Male HQ

The Four Tans - Presidential Hopeful

Guest Erotictales

Guest gstc82

Sharon au was a str.a.student in hwa chong. So what if she know tt's daughter, like its a crime to know tt's daughter? Rubbish allegation. If sharon is a dumb as she will not be among the top students in her uni n those placed she did attchments in japan n,france will not accept her. Tt is not that Influential to make those uni accept her.

Having paper qualifications does not mean you are wise.

And we do not know if Sharon Au harbours any political ambitions herself. She might have other considerations to take into account for endorsing TT.

I wouldn't put it past TT for pulling strings for Ms Au. He has certainly pulled strings and tried to cover the sky with his paws by making life for his son cushy in NS. It is very difficult to explain the 12-year deferment Patrick Tan enjoyed. Even harder to explain is the creation of a post no one has ever heard of prior to Patrick Tan's stint in the NS. And where exactly is Patrick Tan serving his reservists now? He is combat fit, yet never finished his OCS course. Then he became a chief clerk? As the saying goes, if it looks like shit, smells like shit, it probably is shit. No need to over think it. The simplest answer is, during his capacity as the Minister for Defense, TT abused his power for his son's sake. That is immoral, deplorable and incorrigible. How do you expect someone like that to safeguard the reserves for the People? You do not have the cat guard the bowl of fish.

Dear Mr Tony Tan,

Because of the Presidential Elections 2011, your credibility has been shaken by the campaign.

PT+3.jpg

The whole country now knows your son Partick was given a 12 year disruption from National Service....

tonytanMRT1.jpg

Your poor judgement as a Minister in days gone by is now public knowledge.

This is a prestigious President Election. TKL promised to conduct the campaign in a dignified, fair and nice manner. He grew desperate and started to be vitriolic on the eve of the Cooling Period so that the others have no chance to rebut him. He is very cleverly cunning...This type of person cannot be our President...sorrie...He is OUT!!!

20110603.172838_tankinlian-300x195.jpg

"What? What did I do??"

Guest Feel 100%

20110603.172838_tankinlian-300x195.jpg

"What? What did I do??"

Tan Kin Lian should know by now that he has zero chance of winning the election. He is also odds-on to lose his deposit. I would be surprised if he manages to get more than 8% of the vote. Knowing that he is going to receive a humiliating drubbing, he is now desperate and playing for sympathy votes by attacking Tan Jee Say. It is just an excuse. Anyone is allowed to join the Presidential Election. His excuses sound similar to Desmond Lim's excuse after getting trounced in the GE. He claimed that WP "parachuted" their candidate into "his" constituency even though he declared his intention first. I didn't know that election candidacy was decided on a first-come-first-served basis. Can I now say that I want to contest East Coast, Joo Chiat, Moulmein-Kallang and Ang Mo Kio in GE2016, so all parties BETTER not think of contesting there? :rolleyes:

Instead of fighting to keep his deposit, he could have just withdrawn. What is the point of taking part in a competition when you have no chance of winning? "Many people" told him to withdraw before Nomination Day, but he refused to listen due to his stubbornness.

Does he understand election strategy at all? Now, let's say that TKL manages to get 8% of the votes, and the winning margin for Tony Tan over the runner-up is 7%. Tan Kin Lian will be hated by the whole country as he would be held responsible for 6 years of a Tony Tan Presidency. Did Tan Kin Lian not bear this in mind? Why does he want to run the risk of leaving behind a shameful legacy?

Guest gstc82

I think tjs's supporters not only attack tt, tkl they also wanna attack. Goed to show how dirty politics is. I got a feeling these ppl are not members of bw, its an organised attack on opponents of tjs on the net by his supporters.

A friend of mine told me that when he was in his army days he went to TCB's clinic and told him that he do not have money for consultation. TCB let him owe the bill for years without calling him to pay back... Ask yourself where can u have "free consultation" nowaday? Not even the polyclinic..

This is definitely one good man. All his patients know what a kind doctor he is. He's got the brains with a good heart to go with it. His wife is also most eligible to be our first lady.

This is definitely one good man. All his patients know what a kind doctor he is. He's got the brains with a good heart to go with it. His wife is also most eligible to be our first lady.

Tan cheng Bock: "Being gay is a choice!" :)

Vote Tan cheng Bock please!

Having paper qualifications does not mean you are wise. And we do not know if Sharon Au harbours any political ambitions herself. She might have other considerations to take into account for endorsing TT. I wouldn't put it past TT for pulling strings for Ms Au. He has certainly pulled strings and tried to cover the sky with his paws by making life for his son cushy in NS. It is very difficult to explain the 12-year deferment Patrick Tan enjoyed. Even harder to explain is the creation of a post no one has ever heard of prior to Patrick Tan's stint in the NS. And where exactly is Patrick Tan serving his reservists now? He is combat fit, yet never finished his OCS course. Then he became a chief clerk? As the saying goes, if it looks like shit, smells like shit, it probably is shit. No need to over think it. The simplest answer is, during his capacity as the Minister for Defense, TT abused his power for his son's sake. That is immoral, deplorable and incorrigible. How do you expect someone like that to safeguard the reserves for the People? You do not have the cat guard the bowl of fish.

Totally agree with Superflawless here. Especially since the cat has all the lose for having a President who might dig up potential dirt about him. Apart from that, the guest post who posted the very detailed article, has alluded to his identity. If you read it carefully you should know who he is.

