Male HQ

Any Gleeks?

Allegro

Hey Cap Marv, come on, give 3rd season a chance. There were quite a few stellar eps right? Asian F, The First Time, Mash Off and Hold On To Sixteen were all class A eps in my opinion. And so is this latest ep, so that's 5 stellar eps out of 10 which is very good so far as compared to last season. And season 1 had its fair share of duds too. Acafellas, Ballad, Hairography, Hell-O, Bad Reputation, Laryngitis, Dream On and Funk were below average. And that's like 8 out of 22 episodes which was like a third of the show. Every shows has its highs and lows right? So let's wait and see what else is to come. =)

Hmm i think the popularity of the show have started to wane. I wasnt that excited too at first ... till ... the mash-up episode where the other glee team sang a mash up song of Rumour Has It/Someone Like You. Their performance was great and that tight face slap at the end really cements up the fact that Santana sure is alpha bitch queen!

I agree trumpboyer86, I am a huge fan of their newly revamped interpretations of the oldies too! And correct me if I am wrong but I think Glee started the recent craze of mashup songs. Didn't really see it being done in the past, except in medleys but it's not the same really.

And mfn, yup, Rumor Has It/Someone Like You's mashup is one of the all time top 5 songs in Glee's musical history. And yes, I do agree that Santana's character has come a LONG LONG way since her "extra" days in season 1. Just goes to show if you make full use of opportunities you're given to shine, you can go from zero to shero! I mean, look at Matt Rutherford in season 1, whatever happened to him now? Disappeared since end of season 1, unlike Mike Chang, Brittany S Pierce and Santana Lopez who have all gone from extras to regulars now! And nobody does fabulous bitchy like Naya Rivera does! Love her! :P

Counting down... 3 more days to the MJ tribute episode!!! Here're some previews to keep you guys hanging on till then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPnHRoHKlw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklWlY6icGo&feature=relmfu

Edited by westcoastboy77

Great news for "White Collar" fans cum Gleeks! Matt Bomer has been cast as Blaine's older brother!!!

Matt-Bomer-matt-bomer-13558521-1098-1500.jpg

tumblr_lljabce6WQ1qzb9ulo1_500.jpg

Am a huge fan of Matt, who's although never came out officially to the press as being gay, has never been shy about being photographed with his husband Simon Hall and their 3 kids.

(Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer, Matt's husband Simon Halls & Neil's husband David Burtka)

tumblr_lvrgxyj4UE1qc5osho1_500.jpg

matt-bomer-kids.jpg

Edited by westcoastboy77

Westcoastboy, most of the videos above are non viewable. Appreciate your effort, but the posting of videos in this thread is too overwhelming. haha or it is just me? Perhaps more discussion and less promotional/sneak peak videos? Just my 2cent. lol.

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Anyway, the awkward moment when u realized that the only interesting and exciting part of the episode is not even by any of the glee cast. Out of nowhere these 2 celloist came out and amaze us with their talents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtBXkGrxws&feature=related

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Hey imchaser, huh? Seriously? The videos are not viewable? Any reason why? Can you guys view this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51Z2Ij8ebA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwGFpIbd9U

Edited by westcoastboy77

Hey patisoy, it's airing next Wed February 8, 2012.

And imchaser, I tried posting discussions but the response was kinda lacklustre so I assumed ppl were more interested in viewing stuff so I just shared video links and shared news on the show to keep this thread alive, cos at one point in time it was "dying off".

Edited by westcoastboy77

Hey trumpboyer86 they had to write something into the storyline to have Blaine be absent for two weeks so he could be on Broadway doing his show for 2 weeks. ;)

Ok, as imchaser suggested, shall we discuss the episode?

What was your fav musical sequence in the ep? Mine was "Bad", followed by "Smooth Criminal" and "Never Can Say Goodbye". The faceoff between New Directions and Dalton Warblers is FIERCE! I esp loved all the stomping bits by the Warblers. Damn cool. Of cos, Naya vs Grant with 2Cellos was extremely cool and showed off both "bitches" chops. And hey, I don't know what's with the all the Quinn haters? I think this was one of her personal best performances, her all time best still being "Say A Little Prayer" of cos. But this came in as a close second for her. I love how she is saying goodbye to all the 3 guys in her past (Puck, Finn and Sam) and I LOVED the locker scene which detailed her life in the past 3 seasons. Very nice! Quinn has come a long way since the pilot episode.

