Male HQ

Is It So Easy To Get Nice Bods & Abs From Exercising?

darkiedark

Why does it seem like everyone has nice bods with abs nowadays. Just open any gay social apps and you get to see all the nice bods.

And why I try and try also cannot get rid of my fats leh. Wad is the secret? Anyone can share?

everyone has abs. Most are covered in fat. As long as you lower your % body fat, you will have abs.

This^

It's not easy per se... since all of us already have abdominal muscles. The difficult part comes from losing enough fats for it to show through.

it's very very difficult to maintain as you really do need to account for everything you eat! No junk food, no fries, burgers, chicken rice, chips, chocolates etc. everyday n night it's boiled skinless chicken rice, fish soup n egg whites. N don't forget no salt, soya sauce, sugar or anything w white flour.

Is it worth it? I personally fun think so.

Guest Guest

it's very very difficult to maintain as you really do need to account for everything you eat! No junk food, no fries, burgers, chicken rice, chips, chocolates etc. everyday n night it's boiled skinless chicken rice, fish soup n egg whites. N don't forget no salt, soya sauce, sugar or anything w white flour.

Is it worth it? I personally fun think so.

Tat's why you are fat.

i also wanna know.

do these guys really train very very hard and diet or just naturally gifted (dun do much, not do nothing) ?

Thanks whoever who help changed the subject. Haha. Sounds better now but I almost couldn't find it when I came back. Didn't know it got changed.

Yeah. Like what Guest said. The question is do they really train so hard? cos it's not easy but yet so many people can do it. I wonder how.

Edited by darkiedark

Haha. Firstly, yes, it is easy if you're naturally skinny and lean, an ectomorph. No offense to anyone, but in my opinion, skinny guys with abs are like fat chicks with big boobs. I wouldn't want to be skinny just so my abs will show. Being huge and maintaining your abs, now that's a challenge. Yes, training is essential, about 3-5 times depending on your level of expertise, age, nutrition and whether or not you're juiced up. But training takes only takes up 1 hour, what u do for the rest of the day is the key. Your diet, whether u hit your macros at the end of the day. Your rest, coz that's the time your body builds and repairs your muscles and this only occurs 1-2 hour after u sleep. So sufficient rest is necessary as well. And lastly of course, your gene plays a part. Some ppl are just gifted genetically, mesomorphs. But screw genes, if u really want it, train hard and smart, and you'll achieve it. But if u wanna be lean just so your abs will show, just go on a diet and high intensity cardio. Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself though. There's a lot of diet plans out there; keto, carb cycling, cbl, if. Choose one suitable for u. Ntg in life is easy, but everything is possible.

Guest abs.less

I would not say "not many ppl looks good w abs". I think guys w abs looks good in general. But I also find that you do not need a 6pack to look good.

Looking beautiful is more than owning that 6pack abs n woman size chest. :)

Cos u already achieved those things, so it is easier for u to say this :-)

When I was younger, I used to gym hard for them abs for the sake of making myself attractive (for others)

But now that I am older - I do it more for health reasons and keep the energy up - no longer gunning for the 6 paks or merman lines

KInda lost interest after all.....

Agree. Does it really matter to have 6 pac? I think having a flat stomach is sufficient.

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

well, just letting you know, the source in which you get all your information is pretty biased, it does not really reflect the entire male population in Singapore. I mean, people who are attractive are more likely willing to put up photos of their bodies. On top of that, average looking people would also put up highly foreshortened/cropped up images to exaggerate their bodily features.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Guest Guest

When I was younger, I used to gym hard for them abs for the sake of making myself attractive (for others)

But now that I am older - I do it more for health reasons and keep the energy up - no longer gunning for the 6 paks or merman lines

KInda lost interest after all.....

yea you are right man....

before 30, keep gymming just to be attractive to show others

now in 30s, more impt to do it for yourself and for health.....why should i do it to please others :B)

Guest Guest

@abs.less: hmmm, not quite true. I do not have big chest n I have no 6-pack. Yes, that pic in my avatar is me. :)

but dey....ur avatar shows u have a nice body le.

Guest Guest

@Guest: thank you for ur kind words. There are many better one out there. *blush*

u are welcome. but u said u dun have big chest and 6 pecs. but have what !!

Guest Guest

maybe he sucked in his tummy in that pic.

dont train gym la. i see a few gays w good bod but long time no see them and when i saw them down the street, it becomes flappy.

best to keep slim

Guest Do u think I'm sexy

well, just letting you know, the source in which you get all your information is pretty biased, it does not really reflect the entire male population in Singapore. I mean, people who are attractive are more likely willing to put up photos of their bodies. On top of that, average looking people would also put up highly foreshortened/cropped up images to exaggerate their bodily features.

yeah lo. Take a few pics at different angles then sure got one very especially good one.