Advertisement or not, the poster's arguments is well-written and lends credibility to his personal analysis of the situation based on his perspective. There is no right or wrong on who you want to vote for, and what is the rationale. At this time, I think we should just vote with our heart and not with logic alone. The rational mind is sometimes too bogged down to see beyond the misty veil of uncertainty brought about by insufficient information.

@Gctc82 assuming that's really you since you didn't even log in. It's an opinion by the guest posters, they are entitled to post since it's allowed in this forum for guests to post, and we should know enough by now to take such posts with a pinch of salt. Why should you say that it's TJS supporters attacking TT and TKL ? Do you have concrete proof for that ? If not are you not as guilty as what you are saying they are doing ? Just let sleeping dogs lie, and vote based on your own beliefs.

Guest Beauty Ho

@Gctc82 assuming that's really you since you didn't even log in. It's an opinion by the guest posters, they are entitled to post since it's allowed in this forum for guests to post, and we should know enough by now to take such posts with a pinch of salt. Why should you say that it's TJS supporters attacking TT and TKL ? Do you have concrete proof for that ? If not are you not as guilty as what you are saying they are doing ? Just let sleeping dogs lie, and vote based on your own beliefs.

For all you know it could well be the other way round - TT's supporters engaging in a smear campaign of TJS's supporters. LOL.

Guest Beauty Ho

For all you know it could well be the other way round - TT's supporters engaging in a smear campaign of TJS's supporters. LOL.

Dr Tan Cheng Bock. Our people's physician. Close to the people's hearts and pride of our nation. A well respected and kindly doctor who rose from humble beginnings. He's an inspiration to one and all. Truly a unifying force for all Singaporeans. We want you to be our President.

Wah seh. Like not much ppl mentioning much abt TT yet he won. Are the 7k plus ppl elderly? I know quite a few elderlies voted for TT coz they see TT appeared more in TT and feel safe voting for him. Not Surprise about the result though, but its so close! lol

:)

wat a waste , if tan kim lian knew he sure to be out he should use his vote and help out tan cheng bock. that sure to make a different .now we have to suffer for another 6 yr with this puppet president.

299606_10150289638608753_720498752_8079752_8110053_n.jpg

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

600,000+ votes wasted on two idiotic blokes (100,000+ on TanKL, 500,000+ on Tan JS) they r those obviously won't win! If these votes given to Dr Tan Cheng Bock... things might b different...

Guest What to do
600,000+ votes wasted on two idiotic blokes (100,000+ on TanKL, 500,000+ on Tan JS) they r those obviously won't win! If these votes given to Dr Tan Cheng Bock... things might b different...

Tan Jee Say has nearly 600K voters not 500K. Besides, who can tell whether TJS or TCB will get the majority vote? If TJS was neck to neck with TT, people would have blamed TCB right?

Never mind lah, I believed partly also many gay people like to keep 377A by voting for TT. Blame the gay group for being splitting their vote too.

I'm sure TCB would have won with a landslide victory if there's a second round with the top two contenders only. TT has to work very hard to prove the 65% who didn't vote for him wrong.

TT will have a hard time with at least 65% of people monitoring his performance from now on ... for 4 million dollar salary a year, Singaporeans will be expecting him to work very hard to improve the lives of everyone ... not just ribbon-cutting or attending charity shows but really make a positive impact on our lives. I hope he will not let us down.

Guest 偷你蛋

Hi Tony,

Only a paltry 35% of Singaporeans voted you as their choice.

That means 65% - or 2 out of 3 Singaporeans - don't want you as their President.

So how do you propose to heal the rift caused by PAP's policies, or be the unifying figure for all Singaporeans leh?

Guest 偷你蛋

Tan Kin Lian should know by now that he has zero chance of winning the election. He is also odds-on to lose his deposit. I would be surprised if he manages to get more than 8% of the vote. Knowing that he is going to receive a humiliating drubbing, he is now desperate and playing for sympathy votes by attacking Tan Jee Say. It is just an excuse. Anyone is allowed to join the Presidential Election. His excuses sound similar to Desmond Lim's excuse after getting trounced in the GE. He claimed that WP "parachuted" their candidate into "his" constituency even though he declared his intention first. I didn't know that election candidacy was decided on a first-come-first-served basis. Can I now say that I want to contest East Coast, Joo Chiat, Moulmein-Kallang and Ang Mo Kio in GE2016, so all parties BETTER not think of contesting there? :rolleyes:

Instead of fighting to keep his deposit, he could have just withdrawn. What is the point of taking part in a competition when you have no chance of winning? "Many people" told him to withdraw before Nomination Day, but he refused to listen due to his stubbornness.

Does he understand election strategy at all? Now, let's say that TKL manages to get 8% of the votes, and the winning margin for Tony Tan over the runner-up is 7%. Tan Kin Lian will be hated by the whole country as he would be held responsible for 6 years of a Tony Tan Presidency. Did Tan Kin Lian not bear this in mind? Why does he want to run the risk of leaving behind a shameful legacy?

Wah, looking at the eventual results, this post is really prescient....

Which ever president hopeful was to have won... how much can they really help to ensure fair play and be the voice of the people? The day I voted last weekend, I already know nothing will change. How I know? 3 Words. ONG TENG CHEONG.

Anyone old enough to know what he tried to do once he was no longer with the PAP camp and then become President of Singapore? He try to look into details of CPF with Doc Hu. Talk about a total shut out when he tried.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• Guest locked this topic