Male HQ

Scary Encounter - A Lesson For All

Guest Burnt

Guest Burnt

Some time back, I get to know this guy through Trevvy. We exchanged numbers and started to sms. I was honest with him with my attached status and told him (via sms) that i am game for some safe fun if both clicks. Progressively the chats become more explicit and was common when we sms. Finally we decided to meet and arrangement was made.

Unfortunately i was caught up with work on that day we supposed to meet and i smsed him to apologise and asked to postpone our appointment. Never did i expect that he turned utterly nasty and started to use abusive languages in his smses. He even said i owed him a dinner as i had suggested to meet inside a food restaurant. Just when i thought i was lucky i didn't meet a possible lunatic, the worse came. He threatened to expose my number and post all my smses to him (in our naughty sms correspondences, i was pretty specific in what i could do to him - i think you know what i mean.. ) on the website. He also threatened to report to police where i would get myself into trouble witb the law what i said to him. It was so disturbing for me, i had to put up with his smses and calls, which i did not reply nor answer. I wasn't sure if he really had done funny things afterall. I changed my mobile number eventually just to shake him off. It was so inconvenient for me to inform my friends, my colleagues, business associates, banks, etc of my change of number. Importantly i had to paint a lie to

my bf on why i want to change my number which i like very much and kept for years. I think he suspected something was amiss.

Lesson learnt: don't divulge too much of your personal details to others you have not met or you do not feel comfortable yet. Importantly do not sms indecent things to another as these are black and white traces. If the other party is not someone with a normal mind, you may end up creating troubles for yourself.

Some time back, I get to know this guy through Trevvy. We exchanged numbers and started to sms. I was honest with him with my attached status and told him (via sms) that i am game for some safe fun if both clicks. Progressively the chats become more explicit and was common when we sms. Finally we decided to meet and arrangement was made.

Unfortunately i was caught up with work on that day we supposed to meet and i smsed him to apologise and asked to postpone our appointment. Never did i expect that he turned utterly nasty and started to use abusive languages in his smses. He even said i owed him a dinner as i had suggested to meet inside a food restaurant. Just when i thought i was lucky i didn't meet a possible lunatic, the worse came. He threatened to expose my number and post all my smses to him (in our naughty sms correspondences, i was pretty specific in what i could do to him - i think you know what i mean.. ) on the website. He also threatened to report to police where i would get myself into trouble witb the law what i said to him. It was so disturbing for me, i had to put up with his smses and calls, which i did not reply nor answer. I wasn't sure if he really had done funny things afterall. I changed my mobile number eventually just to shake him off. It was so inconvenient for me to inform my friends, my colleagues, business associates, banks, etc of my change of number. Importantly i had to paint a lie to

my bf on why i want to change my number which i like very much and kept for years. I think he suspected something was amiss.

Lesson learnt: don't divulge too much of your personal details to others you have not met or you do not feel comfortable yet. Importantly do not sms indecent things to another as these are black and white traces. If the other party is not someone with a normal mind, you may end up creating troubles for yourself.

What's this crazy bitch's Trevvy nick and his hp number?

Importantly i had to paint a lie to

Serves you right.

My little trick:

I have 2 mobile phones - the iPhone is for family/work/close friends and another (LG) for casual friends.

I used the phone with a prepaid card for casual friends - those I met for the first time.

If the casual friends turned out to be pleasant and had behaved properly, they may get the

other number. So far, very few (except the guys who attended the OC Mature Men class) had

the iPhone number.

This is my way of protecting myself - why should we be subject to blackmail?

Tell that maniac to go ahead to do anything he wants, you can sue his pants off.

Guest Burnt

I know i may be opened to criticsim by some, but my intention is really to share my frightening experience here to caution others.

I do not think it is appropriate to divulge his nick and number as it is a one-sided story afterall. If i did, i am doing what he threatened to do to me.

Just be careful when u comms with strangers.

Guest Guest

those who have a prepaid number, wouldn't it be very tedious? like attending to 2 phones and deciding which no. to give to which guy...

Guest manlybi

you should expose his nick

those who have a prepaid number, wouldn't it be very tedious? like attending to 2 phones and deciding which no. to give to which guy...

Simple - practice makes perfect.

Anyway in this age and time where a 2nd phone is always needed to differentiate the nature of calls,

it is important to PROTECT oneself from nuisance calls.

I know i may be opened to criticsim by some, but my intention is really to share my frightening experience here to caution others.

I do not think it is appropriate to divulge his nick and number as it is a one-sided story afterall. If i did, i am doing what he threatened to do to me.

Just be careful when u comms with strangers.

I don't think you have anything to fear. Just go on with your life and forget about him.

If it's convenient, let us know who this person is.

Best of wishes.

Some people are predatory by nature. If they sense you cannot or will not hurt them, they will take advantage of you. You should not be afraid of him. Like all bullies, when confronted, he will back down.

Anyways he has no grounds to do stand on and his threats are hollow. If he exposes you, he exposes himself. If he reports you to the police, you will counter with a charge of criminal intimidation. If he bothers you anymore, call his bluff. Be prepared to stand your ground and he will leave you alone.

In worst case scenario, call your sisters here for help and they will go and scratch his eyes out !!!

SP

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

Not really... I dun attend to my prepaid number unless I am expecting some call eg this kind of situation... Other den that I leave it in the drawer turned off... Only have to rmb to top up once every 6 mths...

I guess i have been lucky so far. I do worry about meeting dramatic or worse threatening guys when chatting online. I dont usually give my mobile so fast and prefer to chat online first. But am also usually rather trusting and often give everyone the benefit of the doubt first.

Best is to find that one Mr Right and just stick with him.

my geek gay blog at www.formanz.com

• Guest locked this topic