Male HQ

Post Your Random Thoughts

Atrapada

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35319084_10156490744467628_6280176247649

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

35552079_1915496358537705_62357722042738

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

How did I live in a kingdom of thieves? And people who say things they don't really mean really mean.

I want you for a lifetime so if you're gonna think twice I don't wanna know I don't wanna know...

Everything is just fine but if you're gonna have to think twice I don't wanna know I don't wanna know...

Meeting my ex was liberating, seeing what a jerk he is, I've decided to stand up for myself and admit to something I've felt for some time about someone.

I don't know anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

20139866_1586252424795435_72678801998244

― J'son M. Lee 

37221202_1095974120550544_90528795476487

― J'son M. Lee 

18700130_1363526173726884_73497856050818

― J'son M. Lee 

37421187_796706570527354_441766494675455

― J'son M. Lee 

37487986_1025867200906914_16912060148980

― J'son M. Lee 

LOL! SIAO

39322144_2318531924828449_88698214315385

― J'son M. Lee 

On 8/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, iamziz said:

37487986_1025867200906914_16912060148980

We should be blessed by never having to think that way.

After the death of my bf I am coping well, but my mind is in its darkest moment.

I now realize the curse that all we living creatures share.  To have consciousness, we need the correct work of our physical bodies, which are extremely fragile and short lived.  It is fair to think that we only exist while our bodies function.  A large fraction of our existence is dedicated to preserve the body that allows us to exist.  This is even more dramatic in animals, who spend the majority of their time chasing food and avoiding being killed.   What kind of "creation" is this?  

I think that we exist because some impersonal, emotionless natural mechanism allows for reproductive life that can evolve from the most primitive into the kingdom of animals and plants.  This explains the variety, the imperfection and the worthlessness of every individual life.   Our spirits come from nothing,  experience life for a while, and then go back to nothing.  This resolves the dilemma of injustice, because justice is nothing concrete. 

Since I got into this somber mood, I feel sorry for all life, for the countless people who die each day, for insects I find dead around the house, for the plants that wilt.   I am helpless to do anything about it.   i can only hope that with time my feelings will change and I can recover the innocence of carelessly living with an illusion of endless time.  I am also working to force some moments of happiness in between my sorrow.  I remain optimistic.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

After the death of my bf I am coping well, but my mind is in its darkest moment.

I am sorry for your loss, Steve.

― J'son M. Lee 

40326628_1887874987959430_30609900089418

― J'son M. Lee 

• 2 weeks later...

41570895_1376782589119034_22367559004570

― J'son M. Lee 

It always bothers me that many people with intellectual capability often act against this propriety of potential. 

It also bodes poorly that many people care little about others but more about themselves and their selfish needs. 

Somewhere down the line, I fear intellect and empathy will be traits of the past. 

16 minutes ago, nicjude said:

It always bothers me that many people with intellectual capability often act against this propriety of potential. 

It also bodes poorly that many people care little about others but more about themselves and their selfish needs. 

Somewhere down the line, I fear intellect and empathy will be traits of the past. 

What one can expect of people with education, intellectual capacity is that they are sufficiently civil.  But emotions don't develop together with intellect.

Empathy and caring for others come from experience.  Those whose life has always been easy may not have been exposed to personal suffering and therefore don't miss the empathy they lack.  It does not mean that they are evil.

As long as we people are around there will be empathy, care.  Because one primary reason of suffering, which is the death of a loved one, will never end.

Edited by Steve5380

42 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

What one can expect of people with education, intellectual capacity is that they are sufficiently civil.  But emotions don't develop together with intellect.

Empathy and caring for others come from experience.  Those whose life has always been easy may not have been exposed to personal suffering and therefore don't miss the empathy they lack.  It does not mean that they are evil.

As long as we people are around there will be empathy, care.  Because one primary reason of suffering, which is the death of a loved one, will never end.

That doesn't make a lick of sense, unfortunately. 

Death is not the reason for suffering; self-centred, self-serving egotistical goals are.

People don't learn empathy, but are genetically coded to exhibit empathy. People, however, unlearn empathy and favour apathy a lot more. 

Intellect allows one to be civil, but only when and if an idea is not disruptive or intrusive to progress or welfare. 

35 minutes ago, nicjude said:

That doesn't make a lick of sense, unfortunately. 

