Male HQ

World Class Airport: Changi

erection day

Changi Airport has always stolen the limelight as the best airport in the world in many citations. Would you agree? Is there other airport which you'd been which you think is more deserving of this accolade? I have transisted in quite a few and Changi is still the best. Saw the preview of our spanking new Terminal 3- it looks mighty impressive.

ya. when i speak to japanese people they always talked abt Changi Boys (Xwrong) changi villiage (wrong) :P , i meant changi airport. Some even think that the SIA gals uniform is our national costume :lol:

Anyway, i hope the next time i drop by singapore it would be ready :)

Guest golf fan
Changi Airport has always stolen the limelight as the best airport in the world in many citations. Would you agree? Is there other airport which you'd been which you think is more deserving of this accolade? I have transisted in quite a few and Changi is still the best. Saw the preview of our spanking new Terminal 3- it looks mighty impressive.

no lah, hongkong's cheplapkok airport is much better than T3. It's just garment's publication to always 'must no 1 in the world' ;)

• 1 month later...

A lot of buzz has been generated about Changi Airport's Terminal 3 which opens on Jan 9. According to reports, among the 100 shops and 30 f&b outlets is a 'Ferrari shop-the first in any airport outside Italy. Luxury cellphone manuafacturer Vertu will also open an outlet. Other brands to open there are Mulberry, Fifa, La Perla, Fat Face, Hard Rock Cafe, Senso (Italian restaurant), SK-11, etc'. So far only Spore Airline is the only confirmed T3 tenant so far. So if you, like me fly Jetstar a lot, no chance to use their facility there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
A lot of buzz has been generated about Changi Airport's Terminal 3 which opens on Jan 9. According to reports, among the 100 shops and 30 f&b outlets is a 'Ferrari shop-the first in any airport outside Italy. Luxury cellphone manuafacturer Vertu will also open an outlet. Other brands to open there are Mulberry, Fifa, La Perla, Fat Face, Hard Rock Cafe, Senso (Italian restaurant), SK-11, etc'. So far only Spore Airline is the only confirmed T3 tenant so far. So if you, like me fly Jetstar a lot, no chance to use their facility there.

That's how stupid Singaporeans can be. Blindly and unthinkingly believing all the buzz. Try Incheon, Seoul.

That's how stupid Singaporeans can be. Blindly and unthinkingly believing all the buzz. Try Incheon, Seoul.

Never try it bf, but i made a search. in this link on the rigt side there is a virtual tour of the airport. TRY?

and see for yourself ;)

i find it funny how people can make comments like "no lah, hongkong's cheplapkok airport is much better than T3", when T3 is not even officially open. unless you can travel into the future, how do you even know that T3 is better/worse than other airports?

anyway, i'm personally impressed by changi, having been to my share of airports around the world (not incheon though, so i can't comment on that). strangely enough, the human touch that's so lacking in many parts of singapore may be found at changi.

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

My friend saw with his own eyes a savage beating by a Korean staff of an Indian guy who was caught shoplifting at the Duty Free at Seoul Airport. Whack whack whack! This would not happen here at Changi. So much for Incheon. :D

Considering being a reputable international airport, there are many personnel problems internally like high labour turnover rate. As a result, they often need to employ under trained staffs and temporary staffs.

My friends who work in the check in counters always have long shifts and work continuously for more than a week without off days. Under incapable personnel management, they also protest for bad staff treatment and under paid (we all do that too).

I feel that it is like a time bomb. Sooner or later it will explode and will have effect on the efficency and image of Changi airport.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

I guess high turn over is inevitable in such a high stress environment. When dealing with customers direct, these staff often take the full heat of angry customers. I often see such incidents in helpdesk environment.

Back to Changi Airport, just want to check with you guys. I believe Changi Airport has a homely feeling is partly due to the fact that it is carpeted. Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan airports are mainly tiles or laminate. On one hand, these airports seems porsh and up class, but they feel more like high end shopping centres rather than homes. What do you think?

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

I have travel to dubai, beijing, shanghai, khazakstan, south africa johannesburg, north korea, bkk, Hong Kong, Taiwan.

I still think Singapore Airport is the best I have discovered yet.

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

I believe Changi Airport has a homely feeling is partly due to the fact that it is carpeted. The Thai airport may be new but it certainly feels 'cold'. Maybe due to its grey concrete stucture all around.

I personally thought the carpet at our Changi airport is ghastly!!! So gaudy. I almost got a headache staring at it. :D

I personally thought the carpet at our Changi airport is ghastly!!! So gaudy. I almost got a headache staring at it. :D

wait till you see T3. . will give u more headache i guess.. even the tile flooring already made u headache.. not mentioning the carpet yet..

I've flown to most cities in asia including hongkong and seoul..

I personally prefer Changi. Homely and not cold. Many new airports in the world looks good with the metal interior, very modern as well.. But they lack the x factor that Changi has. They r cold looking and sometimes i think they all nearly look the same, just different layout.

It's very important for an airport to have an identity as well. And this is branding. I think Changi brands itself very much alike as our country.. A garden city.

In my opinion, Changi is the best! ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.