Male HQ

SAME Pub & Karaoke (原点)

Guest stormbear

I totally agree with wat the aforementioned person has stated. Wat's the point of renaming n doing some simple renovation work, but the service still sucks big time?

I too have been a 'victim' in these circumstances. I jus want the KJ or whoever is related to Same reading this to take note, there are customers who notices how long it takes for the song to reach them n whether or not their table has been skipped. Dun treat your customers like fools. We are paying customers n we have every fxxking right to have prompt service. And tat includes the waiting time for the songs.

To the management n staff reading this, take a leaf out of Taiwan's karaoke pub culture. To them every customer is equal, fren or not. Their pubs may not be as clean or modern in looks but they sure make up for it with their service. N tat is something which Same lacks poorly. U may think tat if i m not happy with the plc then i shouldn't even bother to patronise Same. But remember, i m not the only one who have had bad experiences in Same. Bad publicity does no good to your business. Remember the keyword: S-E-R-V-I-C-E.

To the fat bastard KJ, dun practise double standards whether the person is your fren or not. Every customer that patronises the place is equal. And if u cant do it then dun even bother to work there. And pls, when someone's song is on, dun interrupt or make stupid comments. Your voice is irritating enough as it is already.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the experience about the KJ....

I simply don't visit anymore.... for more than 2 years already.

Why should I pay and get angry over the service. I pay to enjoy the service, the drinks and company and I will refuse the poor service to spoil my drinking.

Find another joint

Heard so many "feed back" about kj, service...etc,etc....

Just wonder how SAME's boss or maybe the KJ himself thikn ...only if they read and they hv brain.

I dun think those feedback fake...cos i did experienced. And many more bad experiences like, platic stools to serve customers, took customer's ciggerate when ppl just turn ard (so call keep it for u)...

Anyway, they hv their business style, if anyone cant take it. You may decide yourself.

Guest Newcomer

to fair critic: In a business point of view, your ideas will not be taken into consideration. No offence. You only think for yourself. Firstly, take a look at OSO and SAME. Most customers who willing to spend are mainly those main stream. Chubs dont spend that much. A glass of tea / fruit juice last throughout the night? Imagine if you are the boss, how you feel whereby everybody just drink tea and sit there for the whole nite? Although its quite demorale for entertaining female or lesbo customers in gay pubs, but in business, as long they can make money, why not?

Holding karaoke contest again? Oh pls... in the end, only those regulars or people who knows the judges will enter the finals. The good ones will kena kick out during the 2nd or semi finals. Why put on these faces? And not to say holding such contest might not pull crowds too. End up losing money... 1 good example from oso bar, they have what singing night. Asking a few people go on stage and sing. Instead of pulling crowds, people keep quiet and watch " a clown" go on stage and sing. Com'on, people are there to sing and scream, relax... not listen music. If you want, go to Ming Ge cafe instead.

Lastly, dont get others to invole. Thomas is friendly over there but that doesnt mean he ought to do PR for SAME. I know he is better than you, and i truly understand how you feel. No matter how many times you willing to go for the extreme make over or rearrange your face, you wouldnt be like Thomas. Accept the fact... we are talking about SAME way of running business... not a brothel for you to choose and pick.

To SAME: I overheard some female customers while i am smoking outside with them. They also complained about that KJ. I like the place, prices, atmosphere and etc. But pls do take consideration in changing the KJ. He is extremely rude...

Guest ASk4MORE
to fair critic: In a business point of view, your ideas will not be taken into consideration. No offence. You only think for yourself. Firstly, take a look at OSO and SAME. Most customers who willing to spend are mainly those main stream. Chubs dont spend that much. A glass of tea / fruit juice last throughout the night? Imagine if you are the boss, how you feel whereby everybody just drink tea and sit there for the whole nite? Although its quite demorale for entertaining female or lesbo customers in gay pubs, but in business, as long they can make money, why not?

