Male HQ

In Loving Memory Of Leslie Cheung

gammaray

Today marks the 10th anniversary of Leslie's death. I've no strong recollection of his passing away back then, maybe partly because I haven't accepted who I was. Years later, he instantly became my shining star after a great deal of research. A real talent who's equally good-looking.. Personally, he was by far the most successful asian gay who really made it there. What tragedy of being a gay as a taboo, which ended his career abruptly and ultimately his life (as a depressive).

It saddens me to read his suicide notes in exact chinese form: "Depression! 多謝各位朋友,多謝麥列菲菲教授,這一年很辛苦,不能再忍受, 多謝唐先生,多謝家人,多謝肥姐. 我一生沒做壞事 為何這樣?"

Miss you, just like the wind! 

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

哥哥, 我好想念你。。。。

哥哥, 你是唯一。。无人能代替。。。

2003 愚人节当天, 你的不告而别令我非常伤心。。

十年了, 每当听到你的歌曲 都会觉得 英才早。。。。。不你永远活在我的心里。。

Leslie, you are the epitome of an entertainer.

You were outstanding in your singing, dancing and acting.

You were the first (if not among the first) to declare your sexual preference.

Your popularity did not wane because you cannot be banished.

2003 was a tempestuous year.

You left with Anita Mui... two of Asian's pride and joy.

Rest in eternal peace.

Funny.... I'm sure 80% of the guys here don't even really know who he was :)

I was looking at his older vids and came upon this.... sigh...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gNf8SIOgPms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss him. Time really flies. I belongs to that 20%

thanks for the vid.

Edited by junxiang

Guest 50+yo Fit Uncle

Long before he came out, my gaydar can sense that he is gay.

He is the stereotypical Asian gay. Effeminate good looks, a touch of insecurity in his eyes, good vocals that is far from manly. Geez that seems to describe 50% of the pop idols in East Asia.

His gayness became the focal point of everything he does instead of his talent. The good and the bad. The bad is that most Asians have very few interests outside of work and love to gossip. His friends, the public, the papers ...some of them started gossiping and speculating...to an insecure gay, these are very loud noises. Enough to keep buzzing in his mind and drive him insane.

Many gays here have been through the same insecurity and understand his pains.

But I beg to differ. Don't wallow in self pity. Be open. 天塌下来当被盖。没什么大不了的。

Fuxk care, if this homophobic world want to play hypocritical games, I laugh back at them. If they think 377a is right then I laugh louder. They have no shame then why should I. If they convict me under 377a, I curse them like Gallileo curse the ignorant church.

I am on higher moral grounds that made me proud.

Guest Guest

what makes u say that? im in my 20s and i already know him as early as 12 or 13 yo.

I was looking at his older vids and came upon this.... sigh...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gNf8SIOgPms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even only if 1 person knows him here, it's good enough to post. He's legendary, I have to give him due credits for opening the crack in a so open yet so close minded asia culture. 

Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga are great but the angmohs got it way too easy lingering with gay image.

Long before he came out, my gaydar can sense that he is gay.

He is the stereotypical Asian gay. Effeminate good looks, a touch of insecurity in his eyes, good vocals that is far from manly. Geez that seems to describe 50% of the pop idols in East Asia.

His gayness became the focal point of everything he does instead of his talent. The good and the bad. The bad is that most Asians have very few interests outside of work and love to gossip. His friends, the public, the papers ...some of them started gossiping and speculating...to an insecure gay, these are very loud noises. Enough to keep buzzing in his mind and drive him insane.

Many gays here have been through the same insecurity and understand his pains.

But I beg to differ. Don't wallow in self pity. Be open. 天塌下来当被盖。没什么大不了的。

Fuxk care, if this homophobic world want to play hypocritical games, I laugh back at them. If they think 377a is right then I laugh louder. They have no shame then why should I. If they convict me under 377a, I curse them like Gallileo curse the ignorant church.

I am on higher moral grounds that made me proud.

Actually I thought he is quite man hahaa. Yeah, can sense a tinge of insecurity and sadness in his eyes somehow.

I guess not many have a strong acceptance of his sexual orientation and love life, depending the scenario one is in. Maybe I feel if there could be another way out sometimes, not that I'm totally ashamed. Idk how to explain it. Just mixed feelings.

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

Back to 1986...the year Leslie won the top song with 有誰共鳴

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-s5TWZij7E

Some of the performers have also passed on...Anita, Roman...

A memorable role from A Chinese Ghost Story (倩女幽魂)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV6Kpn2g6Gc

Edited by glowingember

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

Guest Guest

Wah. This you also don't know?

The one at the left IS Leslie's one and only love - Mr. Tang.

i know, i was wondering who the aj looking guy next to him was - did a search and he's just 张国荣 前经纪人陈淑芬 的儿子。

Mr 唐鶴德 Daffy Tong is a rare gem, a truly devoted guy!

Guest Guest

2013-04-01

唐鹤德透过媒体给大家的一封信

首先在此谢谢你的关怀和哥哥粉丝们的爱护。

Leslie的粉丝都是很有素养的。非常感激他们为哥哥所付出的一切,同时亦感谢他们透过书信、留言或偶尔侵犯我私人空间带来的慰问。这些我都非常感动!因为他们没有忘记哥哥!

以前我在这个伤心的时候,都会用鸵鸟的方法,飞往美国去逃避现实,以为这样就可以忘掉伤痛。但这个刻骨铭心的日子所带来的伤痛,是不会因为时间和空 间的改变而有所减轻。随着时光的流逝,伤口总算黏合起来,但仍是伤痕累累!这几年,我都会选择在家中度过这个难以释怀的时刻。庆幸地有一班好友和哥哥的亲 人,经常给我带来慰问及陪伴我度过这个伤痛的时光!

生活依旧,除了打球以外就是和好友们聚餐。现正在学习生活好每一天,相信这样就是对至亲最好的回报。最后容许我在此跟Leslie说一声“愿意今生约定他生再拥抱”。

0023ae72898c12bf2d8804.jpg

this is one of three private pics released to public by him.

Guest LONEly NIGht

Leslie and Danny famous at the same time. I remember those 80th fashion I love most, contrast colour matching and loose clothing , guys complete with white sock and black shoes

, we danced to the music of Michael Jackson , Bruce Springsteen, Leslie' Monica , l like Leslie more compared to Danny cos Leslie more

flamboyant, cheeky and lively, now both have gone, I miss them so much. To think back, now I more favour on Danny, don't know why, could be his character : innocence , cute and elegant , his ballads easily touched yr heart , even now .

Guest Guest

Leslie and Danny famous at the same time. I remember those 80th fashion I love most, contrast colour matching and loose clothing , guys complete with white sock and black shoes

, we danced to the music of Michael Jackson , Bruce Springsteen, Leslie' Monica , l like Leslie more compared to Danny cos Leslie more

flamboyant, cheeky and lively, now both have gone, I miss them so much. To think back, now I more favour on Danny, don't know why, could be his character : innocence , cute and elegant , his ballads easily touched yr heart , even now .

he's called daffy not danny but anw the hong kong media and closed friends like to call him 唐唐.

Guest Guest

张国荣眼中的唐鹤德

“对他,我什么话都可以说。对我来说,他宛如我的brother。我与他在小时候就认识,我母亲是他的干妈(注:在中国,除了真正的父母以外,为了小孩的 前途,有认干爸干妈的习惯,一辈子作为亲戚相处。)特别是在他家人移民美国以后,他就象我们家人一样了。我想,我一辈子都应该感谢他。在我还没有走红的时 候,有一次,因为发生一件事使我急需一笔钱。那是我一生中最困难的时候了。那时他什么也没说,就设法弄到了相当于他好几个月工资的钱借给了我。

后来我才听说,为此他好几个月,每天都只吃最便宜的盒饭。在我最困难的时候,待我这么好的朋友,只有他一个。所以我把他作为一生的朋 友看。他不仅仅是我许多朋友中的一个,他对我来说,是一个特别的、非常重要的朋友。佢畀到好多意见我,无论工作上同其他方面。以前我好冲动,依家就可以 好冷静。佢又帮我睇住盘数,我只识揾钱,唔识睇数,佢学识,对呢方面认识,好多时帮我做到Decision Making。

唐先生话依家市道,楼价系一个循环,有好价就好卖,有好(楼盘)吸引,我都买佢好好,对我真的好好,佢又会爱屋及乌,对朋友、对同事都义无反顾,对我就更直情无得讲啦。因为我有一些犀利的,他没有,所以他是好好人,好识得定位,甚么时候做什么角色,尤其是我们生活如此忙碌,有一个人在自己身边支持的确好好多。他是主赐给我的。”

Guest Guest

1982年12月9日,张国荣于香港丽晶酒店邂逅唐鹤德,3年后两人正式拍拖。

在张国荣事业最低潮的时候,唐鹤德把所有积蓄都借给了他,给他打气,陪他渡过难关,并告诉张国荣他会支持他到底。这一刻,张国荣感动了。

1985年,张国荣一生的转折点到来了,他凭着一曲《Monica》攀上事业第一个高峰,还找到了真正爱他的人—唐唐。张国荣趁杨诺思放暑假回港,将自己心中所想告诉她,她知道张国荣的苦衷,于是反过来安慰张国荣,说:“那就好了,以后我再不用为你牵肠挂肚了。”

1995年7月张国荣与唐先生同车被跟,结果他怒撞采访车,后来还对外宣称:“有人想诬赖我搞同性恋。”然而在共同走过12个年头后,张国荣终于按捺不住,公开了两人关系。

关系公开

1997年1月张国荣在红馆复 出演唱会的最后一场个人演唱会中,知己男友唐鹤德终于现身。当天晚上唐鹤德坐在场馆第五排,化身张国荣头号歌迷在台下支持他。当张国荣唱《I Honestly LoveYou》一曲时,张国荣更是深情凝望着唐鹤德,被认为是献给唐鹤德的。在演唱会上,张国荣还剖白了自己的感情世界,张国荣说:“只要我开心,外间 无权过问,我只会做回张国荣。”张国荣更借一曲《月亮代表我的心》向数万歌迷表白心意:“唐先生是妈妈以外,我生命中至爱的人!”终于令两人关系变得明朗化,同时也证实了外界有关他性取向的猜测。张国荣的举动,非但没有影响他在FANS心目中的地位,反而获得更多的掌声与祝福,他和唐鹤德的交往,还曾被香港电台票选为演艺圈内感情最坚固的情侣。

1998年,张国荣经历了人生又一次大波折——失亲。张国荣说自己没有父母缘,即使童年很不幸福,得到的照顾少得可怜,他仍然是个极为孝顺的孩子。灵堂中,他一双眼睛里全是泪光——这世界,最爱他的人,又少了一个。

2001年,张国荣接受《时代》周刊亚洲版的访问,提及他的爱情时,公开表示双性恋比较适合他,可见张国荣已无惧任何事,重要的是自己喜欢,自己的爱人欢喜,他敢爱敢做。公然在全港观众面前向他示爱,宣告虽然缺少一纸婚约,但从未影响过二人的幸福。

He looks much better in this pic. Better looking than his real person. Or maybe now he aged already. 

Tis pic shld be donkey yrs ago, so confirm he looks better. He is 55 yr old tis yr, but seems like he put on quite a bit of weight as compared 10 yrs ago.

Anyway, time flies and leslie already left us 10 yrs liao!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

Although it has been 10 years but im just wondering why exactly did leslie commit suicide? He has such a loving bf and though being gay is hard and especially with his celebrity status but having someone u really love and to grow old with is definitely enough.

Guest Guest

Tis pic shld be donkey yrs ago, so confirm he looks better. He is 55 yr old tis yr, but seems like he put on quite a bit of weight as compared 10 yrs ago.

that's him appearing in public a few days ago. at 55, i think he still look good. as compared to our minister Ng Eng Hen who's also 55.

350x.jpg

Guest Guest

aiyo, how come suddenly all the pictures appear on post 23? It wasn't showing up to noon today. 邪。 All those bitches in this forum be careful, if u bitch somemore Leslie will come and teach u a lesson. Please learn to be nice to one another and your graciousness will be reciprocated in due course. 

Guest Guest

aiyo, how come suddenly all the pictures appear on post 23? It wasn't showing up to noon today. 邪。 All those bitches in this forum be careful, if u bitch somemore Leslie will come and teach u a lesson. Please learn to be nice to one another and your graciousness will be reciprocated in due course.

dun talk cock, the pics are not showing at all.

Guest Guest

i din talk cock, all 7 pics are showing on my screen. Post 23. I can see the logo, ido.3mt.com.cn, Can other members see the pics?

Guest Guest

i din talk cock, all 7 pics are showing on my screen. Post 23. I can see the logo, ido.3mt.com.cn, Can other members see the pics?

u are supposed to see pictures and not ido.3mt.com.cn.  u trying to be funny?

• Guest locked this topic