Male HQ

Trevvy officially offline + Who Still Remember Sgboy? (Compiled)

Guest Trevvy boy

I know it was still about when I check my rarely used special purpose email accounts and spot their reminder emails on the site heheh..

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest curious

one of the fondest memory i had was posting a missed connection for this hot guy at work.

he created an account just to reply to my post after he heard of it from another gay colleague. he's straight, but it was a very sweet thing of him to do. :)

He created that account to reply you that he is straight?

It's still around lah. Just download Mirc + crack (YouTube if dun understand). then when u r in IRC, connect urself to galaxynet random server and /j #sgboy

Hope this helps.

Is galaxynet stil kicking? Thought it's supposed to be dead and buried ?!

To digress. It's what I'd call undead. Network Services are down and connecting to it can take ages. Other than that, yes, it's still online.

And if anyone wanted to know, the IRC room aka. #sgboy on Galaxynet is in no way affiliated with Trevvy (the site) itself. So they're most probably not going to entertain you with regards to any chatroom issues you're facing, unless you're talking about Trevvy's own on-site chat interface.

This also isn't a help thread, so please get back to topic.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since I last logged in my account. It says registered since 2006. I was still a minor then, oops.

To digress. It's what I'd call undead. Network Services are down and connecting to it can take ages. Other than that, yes, it's still online.

And if anyone wanted to know, the IRC room aka. #sgboy on Galaxynet is in no way affiliated with Trevvy (the site) itself. So they're most probably not going to entertain you with regards to any chatroom issues you're facing, unless you're talking about Trevvy's own on-site chat interface.

This also isn't a help thread, so please get back to topic.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since I last logged in my account. It says registered since 2006. I was still a minor then, oops.

mirc is still alive at this stage?

even friendster and neopets are dead i think... and those were the hype of the internet days in mid 1990s...

Is galaxynet stil kicking? Thought it's supposed to be dead and buried ?!

Wow.. that is my IRC chat days in the early 90s on 14.4 modem speed dial up heheh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

he created an account to reply to my post. he told me he's straight, but would like to be friends. so for a period of time, we hung out for a bit. :) a good man.

Really a sweet guy.

Guest limedaiquiri

mirc is still alive at this stage?

even friendster and neopets are dead i think... and those were the hype of the internet days in mid 1990s...

You'd be surprised to know that neopets is still going strong. I know of friends who sometimes visit neopets for nostalgia..

• Guest locked this topic
  • 5 years later...
  • G_M changed the title to Trevvy officially offline + Who Still Remember Sgboy? (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Guest Will miss sgboy

Wow sgboy forum (or trevvy after its renamed),

its where i got info about the gay scene in sg when i was a student and realising that there are like minded ppl like me in the community.

think that was already 20 yrs ago or more…;)

Guest Guest

On 6/6/2012 at 1:04 AM, azimuth said:

Time has told. 

On 6/6/2012 at 1:35 AM, Guest Guest said:

At this hour Blowing wind has 200 people online. Trevvy shows 1500 online at the bottom. Who is dead?

Trevvy is dead. 

And to be honest, with more and more militant members calling for the ban of Guest postings because some princesses here cannot withstand getting bitched back, I think BW will be dead soon after too. 

Guest Lol
7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Time has told. 

Trevvy is dead. 

And to be honest, with more and more militant members calling for the ban of Guest postings because some princesses here cannot withstand getting bitched back, I think BW will be dead soon after too. 

you are replying to something posted 9 years ago

A sign of changing in times. 

To a certain extent, BW is quite similar with Sgboy/ Trevvy, we started as a blog of sort (back on the days when the term blog doesn't even exist), moved to a forum format and ran by group of volunteers. 

While we remained as a forum, they branched out to be a more complete and commercialize portal. Both of sites and numerous others served as the early pioneers for the PLU society, a platform to know that there are others like us in the society, and an avenue to link together. Most of us, benefitted with such a service and a sense of identity. 

Nevertheless, time has changed, with the raising of mobile devices and the onslaught of information, we need to find our unique point to continue our existence. Till then, cherish what we all have. 

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator
2 hours ago, Guest Lol said:

you are replying to something posted 9 years ago

Yes, the posts were from 9 years ago but the answers became apparent only 9 years later, even though the writings were on the wall for as long as that period already. 