I am slightly chubby, but by sucking in my stomach, can see some abs lines vaguely, it also automatically puffs out my chest to make it very big. Take a few pics and found one was super sexy.

Gays are super superficial, I get lots of hits by all sorts of buayas. That is the real me untouched but artistically taken. All's fair in sex and wars.

Guest Guest

maybe he sucked in his tummy in that pic.

dont train gym la. i see a few gays w good bod but long time no see them and when i saw them down the street, it becomes flappy.

best to keep slim

bcos they have become 'enlightened' and are not in the meat race anymore.

Guest Guest

nah, u miss out another one - some attractive ones dun put up their photos or 'show off' at all.

何必羡慕别人, 只要有健康体魄, 无疼痛, 无疾病, 就是上帝的恩赐。

如果你要健身, 应该以健康为出发点, 个人的体质有异, 生活饮食有别,

睡眠, 压力等心里状态也有关系,

因此效果也就有快慢之分, 但是只要持之以恒, 一定不会离目标太远。

Edited by snowball

Guest Guest

actually for myself, i have been working out and gymming to prove to myself that i can get 6 pecs and a nice body. halfway through only but there are results so i dun wanna give up.

anything that resulted from it - like getting more attention and improving self esteem are just bonus. the best is of course health results.

Just because people work out you accuse them of being in the meat race/superficial/e.t.c.?

That's just a bunch of sour grapes right there.

I think getting a good body from exercising AND eating right is a respective goal.

However no one wants to keep to eating properly,quoting YOLO all over the place.

This doesn't apply to people with high metabolism and can eat anything without seeming to get out of shape.

Guest Guest

Just because people work out you accuse them of being in the meat race/superficial/e.t.c.?

sour grapes?

many gays work out cos they are in the meat race and are superficial, theres no denying that dude.

nah, u miss out another one - some attractive ones dun put up their photos or 'show off' at all.

yeah, u can hope like striking lottery. So far, those that don't put photos that I've met are cmi. I met them just to prove the statistics.

Gays are mostly shallow and cynical. NPNT no pictures no talk, cynical means that they believe no pics meant ugly. Not because discreet or not want to be in the meat race. Otherwise why be there? If discreet then at least a half body pic would be a good idea of his outlook. See Snowball's pic, if his pic is ugly, he is less likely to be listened to.

As for those who put fake pics, they are wasting their own time because if they keep evading to meet, we will suspect something. If they even dare to meet, they will be facing the nastiest despise that even the most thick skinned would be afraid of. Worse than that would be always mentioned as the bad example. So very few dare to do it.

Guest Guest

yeah, u can hope like striking lottery. So far, those that don't put photos that I've met are cmi. I met them just to prove the statistics.

lol i dun need to hope like striking lottery. :P  i HAVE friends who are like that. you just need to look around more or actually get to know them.

I think getting a good body from exercising AND eating right is a respective goal.

However no one wants to keep to eating properly,quoting YOLO all over the place.

This doesn't apply to people with high metabolism and can eat anything without seeming to get out of shape.

*respectable goal

i agree with seany!

i was born fat lived fat for 20 years! and now i start exercising just to be called superficial?!!?!

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

lol i dun need to hope like striking lottery. :P i HAVE friends who are like that. you just need to look around more or actually get to know them.

On the internet u can say whatever u like. The only proof is to try it for yourself. My take is that this type of postings is by those cmi without pics trying to boost their chances. Gays r cynical so don't waste time, few gays will believe u.

Guest Guest

On the internet u can say whatever u like. The only proof is to try it for yourself. My take is that this type of postings is by those cmi without pics trying to boost their chances. Gays r cynical so don't waste time, few gays will believe u.

okay then, lets not argue anymore. i have stated what i know and is the truth to me, up to you to believe. many (attractive) gays are superficial but there are some attractive ones who dun go around showing their bodies. cheers :B)

Oh, not easy at all. I look at all those trim bodies with envy. There are days where I think, "Forget it, I'm too old for this." And then there are days where I believe that it is still within reach. I agree with the posts above stating that the primary goal should be to maintain a healthy and functional body through diet, exercise and rest. As we work towards being healthier and more active, our bodies will also look fitter and sexier. Often, it is not just the muscles but the overall glow of health and the confidence that comes with it that makes people attractive.

Guest easylover

Yes so what if we, humans, are superficial.

Having a good impression through looks, physical body and grooming is VERY important in this competitive world.

At work, don't you want to be recognised for your contributions?

At school, don't you want to be singled out for your detailed presentation?

So, we are humans and we need to receive compliments.

Furthermore, having a healthy body (whether or not there is 6- or 8-packs) is one sure way to reduce the medical bills, now and later. So, by all means, enjoy a good workout - do some form of exercise regularly.

It gets harder and harder to remain trim as one gets older. In my 20s, I could eat whatever I wanted and did very little cardio and still had a tight ripped body.

In my 20s, I could sleep four fours a day and still be fresh the next day. In my 20s, I could party from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon and still function during the rest of the week.

I can't do that now.

My decline started in my mid 30s.

One day, I realised that my metabolism has slowed down and I can gain weight very easily if I don't watch wot I eat.

Now that I'm in  my late 30s, I find weight training alone is not enough. I have to supplement that with cardio - lots of cardio. Over time, I'm much better now at long distance running that how I was in my 20s. Now, I need to have at least eight hours of sleep or I will be cranky the next day. I cannot party well into the wee hours of the mornng or I will have to spend the rest of the afternoon sleeping. If in the past I had more time on my hands (I could go to the gym anytime I wanted), now, 24 hours a day is not enough for me. A lot more time is spent at work and juggling family commitments. My priorities have changed and going to the gym does not rank as high.  Aging isn't always pretty and I'm still pretty much in shape. But it is getting much harder to remain so.

So, imho, you can have nice abs at any age, but it gets harder as you age. Father Time and Madam Gravity can be cruel.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Guest Ab-solute

yeah lo. Take a few pics at different angles then sure got one very especially good one.

I am slightly chubby, but by sucking in my stomach, can see some abs lines vaguely, it also automatically puffs out my chest to make it very big. Take a few pics and found one was super sexy.

Gays are super superficial, I get lots of hits by all sorts of buayas. That is the real me untouched but artistically taken. All's fair in sex and wars.

As I become older, having a 10 hour job, commuting everyday 3 hours, taking care of my ageing parents, there aren't a lot of time to carve abs, like when I was in NS. Carving abs is not easy, neither is it difficult. There are gays who are superficially fixated on looks and bods. But I know many who are NOT into looks, bods, chest and abs, or whatever body parts. Many are into the relationship with the person who respects and treats himself and others with kindness, and not treat them like play-thing. Personally, I think abs are unimportant, because more than 90% of the time we are wearing clothes. Staying healthy and strong is the key to happiness. That includes good diet and exercise, and not become overly obese. Also, emotional, mental and psychological wellbeing are higher importance. If someone is attracted to me for my abs, then that person is not for me.

Guest Guest

As I become older, having a 10 hour job, commuting everyday 3 hours, taking care of my ageing parents, there aren't a lot of time to carve abs, like when I was in NS. Carving abs is not easy, neither is it difficult. There are gays who are superficially fixated on looks and bods. But I know many who are NOT into looks, bods, chest and abs, or whatever body parts. Many are into the relationship with the person who respects and treats himself and others with kindness, and not treat them like play-thing. Personally, I think abs are unimportant, because more than 90% of the time we are wearing clothes. Staying healthy and strong is the key to happiness. That includes good diet and exercise, and not become overly obese. Also, emotional, mental and psychological wellbeing are higher importance. If someone is attracted to me for my abs, then that person is not for me.

cant agree more. yes, it is a superficial circle but there are non-superficial people around. maybe it can be fate and luck that you meet them or you just have to know more people and expand your circle. it is not just about other people but about you as well. for a start, you have to change slowly and gradually to be non-superficial yourself. if you are going to care about looks and bods and sex 24/7, it is going to be depressing and empty really. i know cos i was like that myself. work on your hardware and focus less on your packaging. treat exercising as for health reasons and not to hook up with people. you will meet and connect with like minded people if you are sincere and less judgemental yourself.

my bf no abs no 6 packs no firm chests, so? yes he is meaty, but i like what and who he is.

if the guys are into those, what if one day you no longer have and able to maintain,

he say bye bye and break off? as well don't start relationship in the first place.

i not require my bf to be the same or better, as long he is a nice chap, we are click,

body shape really that important? to me as long is stay healthy, that is all i expect.

i believe there are peoples shares the same views as me, or maybe i am those few weird ones.

if want to change, change for yourself, you are put in efforts for your health, for your sake

not for others.

once you start to gym, don't give up easily, and pls don't think that

just a week or two you will tell the different and see the results, give yourself

at least half a year, and you may want to adjust your life style too, my advice is,

don't just carry weights, swim and do cardio too if you need to lose weight,

don't stress yourself, don't rush into it, know your health conditions, good luck.

Edited by snowball

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.