is like to be in my shoes?

I’m feeling really stressed out right now. I’m not sure if I can continue this.

Please, think before you comment.

Posted 2 hours ago

17 Comments

Chapter 1.

So, where do I start?

Do I start from the very beginning, or do I start from the reason why I’m writing this in the first place?

Perhaps I should start with the reason why I started this blog, since I suspect most of you will be directed here after reading press reports of the incident that triggered this.

Let me fill you in on my side of the story.

I have been trying to find a proper, stable job for over half-a-year now. My previous job was as a temporary admin at Informatics, a job that sucked hard, with disgustingly long hours, disgusting environment, disgusting pay, and a disgusting commute. I hated it, and I swore to myself not to take such jobs ever again. Unfortunately, my choice is limited - I will explain why at a later time - and this has been frustrating me, along with other matters I will explain later.

Fast-forward to 5th of June, this year.

I was going to Dhoby Ghaut by bus from my home in Sembawang to get something fixed. At Thomson, this old lady pressed the stop bell at the last minute, to which I told her not to the next time.

She just simply and suddenly shouted back at me for that.

I ask: who doesn’t get angry over something like this, trying to advise someone on the proper way of doing things, only to be shouted back at for no rhyme or reason?

Obviously I was not happy with this, and because of this an argument broke out between the two of us. In a fit of anger, I threatened her to either get off the bus or that I will slap her, to which she said, “No! I won’t get off this bus! So what?!”.

All I wanted was her out of the way so I can continue my journey.

So I give her a light push to get her off the bus.

I never ever wanted to injure or hurt her in any way, nor did I ever have any intention to make her fall, or to really harm her in any way.

But fall she did, and hurt herself lightly she did, and for that, I was really both shocked and sorry about it. At that point of time though, I was just angry, I was just pissed, and I just want to continue my journey without this old lady holding up things.

I did not wish to go into details on between what happened next and when the police arrived, but what I can say is that I did intend to leave the scene just so I can continue my journey, but something - a sense of responsibility, a sense of having to give a proper explanation - took me back there. I knew I had to be responsible for everything that happened.

In the back of my mind, I knew things might get blown out of proportion, so I called my dad to inform him of what happened, just in case. As his job was relatively mobile, he decided to drive down to the scene to have a look at the situation.

Eventually the police and ambulance services arrived, and both me and the old lady were interrogated while the commuters were ushered onto another bus.

I informed the police that I have been having some emotional instability this past few weeks, owing to how I wasn’t able to secure a good job and certain items in the news, and that I myself am struggling with psychological issues (obsessive-compulsive disorder, clinical depression, autism-spectrum disorder), and that I never intended to injure the lady, that everything happened as a culmination of a lot of anger that has been simmering inside me.

This was conveyed to the old lady, who understood my situation and was willing to drop the matter as long as I offered an apology, which I gave and she accepted.

The next day (yesterday), I was called down to the police station to give a statement regarding the incident. I was told by the officer that, if not for my remorse and the fact that I have some psychological issues, I could definitely have been charged. I said in my statement that again, I felt remorse over the incident, that I have offered my apologies to the old lady who accepted it, and that I’m actually worried over her condition. The officer said that he will do his best to get just a stern warning over the matter from his supervisor, given the mitigating factors, to which I’m grateful for for him to do that.

Now, you might ask, where did all this anger come from?

I was reflecting upon the whole incident afterward, when I realised that, ultimately, my anger all stemmed from incidents that happened earlier in my life, anger that otherwise had nowhere to go.

But first, the immediate sources: why so much anger in me?

Firstly, the aforementioned inability to find a good job. My later posts will give you more insight about this but let me just go through this quickly.

Yes, I admit: I’m picky about jobs, but who doesn’t want a comfortable job doing what he/she likes? Unfortunately, my qualifications has excluded me from all but dead-end temporary jobs, and as I mentioned earlier, my last job was disgusting and emotionally drained me out.

Add to the fact that your parents have been pushing you to get a job for ages, and the shame of being a 25-year-old having to financially depend on your dad.

Singapore is such a society in that everything requires both money and qualifications to chase dreams; I have a lot of dreams, but how to chase such dreams when you lack both?

Again, all will be revealed later on.

Secondly, that recent accident involving the PRC-driven Ferrari at Bugis.

That really got a lot of nerves fraying in Singapore, but it stuck an extreme chord in me, as I see it as an incident where rich foreign trash ruins the dreams of a local working-class family, killing off their sole breadwinner. When I read how the taxi driver’s daughter may have to delay her studies because of this incident, it stuck an especially hard chord in myself, for I know how it is like to have your studies, your dreams, to be taken away by bastards.