Holding karaoke contest again? Oh pls... in the end, only those regulars or people who knows the judges will enter the finals. The good ones will kena kick out during the 2nd or semi finals. Why put on these faces? And not to say holding such contest might not pull crowds too. End up losing money... 1 good example from oso bar, they have what singing night. Asking a few people go on stage and sing. Instead of pulling crowds, people keep quiet and watch " a clown" go on stage and sing. Com'on, people are there to sing and scream, relax... not listen music. If you want, go to Ming Ge cafe instead.

Lastly, dont get others to invole. Thomas is friendly over there but that doesnt mean he ought to do PR for SAME. I know he is better than you, and i truly understand how you feel. No matter how many times you willing to go for the extreme make over or rearrange your face, you wouldnt be like Thomas. Accept the fact... we are talking about SAME way of running business... not a brothel for you to choose and pick.

To SAME: I overheard some female customers while i am smoking outside with them. They also complained about that KJ. I like the place, prices, atmosphere and etc. But pls do take consideration in changing the KJ. He is extremely rude...

THUMBS UP for you, Newcomer... ;)

hi Newcomer...

In a business point of view, your ideas will not be taken into consideration.
Its true that such suggestion will not help business, thus will not be consider
Firstly, take a look at OSO and SAME. Most customers who willing to spend are mainly those main stream. Chubs dont spend that much. A glass of tea / fruit juice last throughout the night?
says who that chub won't spend much? the chub named Reyner seems to drink alot most of the nights. be careful when u comments, like we chinese says...Clever is enough, dun 'act' clever.
Imagine if you are the boss, how you feel whereby everybody just drink tea and sit there for the whole nite?
Yup, the bosses will want more business for sure, but do u know that some might be there because a particuler cute chub who might be like what u said...dun spend much type, is there to lure others who throw big bucks on drinks..having fun with friends and able to see cute chub...as well?
Although its quite demorale for entertaining female or lesbo customers in gay pubs, but in business, as long they can make money, why not?
yes! u are right! why not?
Holding karaoke contest again? Oh pls... in the end, only those regulars or people who knows the judges will enter the finals. The good ones will kena kick out during the 2nd or semi finals. Why put on these faces? And not to say holding such contest might not pull crowds too.
seems like u are not able to sing well...to commend such on the contest. Even though its true, no one force anyone to participate too. A contest is a game, dun take a game too seriously unless life at state. And such contest sure draw crowds, as u said 'those regulars'....they dun come alone, dun they?
End up losing money... 1 good example from oso bar, they have what singing night. Asking a few people go on stage and sing. Instead of pulling crowds, people keep quiet and watch " a clown" go on stage and sing. Com'on, people are there to sing and scream, relax... not listen music. If you want, go to Ming Ge cafe instead.
Oso bar really have such event? They really sent 'a clown' go on stage? well, u are right as ppl are there to sing....'scream'..maybe its u. And i believe different ppl might love different events as well. U might like to not sing but 'scream' while others sing, others might like to see some who can really sing well....SING..., u know.
for this para u wrote, i salute u! that's right...its not a brothel. sounds more like at nice place where friends gather and sing and have fun thru the nights
All are right! The KJ really skips songs and play for those that he knows and likes. So, if u are keen to sing for ppl to listen, choose another pub. SAME is not the place for u because u might be singing only one song thru out the night....choose your song wisely....as u dun have second chance to impress your singing to a particular guy u might be looking at that night. And be prepared to be interrupted in between your song by his loud voice and comments on another person he knows or likes....as he is flirting with them...while using your song interval time during, before or after your chorus. Ermm....anyone like that to happen? Dun worried....u might not be so lucky....hahaha....anyway, the boss seems to like the way he entertains as he sings duet with this KJ at times too. Abit of letdown, because the boss looks great but image spoilt by this KJ. Hey..the boss of SAME....dun be like that, can?

=============

I've done some editing to include "quotes" so that it will more easy on the eye to read.

Gachi

Guest my fair critic

Newcomer,

I had no intention to reply to you because being a veteran on this forum, I do not want to give u my 2 cents worth that serves some form of an orientation for you on this forum. BTW, I am no flamer, neither a trouble stirrer.

But after reading Guest's comments to your response (and I ain't no friend of this Guest who wrote on 4 Oct @ 1.07am, I am in a bitch fit and feel like ticking you off.

Now, I am not going to rebut you point by point, cos I ain't got no time, but your condemning of the KJ does not make you an angel too. And why get him involved as I did not mention him the least in my posting to begin with?

It's clear you are a VAIN pot calling a kettle black, so shut up and go do some homework before you mess around on this forum, and especially with me.

PS: My dear Gachi, please do not edit or remove the above. I am really not into stirring shit, but some newbies oughta be taught a thing or two. Gachi, cos if you do, I am sure gonna call you on your handphone to appeal.

PS: My dear Gachi, please do not edit or remove the above. I am really not into stirring shit, but some newbies oughta be taught a thing or two. Gachi, cos if you do, I am sure gonna call you on your handphone to appeal.

Wah, you disappeared and now suddenly come back to earth. :D:lol:

Er..you wanna teach newbies how to "do it right" isit? :D:lol:

Guest my fair critic

dear gachi muchi,

thanks for your rapid response. :P

i never disappeared. just been a recluse, hardly interact with forumers until this impertinent newbie came along with a wrong footing. my intent was to provide constructive comments to SAME, of which i seasonally am a regular patron, and who is this newbie to come in between?

gachi, we should catch up some day. you've really done a good job here.

dear gachi muchi,

thanks for your rapid response. :P

i never disappeared. just been a recluse, hardly interact with forumers until this impertinent newbie came along with a wrong footing. my intent was to provide constructive comments to SAME, of which i seasonally am a regular patron, and who is this newbie to come in between?

gachi, we should catch up some day. you've really done a good job here.

So does this mean..

1. If i know the Mod's handphone number

2. If i suck up to the Mod, and tell him what a good job he has been doing (incidentally, I agree)

I can get away with such comments in the name of "teaching newbies"?

Wow. But nothing new here, the world is the same all over :P

Slack, you think too much.

1. If someone knows my no. means I know that person because I've given my no. to him.

2. If someone knows me, why would he need to suck up to me?

3. My fair critic did not use vulgarity to make his comments, so what wrong did he do.

So, please go see a doc to check on your conjunctivitis and please you are not Hulk, please don't turn green.

=============

Guest @ 11:18pm, who appoints you the spokesman for "most readers" of BW? Don't assume you are, ok. Sentiments my ass.

Guest GoneWithTheWind

Slack and Guest @ 11:18 pm

Your comments reflect of jealousy. To me both of you (or may be the same person) should weigh on the content of the issues here and not on who has the HP no. of Gachi.

People like you only pick on irrelevant details because you have nothing else to substantiate for your rebuttal! It is better for you to shut your mouth than to reveal your foolishness.

Guest RAYNER
hi Newcomer...
In a business point of view, your ideas will not be taken into consideration.
Its true that such suggestion will not help business, thus will not be consider
Firstly, take a look at OSO and SAME. Most customers who willing to spend are mainly those main stream. Chubs dont spend that much. A glass of tea / fruit juice last throughout the night?
says who that chub won't spend much? the chub named Reyner seems to drink alot most of the nights. be careful when u comments, like we chinese says...Clever is enough, dun 'act' clever.
Imagine if you are the boss, how you feel whereby everybody just drink tea and sit there for the whole nite?
Yup, the bosses will want more business for sure, but do u know that some might be there because a particuler cute chub who might be like what u said...dun spend much type, is there to lure others who throw big bucks on drinks..having fun with friends and able to see cute chub...as well?
Although its quite demorale for entertaining female or lesbo customers in gay pubs, but in business, as long they can make money, why not?
yes! u are right! why not?
Holding karaoke contest again? Oh pls... in the end, only those regulars or people who knows the judges will enter the finals. The good ones will kena kick out during the 2nd or semi finals. Why put on these faces? And not to say holding such contest might not pull crowds too.
seems like u are not able to sing well...to commend such on the contest. Even though its true, no one force anyone to participate too. A contest is a game, dun take a game too seriously unless life at state. And such contest sure draw crowds, as u said 'those regulars'....they dun come alone, dun they?
End up losing money... 1 good example from oso bar, they have what singing night. Asking a few people go on stage and sing. Instead of pulling crowds, people keep quiet and watch " a clown" go on stage and sing. Com'on, people are there to sing and scream, relax... not listen music. If you want, go to Ming Ge cafe instead.
Oso bar really have such event? They really sent 'a clown' go on stage? well, u are right as ppl are there to sing....'scream'..maybe its u. And i believe different ppl might love different events as well. U might like to not sing but 'scream' while others sing, others might like to see some who can really sing well....SING..., u know.
for this para u wrote, i salute u! that's right...its not a brothel. sounds more like at nice place where friends gather and sing and have fun thru the nights
All are right! The KJ really skips songs and play for those that he knows and likes. So, if u are keen to sing for ppl to listen, choose another pub. SAME is not the place for u because u might be singing only one song thru out the night....choose your song wisely....as u dun have second chance to impress your singing to a particular guy u might be looking at that night. And be prepared to be interrupted in between your song by his loud voice and comments on another person he knows or likes....as he is flirting with them...while using your song interval time during, before or after your chorus. Ermm....anyone like that to happen? Dun worried....u might not be so lucky....hahaha....anyway, the boss seems to like the way he entertains as he sings duet with this KJ at times too. Abit of letdown, because the boss looks great but image spoilt by this KJ. Hey..the boss of SAME....dun be like that, can?

=============

I've done some editing to include "quotes" so that it will more easy on the eye to read.

Gachi

Wow... Who's that who wrote about me in the response to QUOTE No. 2??!

First of all, I'm here to correct you on the spelling. It's RAYNER!! (Not Reyner.)

Secondly, why get me involved? Whether I drink alot or not, what has it go to do you you? (At least I can hold my drink well.)

Why must you quote me out of nowhere? Did I step on your tail by chance or you have better reasons to be unhappy with me?

Since you know who I am, next time walk up to me to voice out your unhappiness. I will be more than glad to apologise if I ever did you wrong or harm you in any way!!

regards, RAYNER

Guest RAYNER
heard they hired a new p/t chub waiter recently... hope to check him out soon!

Are you referring to Marcus?

if yes, YES! He is cute, indeed!!

then they have 2 new ones :P including eddie, wears glasses... friendly, cute, but too bad, he's attached liao... sigh...

Attached also can be screwed....right? 70% of gay are non-monogamous/slutty.

I don't really think much about this place these days. The waiter isn't cute at all and the KJ is truly rude and can make sacarstic remarks at the customers. I don't know why the boss won't do anything about that. It is difficult to run a chub oriented business here and the boss had also mentioned that he wanted to change his clientele to the more mainstream crowds.

Females, have been noticing a few regular faces at both SAME and OSO. Those fat bitches are more like faghags and hope to suck up (pun intended) to the gays since normal men will not usually go after them. Don't think they are lesbians though.

Guest RAYNER
but see eddie with another guy... think it's his bf!

Yes. Likely his BF. You can always befriend him as a friend right?

No one asked you to read too much into things for a start isn't it? *winks*

Guest RAYNER
I don't really think much about this place these days. The waiter isn't cute at all and the KJ is truly rude and can make sacarstic remarks at the customers. I don't know why the boss won't do anything about that. It is difficult to run a chub oriented business here and the boss had also mentioned that he wanted to change his clientele to the more mainstream crowds.

Females, have been noticing a few regular faces at both SAME and OSO. Those fat bitches are more like faghags and hope to suck up (pun intended) to the gays since normal men will not usually go after them. Don't think they are lesbians though.

If you don't think much about this place these days, why bother coming online to write about the waiter(s) or even the KJ??

As for the females, aren't you a living example (or sample) from the female species?!

Have they harmed or hurt you in anyway? Why are you so biased against them?

They're spending their own hard-earned money too aren't they?

Do you mean you strictly spend your money in venues not operated or owned by the females?

They shouldn't be even earning your money too then?

Guest RAYNER

If you don't think much about this place these days, why bother coming online to write about the waiter(s) or even the KJ??

As for the females, aren't you a living example (or sample) from the female species?!

