Male HQ

Meow, The Cat Lovers Thread

MeowPrince

MeowPrince, I got a question. My neighbor who loves cats have some kept at home ones. There's one who's particularly fond of people (I think), because it will snuggle up to familiar faces to her. However, her butt will raise up and literally put it in your face and then some smell comes out... What does it really mean for cats to do that? Would you know?

MeowPrince, I got a question. My neighbor who loves cats have some kept at home ones. There's one who's particularly fond of people (I think), because it will snuggle up to familiar faces to her. However, her butt will raise up and literally put it in your face and then some smell comes out... What does it really mean for cats to do that? Would you know?

Cat'll only do that if he/she is pleased and usually, they do enjoy the feeling of static on their fur when we run our hands down their backs (back of head to tip of tail). Once a while a female may secret some pheromones when her butt raises. Though more often, some will fart.... a bit rude though. LOL.

Be careful, don't smell too much, you'd get disoriented....and then....

360901.jpg

j/k

Instagram @the_meowprince

LOLX. I really don't know what comes out of the back. Sometimes when I see it sitting at the window sill, it will start to meow non-stop while looking at me and looks like want to jump down. By that time, I will just make myself disappear before it actually jumps down... I think they can survive, but I rather not have it jump.

LOLX. I really don't know what comes out of the back. Sometimes when I see it sitting at the window sill, it will start to meow non-stop while looking at me and looks like want to jump down. By that time, I will just make myself disappear before it actually jumps down... I think they can survive, but I rather not have it jump.

Most cats like to observe the world around them from high places. Doesn't mean they'll jump. While they can brace themselves well when jumping off a high spot, they'd just as well can get pretty badly hurt if it is more than 2 storeys high.

That cat was probably trying to tell you this

360801.jpg

Or

360983.jpg

Hehehe... there may be. The other one walked into a wall or something?

360973.jpg

Housecats tend to get bored, so they'd often watch the world outside their windows. For that reason I'd always tell those who stay in high-rise flats and want to adopt a cat to do up their windows first. It won't do for homey-kitty to turn into a bloody pussy smeared on the sidewalk (or worse)!

Ahhh... toms (male cats) tend to have a wanderlust. Tabbies (females) are more homely. Then again, a loving family is all that's needed to keep meow grounded. If the cat has several humans a day to rub and stroke him/her, whenever needed, why leave the comfort and love of home?

I know a number of the strays in my neighbourhood would stay in that one spot everyday, just so to get a rub or a cuddle from their regulars going to/from the market. Used to have one who'd wait for me every night when I returned home after classes too. All he wanted was a 1-minute rub-and-purr!

As for your window cat, here are a few more from the vicinity, within a 500m radius, taken on the same day.

360803.jpg

Maybe you'd recognise a couple of them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, those home cats never even want to get out of the house. How do they manage to be in the house all the time? The neighbour one have one male one that always go out twice a day.

castrate them before they're 9 mths old. the males will be more docile & female-like...i know cos i'm having a second tom...even the urine is not too pungent smelling. this one is content with just roaming the corridor when i go out to throw trash. rest of time is either sleeping, roaming the house, or playing with a paper ball/toys.

Actually for sterilised cats, a lot of factors weigh in, though generally, they do tend to become less aggressive. There are exceptions to the rule, as there are still community cats (sterilised) and home cats that mark territory, and they are almost all toms (males).

As for smell of pee and poop, watch your cat's diet. Avoid feeding them beef and lamb and you get a cleaner-smelling cat. Do you know that cats are natural-born carnivores? That is why vet dieticians will advise the avoidance of "peas, carrots, veggies" from those expensive "all-rounder" pet food labels. A very tiny amount is tolerable, but cats generally cannot digest veggie and fibre, and such foods do cause them discomfort.

Okay, enough of that from me, time for more Meow Pics!

meow55.jpg

meow56.jpg

mmmmeow.jpg

So far. two psychics who can see auras, ever told me, they claimed my black cat's spirit, LadyDar....is still following me around, like a faithful friend and companion, even she has died two years ago, after she was killed by a group of school students, when she was playing downstairs one day

No wonder even she is gone, I can often sense her around me and think about her/

Really miss those good times when she was alive........

meow57.jpg

meow58.jpg

meow59.jpg

meow60.jpg

meowIReyes.jpg

InfraRed photography is most pronounced on cats' eyes, giving them colors and depth normal photos may not show up as well... :)

So far. two psychics who can see auras, ever told me, they claimed my black cat's spirit, LadyDar....is still following me around, like a faithful friend and companion, even she has died two years ago, after she was killed by a group of school students, when she was playing downstairs one day

No wonder even she is gone, I can often sense her around me and think about her/

Those we love will always be near us. ;)

What? What did they do to her? How could they be so cruel?! Those mofos should get dunked into a sewer 10 times and their bones broken.

What? What did they do to her? How could they be so cruel?! Those mofos should get dunked into a sewer 10 times and their bones broken.

She was found strangled with a wire, and apparently beaten to death, under desserted tree, three days she was found missing. :(

But strangely, she appeared in my dream after that, to thank me all for the 5yrs of friendship, and I started to believe animals do have soul.

One my close friend's cat died after 13 years of old age and sickness. She had him as a kitten, and witnessed him coming out from his mother's womb.

Cats are aloof and strange when they know when their time is up. They will disappear to die somewhere, without a trace.

But she found him a few days in a nearby field under a tree. A week later, she told me, she saw his " soul" walking into their house, while the door was open. She too, bursted out crying, and could not eat her dinner after witnessing that.

According to her, he looked so healthy and handsome when he was still alive and well.

My cat LadyDar, is a very very strange cat. She behaved towards me, more like a dog than a cat, that sometimes, I suspect she was a human in her pastlive.

My folks wouldn't let me keep her , even I found her almost swept away into a canal when she was still a few days old kitten, so she had to be let go some blocks away. But was about I think I meet her like two yeras later, she actually remembered me and followed me home.

When i get out of the lift to go to work, you wouldn't fail to see her waiting for me, downstairs and walk me to the bus stop or if I halt for a cab.

If I am back, she would suddenly turn ot unexpected, and follow me to my lift

And I tell you, a few times, she don't know how she found me, because a few times, I found her meowing outside my door.

I really don't know if she climbed up 17 floors, or did she.....took the lift. This is very very strange.

Presently there's another cat nearby the NTUC, and she is about 3 years old. I found her following me like a dog, one month after LadyDar died.

About 30 ms before entering NTUC, she will follow me, and wait for me outside while I go my shopping, wait for me to come out then she will follow me to my block !!! But she can't because she dare not cross the road..

Another weird cat, that a few times, she actually brave to cross the road, but I had to shoo her back because there is another two more cats downstairs.

The NTUC stuff laughed at me , saying your cat vey weird. So if you ever see a cat waiting outside NTUC for someone, thats me inside !

Sometimes if I take longer than usual, she actually dare to enter and searh for me. But she was always chased out by the staff there

Another one , in my block, is my neighbour's cat. She first caught me attention when she meow very loudly at me from the balcony at the first floor unit.

Then she will come down to play with me.

If she perch at the window grill, see me and see the door open, she will meow out very happily then come down to play.

If the door is locked, the meow tone sounds very sad suddenly.

This has been going on for 4 years.

I am having affair, with my neighbour's cat !!!

She was found strangled with a wire, and apparently beaten to death, under desserted tree, three days she was found missing. :(

But strangely, she appeared in my dream after that, to thank me all for the 5yrs of friendship, and I started to believe animals do have soul.

One my close friend's cat died after 13 years of old age and sickness. She had him as a kitten, and witnessed him coming out from his mother's womb.