I know that feeling, as I was there myself.

In fact, at one point I got so angry that I really took a knife and told my father, “let’s go kill some Chinamen”. Of course, my dad had to literally physically stop me from doing so, but my anger remained.

And quite unfortunately, my anger, which had nowhere to go, had to be released on an innocent old lady.

Again, I deeply apologise to the old lady, and I wish her no lasting harm.

Posted 4 hours ago

94 Comments

Introduction.

Firstly, let me say I was encouraged to set up this blog after my friends on Facebook encouraged me to do this as an alternative to going to the Singaporean mass-media.

Secondly, you might ask what this is about.

This is the story of one man’s life, how a single person’s dreams were robbed from him by the school that was supposed to help him achieve his dreams, how one man fell into this pit he is in today, and how one man realised that his emotions and anger over the entire incident will eventually end up killing someone if he keeps it under wraps any longer.

Everything you read here is true and really did happen.

I’m doing this not for sympathy; please take it elsewhere (I suggest Africa); I’m doing this for justice, to let people know this thing has happened right under everyone’s nose and radar, and to ask: how can this happen to me? Am I the only one? Why me?

I will be revealing the whole story over the next few days; I welcome everyone to leave comments, and to ask me questions at any time. However, any malcious comment or question will be deleted or ignored.

Posted 17 hours ago

0 Comments

The whole story behind my wrath, and why I'm in this pit of mine today.

Ask me anything

My blog All of Tumblr

Follow on Tumblr

RSS feed

Random

Archive

Mobile

© 2012 Powered by Tumblr

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Singapore getting more stress, resulting in more angry birds. haha. i really hope he is not aj or something, coz u know how ppl are now these days.. one or 2 black sheeps, the whole community will be brought down. From his behavior and speech, like abit mental.. lol..

:)

This guy got angry with "the rich", and actually took a knife and wanted to murder someone? Shd he be sent to IMH? I wonder what will become of him if he is in HK, London, new York, Tokyo, seoul, Taipei where the stress level is significantly higher. He shows he is not able to control his "anger" , he showed Intention of murder. Shd he not be treated mentally before he unleach his anger and murder in real life?

Edited by gstc82

Guest Passingthru

Can I assume that his good command of English was obtained from his schooling?

If so, then I think the govt, directly or otherwise, hasn't done too bad a job.

If it was simply from being in an English speaking environment with related media at home, then I think the family has provided well.

Was there never a way to take advantage of this particular strength and leverage on it for whatever it's worth or pursue qualifications along those lines?

Can I assume the mental problems were recent?

Based on the coherence and good flow of his writing and thought processes, I find it hard to accept that he's basically 'mental'.

So, if he isn't truly mental, what triggered those incidences( 'kill' chinamen, pushing old lady )? Temporary insanity?

However,if he has a long history of mental illness, what has been done so far and prescribed?

I'm not a believer in drugs so if he was on anti depressants or whatever, I will blame the drugs for turning him into a suppressed 'mental', ie, he's still sick but functions because the symptoms are absent.

Finally, has he ever pondered about his own market value and why he thinks he should be getting a better job & pay? Qualifications alone won't get your career humming on auto mode. Unfortunately, a vast number of people are still stuck on that idea. Self reflection is the key and action taken accordingly.

lol. what he did was terrible. apparently the news today said the case is now being looked into. quite scary, imagine all of the sudden, some crazy guy declared with depression or mental problem come shouting and pushing you around..

:)

Guest Nut case

I remember previously there's also similar nut case where there's this indian guy kept shouting in the bus, demanding another guy to get off the bus? Both cases, the bus captains did nth much to resolve the dispute by asking the guy to leave the bus.

he is obviously losing his cool as a gentlemen. be it aj or straight or bi or whatever orientation. no matter what is it, he shouldnt have pushed the lady down as it poses a certain amount of danger to her. please note, its on the bus steps to hard ground and the lightest strength a man can give to anyone.

now the fact is that the lady fell and how everyone looks at the guy. people will not sympathize the guy first as it is obvious that the lady had became a victim of such 'bullying' act. no matter what sparked off the dispute, nobody can control the speech of the lady but any intention to cause physical harm to anyone is uncalled for. with him raising his hand wanting to slap the lady, i believe the intention to commit a hurt is there. moreover, the light push he gave to the lady has already resulted in criminal force used.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

Guest Alexander

Sounds so much like the many comments we used to hear in the forums from Sporeans who cannot compete properly in life, and blame everything to either the government or the foreigners...