Have they harmed or hurt you in anyway? Why are you so biased against them?

They're spending their own hard-earned money too aren't they?

Do you mean you strictly spend your money in venues not operated or owned by the females?

They shouldn't be even earning your money too then?

Anyway I'm off to YUAN DIAN tonight. You can come and brain-wash me if you like... :P

PLS when you call fatbastard, R u refering to youself???

only bastard will call others that!

Newcomer, Stormbear,justanotherchub n Ask4more all belongs to BASTARD!!!

You may not like the place , but not all like you!!!

Many comments n complaints, show that you don't belong to the Pub,

Newcomer, Stormbear,justanotherchub n Ask4more!!!

Go to hell!!!

Go to hell!!!

Go to hell!!!

Go to hell!!!

so much anger... not good for the body or soul... state your point and focus on issues, not make personal attacks. as much as you believe in something, allow for the possibility that someone believes just as strongly in something else. you are all entitled to your own beliefs... the world is made up of all sorts...

• 5 months later...
Guest new kid on the block

was there last night but it was not as packed and not much chubs or mature people,

so where do all those people go ? stay home ? watching movies with their partners ?

or is there another place in town where people hang out ?

saw a guy in office wear, dark pants and white long sleeve shirt, quite cute looking, don't seem like a local,

then saw cute thomas again, anyone know if he is still available, wanted to go over and say hi to him but he left with another mature man,

wonder if that is his lover or new friend, sigh, that mature guy also quite cute

maybe next friday, will pluck enough courage to go over and say hi,

not much eye candy last night

Guest -imp-
was there last night but it was not as packed and not much chubs or mature people,

so where do all those people go ? stay home ? watching movies with their partners ?

or is there another place in town where people hang out ?

saw a guy in office wear, dark pants and white long sleeve shirt, quite cute looking, don't seem like a local,

then saw cute thomas again, anyone know if he is still available, wanted to go over and say hi to him but he left with another mature man,

wonder if that is his lover or new friend, sigh, that mature guy also quite cute

maybe next friday, will pluck enough courage to go over and say hi,

not much eye candy last night

(1) Hmm... I think the guy you mentioned in office wear is a Japanese guy by the name of Shin?

(2) As for Thomas, I think he was with a friend. He's not gonna bite. Can say Hi to him anytime...

(3) Define Eye-Candy?

so

how to get to know the japanese guy named shin ?

does he come to SAME often ?

wonder if he will be there tonight ?

also about thomas, does he come everynight ?

how about his friend ?

would love to get to know the 3 guys

Guest -imp-
so

how to get to know the japanese guy named shin ?

does he come to SAME often ?

wonder if he will be there tonight ?

also about thomas, does he come everynight ?

how about his friend ?

would love to get to know the 3 guys

(1) The Jap guy speaks rather good English. Just go up to him and strike a conversation. He used to go often on weekends but of late, cut down due to work I guess. He just got back from overseas work assignments.

(2) Thomas is there on alternate weekdays selectively. He's rather friendly. Just walk to him and introduce yourself for a start.

(3) Thomas's friend is new to me. Despite having seen him a few times, I barely know him. But I observed that he kinda enjoy watching me play the word game (similar to Scrabble).

(4) Lastly, if you don't identify yourself, no one would be able to help you or introduce you to any of these guys. I should be there tonight... (I'm Rayner.)

wonder if Shin, thomas and his friend, went to same tonight,

cannot go tonight

wonder that are the type of guys these 3 person likes ?

Guest Guest
wonder if Shin, thomas and his friend, went to same tonight,

cannot go tonight

wonder that are the type of guys these 3 person likes ?

They like people who use SpellCheck before they post.

Guest -imp-
They like people who use SpellCheck before they post.

It was crowded and I arrived late. Didn't see them.

I guess I'll leave it to yourself to explore them one by one.

I'm too tired (now) to reply any further enquiries which you might have.

Happy hunting @ SAME. Cheers !!

went to SAME on friday and sat,

but never saw thomas, his friend and chin,

so disappointed, sigh,

wonder if anyone know where else they hang out , so that can go there to BUMP into them