Cats are aloof and strange when they know when their time is up. They will disappear to die somewhere, without a trace.

But she found him a few days in a nearby field under a tree. A week later, she told me, she saw his " soul" walking into their house, while the door was open. She too, bursted out crying, and could not eat her dinner after witnessing that.

According to her, he looked so healthy and handsome when he was still alive and well.

My cat LadyDar, is a very very strange cat. She behaved towards me, more like a dog than a cat, that sometimes, I suspect she was a human in her pastlive.

My folks wouldn't let me keep her , even I found her almost swept away into a canal when she was still a few days old kitten, so she had to be let go some blocks away. But was about I think I meet her like two yeras later, she actually remembered me and followed me home.

When i get out of the lift to go to work, you wouldn't fail to see her waiting for me, downstairs and walk me to the bus stop or if I halt for a cab.

If I am back, she would suddenly turn ot unexpected, and follow me to my lift

And I tell you, a few times, she don't know how she found me, because a few times, I found her meowing outside my door.

I really don't know if she climbed up 17 floors, or did she.....took the lift. This is very very strange.

Presently there's another cat nearby the NTUC, and she is about 3 years old. I found her following me like a dog, one month after LadyDar died.

About 30 ms before entering NTUC, she will follow me, and wait for me outside while I go my shopping, wait for me to come out then she will follow me to my block !!! But she can't because she dare not cross the road..

Another weird cat, that a few times, she actually brave to cross the road, but I had to shoo her back because there is another two more cats downstairs.

The NTUC stuff laughed at me , saying your cat vey weird. So if you ever see a cat waiting outside NTUC for someone, thats me inside !

Sometimes if I take longer than usual, she actually dare to enter and searh for me. But she was always chased out by the staff there

Another one , in my block, is my neighbour's cat. She first caught me attention when she meow very loudly at me from the balcony at the first floor unit.

Then she will come down to play with me.

If she perch at the window grill, see me and see the door open, she will meow out very happily then come down to play.

If the door is locked, the meow tone sounds very sad suddenly.

This has been going on for 4 years.

I am having affair, with my neighbour's cat !!!

The abuse part is terrible to hear. Hope the perpetrators met some form of justice.

Most of the time, close bonds between animals and humans lead to very touching experiences. A caregiver I met several years ago lost a favoured neighbourhood cat to a hit-and-run car (in the wee hours). She was pretty distraught. After a few of us helped her bury the remains, she'd visit the spot for 7 successive nights, bringing a tape player to play Buddhist hymns, claiming she wanted to soothe the soul of the poor cat. On day 7, she just walked into a 7-11 outlet and bought 4D, and she struck 2nd prize on it. And she spent all that money sponsoring the medical bills of more strays, saying that the spirit of her dead cat asked her to do so.

Another somewhat amusing anecdote that I witnessed myself was a black-and-white, who'd lived below a block of Elderly Flats. The old uncles and aunties would usually ignore him, though a couple of them'd regularly feed him. One day, this old (70+) uncle bought a durian, and sat at the void deck. He called the cat and the cat walked over to him. Then he offered the cat a piece of durian, saying that he wanted to share his expensive fruit with him. Both a lady volunteer and I were rather amused to see the cat patting his paw against the uncle's arm as he ate that piece of durian... then the uncle nodded and said loudly, "I will buy that number!"

And yes, he struck top prize 4D. And he went to buy a whole darn durian for the cat. And yes, cat ate durian. Much to the collective amusement of the other residents.

Two weeks after the incident, another uncle (animal-hater) saw the same cat sitting by the letterboxes at the void deck. He walked up to the cat and kicked the cat. Of course, this resulted in the other residents screaming blue murder at him. When I visited with the regular feeder that night, the poor cat was limping on his right hind leg. The same night, a motor accident occured right in front of that block of flats. A car ran up the kerb and broke the right leg of that old uncle who kicked said cat.

Both are real anecdotes, and were witnessed by a number of people. :)