And being so self-righteous about it, this actually is a behaviour of losers...

Guest Guest

This guy is a loser and giving mental patients a bad name.

If you're unwell, take medication and rest. If u need money, get a job even if it's not your dream job. If u want higher qualifications, study for it.

Why make so many excuses and turn violent on a 72yo aunty?

sorry hor but even if u have mental problems or anything, its' wrong to push a old lady out of the bus... BTW not only him who's jobless rite now but there's a lot of other ppl out there that are jobless and does not have the stupid attitude outside... Nowdays most jobs are like that sucked hard, with disgustingly long hours, disgusting environment, disgusting pay, and a disgusting commute and i'm one of them who has that job.... Do i love it, NO! do i hate it YES! but do i drag about it nonstop till i frust it out on other ppl, NO and if he wants to get a better job, then either migrate or go and upgrade your skills so that could get a better jobs and better pay....

Guest sg.dude87

IMHO, being stressed/depressed doesn't give anyone the right to do whatever they like and being a public nuisance. Good thing that guy stopped at that and didn't go crazy and beat up the bus driver/other passengers.

Just a spoilt brat blaming everything under the sun except himself!

He must be thinking, since that TCS actress and get herself off the hook for hitting the taxi driver and wrecking his vechicle by claiming to be depressed, he also can.

His actions are wrong, no doubt. He has so much anger that he's blaming it on everyone. But aside from bashing and saying that he is in the definite wrong, it's more important for him to seek help because this is clearly due to his psychological problems.

It is lucky that he shows remorse (something that is lacking obviously in the case where the woman beat the old lady at the food court, that's even more horrible and disgusting) and he have not resorted to even more violence on the bystanders. But if he do not seek help soon, this will surely happen again.

People are thinking that he was just coming up with plenty of excuses with the illnesses, but i would choose to trust him for that.

I don't know how you guys think about living a life having to cope with mental illnesses. But it's not something that can be cured just by popping pills.

I believe his rejection in society have been worse than most normal people if he have autism. To say "He should not blame everyone like a sore loser and he shud have upgraded himself and get a better job and blalbla" is easier said than done. (I am not saying it's wrong, but it's just way difficult to realize it looking at the autism spectrum and depression he has)

I am thinking he may have gotten rejection from everywhere, from school to home to work.

Who knows, he may have blamed himself the most, so much that he wanted to die. Though, committing suicide takes certain courage as well.

I have seen a guy who got rejected and bullied by everyone because of poor social interaction skills, it got so bad that he carried a swiss knife with him about after getting pinned down and humiliated in school. He wants a good job, he wants more friends, he wants to learn more and upgrade himself, and he could have done it like the rest of us because his intelligence is no different from us. But sadly, there's no chance left for him because he's 'different' from the rest of us as with his poor social interaction skills. It's not something that can be learned in school. And of course, most companies do not tolerance 'differences' that cripple work performance so i shan't be captain obvious and say how 'well' he is doing now.

He is still facing rejection from everywhere today, even his family. It makes me wonder sometimes, if one day he really go bonkers and kills someone. Did he bring it upon himself, or did the society bring it? Because everyone was telling him "why are u so weird? why can't u be normal like us?" and bullying him because he behave differently.

I hope that guy (alex ong is his name i guess?) will seek help to bring his condition under control. Because to survive with mental illnesses takes even more effort than mere drugs. He needs to know he won't be able to change the world, he can only change himself. If he is not able to change himself, then he must learn to live with this world, even if it's full of bullies and rejection.

OMG IM SO NAGGY!

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

Guest david

Actually I can see alot of 'him' in the posts made by the members and guests here.

Ppl here are like him, self centred. Short tempered, ever-ready to pick a fight.

Behaving irresponsibly- he pushed the old lady. You guys make irresponsible posts.

He has now shown remorse (or so it seems), are you guys ready to be more compassionate?

I have changed the title as his orientation was never established.

No doubt. Based on the video and what "she" has done..only gays do that.

That gay is sick.. Should not be out nowhere. Should be kept in the mental institution....

Only obvious gay people makes such scene.. If you're real man you should have respect to women especially the elderly one..

Actually I can see alot of 'him' in the posts made by the members and guests here.

Ppl here are like him, self centred. Short tempered, ever-ready to pick a fight.