Death is not the reason for suffering; self-centred, self-serving egotistical goals are.

People don't learn empathy, but are genetically coded to exhibit empathy. People, however, unlearn empathy and favour apathy a lot more. 

Intellect allows one to be civil, but only when and if an idea is not disruptive or intrusive to progress or welfare. 

You have the right to think what you wrote.

There is no stronger (non physical) suffering than what parents suffer for the loss of a child. 

It seems that we are born with some empathy  (some tests they did with little toddlers can indicate this) but there is no doubt that we gain empathy with experience.

To be civil is an attitude, independent of what the circumstances are.

41822531_1379150905548869_37137616227417

― J'son M. Lee 

38085318_1863453690401764_49260707353670

― J'son M. Lee 

14590299_1094926950556724_59077126420479

― J'son M. Lee 

[vent] I’m sick of “the chase”.

In school, we pursue good results or opportunities to ensure we have a “future”, defined as a good job with excellent prospects.

And that’s kinda supposed to make us seem “eligible” for love?

We sometimes forget that the corporate ladder is also a chase, a pursuit. What about love then, can we really run two races at the same time?

Especially when you have people with expectations as “I am seeking chubs/chasers/monkeys/slimfit/geeks/gaymers/doms/switches...” Yikes!

Wow. So now I have to fit what you want while my needs and wants aren’t met much at all. How many times we let our eyes and dicks dictate how we feel and what to settle for instead?

Ain’t life a long enough race that we need to upkeep ourselves for? Why are we throwing ourselves into the race to fit into a box someone we like has drawn for themselves? Do some of us no longer have respect for ourselves?

I had someone plonking themselves down on me while still inside me after climaxing and I’m thinking, when is it my turn to climax?

Obviously I’m sorry I didn’t contact him anymore, and this could be why I feel this way.

Seriously, how long more do we need to wait till we see a finishing line? Also, which finishing line are we running towards? Or rather, which finishing line do we want to head into first?

Even RPG characters can finish one achievement at a time. Why do we think we are any better?

[/vent]

Edited by thedoctor

I don't know anymore.

On 11/29/2012 at 4:06 AM, kunshinji said:

(Quoted from The Love of Siam, as a reminder "to all the loves that bring us to life")

Tong:

You are alone. Aren't you lonely?

Mew:

(Pause and sighs) Frighteningly lonely.

Tong:

What do you mean "frighteningly lonely"?

Mew:

It's like when we were younger, we were so lonely because we didn't have a lot of friends. And now that we are grown up, loneliness seems, just so much worse.

Tong:

Why is it so bad for you?

Mew:

I don't know how to explain it... It started during the summer when I was in 8th Grade. Papa took grandma somewhere for several days, and the day she came back (she died soon after.) It's not easy at all, because the longer my grandma is gone, the more I miss her.

So I have one question; if we can love someone so much, how will we be able to handle it (that) one day when we are separated?

And if being separated is a part of life, and you know about separation well; is it possible, Tong, that we can love someone and never be afraid of losing them?

At the same time, I was also wondering. Is it possible that, we can live our entire lives without loving anyone at all?

That's my loneliness.

I have lived with it now for 5 years, I know just how bad loneliness feels. I fear it will continue to get worse.

Tong:

Mew.

tumblr_mcyh6cMHft1rvuaq3o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mda8rbrHTc1rbax7lo1_500.png

*dies a little inside*

I don't know anymore.

42628025_10217753739019266_8675336138325

― J'son M. Lee 

9 hours ago, iamziz said:

42628025_10217753739019266_8675336138325

Omgosh this speaks to me! And I'm a victim of this tbh.

This is a great reminder to be grateful of the things we have <3

On 3/26/2018 at 1:21 AM, 72%dark said:

To G***,

I hope you’re doing well now, making your way in life and ever closer to finding fulfillment and happiness. The only thing I regret from the short time we shared was that I didn’t steal a kiss from you when I had the chance (:lol:). You have the best frown ever. Take care!

Yeah... you should've. Remember the conversation we had before we were about to head home? The one where I was sitting on a traffic barrier and could finally match your eye level. I was waiting for it then... it was my 26th birthday after all.

But here's one last frown for you (:angry2:), for keeping me waiting. You take care too.