Male HQ

Trevvy officially offline + Who Still Remember Sgboy? (Compiled)

Guest Trevvy boy

Actually when SgBoy was "transformed" into Trevvy, it was still not too bad, most of the things were pretty much the same. However, when Trevvy made a change by "upgrading" their site around December 2011, that was when everything went downhill. Many members left and "migrated" to BW, I think...

I remembered I needed quite a long while (could be hours sometimes) to read Trevvy on what I missed if I had not logged in for a day or two (or even longer). But now, within minutes, I'm done reading as there were practically nothing much to read these days... Whereas BW, there wasn't a lot postings compared to now, which I believe some others had mentioned - members from Trevvy came over and BW is "overcrowded"? haha...

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest Guest

i miss the old sgboy. i started reading in 2000, that was when i was trying to accept myself and coming to term with it. it was really helpful, useful and informative for me. for once it was great to know that there are people like me around and all the sg gay info. what i like best was the last section of the forum where people share about coming out, relationship issues etc, basically issues relating to the mind and heart. there was great support there, you can feel it just literally by wordings. sad to say, it is not like that anymore, now most gays are unfriendly and bitch about each other, not only there but here as well. i guess all the old members, no matter what their age, hv already left and moved on with their lives already.

Guest Guest

Waow I used to check Trevvy at least once a day. And go to their forums a lot. Now I rarely do. Guess it had to do with the overhaul of the website, and now it's not even a quarter of what it used to be.

Trevvy 2577 active users

Blowing-Wind 424 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Tell me which one a quarter of the other ?!?

Guest Guest

only go there to check out the hotbods now (5 free clicks everyday) -----> then 'missed connections' in classified -----> then 'missed connections' thread in the forums -----> occasionally click some cute guys' profiles to see -----> log out

Hmm i prefer BW because each profile already has information organized nicely. There are stats and pictures on your profile, and then you can actually read the content and posting of a profile.

I kinda like reading the things that some profiles write, so I can understand them beyond the usual superficial stats and pictures 

I used trevvy previously only to inbox people, but each profile at most has a few pictures and a bunch of rather redundant information. And Fridae and Gayromeo already has the same function anyway.

But i still prefer to chat on trevvy chat rather than on here. Even though it is a 'meat market', but once you find the right people, one to one chat can be rather fruitful and interesting.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

Guest Guest

Trevvy 2577 active users

Blowing-Wind 424 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Tell me which one a quarter of the other ?!?

Do you understand English?

He said "Trevvy is not even a quarter of what it used to be", not comparing with other site. 

If Trevvy is 2577 now, means it was 10308 back in the hey days.  :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

The trevvy red membership is ridiculous. Pay usd20 to 30 just to view unlimited hotbods pics and profiles and have expanded mailbox size. For the price they are charging, should throw in free gifts, special privileges. If not, sld just reduce the price if they really wanna hv restrictions.

I think they implement tt at a time when trevvy/sgboy was very popular and they wanna ride on the popularity but unfortunately, it backfired.

Guest Guest

yeah its those guests coming here making a scene

in trevvy now troll members tt i can think of randomly is one_of_us who seems to bitch fight with everyone and another called sableboy who post real stupid comments all over.

• 1 year later...

13 months after the last post ...

I dropped in at Trevvy this morning and it seems that they are really NOT doing well.

The latest scoop is dated 21 Jul 2014, after the MH 17 incident.

Other than a handful of "Hotbods" updated regularly, there isnt much to read...

The forums are "Dead" and "out-dated"...

Trevvy has been "dead" for quite a while. I think most of the "active" users log in for the Hotbods only. Previous active members are very quite, many have not been posting for a long time.

Sgboy himself has been very quite, almost at "retired" stage. Gone were the party days, long gone were the glorious posting days. Sad indeed.

Yes, trevvy forum is really a bitch. Most people are just flaming. Pple like ecity and one_of_us. worst of all they create clone accounts to start threads to worship them.

I think the moderators actually CONTRIBUTED to its downfall, by "defending" their friends and deleting objective comments. there are even some mods that delete your posts because they don't agree with you.

in trevvy now troll members tt i can think of randomly is one_of_us who seems to bitch fight with everyone and another called sableboy who post real stupid comments all over.

Trevvy forum is dead when even the resident bitches/rats like one_of_us, ecity, jetguyz, sableboy abandoned the sinking ship.

But unfortunately these refugee bitches/rats are now here on BW to roost. It doesn't take much to guess that Raiden Alpha, gstc82 and some of those nasty guests are them and still carrying on their bitching here. These CMIs/rats really have no life that they spend more than 10 years bitching each other. It used to be nice and peaceful here on BW before these refugees holed up here like rats :lol:

Trevvy forum is dead when even the resident bitches/rats like one_of_us, ecity, jetguyz, sableboy abandoned the sinking ship.

But unfortunately these refugee bitches/rats are now here on BW to roost. It doesn't take much to guess that Raiden Alpha, gstc82 and some of those nasty guests are them and still carrying on their bitching here. These CMIs/rats really have no life that they spend more than 10 years bitching each other. It used to be nice and peaceful here on BW before these refugees holed up here like rats :lol:

:) hi

Guess not easy to maintain a forum website. Donkey yrs ago when trevvy still called sgboy, it was such an interesting site to go to, and after they have revamp it and changed to trevvy, it started to go downhill.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Lol.

U.just reminded me of Aunty Naggy.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 year later...

I think it is largely due to its unfriendly interface, I feel so lost whenever I use it and I feel as if the site itself is discouraging me to actually meet more people. On top of that, the attractions like hot bods etc, is searchable through tumblr anyway

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Use to be the first place I hang out way before BW. Then they wanted to go legit and be good in the eyes of the local authorities and commercialized and legitimize their site/organization, they came down hard on all things sexual,NSFW posting and hookup activities and controlled topic discussion.

I think that was one reason many I used to know moved to BW and other sites. I still go there once in a while to look see but their format is not my scene.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

this is one of the reasons why I super duper appreciate BW and what the moderators and creators have done to make this possible. Posting materials here is way freer and stuff, though I often get messages from faceless discreet creeps, but what to do? it's something to be expected.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

I stopped reading the forums on Trevvy because there were simply too much bitching. Major turn off especially when you think the topic is interesting but you felt like you wasted 5 minutes of your time after reading the thread.

hahaha...

i remember a major b**** from london who force his 0.1 cent on everything.

I remembered before SgBoy turned into a forum, it was just a site that shared stories and experiences?

I was first attracted to it by that "Hans" love story, if I get that name correct, wonder if it is still available somewhere over at Trevvy...

Anyway, there was a similar thread which I shared over there previously (click here), maybe can merge them together?

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

I stopped reading the forums on Trevvy because there were simply too much bitching. Major turn off especially when you think the topic is interesting but you felt like you wasted 5 minutes of your time after reading the thread.

As that site was also for lesbians and trans folks, there were a lot of bitching and trolling by especially dykes who would get up to bitching mode and get involve in gay topics to throw in their two cents like it or when there are bisexual who try to hit on the ladies and all hell breaks loose. A lot of flaming was going on there overtime I just ignore them all.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

But unfortunately these refugee bitches/rats are now here on BW to roost. It doesn't take much to guess that Raiden Alpha, gstc82 and some of those nasty guests are them and still carrying on their bitching here. :lol:

I wasn't heavy user of SGboy. But I certainly remember ecity and his never-ending posts from somewhere in London(?). I eventually stopped reading any threads where he is posting.... which pretty much means almost everything on the forum.  :yuk:

I think he got himself a life and is not in bw.... no?  :lol:

I wasn't heavy user of SGboy. But I certainly remember ecity and his never-ending posts from somewhere in London(?). I eventually stopped reading any threads where he is posting.... which pretty much means almost everything on the forum.  :yuk:

I think I recall this person now that you brought it up heheh

The bitches of sgboyx pretty much made the forum their own trumpet ground. Ecity with his endless bragging, mostly claims of what he can do or info rephrased from wiki. Integrity with his random persecution of other members and again also loads of claims. What made it all unbearable was how the mods mostly ignored everything or worse, even joined in the bitching. Truly became a horrid place to visit and no surprises at all it died pathetically.

The bitches of sgboyx pretty much made the forum their own trumpet ground. Ecity with his endless bragging, mostly claims of what he can do or info rephrased from wiki. Integrity with his random persecution of other members and again also loads of claims. What made it all unbearable was how the mods mostly ignored everything or worse, even joined in the bitching. Truly became a horrid place to visit and no surprises at all it died pathetically.

Ahhh Ecity. lol action only that guy..

hahahah

i was talking about him. i hope he is not here?

the only irritating people here are those in flaming room b****ing about a has-been known as zoe tay. 

one of the fondest memory i had was posting a missed connection for this hot guy at work.

he created an account just to reply to my post after he heard of it from another gay colleague. he's straight, but it was a very sweet thing of him to do. :)

Faith in humanity restored.

I prefer pre-Trevvy period. That's where we had sgboy and sister-site fluffyboy (??) with all the juiciest stories in town.

Too bad that site got banned and later sgboy turned Trevvy and there were too many go-go boys alike parties going on. Then starts the downturn to the site.

Sad to see what has happened to Trevvy today.

Well, I guess nothing lasts forever.

I prefer Sgboy.com.

Although I hv an account in Trevvy, I have not log in for 6 years. I feel no point to log in...haha. .not young anymore.

BW are more on mature men.

If got new website....better use sgmen....then I will be active.

Guest for guests

These are registered members. Yet they behaved worse than anonymous guests here.

So who says that it's better to only allow registered members to post on BW?

Guest Agree to disagree

Trevvy was dominated by a few active members bitching and flaming from thread to thread to the extent that many members got tired of reading it and left for good.  That was the main reason why Trevvy become deserted and dead.

Guest Passer-by

After reading this thread, I go to visit Trevvy for nostalgic sake and omg, i left within 15 seconds! Nothing interesting actually.

Used to like the chatroom but some time ago it becomes so difficult to connect and the members number drop drastically. Yawn.

It is really not easy to operate and maintain a social website, so competitive now. Not to say the mobile apps that replace the chatroom's main function to hook up others.

• G_M changed the title to Trevvy officially offline + Who Still Remember Sgboy? (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.