Behaving irresponsibly- he pushed the old lady. You guys make irresponsible posts.

He has now shown remorse (or so it seems), are you guys ready to be more compassionate?

be compassionate to him doesnt mean it is justified for him to push the lady down.

be compassionate to him doesnt mean it is fair to not apologize for his rash act.

be compassionate to him doesnt mean the lady deserved to fall from the bus.

be compassionate to him doesnt mean what actions done by mentally ill people can be compromised.

dear david,

the issue is that, it is the basic moral sensing which says that pushing another person is wrong! parents will reprimand their young ones for such acts cos this is not acceptable. you are trying to say that what he does was justified just because he is not of a normal IQ and at that point of time, at a gush of anger. moreover, he did not feel any remorse after the lady fell, and asked loudly on whats the problem with the lady that she was dragging everyone's time!

please be clear of the situation. even if we try to be in that guy's shoes, it would not be reasonable for such actions.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

Can I assume that his good command of English was obtained from his schooling?

If so, then I think the govt, directly or otherwise, hasn't done too bad a job.

If it was simply from being in an English speaking environment with related media at home, then I think the family has provided well.

Was there never a way to take advantage of this particular strength and leverage on it for whatever it's worth or pursue qualifications along those lines?

Can I assume the mental problems were recent?

Based on the coherence and good flow of his writing and thought processes, I find it hard to accept that he's basically 'mental'.

So, if he isn't truly mental, what triggered those incidences( 'kill' chinamen, pushing old lady )? Temporary insanity?

However,if he has a long history of mental illness, what has been done so far and prescribed?

I'm not a believer in drugs so if he was on anti depressants or whatever, I will blame the drugs for turning him into a suppressed 'mental', ie, he's still sick but functions because the symptoms are absent.

Finally, has he ever pondered about his own market value and why he thinks he should be getting a better job & pay? Qualifications alone won't get your career humming on auto mode. Unfortunately, a vast number of people are still stuck on that idea. Self reflection is the key and action taken accordingly.

There was a guy with autism in my school who scored well in GP and Literature.

That gay is sick.. Should not be out nowhere. Should be kept in the mental institution....

Only obvious gay people makes such scene.. If you're real man you should have respect to women especially the elderly one..

Self-bashing?

Instagram: vodkabaker

Uhm?

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

You're pretty much doing some big time stereotyping. It's like saying only aunties complain. Str8 guys are capable of doing such things too. It's weird to see your obvious disgust and prejudices against the 'she' in this community. From what I know, the 'she' in this community are always very caring, especially when it comes to elderly. *Shrugs*

You can complain that roses have thorns, or you can also rejoice that thorns have roses

Guest david

It was already a police case, no charges were made and both parites have moved on.

There's no need to condemn and castigate him.

Give him space to reflect on his mistake and maybe seek professional help.

Yes it's wrong to push an old lady off the bus, it's also just as bad to kick someone when he's down.

I reiterate, ppl here are very quick to jump in and call others names and judge.

Btw, his written english is better than most here.

I don't think think he has low IQ, he only has low EQ like most.....

Guest 50cts

I would like to attempt a different viewpoint. There is always two sides of a coin. I have personally witnessed old people using their age to claim they owned the world and many times elderly did display certain anti-gay syndroms.

I suspect the guy must have been provoked but nobody knows the root of their arguments. Everyone is so focussed on its aftermath, blaming the guy for all the wrongs and spared the elderly lady as being a weak victim. Though pushing her might not be a "gentlemenly" act, it is considered a lighter sentence if that chap is truly suffering from deep depression. It could have been far worse if you know what I meant when provoking people who are mentality and emotionally depressed for various reasons.

What was the reason for the guy to be so angry? Something or someone must have triggered it. Another telling signs, no one in the bus stood up for the lady except for a woman who lightly chided the guy for pushing the old lady. Does that mean the passengers knew who was at fault in the first place?

Guest Passingthru

I'm glad 50cts brought up this point of view.

In a place like S'pore where confucianist ethics are followed but not understood or worse still, mandated in certain instances( Maintenance of Parents Act of 1995 ), increasing numbers of the elderly have become "oo seh", ie, "too big for their breeches". They have learnt to play "the elderly card" very well via emotional blackmail and societal silence/indulgence.

Here's a true example:

- a young mother of 3 who's struggling to make ends meet, literally works her feet off the whole day. She manages to get a much needed seat on the train/bus home. An elderly lady who was recognized as having had a leisurely day either line dancing &/or gaming, walks up to her and somehow demands for the seat. As tired, weary and unwilling as that mother was, she vacated her seat to avoid social embarrassment.

