Male HQ

Best Cake In Town

I love cakes ! :P So let's see if we can consolidate a list of bakeries for all our beloved BW Bros to try. Below are some of my recommendations...

Best Chocolate Cake

- Awfully Chocolate

- Lana Cakes

- Choc-a-block (@ Bedok)

Best Carrot Cake

- Room 4 Dessert

Best Muffin

- Stall in Shunfu market

- Stall in Amoy market

- Stall in Lau Pa Sat, Opus Deli

Maybe can disregard the muffin part... coz i was eating a muffin while typing this... :D

Koh Samui, I need u...

>guest, i am made in singapore okie. their kuay bery nice wat.. if u think it is common name a better shop pls. better still make kuay that have Bangawan quality and send me. thanks in advance?

ohh for Gachi i can be ur andy or SAndy. But top chinese would come after me....

adding to the list:

muffins:

chocolat and spice (at tanjong pagar)

chocolate cake:

chocolate truffle cake from cedele

seven-layer chocolate cake from seah street deli

tiramisu:

tiramisutra - http://www.tiramisutra.com/mainpage5.html

cheesecake:

checkers deli at hilton hotel

(deconstructed) strawberry cheesecake at wild rocket

actually, i feel that singapore has very few places (shops or restaurants) where good desserts (including cakes) are served... strange cos we have quite a number of good restaurants.

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Best Chocolate Cake

- Awfully Chocolate

- Lana Cakes

- Choc-a-block (@ Bedok)

Panda, I love the chocolate sponge cake by Lana Cake. You know where they are now? I remember, last time it was at Hillcrest area :unsure:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Guest Guest

lana cake shop is @ 36 greenwood ave. near raffles girl pri sch, turn in from Hillcrest rd. tel : 64665315. oen from tue - sat.

lana cake shop is @ 36 greenwood ave. near raffles girl pri sch, turn in from Hillcrest rd. tel : 64665315. oen from tue - sat.

Okay thanks so much for the fast response, I must re-visit it too :thumb:

Yup, at Greenwood. Remember to call them and pre-order. They have so much customers now and dear old ma'am of Lana cannot handle baking so much. So everyday she will only bake a limited # of cakes...

Koh Samui, I need u...

The Patissier

Check out these guys for good quality and innovative cakes. My favourites include Chai, Empress Dowager, Green Tea Bavarian and the Choc Fudge.

They're located at Md Sultan Road. Nearby, at Robertson Walk, there's this nice little chocolaterie called Canele. Try their home-made ice-cream!

Walking further down Robertson Walk and Robertson Quay, there're a few pubs, bars, japanese grill places, ramen shops and other international cuisines. And also at least one other chocolate place but I can't remember the name of it right now.

Robertson Walk / Quay area is really quite a nice quiet tucked-away corner to find nice stuff to eat. Be prepared to spend though. Hahahah

hmmm..... i like Lychee Martini Cake from Pine Garden (AMK ave 10), their pandan cake are also one of the best in singapore.

cheesecake : i like Marble cheesecake from Secret Receipe (the base crust made of crushed nuts!)

Blackforest : prefer from Conrad hotel's.

anyway... for the ultimate dessert..... head down to Oriental Melt's cafe. the buffet. the choice of desserts are. superb!

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

hmmm..... i like Lychee Martini Cake from Pine Garden (AMK ave 10), their pandan cake are also one of the best in singapore.

I've stayed in AMK for ages and (shy to admit) have never been to the famous Pine Garden confectionary shop. I love cakes just that I try to avoid them because it's sinfully high in artery-choking cholesterol and all. Heard that their Black Forest Cake is heavenly. Dont care. Will make a trip this week to try. :D

canele is actually opened by the les amis group, and the desserts made by one cute cute chef pang =)

they have opened new branches at two other places: basement of paragon, and inside the new esprit in centrepoint (aka esprit cafe) (edited: no longer operated by canale...).

my poison at canele: earl grey ice cream!!! if you don't want to shell out 9 bucks for it, then i suggest you request for it to go. Comes without the bells and whistles, but you save about 2-3 dollars.

there's also another branch of patissier at ang siang hill, the aj headquarters :D and if you're there, pop by wacha for a cup of japanese tea. delicious!

bh: the chocolate place you're referring to should be the chocolate factory. service is not so good there, though...

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

I've stayed in AMK for ages and (shy to admit) have never been to the famous Pine Garden confectionary shop. I love cakes just that I try to avoid them because it's sinfully high in artery-choking cholesterol and all. Heard that their Black Forest Cake is heavenly. Dont care. Will make a trip this week to try. :D

haha well. go try their Pandan cake. and also another chocolate cake ba. but i dunno ley. their black forest... have to see their mood wan. sometimes i really is so bad that you rather spit them out. anyway, within the same neighbourhood...infact. same block somemore..., they have 2 shops. one in front of the road. one tuck away behind.

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

No fight. Lana is best. :)

hmmm... it depends on what you look for in your chocolate cake.

lana is good if you want your chocolate cake more moist, and the frosting more custard-like, but not if you want something more creamy or thick...

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Guest Guest
No fight. Lana is best. :)

Lana standard drop liao.... The last time I tried was horrible, the cake itself is not soft and light anymore.

So sad.... read somewhere on the Internet the cake is not made by the original auntie anymore.

I love cakes ! :P So let's see if we can consolidate a list of bakeries for all our beloved BW Bros to try. Below are some of my recommendations...

Best Chocolate Cake

- Awfully Chocolate

- Lana Cakes

- Choc-a-block (@ Bedok)

i think i have heard of choc a block...

u noe wad is the address, all i noe is that it's near blk 85 market there..i may be wrong..

and how much does one cake cost?

thanks

There is no right and wrong.

There is only fun and boring.

how about at East side? other than the awfully choc..

i knew this little cake shop at the basement of gd O days Katong Shopping Centre,

the Banana Pie is very yummillicius! :thumb: other than that the Muffins are nice too! but i cant rem the shop's name, is a indonesian name i guest.

then walk slightly further the next bus stop after the katong Shopping Centre,

right behind the bus stop, there is a cake shop name BakersWell , sells tasty Muffins too!

Wow .. I feel sinful already... but i admit i ahve a super sweet tooth..

Ok. I like the kueh from bengawan solo Esp the Kueh Talam (white and green) and Kueh Jonkong (white and green in container with gula melaka)

Yes I agree that the muffins from Shun Fu are great... long queues.

And lana... the chocolate is very good.

I have another favourite: Durian Cake from Jane's Cake Station in Jalan Kayu!! Super Durian Cake!!! More durian than cream.

Durian Puffs, I like the ones from Putra Mas in Joo Chiat.

Please give me the location of the Pine confectionary in AMK.. would like to try their cakes thanks

So far...

Best Chocolate Cake- Awfully Chocolate

- Lana Cakes

- Choc-a-block (@ Bedok)

- Cedele

- Seah street deli

- The Patissier

- Canele

Best Carrot Cake

- Room 4 Dessert

Best Muffin

- Stall in Shunfu market

- Stall in Amoy market

- Stall in Lau Pa Sat, Opus Deli

Best Cheese Cake

- Checkers deli (Hilton hotel)

- Cheesecake Café (Siglap)

- Secret Receipe

Others

- Tiramisutra

- Pine Garden, AMK (Pandan Cake)

- Jane's Cake Station (Durian Cake)

Think i left out some... any more??

Koh Samui, I need u...

Best Cheese Cake

- Checkers deli (Hilton hotel)

- Cheesecake Café (Siglap)

- Secret Receipe

The cheese cake at N.Y.D.C shop also I found quite good but quite pricey too, if not mistaken, $8.50 per piece.

So far...

Best Chocolate Cake- Awfully Chocolate

- Lana Cakes

- Choc-a-block (@ Bedok)

- Cedele

- Seah street deli

- The Patissier

- Canele

Hey this Choc-a-block, isit the one that was shown on TV that you can only do order over the net and not sold over the counter? I remember that Chen Liping and Kim Ng was the Host who went on searh for this chocolate cake........?

The owner looks PLU.....

Anyone tried this cake? Can't remember the email address but seemed like the Chocolate cake looks delicious..... :D

Guest Guest

Those who say Auntie Lana cakes is nice.

May I know when was the last time you have them?

I have it 2 months ago... wasn't nice anymore!

if you love cheesecake, you should really try the hilton one. cheaper than nydc (by the slice) if you do takeaway somemore :P

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

if you love cheesecake, you should really try the hilton one. cheaper than nydc (by the slice) if you do takeaway somemore :P

Thanks for the tips Akated. Anyway, would you share its price in Hilton. Tks

Try the chocolate cake from Jane's Cake Station in Seletar Hill! Yummy! The durian cake is great too!

Their details as listed in Makansutra:

Jane's Cake Station

265 Jalan Kayu

Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 12pm-6.30pm,

Sun & Public Holidays 12pm-4pm

Closed on Wednesday

hmmm... if i'm not wrong, cheesecake by the slice at hilton should be around 6.50 plus minus.

nicefatboy's right; big-o and nydc are sister shops.

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

• Guest locked this topic