I was a member of fridae and sgboy decades ago but I learnt my lesson never to sign up as a member in any forums subsequently. Just one single slip as to who you are on the forum, and suddenly your entire life might just fall apart all around you. Your colleagues may find out who you are and even your WIFE may suddenly hear about you. I remember there was this crazy woman who even came here hunting for her husband on this very forum, maybe one or two years back. As a matter of fact, in case you guys are not aware, this forum was not started by a gay, but by a bi married man (and I think now) with children. 

So no matter how much anyone tries to convince me to sign up as a member with some fake assurance that members cannot be traced as well, I am going to remain as a guest forever. Besides, it is so much fun to mess around on this forum 

using different guest names, instead of sticking to a single member identity all the time. hahahahaha ... 

15 hours ago, oralb said:

A sign of changing in times. 

To a certain extent, BW is quite similar with Sgboy/ Trevvy, we started as a blog of sort (back on the days when the term blog doesn't even exist), moved to a forum format and ran by group of volunteers. 

While we remained as a forum, they branched out to be a more complete and commercialize portal. Both of sites and numerous others served as the early pioneers for the PLU society, a platform to know that there are others like us in the society, and an avenue to link together. Most of us, benefitted with such a service and a sense of identity. 

Nevertheless, time has changed, with the raising of mobile devices and the onslaught of information, we need to find our unique point to continue our existence. Till then, cherish what we all have. 

Please stay like you are today.  There is no need for change.  I have always found BW superior to the Trevvy forum, although it had the same intelligent conversations among very interesting gay members.  Shortly after coming to the gay scene I joined Trevvy some 14 years ago, and remained active there until its decline started.  Was this caused by it becoming more commercial, or by a change in leadership?, I don't know.  For years now I have occasionally gone back and it broke my heart to see how dead it had become.  It felt like in a ghost site where my former friends existed only in the trace of their posts they left behind.  Now with the site with these traces disappeared, my already broken heart gets teared a little more.  To make things worse,  my cherished home away from home in Bangkok,  Babylon, has also closed its doors probably forever.  Will I need soon a heart transplant?    I will do my best to avoid this,  through a healthy living style and cultivation of happiness.  It seems inevitable when we age that some tragedy hits us more frequently.  This is why you young people should care to develop early a strong physical and emotional heart.

Guest Huh
20 hours ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

Yes, the posts were from 9 years ago but the answers became apparent only 9 years later, even though the writings were on the wall for as long as that period already. 

I was a member of fridae and sgboy decades ago but I learnt my lesson never to sign up as a member in any forums subsequently. Just one single slip as to who you are on the forum, and suddenly your entire life might just fall apart all around you. Your colleagues may find out who you are and even your WIFE may suddenly hear about you. I remember there was this crazy woman who even came here hunting for her husband on this very forum, maybe one or two years back. As a matter of fact, in case you guys are not aware, this forum was not started by a gay, but by a bi married man (and I think now) with children. 

So no matter how much anyone tries to convince me to sign up as a member with some fake assurance that members cannot be traced as well, I am going to remain as a guest forever. Besides, it is so much fun to mess around on this forum 

using different guest names, instead of sticking to a single member identity all the time. hahahahaha ... 

i think you think too much and seem to have issues with your own identity.

i signed up as member on sgboy and fridae and have no issue at all - you can still remain anonymous.

its quite sad if you are so scared and worrying about this and that.

I still have an account there ... I think hahaha.. been a few years since I logged on. But it has lost it's vibrancy a long time back.

Guest Interesting
26 minutes ago, auscent said:

It was vital then, a community glue. I used to moderate, volunteer for events and still keep in touch with a fren.

Haha, are you one of BW Mods and @auscent is your member's nick here?  If you are not, why moderate there and not here?

3 hours ago, Guest Huh said:

since when this dearstraightpeople is the successor of Trevvy?

Every era there is one dominant LGBT website.

First it was SGBoy.com / Trevvy.

Next was Fridae.

Now is Dear Straight People since they are the most popular one now so I guess that makes them the successor?

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Since when is Dear Straight People popular?

To me, the most popular now is Blowing Wind :P

Blowing Wind only Gen X and gay boomers know lah.

I doubt gay millennials and gen Z know what is Blowing Wind.

Guest Hmmm
5 minutes ago, Gayleo said:

Blowing Wind only Gen X and gay boomers know lah.

I doubt gay millennials and gen Z know what is Blowing Wind.

Is it a compliment or insult to all BW members + guests, yourself included  too ? 🤨

Just now, Guest Hmmm said:

Is it a compliment or insult to all BW members + guests, yourself included  too ? 🤨

Errr what is wrong with being Gen X or a boomer?

Don't believe me you go ask those younger gays whether they know what is Blowing Wind not.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.