While younger people are being admonished for having too cushy a life and an overly strong sense of entitlement, many of the elderly have slipped under the radar with similar or worse. They managed to effectively do that via reverse ageism. The behavioural problem may even be compounded by personal health debilitations( often self inflicted through stubbornness ) and what results is truly a willful hag.

ONce, at a bus terminal, i heard a young chap telling an old lady politely, "Auntie, u shouldnt cut queue." The old lady shouted very rudely in return, "r u trying to bully an old woman?"......

such is the attitude of some senior citizens who indeed play their cards very well.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Young

ONce, at a bus terminal, i heard a young chap telling an old lady politely, "Auntie, u shouldnt cut queue." The old lady shouted very rudely in return, "r u trying to bully an old woman?"......

such is the attitude of some senior citizens who indeed play their cards very well.

Unfortunately this idiot brought about a situation that's quite the opposite it's now under public view. The next time something even remotely similar happens people are bound to side with the old and hence "weaker" individual.

Guest guest

people only see second part of video. first part video is old lady concentrating in her sms thus too late to press bell for alighting.that cause the sudden brake of bus.

Guest Passingthru

Concentrating on sms and then getting the whole bus to a grinding halt ....this wreaks of self importance and inconsideration - behaviour more typical of those still "wet behind the ears". However, coming from a 72( ? ) year old who is supposedly armed with life's experiences, shows how far removed she has become from the realities of sharing a society. In other words, she see's herself as sovereign - a feudal attitude which should have no place in a democracy.

Of course, I could well be reading too much into this/her actions. But if what I say is true, then this incident serves as a wake up call for self reflection on her part too. She's finally been jolted out of her comfort zone which hitherto may have consisted mainly of defiantly moving roughshod over situations and people, taking advantage of the "age card". Perhaps her ability to simply drop the incident isn't a reflection of a forgiving heart but rather a knowing one - the realisation that it's game over and that if she continues with her usual 'sovereign' ways, she'll experience less & less tolerance.

Guest david

I always say this: what happen to nasty young kids when they grow old? They turn into nasty old ppl.

However, I'm brought up to respect older ppl and I try to practice it.

There is nothing u can do with the elderly, they r already too fixed in their thoughts n behavior.

Many of us, as we age, should really contemplate before we act. Otherwise we become too fixed in certain behavioral patterns which may possibly turn us in nasty old ppl.

Look at this issue from another perspective.

In some neighbouring countries - Vietnam, Thailand, China or even Malaysia, the public give way to elderly, whether it is a seat on a bus, a queue naturally, no fuss, no questions asked. Just last weekend, I saw an elderly chinese couple being escorted from the end of the JB custom queue all the way to the front by the securiyu officer to have their passports stamped. What I want to say is that, in the minds of these people, respect is being given to elderly, and their vulnerablities due to their age are considered. Whatever confucianisme or islamic teachings or not, what's most important is that humanity is being exercised.

Back in Spore, whatever the reasons are given (to be against elderly), Sporeans are indeed calculative, me-first, competitive, etc etc. I will not elaborate here, as I also do understand why the lack of humanity of Sporeans have degenerated to such a state (Blame the government, society and the education system). But Sporeans need to be mindful of how others view us in how we treat people.

In the eyes of many, Sporeans are rude and not respectful of others.

Guest Guest

Look at this issue from another perspective.

In some neighbouring countries - Vietnam, Thailand, China or even Malaysia, the public give way to elderly, whether it is a seat on a bus, a queue naturally, no fuss, no questions asked. Just last weekend, I saw an elderly chinese couple being escorted from the end of the JB custom queue all the way to the front by the securiyu officer to have their passports stamped. What I want to say is that, in the minds of these people, respect is being given to elderly, and their vulnerablities due to their age are considered. Whatever confucianisme or islamic teachings or not, what's most important is that humanity is being exercised.

Back in Spore, whatever the reasons are given (to be against elderly), Sporeans are indeed calculative, me-first, competitive, etc etc. I will not elaborate here, as I also do understand why the lack of humanity of Sporeans have degenerated to such a state (Blame the government, society and the education system). But Sporeans need to be mindful of how others view us in how we treat people.

In the eyes of many, Sporeans are rude and not respectful of others.

Perhaps the elderly in the neighbouring countries knows how to behave themselves in public, therefore getting the respect they deserve? People can't expect to behave like a bitch and warrant respect for their age.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic