Male HQ

Ming's Massage @ Novena

cynyd

Totally deserving too, based on all the positive feedback so far!

Deserving or not, that is a big question to consider carefully. If u think its deserving based on those feedback, pls think twice b4 saying something....

1/ Those feedback is mostly from newbies with only 1 or 2 posts.... In a massage thread, the comments from newbies are not as trusted as members or senior members...

2/ WHat are the standards of "deserving" or " not deserving" ? The standard depends on your level of expectation and satisfaction....

Let I give u one example...

For example, u go to foodcourt and buy one chiken wing at 1 SGD. For sure in your own mind, u dun have any expectation that the chiken wing u have bought might be as nice as the one in KFC.... However, u find out that it tastes as nicely as the one in KFC that is beyond your expectation and imagination, so u immediately have a thinking that u have got something deserving....

NOnetheless, if u go to KFC and buy one chicken wing from there at 3 SGD ( just an example), then u find out that the wing here is not so nice, and u immediately have a thinking that it is not worth your spending money buying this....

SO the rule here is : EXPECTATION > SATISFACTION

or : EXPECTATION < SATISFACTION

As that rule stated, when u try this massage, u pay at just 20 SGD, of cos u got a thinking that u JUST WANNA TRY at the first time....However, if u go for other masseurs on this website at higher prices, u got a thinking that u WANNA GET GOOD SERVICE WITH FULL PACKAGE..... Because of the dfferent level of money paid attached with the level of expectation, the level of satisfaction might be not the same, and that is the time for u to say that it is worth or not.....

Think twice b4 saying.... U dun know what a massaer is thinking of....

Guest Centrino

I read with interest the posts in this thread. I will give myself the benefit of the doubt that CYM provides great massage. Since I have never tried his massage, it would be unfair for me to judge or doubt his skills. When I first read that he was offering his massage for $10, I thought that CYM was either doing this purely as a hobby or has no idea what he is getting himself into. I thought to myself, this is too good to be true.

True enough, as the thread progressed, $10 became $20. For $20, I would still say it is a very reasonable rate considering all he wanted to cover were the incidental costs associated with the massage. I was almost ready to drop him a private message for his number when I read that $20 was only for the first massage, and subsequent sessions you are strongly encourage to pay $40 for the skills.

I do admit that this is an excellent case of marketing strategy 101. Offer cheap, get them hooked, jack up your rates.

With that, I can firmly conclude that CYM is no different from anyone else out there. I do hope that his massage skills is as good as people in this forum claim. I may just give it a shot while it is still at $40...

To be fair to him, $40/h for a home-based service is very reasonable compared to other home-based therapists.

But if my memory didn't fail me, $10 (then) and $20 (now) "introductory" rate was never mentioned in his initial modified post.

Well, that's human greed.

Edited by sgboy82

Let I tell u about my visit to his place for massage. I would love not to mention his massage skills, or his place, but only his plans based on the way I talked to him, and withdrew his thinking out of his mind without his knowing.

I was there when the price was at 20 SGD and I got some questions to see how he handled my questions, and then I got a conclusion of 2 possibilities that he is considering:

1/ He is an old guy without body and look that can compare to other masseurs on tis website. Therefore, at the first time, he charged 10 SGD just to hook people, otherwise his service would have died in the introductory stage if he charged the same prices as other masseurs did, and fo sure he would have never had a chance to compete with them. Hence, he did break the "floor price" of the massage service that the moderator here can not control. In the real business service, if he breaks the "floor price" like this, he would be sued immediately.

AFter a while when he charged 10 SGD, people came to him, and tried to try on " a cheap thing", and they migh get a better thing than what they expected, and they left good comments here. Imagine with the same service but at the higher price, people would have never satisfied to leave such good comments.

And now when he accrued enough good cmments, he began to increase his price. For me, this is not a smart strategy, because of 2 reasons:

a/ when he keeps increasing his price, people would see his true color soon or later.

b/ once he increases his price to more han 60 SGD in the long run, his service would be in trouble cos he never could compete with Jason's Massage at Jurong West, Sedish Massage by Luis at Jalan Jayu, or Uncle Hong, etc.....

Or if he wants to increase price even more expensively than that, he would be sure not to have a chance to be a competitor of luxurious services like Hunky Masseur Lucas.

2/ This is another possibility. He might not be accruing a fixed cost like rental as other masseurs must consider, so he could offer cheaper price. WHen people comes to massage, usually the customers must have money and working. A NSF Or students or young boys never have enouh money to go to the services of other masseurs even they really want to try. SO when he offered this service and price, he could attract those youngsters t try on his service, and at te end of day, he might beable to have fun with thoe youngsters.

EArn some money, have fun with young boys at his age. Isn't it not a bad idea, rite?

Dear Friends

Thank you for your support by trying out my massage. To others who have not, I would still like to thank you for your interest.

I first started the pricing at $10, but very quickly found it to be unrealistic. So I increased it to $20. However, I still extended a $10 concession to full time students and NSF..for no other reason than that they may be deserving of a concession but mainly because I could not find a way to amend the title of this post/thread. So far, only about 3 guys have taken up this $10 offer. And I simply gave them the massage they came for. I would like to withdraw the concession, but students tend to ask for a special rate, so it's still here.

The price of the introductory session is STILL $20. And you, dear reader, are welcome to take advantage of it. The SECOND session onwards is $40. But only those who have already experienced the massage will need to wonder if $40 is a fair price to pay for the next session. I would have thought this most ethical. You only need to risk $20! You KNOW what you'll be getting at $40. Nevertheless, I do not hard sell or even sell subsequent sessions. I think $40 is a fair rate that is also economically meaningful for me. I normally devote 1h 45m to 2 h of overall time for each hour of massage paid.

Am I greedy? Could anyone in Singapore really provide massage at $20 on a consistent basis? I believe the service I provide is worth $40. Naturally not everyone will agree. But that's ok.

I also give my stats and it's clear that I am not young nor hunky nor a massage expert.

As for Hoang Nam, he has a very good photo of himself. If I have ever massaged him, I think I would have remembered such a good back. I honestly cannot recall such a person visiting my place or my giving answers that could have led anyone to draw the conclusions made in the previous post.

Cheers

Ming

Edited by Cym

I must qualify myself that I have not tried Ming's massage nor do I know him in person.

Whatever the case or reason may be, the price charged is made known to all. It is patronage at free will. Even if the price maintains at $10 or $20 which we know is below the market rate, if one does not find the massage good, he will not return.

It is really up to individual to decide if repeat patronage is worth $40, or more if price hikes again. Being a potential client myself, I am not suggesting or encouraging Ming to increase his pricing. Many of us would certainly know the simple logic of pricing and demand.

End of the day, it only makes sense that a business must be sustainable.

It became very interesting to read this post. Personally I felt there is no right or wrong for a person to apply his own business strategy. Each and everyone of us have our own ideas on how we want to make things work.

We pay for a massage service provided, be it cheap or expensive, there is a minimum cost incurred by the service provider. It is not like a case where we are being ask to make a payment without getting anything.

Since the charges is made known beforehand, if one find that the service does not value for that money, at most we don't engage it and we do not loose a single cent.

Therefore I don't see the need for our bro Hoang Nam to draw any conclusion because the possibilities are way more than one can imagine. A fair and honest feedback (be it positive or negative) on your experience would help all the readers more. :)

A fair and honest feedback (be it positive or negative) on your experience would help all the readers more. :)

Love that line.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

总觉得为人除了要有口德, 同行更应该有职业道德, 大家只不过混口饭吃, 何必得抹黑对方?

你做你的, 他有他的顾客, 河水不犯井水不是很好吗? 价钱便宜固然是卖点, 但若无手艺,

别人最多只会光顾一两次, 所以只要是真材实料, 又有何惧, 对吗?

大家公平竞争, 共勉。

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your great support and good/useful feedback. I've tried to incorporate some of the feedback to create a better massage experience.

My daily schedule folllows:

Jan 2013 Schedule

Monday. 1015am, 730pm 930pm

Tuesday. 1030am, 1215pm, 2pm, 345pm. 

Wednesday. 1030am, 1215pm, 2pm, 345pm.

Thursday. 1030am, 1230pm, 230pm, 430pm, 630pm, 815pm, 10pm. 

Friday. 1015am only. 

Saturday. 1030am, 1230pm, 230pm, 430pm, 630pm, 815pm, 10pm

Sunday. 1030am, 1230pm, 230pm, 430pm, 630pm, 815pm, 10pm

Although I have 7 slots on some days, I will typically only be able to take in a maximum of about 3 appts, so that each person can have good energy levels.

Hope to see u soon.

Cheers

Ming

• 1 month later...

I tried his body to body sensual massage on 7 Feb. It was good and relaxing overall but not the ups there. Like he said, he is still learning and he takes ur feedback seriously. Constantly checking on the pressure and ur likes and dislikes.

He provides towel and showering facilities. No proper massage bed but a mattress on the floor. U get to choose between oil or lotion massage.

All in all, a very nice gentleman and the whole experience was good.

Hi Everyone

Happy Valentines Day.

I am very grateful to Blowing Wind and all the support that I have received from everyone. 

As a small gesture of thanks, I offer all confirmed bookings on 14 Feb, a Valentines Day gift: 30min of free massage. That is to say, you get 90min of massage but only pay for 60min. Which means you get 90min for just $40. 

I will also be having a special massage just for Valentines day: Valentines Volcano Massage. It is a fusion sensual massage that can, just for 14 Feb, include a volcano effect.

I have 5 slots on 14 Feb: 

10am

12noon

430pm

630pm

830pm

But I will only be able to accept 4 appts to maintain good energy levels for all. 

Some general info on my massages:

I hope you will be able to come and try my massage. But to help you decide if it is right for you, here's some background info:

It will be an aroma oil/body lotion massage held at my home near novena mrt station. 

I have massaged more than 100 people, but I still look forward to your feedback for improvement. My aim is to give you a wholesome, medium-firm yet sensuous massage that will make you happy.

PROCEDURE

As cleanliness is important, each person gets a fresh bed sheet, pillow case and towels. You may choose aroma massage oils including; 

Lavender/lilac

Peppermint

Ylang ylang

Lemongrass

Eucalyptus/tea tree

Or body lotions like:

Cocoa butter

Vanilla

Honey

Some people like to use their own oils. You're welcome to do that too. 

As I don't have a massage bed, you will be lying on a mattress on the floor of my bedroom. My home is reasonably clean, but a little messy. Unfortunately, not much of a spa atmosphere. You are welcome to use a warm shower in the common bathroom. I also have a flat mate who is usually in his own room, so your privacy is mostly assured. 

I start the massage with you lying face down. You may choose to wear your underwear or be unclothed. I will massage your feet, legs, butt, back, shoulders, arms and then you turn around and I go to your legs again and move upwards to your stomach and chest. The session usually ends with a firm but gentle face and scalp massage, which many find relaxing. I can incorporate some sensual strokes throughout the massage routine, if you like. 

Do let me know if you would like a firmer and brisker massage or a more sensual one with slower strokes. I will do my best to adjust to your satisfaction. I will also work more on where you ache if you let me know the location of the stiffness. 

STATS

I am Chinese, 172, 72 and in my 40s. Nothing much to look at. Some people may also want to know if I am local. Yes, I was born in Singapore

To help me better prepare to massage you, it would be great if you could send me your stats too. One reason is that as I am no expert, I may not be able to give chubbier guys a good massage. Older people also have more fragile skin that I believe I am ill-equipped to handle. My shower is also above a bath tub. So getting in and out of the shower might be a concern for some.

HOW TO BOOK

PM me your preferred slot with your stats. 

Once your session is firmed up, I will give you my Hp number. And once you SMS/whats app/ viber me your confirmation, I will send you my full address in reply. 

But if you already have my hp number, then please feel free to message or whats app me directly. 

I shall be happy to answer any questions that you may have and look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers

Ming@novena

Edited by Cym

Dear Astroboy

Thank you for posting a feedback on the Forum. I really appreciate it. I am glad you found the massage an overall good experience.

I too enjoyed the experience of massaging you and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers

Ming

Edited by Cym

Dear onlymen4me

Thank you for your interest.

I am usually contacted by PM through the BW forum/post.

About the massage. It is a blend of both firm and soothing strokes. The massage can be made more/less firm, relaxing or sensual. However, it is generally not body to body.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how to do body to body massage. But I have experimented on a few willing subjects. Just for a few minutes. The results seem more positive than negative. But it was always just a fun experiment with those I felt comfortable with and who were willIng to accept it as an experiment. So I guess I'm not ready to be offering it on a regular basis.

Cheers

Ming

Edited by Cym

Dear Readers

Thank you for your support so far. Many may not understand, but this massage service has somehow made my life more meaningful. I am glad to have been given the opportunity to massage so many wonderful guys.

My $10/20 intro offer has been running for several months now, and I guess it can't go on forever. Hence, the rate is now the standard $40/h. You may choose 1h, 1.25h or 1.5h.

I believe it offers good value. However, if you would like even more value, do look out for promotions. I'll try to do them regularly.

Cheers

Ming

Dear Readers of BW

I wish all readers of BW a Happy n Prosperous New Year. 

To welcome the lunar new year, I will be operating on both Monday 11 Feb n Tuesday 12 Feb. I offer you a Slippery Snakes Massage. Not that different from my normal massage. Just more slippery n sensual, with the snakes slipping into usually unexplored regions. You can of course still ask for the normal firm or relaxing massage too. 

Slots:

Monday/Tuesday: 1030am, 1230pm, 230pm, 430pm, 630pm, 830pm

( Although I have 6 slots a day, I will typically only take in a maximum of abt 2 to 3 appts, so that each person can have good energy levels.)

Rates:

No special rate. Just the usual rate of $40/h. You can choose 60min, 75min or 90min.

I hope you will be able to come and try my massage. But to help you decide if it is right for you, here's some background info:

It willaromas aroma oil/body lotion massage held at my home near novena mrt station. 

I have massaged more than 100 people, but I am still no expert. I look forward to your feedback for improvement. My aim is to give you a wholesome, medium-firm yet sensuous massage that will make you happy.

PROCEDURE

As cleanliness is important, each person gets a fresh bed sheet, pillow case and towels. You may choose aroma massage oils including; 

Lavender/lilac

Peppermint

Ylang ylang

Lemongrass

Eucalyptus/tea tree

Or body lotions like:

Cocoa butter

Vanilla

Honey

Some people like to use their own oils. You're welcome to do that too. 

As I don't have a massage bed, you will be lying on a mattress on the floor of my bedroom. My home is reasonably clean, but a little messy. No spa atmosphere. The shower is outside the room. I also have a flat mate who is usually in his own room, so your privacy is mostly assured. 

I start the massage with you lying face down. You may choose to wear your underwear or be unclothed. I will massage your feet, legs, butt, back, shoulders, arms and then you turn around and I go to your legs again and move upwards to your stomach and chest. The session usually ends with a firm but gentle face and scalp massage, which many find relaxing. I try to incorporate some sensual strokes throughout the massage routine. 

Do let me know if you would like a firmer and brisker massage or a more sensual one with slower strokes. I will do my best to adjust to your satisfaction. I will also work more on where you ache if you let me know the location of the stiffness. 

STATS

I am Chinese, 172, 72 and in my 40s. Nothing much to look at. Some people may also want to know if I am local. Yes, I was born in Singapore

To help me better prepare to massage you, it would be great if you could send me your stats too. One reason is that as I am no expert, I may not be able to give chubbier guys a good massage. Older people also have more fragile skin that I believe I am ill-equipped to handle. My shower is also above a bath tub. So getting in and out of the shower might be a concern for some.

HOW TO BOOK

PM me your preferred slot with your stats. 

Once your session is firmed up, I will give you my Hp number. And once you SMS/whats app/ viber me your confirmation, I will send you my full address in reply. 

But if you already have my hp number, then please feel free to message me directly. 

I shall be happy to answer any questions that you may have and look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers

Ming

Edited by Cym

Hi Zaw

Sorry that u did not get a response. But I honestly did not receive your phone call or SMS. 

I checked and the number I PM you is correct. As a rule, I will answer all SMS, as that would mean that I've already given you my HP number. As I don't advertise it, not everyone has it. 

I hope to receive your sms, or you can still make a booking by blowing wind PM. I will be very happy to give you a massage. 

Dear Turbo

Nope, generally I'm not very picky. I know almost nothing about Zaw. I certainly do not have his stats. But I do want to massage him. Otherwise I would not have given him my HP number. 

Cheers

Ming

Dear Readers of BW

For the rest of February 2013 this is my schedule:

Mon:8pm. 

TueWedFri:1030am, 1215pm, 2pm. 

ThuSatSun:1030am,1230pm, 230pm 430pm 630pm 830pm.

( Although I have 6 slots on some days, I will typically only be able to take in a maximum of abt 3 appts, so that each person can have good energy levels.)

You may choose 60min@$40 or 90min@$60. If there is time, there is also 120min@$75.

Hope2c u soon. 

Cheers. Ming

Edited by Cym

I've visited MIng for a few times, thought to share my experiences here.

MIng's place is not far from Novena MRT (5mins if you use the back street). Ming was friendly when he greed me at the door, he offered me drinks and we had small chat before we started. Ming operates in his room on a mattress. Before he starts, he would give me a variety the massage oil selections. And he would asked the massage style i like, hard or soft, firm massage or sensual one. I used to think no pain no gain, and always ask for the painful firm style of massage anywhere i go.

The recent massage i went, i asked for sensual massage as i was not having any body ache, just wanna get relaxed. And boy, i have to say... the sensual massage was good, one of the best i would say. He was not in a hurry, his sensual massage was long stroke, relaxing. When his hands caressed my butt, i have no words to describe. (Slutty as it sounded, just wanna be frank with how i felt for the massage).

The massage was indeed sensual, and he did not cross the line (as i have a few previous experiences where the masseurs would try to suck my dick during the massage. For me, it was no longer arousing or relaxing as it read 'sex'. And i hate it when i have to push the masseur's head away from my dick) One of the things i like for Ming's sensual massage is there is no body to body massage involved (but i believe he might accommodate if you ask). There was few times when some other masseurs tried to do B2B, it freaked me out and i nearly jumped off the bed!

The massage always take longer than the 60mins i usually requested for. I would visit again of course as the price was indeed slightly lower than the market rate. And i truly enjoy the massage. Just my thoughts...

Edited by Shin_85

Dear Zaw, Shin n Coconut

Thank you for choosing my massage and taking the time to give feedback on blowing wind. Helpful for new readers as well as myself.

The massages are basically the same, but I will try to feel what each person wants, try to listen to what each body and heart needs. And to a degree I try to provide this. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes it's not so successful, as I may read clients wrongly. Naturally, there are also some needs that I cannot meet.

I also like to try one or two new things each time so that when guys come a second time, it's not exactly the same massage as the first time. I will change the style a bit as I now know both you and your body a little bit better.

Cheers

Ming

Dear tyan and other readers of blowing wind

The promotional rate of $10/20 was running for about 4 months and has now ended. 

My usual rates are 60min@$40 and 90min@$60. If there is time you can also choose 120min@$75.

You will find they offer good value. However, guys who want even better rates can look out for my periodic promotions posted on blowing wind. Like this one:

Thundering Thursday 21 feb 2013.

Promo for massages done on 21/2:

$40 gets you 75min of sensual bliss. 

$50 gets you 90min

I have 6 slots on 21 Feb: 

1030am

1230pm

230pm

430pm

630pm

830pm

But I will only be able to accept a max of 4 appts to maintain good energy levels for all. 

Do PM me to make a booking. 

Cheers

Ming

Edited by Cym

Dear Readers of BW

This is just to inform you that I won't be in Singapore next Tues 26/2 to Thu 28/2, in case you are thinking of booking a slot. 

But I'm available:

Friday 22/2: 2.15pm

Sat and Sun: 1030am 1230pm 230pm 430pm 630pm 830pm

Mon: 8pm

Combi Sensual Massage 60min@$40 or 90min@$60 or 120min@$75 if there's time. A blend of firm strokes on the back and relaxing/sensual strokes where they count. 

Do PM me to arrange a booking, and if you leave your HP contact, I will SMS or what's app you in return as soon as I can.

Cheers

Ming

Tried Ming's massage last week. In the process of making an appointment, I was pleasantly surprised by his prompt replies and patience in answering my every question. Upon arrival, i was served water, had a small chat on my preference of massage and whether i had any physical conditions for him to take note. The massage was done on a thick mattress on the floor with a range of aroma oil to choose from.

I agree that Ming may not have the best massage skills as certain segments seems rather awkward and the strokes could be longer and more sensual. But he does a decent job on my gym-ache body for the price that i paid. He tries his best to please and the massage finished later then the agreed 75 mins. I will surely consider going for his massage services again.

Ming is an average built guy with polite and friendly attitude.

Dear Friends

Thank you for your support by trying out my massage. To others who have not, I would still like to thank you for your interest.

I first started the pricing at $10, but very quickly found it to be unrealistic. So I increased it to $20. However, I still extended a $10 concession to full time students and NSF..for no other reason than that they may be deserving of a concession but mainly because I could not find a way to amend the title of this post/thread. So far, only about 3 guys have taken up this $10 offer. And I simply gave them the massage they came for. I would like to withdraw the concession, but students tend to ask for a special rate, so it's still here.

The price of the introductory session is STILL $20. And you, dear reader, are welcome to take advantage of it. The SECOND session onwards is $40. But only those who have already experienced the massage will need to wonder if $40 is a fair price to pay for the next session. I would have thought this most ethical. You only need to risk $20! You KNOW what you'll be getting at $40. Nevertheless, I do not hard sell or even sell subsequent sessions. I think $40 is a fair rate that is also economically meaningful for me. I normally devote 1h 45m to 2 h of overall time for each hour of massage paid.

Am I greedy? Could anyone in Singapore really provide massage at $20 on a consistent basis? I believe the service I provide is worth $40. Naturally not everyone will agree. But that's ok.

I also give my stats and it's clear that I am not young nor hunky nor a massage expert.

As for Hoang Nam, he has a very good photo of himself. If I have ever massaged him, I think I would have remembered such a good back. I honestly cannot recall such a person visiting my place or my giving answers that could have led anyone to draw the conclusions made in the previous post.

Cheers

Ming

LucasMediantor once expressed his unhappiness and fear,at the cheap massage rate you were offering, as this may affect his business.

He even wanted to make an appointment with you to check out your massage skills, but he backed out because, through Pming you for an appointment, you will know who he is,and there maybe a conflict of interest.

I am not surprised he, after being evicted by me, was using Hoang Nam' s profile to feedback on your skills, looking at the amount of lies he had created here

Their back profile looks very smiliar.

Dear stockyguy

Thank you for your detailed feedback; both the plus and minus points. Quite accurate and fair. I will certainly try to improve. To give you and all others a better experience.

I look forward to the opportunity to massage you again in the near future.

Cheers

Ming

Dear thevisitors

Thank you so much for your insight about the Hoang Nam postIng. It helps me understand why anyone would write such untruths.

And the sad thing is that no matter how untrue, some readers would have believed such statements. I am grateful that your post will help readers discern the truth.......that I am just trying to provide a decent enough massage at a competitive rate.

Cheers

Ming