What are your views of Sebastian as the latest villain on Glee? It seems Sue has taken a temporary backseat as the resident villian with her recent niceness towards Emma, Becky and even the homeless in the last 2 episodes, so Sebastian is taking over the reins from her for now? Some Gleeks have commented on how Sebastian is racist, soulless and stupid. Those comments about Santana's family being in jail and bringing them a pinata... that's racist. Hurting Blaine and showing no remorse whatsoever proves that he's soulless and saying to Santana that she can't do anything to him because his father's a state's attorney BUT admitting that he wanted to assault Kurt who is the son of a congressman... His father couldn't protect him from that so it's really stupid. The Warblers/Dalton had a no-bullying policy... and they seemed to be very proud of their values last year, so I can't understand why they'd agree to stealing a setlist or throwing slushies now that Sebastian is there... it's very much out of character for this group of character to act this way. What do you guys think?

Also from the grapevines, someone commented about how Sebastian assaulted someone and caused injury! That alone is reason enough to go to the police and press charges, Blaine and his parents should have done that... even if the slushie hasn't been tempered with, it's still assault causing injury! I don't get why ND or Kurt were the ones making the decisions, does Blaine not have parents? And that Blaine just proved himself to be a contender for the BEST BOYFRIEND category... I mean jumping in front a slushie to protect Kurt? How sweet! Agree?

And imchaser, I tried posting discussions but the response was kinda lacklustre so I assumed ppl were more interested in viewing stuff so I just shared video links and shared news on the show to keep this thread alive, cos at one point in time it was "dying off".

Well, imchaser, it seems my efforts to discuss the show is unfruitful so I'll stick to posting more videos of previews and behind the scene footages and music clips from now on. :P

No offense yeah, read the below with open mind. lol.

That is exactly why this thread u r the only one posting. haha. Not alots of people interested to view videos in a forum. Esp if they secretly online in the office, or using smartphone where connections is limited. I meant all the promos, the making, interviews being force to us etc i personally feel its overwhelming and irrelevant. I felt like this is a tv with commercials. One can go to youtube and watch those if they want... Me personally feel this "dying off" thing was when too many videos being posted.

I might be wrong in this, but l also think yours reviews are too long and too know-it-all. Seldom people would wanna reply to comments that long with so many points and opinions. Perhaps make it short and simple and see if things get better? Definitely need to revive this thread.

Understand u r the number 1 fan of glee, every point u made make perfect sense and etc and u r true hardcore, perhaps here people r more into general discussion on glee? I mean most watch this show through Channel 5 and dont even know the real actors name.

Anyway i dunno why this threads is in the members section at all in the first place where only members can post. Most threads here dont get alots of attention anyways, and view counts r low as hell. Maybe u wanna start posting in the main room?

Edited by imchaser

Ok, points duly noted. Maybe you guys can take the reins once in a while to try and help me out on reviving this thread a little from time to time?

Sorry about my previous posts. Cos I am on an American Gleek thread and they are WAY more detailed than I am in their evaluations of the episodes, the shows, the performances, and they posts like spoilers, news, videos, interviews, song clips, etc. And other threads for other shows, as well as events e.g. Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, Tonys, etc are equally as enthusiastic. It's called "Just A Dream" which used to be "Dreamcaps"

http://justadream.org/forums/index.php?/topic/13-glee-spoiler-thread/page__st__1460

I thought that it would be nice if we could be enthusiastic as they are, which was why I posted those stuff. Cos it seems a lot of Singaporeans are pretty "tame" when it comes to TV show fangroups. You can tell I am a diehard Gleek and I'm the kinda guy who takes Annual Leave just to stay at home to watch Golden Globes and Oscars `live' in the mornings every year - it's like my personal "World Cup" fever!

But point noted, will try to tone down from now on. :thumb: