Male HQ

Wonton Mee

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

give the stall at rowell road at serangoon end a try.

it is open for lunch only and sold out around 1.30pm.

the chilli sauce is very to the tongue with a hint of spicy serangoon curry powder.

Hmm.... I still think the wanton mee is really over rated at the Eminent Plaza leh...

Maybe cause the wanton mee is traditional cantanese style, why I am a hock chew, hence had follow the traditional taste of hokkien style for a long time.

I prefer the one in East Coast Lagoon food centre.... The meat is better taste there, although the meat is full of fats :P

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Guest Guest

I like the one at rochore. Just opposite the rochore/bugis NTUC. The noodles not clumped together. But the portions per plate quite small.

Oh I had try the stall at Rochor Centre, I would say it is a good one, love the Chicken Feet noodle...

But hor, they very fast sell out leh. Guys who wanna try, try to go at lunch time, after lunch, cannot garantee got noodle liao... :P

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Sometimes when I want to try HongKong style wonton mee (prawn fillings instead of pork), I will go to the one at Ghim Moh food market. It reminds me of the wonton mee that I tried in Hong Kong. At $3 it is so much cheaper than going to expensive restaurants.

• 8 months later...

Continuation ...

Comment: Andy@Tokyo

Posted: February 20, 2008 07:31 pm

Clementi Ave 2 coffeshop also got gd wanton mee. just opp. the wetmarket.. wonder if it is still there

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: Sam64

Posted: February 21, 2008 10:22 am

Andy-san's heart is in Clementi, but body in Tokyo...haha. Any good wantan mee in Tokyo?

Lots of talk about wantan noodles in HK...noodles in HK is nice and 'chewy', but somehow I miss the little bit of sambal chilli which Singaporean noodle sellers put into the sauce.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: danvin

Posted: February 21, 2008 02:11 pm

(Sam64 @ February 21, 2008 10:22 am)

Andy-san's heart is in Clementi, but body in Tokyo...haha. Any good wantan mee in Tokyo?

Lots of talk about wantan noodles in HK...noodles in HK is nice and 'chewy', but somehow I miss the little bit of sambal chilli which Singaporean noodle sellers put into the sauce.

Try the wanton mee at Old Airport Rd hawker centre. Have to wait so long, the que is terrible daily. I only go there during football season at national stadium.

Comment: Panda_9791

Posted: February 27, 2008 12:46 am

Yes danvin, its not worth queuing for the wanton mee at old airport road anymore. These are what i call hawker cooks with no integrity. Because they think they got people dying to try their food, they anyhow cook.

Next time if u go old airport rd market, check out this italian food stall at the last row together with the rest of the malay stalls. Cute stocky owner with chest hair making appearances whenever he wear polo tees... heheh biggrin.gif

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• 1 month later...

Try the Wanton mee over @ MeiLing Street there.

I always go there and eat their wanton mee and their char siew is good! =P

"arF! Your Neighborhood Friendly Little Puppy! arF!"

"O Pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.

Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.

Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.

Would you like to see what death is like?"

Official secret... declassified...

The coffeeshop opposite the entrance of Tiong Bahru Market (where escalators are).

Ghim Tin Roast Meat... serves wonton noodles that are very very springy and 'crunchy/crispy' for lack of a better word... and the wontons are just .... oops... did i just give out the location of my favourite, quiet, best of the best roast meats joint???

yikes!!!

their See Yaou gai (Tao You Kuay) soy sauced chicken... wa lao.... and roast Duck... wa lau.... and their char siew... wa lao eh... (be sure to order the have fatty, half lean char siew - as Char Siew should be)... ordering lean char siew (imho, wasting time - pls dun eat if you scared fat)... their siew yoke (wah lao.....)

and they have this wonderful chopped spring onion and ginger wif chicken oil dip... wa my goodness lau eh......

all bad for you ... dun go there... dun try... poisonous....

serious...

i sacrifice myself go there... you all avoid hor... thanks!@

Guest Dicky
I miss them. a couple used to sell the wanton mee infront of the former National Library. Susequently they have moved to Joo chat. Thereafter, they disappeared again. where are they now?

It appear in an episode of Lost and Found.....it should be at Far East Square Food Museum. Not the one near Orchard Road.

Name of stall is - Nam Seng Wanton Noodles?

Guest Dicky

Read one of the comments of the blog above and found out she moved again. So poor thing. The aunty so old already still have to move her stall so many times.

"she has rebounded and opened up at Far East Square on China St side. It's opposite Don's Pies."

Maybe someone working in the area can verify if the stall is at now at Far east sq?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.